PDA

View Full Version : Emperor Orange Already Backpedaling His Huffy

OCA
11-12-2016, 11:29 AM
https://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/here-are-4-policies-that-trump-is-already-back-peddling-on/

revelarts
11-12-2016, 11:47 AM
...Thursday, Newt Gingrich—who’s reportedly being considered for Trump’s Secretary of State—admitted the president-elect’s promise to get Mexico to pay for it may have been a “campaign device.”
“He may not spend much time trying to get Mexico to pay for it,” Gingrich said. “But it was a great campaign device.”...

“campaign device.”
ROTHFLOL!!!

:saluting2::laugh::laugh:

Kathianne
11-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Wow, he has to deal with reality, how shocking.

The only 1 of the 4 that may upset his supporters is the ACA, even then? Maybe not.

Coal is too expensive in relation to oil and natural gas.

No one believed the wall would go up fast, that Mexico would pay for it, or that there would be immediate deportations.

I would be happy if they remove the mandate from ACA.

Perhaps some of the folks in coal country should be considering alternative locations or some alternative ways to make a living in that area.

Personally I'm for enforcing the immigration and border laws we have, removing illegals arrested for any criminal activities, and reforming our immigration laws.

I did not want Trump or Hillary elected, I do want the US to be successful.

NightTrain
11-12-2016, 11:58 AM
He was elected 3 days ago. He won't take office for over another 2 months.

Let's give the man a chance before taking the media's bait, shall we? Newt said that, Trump didn't.

I think we know how the reporters were accurate in all things Trump leading up to a massive stunning upset on Tuesday.

jimnyc
11-12-2016, 12:02 PM
He's keeping 2 pieces of Obamacare, that's hardly keeping it and backpedaling. But I'm sure some are now looking for anything to jump on him about. Just like the wall, the actual talk is of using a fence in some areas as opposed to a wall, and a wall in the rest.

Great days, great days!!

jimnyc
11-12-2016, 12:04 PM
He was elected 3 days ago. He won't take office for over another 2 months.

Let's give the man a chance before taking the media's bait, shall we? Newt said that, Trump didn't.

I think we know how the reporters were accurate in all things Trump leading up to a massive stunning upset on Tuesday.

You mean, we can't nitpick and trash him for a bad job yet? :lol:

gabosaurus
11-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Wow, he has to deal with reality, how shocking.

I did not want Trump or Hillary elected, I do want the US to be successful.

I think it is all part of having to deal with the reality of actually being POTUS. A lot of your campaign rhetoric goes out the window.
One huge example: Trump's promises to build a multi-billion dollar border wall and cut government spending do not go together. So the wall is a non-starter. He likely will back down on mass deportations for the same reason.
Coal isn't coming back, either. Natural gas is a lot cheaper and easier to obtain. And it is more plentiful.
Backpedaling is a necessary part of getting elected to any office.

Kathianne
11-12-2016, 12:18 PM
I find it weird that someone would use an opening and closing for quotes, then use the middle of that quoted post as their own. In school that would be called plagiarism.

jimnyc
11-12-2016, 12:20 PM
I find it weird that someone would use an opening and closing for quotes, then use the middle of that quoted post as their own. In school that would be called plagiarism.

I hope I didn't accidentally do so?

Kathianne
11-12-2016, 12:25 PM
I hope I didn't accidentally do so?
No, you didn't.

NightTrain
11-12-2016, 12:48 PM
No, you didn't.

Well, mine were all original. Coming live to you from Wasilla, AK!

revelarts
11-12-2016, 01:02 PM

Kath, uh, maybe just say who it was.
constructive criticism doesn't hurt.
Heck if it was me, we all know i need help in the grammar dept. And a couple tips a month might get me up the 8th grade level in a year or 2.

Kathianne
11-12-2016, 01:06 PM
Kath, uh, maybe just say who it was.
constructive criticism doesn't hurt.
Heck if it was me, we all know i need help in the grammar dept. And a couple tips a month might get me up the 8th grade level in a year or 2.

Not you either.

I'm letting this go, the person that did it knows they did. Just didn't want them to think it went unnoticed and it's not the first time either.

jimnyc
11-12-2016, 01:30 PM
No, Donald Trump Did Not Abandon Promise to Repeal Obamacare

The mainstream media are reporting that President-elect Donald Trump is giving up on his promise to repeal and replace Obamacare, because he said he would be willing to preserve coverage for pre-existing conditions and allowing children to stay on their parents’ health insurance until age 26.

“I like those very much,” Trump told the Wall Street Journal in an interview, following his meeting Thursday with President Barack Obama.

He’s not alone: those are some of the only parts of the law that are popular, and many Republicans have long since promised to preserve coverage for those with pre-existing conditions even after Obamacare is repealed.

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-WI), for example, proposed a replacement for Obamacare in April that would cover people with pre-existing conditions by moving them into state high-risk pools.

In 2013, Rep. Tom Price (R-GA) proposed to repeal and replace Obamacare, introducing the “Empowering Patients First Act,” which provided for those with pre-existing conditions. “[T]o make sure no one is priced out of the health insurance market because of a pre-existing illness or injury, the Empowering Patients First Act provides for the creation of robust pooling plans that would ensure that any one person’s health status does not increase his or her costs or the costs of others in the same pool,” he wrote at the time.

Coverage for pre-existing conditions, and coverage for young people, are relatively minor parts of the overall architecture of Obamacare. Conservatives have long been willing to accept such provisions as compromises, the better to shore up political support for dismantling the system as a whole.

Trump merely stated the obvious.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/11/obmacare-obama-no-donald-trump-not-abandon-promise-repeal-obamacare/

Abbey Marie
11-12-2016, 01:33 PM
It's all good. Let people believe he won't do these things, and maybe they will get off the streets and go, oh, I don't know, maybe work for a living?

OCA
11-12-2016, 02:57 PM
It's all good. Let people believe he won't do these things, and maybe they will get off the streets and go, oh, I don't know, maybe work for a living?

Are you suggesting i don't work?

NightTrain
11-12-2016, 03:01 PM
...maybe they will get off the streets and go, oh, I don't know, maybe work for a living?

:laugh2:

Somehow I don't think that's in the cards, you comedian!

Abbey Marie
11-12-2016, 03:16 PM
Are you suggesting i don't work?

Are you protesting in the streets?

revelarts
11-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Concerning what Trump will and will not do. Sure, We'll all have to wait and see.

BUT for some reason I suspect a lot of Trump supporters will be just as disappointed with Trump as many Obamabots were with Obama. BUT just as some Obama fans will make excuses for WHY he didn't follow through on his promises. Many Trump fans will make excuses, and/or not even acknowledged where he failed to follow through and/or blame his failures the democrats.

OCA
11-12-2016, 03:27 PM
No, Donald Trump Did Not Abandon Promise to Repeal Obamacare

The mainstream media are reporting that President-elect Donald Trump is giving up on his promise to repeal and replace Obamacare, because he said he would be willing to preserve coverage for pre-existing conditions and allowing children to stay on their parents’ health insurance until age 26.

“I like those very much,” Trump told the Wall Street Journal in an interview, following his meeting Thursday with President Barack Obama.

He’s not alone: those are some of the only parts of the law that are popular, and many Republicans have long since promised to preserve coverage for those with pre-existing conditions even after Obamacare is repealed.

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-WI), for example, proposed a replacement for Obamacare in April that would cover people with pre-existing conditions by moving them into state high-risk pools.

In 2013, Rep. Tom Price (R-GA) proposed to repeal and replace Obamacare, introducing the “Empowering Patients First Act,” which provided for those with pre-existing conditions. “[T]o make sure no one is priced out of the health insurance market because of a pre-existing illness or injury, the Empowering Patients First Act provides for the creation of robust pooling plans that would ensure that any one person’s health status does not increase his or her costs or the costs of others in the same pool,” he wrote at the time.

Coverage for pre-existing conditions, and coverage for young people, are relatively minor parts of the overall architecture of Obamacare. Conservatives have long been willing to accept such provisions as compromises, the better to shore up political support for dismantling the system as a whole.

Trump merely stated the obvious.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/11/obmacare-obama-no-donald-trump-not-abandon-promise-repeal-obamacare/

Maybe Newt should be muzzled then?

Kathianne
11-12-2016, 03:30 PM
Concerning what Trump will and will not do. Sure, We'll all have to wait and see.

BUT for some reason I suspect a lot of Trump supporters will be just as disappointed with Trump as many Obamabots were with Obama. BUT just as some Obama fans will make excuses for WHY he didn't follow through on his promises. Many Trump fans will make excuses, and/or not even acknowledged where he failed to follow through and/or blame his failures the democrats.

Likely true. I loved GW and still do. Maybe I just like the person?

OCA
11-12-2016, 03:35 PM

Are you suggesting all protesters are jobless?

NightTrain
11-12-2016, 04:26 PM

Some sit around on the interwebs citing obscure facebook pages & muzzie blogs to protest.

Bilgerat
11-12-2016, 05:56 PM

Oh no,they have a job

Soros provides!

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15037293_1216037681775970_3780709941907756577_n.pn g?oh=686c1ce21306324e7814d1e78c2e3747&oe=58D53422

OCA
11-12-2016, 06:22 PM
Oh no,they have a job

Soros provides!

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15037293_1216037681775970_3780709941907756577_n.pn g?oh=686c1ce21306324e7814d1e78c2e3747&oe=58D53422

Good good i'm actually hoping that someone or something stops him before jan 20 wink wink.

"ye reap what ye sow"

NightTrain
11-12-2016, 06:27 PM
Oh no,they have a job

Soros provides!

Damn, you beat me to it!

Just started a thread about that.

aboutime
11-12-2016, 06:46 PM
Good good i'm actually hoping that someone or something stops him before jan 20 wink wink.

"ye reap what ye sow"

Good for you OCA. While you are hoping for that. Remember. Many of us here have just about the same HOPES about you. But we know already. It's better to keep ignorant idiots like you around longer...for constant entertainment, and as a reminder to all of us. SHIT DOES STINK, even if we can't smell you on our PC's.

Black Diamond
11-12-2016, 09:02 PM

"ye reap what ye sow"

Trump is more open to your lifestyle than Pence.

Abbey Marie
11-12-2016, 09:05 PM

You didn't answer my question.

OCA
11-12-2016, 10:00 PM
You didn't answer my question.

Answer mine first

OCA
11-12-2016, 10:08 PM
Trump is more open to your lifestyle than Pence.

He digs laika bouzoukia, drinking crown royal and milfs?

gabosaurus
11-12-2016, 10:13 PM
I could care less about protesters, where they come from or whether they get paid or not.
There was a story out of Austin stating that Dems were busing in protesters to fill the streets. Turns out the buses in question were for a church group visiting the city.
There are supposedly "anti-Trump" protesters here in Orange County. Police said they recognized several of them from other protests against various causes. I guess some people have nothing to do but use any excuse to cause trouble.

NightTrain
11-12-2016, 11:21 PM
There are supposedly "anti-Trump" protesters here in Orange County. Police said they recognized several of them from other protests against various causes. I guess some people have nothing to do but use any excuse to cause trouble.

Right there in Orange County? Where you are right now?

Black Diamond
11-12-2016, 11:22 PM
Right there in Orange County? Where you are right now?

Pasadena....

Pasadena, Texas. Lol

gabosaurus
11-13-2016, 12:41 AM
Anywhere I am now is better than Bumfuck, Alaska. :lame2:

NightTrain
11-13-2016, 03:04 AM
Anywhere I am now is better than Bumfuck, Alaska. :lame2:

:laugh2:

I love it here.

And I don't lie about where I live, you lunatic.