PDA

View Full Version : Boss says employees who agree with Trump's rhetoric should resign

red states rule
11-11-2016, 05:51 AM
Who would want to work for a jerk like this?

Nothing like liberal tolerance and civility

If you voted for Donald Trump, you may not feel welcomed at Grubhub.
The CEO of Grubhub, an online food delivery service, sent a company wide email Wednesday suggesting employees who agree with President-elect Donald Trump’s behaviors and his campaign rhetoric should resign.
“If you do not agree with this statement then please reply to this email with your resignation because you have no place here,” wrote Matt Maloney, Co-Founder of Grubhub. “We do not tolerate hateful attitudes on our team."

Maloney, a Hillary Clinton supporter, sent the email Wednesday afternoon with the subject line, “So…that happened…what’s next?” He made it clear in the email statement that he is personally stunned and deeply concerned with the results of Tuesday’s election.
“I absolutely reject the nationalist, anti-immigrant and hateful politics of Donald Trump and will work to shield our community from this movement as best as I can,” Maloney wrote about Trump’s supporters.
Related Image

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/us/2016/11/10/boss-tells-pro-trump-employees-to-resign/_jcr_content/article-text/article-par-5/images/image.img.jpg/880/558/1478808834699.jpg?ve=1&tl=1Expand / Contract
(http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/10/boss-tells-pro-trump-employees-to-resign.html#)Maloney stands by the email, which he said many of his employees appreciated.

“I want to reaffirm to anyone on our team that is scared or feels personally exposed, that I and everyone else here at Grubhub will fight for your dignity and your right to make a better life for yourself and your family here in the United States.”
The CEO made it clear he’s particularly concerned Trump’s victory will empower others in his workplace to act out against marginalized groups.
“While demeaning, insulting, and ridiculing minorities, immigrants, and the physically/mentally disabled worked for Mr. Trump, I want to be clear that this behavior -- and these views -- have no place at Grubhub,” Maloney explained.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/10/boss-tells-pro-trump-employees-to-resign.html

Drummond
11-11-2016, 08:19 AM

Yes.

If so-called 'hateful attitudes' are the problem, I take it that this joker will be immediately quitting himself ??

red states rule
11-11-2016, 08:21 AM
Yes.

If so-called 'hateful attitudes' are the problem, I take it that this joker will be immediately quitting himself ??

And he is opening himself up to a hell of a lawsuit

Drummond
11-11-2016, 08:29 AM
And he is opening himself up to a hell of a lawsuit

Yes !

This also illustrates what I've been saying about the Left. They just won't tolerate thinking that doesn't match their own, and they'll stoop to anything (they uselessly hope) to bring people into line with them.

They're truly anti-democratic. Which makes even their Party name .. 'The Democratic Party' .. an insulting lie.

red states rule
11-11-2016, 08:31 AM
Yes !

This also illustrates what I've been saying about the Left. They just won't tolerate thinking that doesn't match their own, and they'll stoop to anything (they uselessly hope) to bring people into line with them.

They're truly anti-democratic. Which makes even their Party name .. 'The Democratic Party' .. an insulting lie.

My employers requires me to take this type of training every year. It is not that hard to prove either

Disparate treatment is a way to prove illegal employment discrimination. An employee who makes a disparate treatment claim alleges that he or she was treated differently than other employees who were similarly situated, and that the difference was based on a protected characteristic.

Abbey Marie
11-11-2016, 08:39 AM
Use Fresh Direct!

red states rule
11-11-2016, 08:42 AM
Use Fresh Direct!

Any other company besides Grubhub

Maybe his business tanks, and Trump's blind trust will buy the company for peanuts. That would be poetic justice

Balu
11-11-2016, 08:59 AM
Nowadays there are a lot of people accusing Trump in racism.
I wonder if there are only "whites" working in his companies and enterprises or, if "colored" work there, are they discriminated?

revelarts
11-11-2016, 09:12 AM
There were some that did same on the right when Obama won in 2008.

I just reread it again the earlier this week.
some here my not believe me but do I really have to prove it at this point?

red states rule
11-11-2016, 09:15 AM
There were some that did same on the right when Obama won in 2008.

I just reread it again the earlier this week.
some here my not believe me but do I really have to prove it at this point?

You are correct Rev - but only to a point. Steve Winn sent out an email that IF his taxes, cost of health ins, and added expense of complying with new regulations he would first anyone how voted for Obama first. As far as I know he never did that. This is a bit different then telling anyone who voted for President Elect Trump to quit now

DLT
11-11-2016, 12:35 PM

That moron just opened himself up to endless lawsuits, methinks. You can't basically threaten to fire someone based purely on their political leanings. It's idiotic.

red states rule
11-11-2016, 12:37 PM
That moron just opened himself up to endless lawsuits, methinks. You can't basically threaten to fire someone based purely on their political leanings. It's idiotic.

He supported Hillary so that proves intelligence is not one of his stronger traits