PDA

View Full Version : Kellyanne Conway for chief of staff

red states rule
11-11-2016, 04:12 PM
Damn good choice!!!!

As noted yesterday, Trump has three constituencies rather than the usual two to please in appointing cabinet members and senior aides. He’s got his true believers, the people who voted for him; he’s got the people who worked for him and who actually helped him get elected, the spoils-system recipients; and he’s got the majority of the country, the Democrats, independents, and Trump-skeptic Republicans who watched the returns Tuesday night thinking Do I need to buy gold? The ideal pick for each job is someone who checks all three boxes. When push comes to shove, his voters need to be satisfied first. But if you can find a pick who makes everyone happy, why not pick them?
The only position I’ve seen Kellyanne Conway touted for so far is White House press secretary, which makes some sense. She was Trump’s most effective surrogate during the campaign by a country mile. If you’re looking within Trump’s inner circle for someone to be a day-to-day liaison to the national media, you couldn’t do better. But here’s the problem: Press secretary is a stupid, garbage job. The daily press briefing is one of the dreariest rituals in modern politics. Those who are good at it have perfected the art of saying nothing meaningful in a lot of words. Given what Conway accomplished in steering Trump to one of the unlikeliest national victories in American history (https://www.yahoo.com/news/kellyanne-conway-defying-odds-trump-elected-180017222.html?ref=gs), it’s borderline insulting to reward her with a position that lame.
Chief of staff, arguably the single most influential job in the White House apart from the presidency itself, would be better and would recognize the magnitude of her accomplishment. You could say the same for Steve Bannon, the campaign’s CEO and reportedly a top contender for the position, but between his Breitbart pedigree, his support for the alt-right, and the dirty laundry that the media aired this summer and will gleefully revisit if he’s named as COS, choosing him would freak out the third group I named above and will be treated by the press as confirmation of all their worst fears about Trump, rightly and wrongly. There’ll be headlines about how picking Bannon is a declaration of war on minority America — and on the rest of the GOP, given Bannon’s antipathy to Paul Ryan (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/18/how-donald-trump-s-new-hire-finally-killed-gop-unity.html) — and that’ll set the tone for everything going forward. (Besides, everyone understands that Bannon will be an eminence grise even if he’s not named to any formal position.) Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law, is another contender for the job. He seems capable and his instincts appear sound (he was reportedly in favor of dumping Corey Lewandowski over the summer), but he’s a political novice. As a friend said to me yesterday, Trump naming his daughter’s husband to a major position like COS without any experience would come off like something a Panamanian dictator would do. I think all three groups above would tolerate it, but there would be a lot of “huh?” and “amateur hour” reactions in group three, fairly or not.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/11/11/kellyanne-conway-for-chief-of-staff/

Bilgerat
11-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Sounds like a plan to me

red states rule
11-11-2016, 04:17 PM
Sounds like a plan to me

Damn good plan

Perhaps either Rudy or Pam Bondi as AG

red states rule
11-11-2016, 04:20 PM
and for the left how about Sarah Palin for Sec of the Interior?

Abbey Marie
11-11-2016, 05:39 PM
Wait, aren't you guys supposed to be sexist jerks?

Black Diamond
11-11-2016, 05:41 PM

We are. Every last one of us.

Elessar
11-11-2016, 06:03 PM

Of course! We are 'Deplorables'!:laugh:

jimnyc
11-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Sorry, apparently we can't allow women. Only white men with blue eyes. No blacks either, so Carson needs to go. We are racists.

Nevermind that the majority here would vote for Condi Rice. Imagine that, us racist and sexist white folks voting for a white black woman!!

Black Diamond
11-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Sorry, apparently we can't allow women. Only white men with blue eyes. No blacks either, so Carson needs to go. We are racists.

Nevermind that the majority here would vote for Condi Rice. Imagine that, us racist and sexist white folks voting for a white black woman!!

I wonder if Trump's image will change at all. If people give him a chance.

NightTrain
11-11-2016, 06:10 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9469&stc=1

aboutime
11-11-2016, 06:21 PM
My wife and I, with our son's, and all of our grandchildren, have been DEPLORABLY HAPPY :laugh::clap::saluting2:since we learned that AMERICA, and AMERICANS are finally going to become FREE:salute: Again.

And, in case anyone read, or heard what Harry (Cut & Run) said about Trump.

We should all happily be telling Dirty Harry to KISS OUR ASS!:salute:

revelarts
11-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Damn good plan

Perhaps either Rudy or Pam Bondi as AG

Rudy Gulliani as AG would be HORRIBLE. HORRIFIC. the WORSE person he could pick.
It'd just confirm the worse about Trump on the justice front.
Gulliani has ZERO concern for the constitution. or fair justice.
Heck the NY FireDept hates his guts as well as many NY citizens.

Black Diamond
11-11-2016, 06:27 PM
Rudy Gulliani as AG would be HORRIBLE. HORRIFIC. the WORSE person he could pick.

Mussolini??

revelarts
11-11-2016, 06:28 PM
Off the top of my head Jay Sekelo would be an interesting pick. He's a bit extreme for me in some areas but I thick he'd be 1000 times better than Rudy G.

aboutime
11-11-2016, 06:29 PM

rev. You should contact Whoopie, and both of you can weep, whine, and tell us how mad you are, mad enough to leave the country you obviously DESPISE for practicing the Democratic Republic mantra, addressed in the U.S. Constitution?
While you try to think of something to say....think about her....

http://icansayit.com/images/whoopie1.jpg

red states rule
11-12-2016, 02:20 AM

Rudy is a superior prosecutor. Do you remember he helped take down all the five families in NY in the Commission trail?

He is relentless when he goes after someone and he just the type needed to drain the swamp Rev

Funny how he was re-elected as Mayor and he drained that swamp after two terms

Perhaps the hate is simply a liberal thing Rev

revelarts
11-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Rudy is a superior prosecutor. Do you remember he helped take down all the five families in NY in the Commission trail?

He is relentless when he goes after someone and he just the type needed to drain the swamp Rev

Funny how he was re-elected as Mayor and he drained that swamp after two terms

Perhaps the hate is simply a liberal thing Rev

"Perhaps the hate is simply a liberal thing Rev"
sheesh, what's up with you guys?
A Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes song has been going through my head here lately. the title sorta applies..
I wonder if this will be taken out of context as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJVXtddZbeo

revelarts
11-12-2016, 02:43 PM
But as far a Gulliani is concerned I think he's neo-facist, unconstitutional, he's protected corrupt cops, is... um... less than sensitive when it comes to ethnic issues, used 911 for his own glory and enrichment and he crapped on the 911 firefighters and their families after 911.
among other things.

If you think i'm mistaken and want me provide detail ....that you'll likely reject and/or ignore... about all of the above be prepared to read a lot and or watch a several videos.

NightTrain
11-12-2016, 02:59 PM
But as far a Gulliani is concerned I think he's neo-facist, unconstitutional, he's protected corrupt cops, is... um... less than sensitive when it comes to ethnic issues, used 911 for his own glory and enrichment and he crapped on the 911 firefighters and their families after 911.
among other things.

If you think i'm mistaken and want me provide detail ....that you'll likely reject and/or ignore... about all of the above be prepared to read a lot and or watch a several videos.

I don't get why the sudden dislike of Giuliani?

I mean, I understand why the libs are going batshit about him like everyone else associated with Trump right now, but I can't think of anything he's done wrong?

What am I missing?

And please, Rev, I will watch your vids and read your backup but please stick to decent sources. I've seen enough ranting nutjobs in the last few days all over the net wherever I go.

revelarts
11-12-2016, 03:05 PM
I don't get why the sudden dislike of Giuliani?

I mean, I understand why the libs are going batshit about him like everyone else associated with Trump right now, but I can't think of anything he's done wrong?

What am I missing?

And please, Rev, I will watch your vids and read your backup but please stick to decent sources. I've seen enough ranting nutjobs in the last few days all over the net wherever I go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaCYEEO-58I

revelarts
11-12-2016, 03:13 PM
BTW it's not "all of a sudden", I've never been a fan of Rudy. Trump has nothing to do with my views about Rudy.
I think Rudy makes TRUMP look worse. makes him look old school crony, corrupt, unconstitutional establishment.

NightTrain
11-12-2016, 03:20 PM
BTW it's not "all of a sudden", I've never been a fan of Rudy. Trump has nothing to do with my views about Rudy.
I think Rudy makes TRUMP look worse. makes him look old school crony, corrupt, unconstitutional establishment.

Fair enough! Watching your vid now.

NightTrain
11-12-2016, 03:58 PM
Rev, this video was made back in the '08 runup to election. The IAFF, the Firefighter's Union who made this video, was backing Obama.

Giuliani was a Republican contender, and ultimately was beaten by McCain.

It's a political union hit piece, something I've been exposed to many times as an IBEW member and the union leaders attempt to fulfill their pledges of block voters to the Politician-of-the-Moment do this every election. Honestly, it rankles with most of us - no one tells me how to vote, but there are sheep in every group who do what they're told.

At any rate, regarding the actual substance of that vid...

1) Radio problems - yep, that's a big issue with Police and Firefighters nationwide. A few years ago I helped set up the new emergency radio network around Anchorage for Motorola. It was a fun project and I listened in on the network as we fine tuned things and talked with the cops & firemen as we worked things out. They all had the same gripes - the difference is that Anchorage didn't have a 9/11. They all understood the budgetary problems and technical issues that plague emergency traffic networks.

2) Blaming Giuliani for setting up a headquarters in WTC 7 is pretty lame. No one in their right mind anticipated 9/11 and what ultimately happened there.

3) Stopping the search for bodies after recovering the gold from the vault is BS. I understand that the families were pissed, and we were all there with them in spirit as they grieved this horrible tragedy. Giuliani made some incredibly tough calls that were going to be unpopular no matter which way he went.

I don't subscribe for a moment that he acted in any way nefariously or with any political or self interest in the aftermath of 9/11. He had to make decisions to save as many people as he could as fast as possible and try to avoid any more casualties. In a situation like that, no one is going to bat a thousand.

As far as Rudy Giuliani is concerned, he's still golden in my book.

Abbey Marie
11-12-2016, 04:18 PM
I will have to watch the video when I get home later, but for now I can tell you that my brother was a firefighter with the FDNY, and he is a fan of Giuliani.

revelarts
11-12-2016, 04:54 PM
Rev, this video was made back in the '08 runup to election. The IAFF, the Firefighter's Union who made this video, was backing Obama.

Giuliani was a Republican contender, and ultimately was beaten by McCain.

It's a political union hit piece, something I've been exposed to many times as an IBEW member and the union leaders attempt to fulfill their pledges of block voters to the Politician-of-the-Moment do this every election. Honestly, it rankles with most of us - no one tells me how to vote, but there are sheep in every group who do what they're told.

a hit piece? sheesh.. If i hadn't heard FFs saying the same before and after Rudy ran i might give half a point for that standard reply of ... Rejecting the Source.
but since the FFs have been consistent , i'll take it that they are sincere and not simply politically motivated. But i have to ask, is there any way that Rudy might me considered politically motivated?

At any rate, regarding the actual substance of that vid...

1) Radio problems - yep, that's a big issue with Police and Firefighters nationwide. A few years ago I helped set up the new emergency radio network around Anchorage for Motorola. It was a fun project and I listened in on the network as we fine tuned things and talked with the cops & firemen as we worked things out. They all had the same gripes - the difference is that Anchorage didn't have a 9/11. They all understood the budgetary problems and technical issues that plague emergency traffic networks.
Again I heard and read about the radio problems and the history shortly after 911. Long and Ongoing. And as the video points out the radios Were NOT tested properly and not sent out to bid properly. That goes back to Rudy's management. So at the very least it make him either a poor or negligent Mayor. At worse it makes him corrupt.
Take your pick. But it seems to me one can't say honestly... ho hum they've had radio problems since 1993 and they were never fixed but that shows NO PROBLEM with the leadership. Especially when he LIES before congress about the reason why the Fire Fighters didn't leave the buildings. That alone shows a lack of taking responsibility and a level of scumbaggery that is disgusting.

2) Blaming Giuliani for setting up a headquarters in WTC 7 is pretty lame. No one in their right mind anticipated 9/11 and what ultimately happened there.
If , as it's been shown by documentation, that he refused to follow the advise of his people AND THE FBI and made the decision himself, AFTER terrorist in 1993 had already threatened to try and take down the buildings AGAIN. yes you can.

3) Stopping the search for bodies after recovering the gold from the vault is BS. I understand that the families were pissed, and we were all there with them in spirit as they grieved this horrible tragedy. Giuliani made some incredibly tough calls that were going to be unpopular no matter which way he went.
SO it was just a coincidence that removing remains stopped after the gold was found? hmm.
And it was a tough call to stop the removal of remains. And a tough call to start it back up after FFs and victims family's got enough public support for Rudy to change his mind about putting people's remains in the city landfill.
Yeah sure. sorry i don't buy that NT.

I don't subscribe for a moment that he acted in any way nefariously or with any political or self interest in the aftermath of 9/11. He had to make decisions to save as many people as he could as fast as possible and try to avoid any more casualties. In a situation like that, no one is going to bat a thousand.
Your right no ones going to bat a thousand in anything.
But the above acts don't show me someone who should be playing pro ball.
And Most of the things mentioned in the video had little to do with quick decisions but decisions made over the course of years or weeks and only few were made over the course of days.

As far as Rudy Giuliani is concerned, he's still golden in my book.

As I mentioned earlier the above is only one of many series of reasons why Giuliani is Crap-tastic in my book.

revelarts
11-12-2016, 05:18 PM
As far Giuliani being nefarious or operating with political or self interest, well that goes to motives. Not something that's easily divined.
All I can say is if someone take credits for stuff he had little to do with. And doesn't take responsibility for things he does have direct and indirect authority over. Add to that some actions that seem calculated for his own advantage without regard for others.
Well then i think it's at least reasonable to say that maybe the motives aren't completely pure.

NightTrain
11-12-2016, 05:57 PM
a hit piece? sheesh.. If i hadn't heard FFs saying the same before and after Rudy ran i might give half a point for that standard reply of ... Rejecting the Source.

Rev, if we did not question the source, we'd be no better than the moonbats. I guarantee that you wouldn't like it if I used a Facebook or a blog page as my source. Right?

but since the FFs have been consistent , i'll take it that they are sincere and not simply politically motivated. But i have to ask, is there any way that Rudy might me considered politically motivated?

There are a great many FDNY firefighters who love Giuliani. I already explained to why using a political union hit piece isn't doing you any favors here. And you can't deny that it's not a political video from the '08 election.

Again I heard and read about the radio problems and the history shortly after 911. Long and Ongoing. And as the video points out the radios Were NOT tested properly and not sent out to bid properly. That goes back to Rudy's management. So at the very least it make him either a poor or negligent Mayor. At worse it makes him corrupt.
Take your pick. But it seems to me one can't say honestly... ho hum they've had radio problems since 1993 and they were never fixed but that shows NO PROBLEM with the leadership. Especially when he LIES before congress about the reason why the Fire Fighters didn't leave the buildings. That alone shows a lack of taking responsibility and a level of scumbaggery that is disgusting.

I agree that there were problems that should have been addressed with the radios. What you're overlooking is that the same problem manifests itself all over the country as I tried to explain to you.

Could he have done a better job? Absolutely. But that was not a unique radio problem, especially in 2001. ROIP technology (Radio Over IP) has addressed many of those issues but back then things were a mess and widespread.

Remember the old school analog cell phones back in 2001? The old Nokia candybar phones? Remember how suddenly you'd be talking to another person or listening to someone else's conversation out of the blue? Switching was lagging behind all the portable radios everyone was carrying around and things got very weird. New radios frequently didn't work on old systems, and vice versa, and sometimes they'd work sporadically. I know this from professional experience, and believe me when I say that many times I didn't have any answers to why some radios worked - and neither did the Factory Reps and Engineers from Motorola. We fixed it, but it was a long, convoluted process of trial & error at times.

I hate admitting this, but there were a few times that we fixed a network-killing problem and none of us knew what fixed it. It tested rock solid and at that point, you leave that miserable bastard alone. Not my choice, but the owners paying the bills made that call.

If , as it's been shown by documentation, that he refused to follow the advise of his people AND THE FBI and made the decision himself, AFTER terrorist in 1993 had already threatened to try and take down the buildings AGAIN. yes you can.

You're being illogical here, Rev. No one anticipated 9/11 or even the remote possibility of the building coming down. Hell, you yourself were a staunch supporter that it was impossible for that building to come down accidentally, remember? That whole Truther thing?

SO it was just a coincidence that removing remains stopped after the gold was found? hmm.
And it was a tough call to stop the removal of remains. And a tough call to start it back up after FFs and victims family's got enough public support for Rudy to change his mind about putting people's remains in the city landfill.
Yeah sure. sorry i don't buy that NT.

Fair enough. I don't agree with you, and I think he was trying to think of the safety of the living over recovering the dead, so we'll have to respectfully disagree. It would be a hellishly tough decision to make.

aboutime
11-12-2016, 08:30 PM
rev. Just one question. Other than yourself. Is there any other human being, anywhere in the United States that you DO LIKE?

I once learned from a very reliable, trustworthy person in my life. People like you who are always NEGATIVE about almost everything. BECOME the NEGATIVE you hang out with, listen to, and pretend to be while impressing them with THEIR NEGATIVITY.

OCA
11-12-2016, 08:57 PM
rev. Just one question. Other than yourself. Is there any other human being, anywhere in the United States that you DO LIKE?

I once learned from a very reliable, trustworthy person in my life. People like you who are always NEGATIVE about almost everything. BECOME the NEGATIVE you hang out with, listen to, and pretend to be while impressing them with THEIR NEGATIVITY.

And i once heard an old Greek say that sheep 🐩 like you make good souvlaki and gyros.

gabosaurus
11-13-2016, 12:45 AM
Now that Trump has been elected, I doubt he will appoint any women to key positions. In the business world, white males make the rules and everyone else follows instructions.
Latest scoop on Trump's chief of staff:

Trump is said to be considering Steve Bannon, his campaign chairman and a conservative media executive, and Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus for the job. Neither has significant policy experience, though Priebus is well-liked in Washington and has ties with lawmakers.

Elessar
11-13-2016, 01:07 AM
Got to get past all these long-winded Revalerts posts.

Prior to the 9/11 attack. the NYPD and NYFD had separate Command and Communications Centers.

In other words, they did not communicate well at all.

So the response to the WTC disaster was all screwed up. One Commandc Center in the WTC was
wiped out.

Rudy in the local government, and GWB in the Federal government put a
screeching halt to that kind of division.

That is why we have a National Disaster Plan, because of 9/11. Take ICS 100, ICS 200,
ICS 700, and ICS 800 and you will see what I mean. ICS 300 through ICS 600 are exclusive.

Elessar
11-13-2016, 01:09 AM
Now that Trump has been elected, I doubt he will appoint any women to key positions. In the business world, white males make the rules and everyone else follows instructions.
Latest scoop on Trump's chief of staff:

Another world hear from??
:laugh:

revelarts
11-13-2016, 04:46 AM

AT you haven't been paying attention.
I luv Ron Paul,
But i think I was just about the only one. He got a lot of "negativity" here.
Be great if Trump called him in as a cabinet member
Rand Paul as well.
I like Former and current FBI, CIA, and NSA people that did they're jobs without violating the constitution like William Binney, Ray McGovern, Ali Soufan and Sibel Edmonds. And Many other in the military and other agencies through out gov't that have done the same or MORE by exposing corruption even to their own harm.
I like Senator Sessem On many issues. I like Trey Goudy on some things a lot. i like former congress folks Dennis Kucinich and congress woman Elizabeth Warren on a lot of things. Heck I like Trump on 1 or 2 issues.
There are many i like on a few issues but here's the thing AT, there are very few working politicians that really want to abide by the whole constitution and stand for civil liberties, very few that really work for a small gov't, very few that are not in favor having troops all over the world nation building or "creating democracies", Very few that want free and FAIR trade and not crony capitalism, and not many who believe that killing babies is wrong enough to actual legislate against.

But hey, I guess that was fair question AT.
However I suspect no matter what i say you won't like my answer.
But there it's.

But i have to ask AT, can you show me all the POSITIVE post you have about ME on the board?
what's up with all the negativity? who do you like here?
And who do you like in politics?
It seems you spend most of your time complaining about others on the board.
right?

revelarts
11-13-2016, 05:05 AM
But you know At's question does bring up a good point.
I think most people here complain a lot about various politicians and public figures.
Maybe so we don't give the impression that we think of everyone as pure Good and Evil terms maybe we should rank people.
maybe 1 to 10 scale. 10 being the best.
If we broke it down to various aspect of their work and lives they'd get various number but as far as overall ranking goes.
I'd give Rudy Guiliani a 3
I'd give Trump a 4.1
Hitler and stalin ZEROs
Ron Paul a 9
Hillary a 2
Bill Clinton a 2 barley