PDA

View Full Version : Almost done

crin63
11-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Went on vacation in early September. Just before going on vacation we bought my parents a place closer to us so we can take care of them. Escrow closed a week after vacation. My wife and I have spent since the middle of September getting their new place ready, packing up roughly 150 boxes, moving them, trying to get them settled in, and getting their old place ready to sell. Mom had surgery during all this. Dad fell twice with the last time resulting in a trip to the ER. No help from my siblings of course, even when my sister was only an hour away during most of the packing and moving.

I'm tired and cranky but glad my parents are closer.

Gunny
11-09-2016, 03:50 PM
Went on vacation in early September. Just before going on vacation we bought my parents a place closer to us so we can take care of them. Escrow closed a week after vacation. My wife and I have spent since the middle of September getting their new place ready, packing up roughly 150 boxes, moving them, trying to get them settled in, and getting their old place ready to sell. Mom had surgery during all this. Dad fell twice with the last time resulting in a trip to the ER. No help from my siblings of course, even when my sister was only an hour away during most of the packing and moving.

I'm tired and cranky but glad my parents are closer.

Want to compare September vacations and trips to the ER, huh? Have I ever got a story for YOU ....:laugh2:

crin63
11-09-2016, 05:29 PM
Want to compare September vacations and trips to the ER, huh? Have I ever got a story for YOU ....:laugh2:

I'm just glad you're still with us and ornery as ever my friend!

CSM
11-09-2016, 05:36 PM
Yer a good man, Mr. Crin

crin63
11-09-2016, 11:20 PM
Yer a good man, Mr. Crin

Thank you!

SassyLady
11-09-2016, 11:26 PM
I commend anyone who has the patience, love and resources to take care of their elderly parents. My parents died young so I wasn't put in that position. You're a good person Crin.