PDA

View Full Version : Trump Accomplishments

NightTrain
11-12-2016, 05:18 PM
Things appear to be fixing themselves without any effort... that doesn't happen very often.

• TPP has been abandoned by European leaders who see the writing on the wall. (!)

• Both Canada and Mexico have suddenly acquired a keen interest to renegotiate / revisit NAFTA.

• What's left of the Democrat Party is eating itself, not the least of which is a member of Reid's own caucus that called him “an absolute embarrassment to the Senate as an institution, our Democratic party, and the nation." I expect more of this kind of cannibalism as the grim reality sets in through the fog of pain for our beloved moonbats.

• Obama inadvertently provided Trump with a helpful list of 1.4 million illegals in the country, complete with their residence address. Naturally, the local rental market should experience a significant uptick in motivated renters eager remove the bullseye they painted on themselves.

• Putin immediately proposed a rekindling of US/Russian relations. "“We understand the way to that will be difficult, taking into account the current state of degradation of relations between the US and Russia…. Russia is ready and wants to restore the fully fledged relations with the US.”

• French leaders are as appalled as our American moonbats, and opposing political sentiment is surging.

• China suddenly wanted to start playing nice : Chinese President Xi Jinping phoned Trump to congratulate him on winning the U.S. presidency, state TV reported Wednesday. “I place great importance on the China-U.S. relationship, and look forward to working with you to uphold the principles of non-conflict, non-confrontation, mutual respect and win-win cooperation,” Jinping said.

• Merkel is left in Germany as the lone influential pro-immigration leader. Her backhanded congrats to Trump indicate she still doesn't get it yet, but she soon will when election time rolls around. I don't think it should surprise anyone that she was raised in East Germany as a communist.

• Duterte, the colorful Philippine President who called Obama a "Son of a Whore", said he's all about the notion of 'mutual respect'. :laugh:

• Wall Street is breaking records. That's good news, and amusing to watch certain moonbats run around like their hair is on fire when it hiccups like it always does with a big election.

All in all, I think this is a great start for a new era just 3 days after being elected - and 70 days before taking office. Just the knowledge of a strong leader about to take the helm is correcting the consequences of the inept community organizer woefully out of his league.

Not a bad start!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Things appear to be fixing themselves without any effort... that doesn't happen very often.

• TPP has been abandoned by European leaders who see the writing on the wall. (!)

• Both Canada and Mexico have suddenly acquired a keen interest to renegotiate / revisit NAFTA.

• What's left of the Democrat Party is eating itself, not the least of which is a member of Reid's own caucus that called him “an absolute embarrassment to the Senate as an institution, our Democratic party, and the nation." I expect more of this kind of cannibalism as the grim reality sets in through the fog of pain for our beloved moonbats.

• Obama inadvertently provided Trump with a helpful list of 1.4 million illegals in the country, complete with their residence address. Naturally, the local rental market should experience a significant uptick in motivated renters eager remove the bullseye they painted on themselves.

• Putin immediately proposed a rekindling of US/Russian relations. "“We understand the way to that will be difficult, taking into account the current state of degradation of relations between the US and Russia…. Russia is ready and wants to restore the fully fledged relations with the US.”

• French leaders are as appalled as our American moonbats, and opposing political sentiment is surging.

• China suddenly wanted to start playing nice : Chinese President Xi Jinping phoned Trump to congratulate him on winning the U.S. presidency, state TV reported Wednesday. “I place great importance on the China-U.S. relationship, and look forward to working with you to uphold the principles of non-conflict, non-confrontation, mutual respect and win-win cooperation,” Jinping said.

• Merkel is left in Germany as the lone influential pro-immigration leader. Her backhanded congrats to Trump indicate she still doesn't get it yet, but she soon will when election time rolls around. I don't think it should surprise anyone that she was raised in East Germany as a communist.

• Duterte, the colorful Philippine President who called Obama a "Son of a Whore", said he's all about the notion of 'mutual respect'. :laugh:

• Wall Street is breaking records. That's good news, and amusing to watch certain moonbats run around like their hair is on fire when it hiccups like it always does with a big election.

All in all, I think this is a great start for a new era just 3 days after being elected - and 70 days before taking office. Just the knowledge of a strong leader about to take the helm is correcting the consequences of the inept community organizer woefully out of his league.

Not a bad start!

Not event a week gone by and Trump not even sworn in and we see this about face. Where is that world destroying predicted by the Trump haters????
Seems they were wrong about that as well.
A clear sign of the disaster and deliberate destruction that was deliberately wrought by the obama.
Now that his worthless carcass is soon to vacant and no longer infest the Whitehouse we see sudden respect and pleas to co-operate with USA return..
I guess that ffing messiah, couldn't stop the oceans rise , walk on water and bring paradise to the universe after all..Tyr

NightTrain
11-30-2016, 07:29 AM
• Carrier announces that they will keep 1,000 employees in Indianapolis instead of shuttering the plant and shipping all 1400 current jobs to a new plant in Mexico.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/30/carrier-says-it-has-deal-with-trump-to-keep-jobs-in-indiana.html

Something I didn't know is that Carrier's parent corporation, United Technologies, also owns Pratt & Whitney... you know, the guys that make jet engines for many of our military aircraft including the F-14, F-15, F-16, F-35 and the F-22 Raptor. That's quite a bit of leverage with regard to military contracts, since the Big 3 in that industry are Pratt & Whitney, Rolls Royce and General Electric.

Trump kept saying all the way through the campaign that leveraging all the companies shipping American jobs out of the country would be corrected relatively easily & quickly... this is a nice 1,000 job headstart before he's even seated.

Kathianne
11-30-2016, 07:34 AM
• Carrier announces that they will keep 1,000 employees in Indianapolis instead of shuttering the plant and shipping all 1400 current jobs to a new plant in Mexico.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/30/carrier-says-it-has-deal-with-trump-to-keep-jobs-in-indiana.html

Something I didn't know is that Carrier's parent corporation, United Technologies, also owns Pratt & Whitney... you know, the guys that make jet engines for many of our military aircraft including the F-14, F-15, F-16, F-35 and the F-22 Raptor. That's quite a bit of leverage with regard to military contracts, since the Big 3 in that industry are Pratt & Whitney, Rolls Royce and General Electric.

Trump kept saying all the way through the campaign that leveraging all the companies shipping American jobs out of the country would be corrected relatively easily & quickly... this is a nice 1,000 job headstart before he's even seated.

I agree that it's great news for the workers and IN in general. My concern though is subsidies, which has been used whenever pressure to keep jobs here has been at issue. It's one way to make up some of the difference between pay in our country and less expensive ones. The problem though always comes back. It also is a temporary 'get around' regarding establishing what is 'fair' and what to do about it.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/29/news/economy/trump-carrier-deal/

Abbey Marie
11-30-2016, 07:48 AM

Art of of the Deal...

NightTrain
11-30-2016, 07:59 AM
I agree that it's great news for the workers and IN in general. My concern though is subsidies, which has been used whenever pressure to keep jobs here has been at issue. It's one way to make up some of the difference between pay in our country and less expensive ones. The problem though always comes back. It also is a temporary 'get around' regarding establishing what is 'fair' and what to do about it.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/29/news/economy/trump-carrier-deal/

I didn't even bother checking CNN, to be honest, Kathi! They've left a bad taste in my mouth as of late.

The Union spokesman there hit it right on the head with regard to DoD contracts - they're worth $5.6 billion to UT.

Sounds like United Technologies sees the writing on the wall and is attempting to return to the table to take advantage of Indiana's offer of subsidies - Indiana would be smart to declare that those previous offers are off the table after those talks failed and the decision was made to move to Mexico.

It's very important for Trump to make this work without subsidies - this will set the stage for negotiations with hundreds of other companies doing or trying to do the same thing.

Naturally, the new corporate tax plan will be a large part of this overall effort and that's still to be implemented. Still, very promising to see some big players beginning to pivot back to Made in USA this early on.

I read an article that Apple is researching logistics of manufacturing iPhones here in the USA due to Trump's victory, and I'm sure they're not alone.

Kathianne
11-30-2016, 08:09 AM
I didn't even bother checking CNN, to be honest, Kathi! They've left a bad taste in my mouth as of late.

The Union spokesman there hit it right on the head with regard to DoD contracts - they're worth $5.6 billion to UT.

Sounds like United Technologies sees the writing on the wall and is attempting to return to the table to take advantage of Indiana's offer of subsidies - Indiana would be smart to declare that those previous offers are off the table after those talks failed and the decision was made to move to Mexico.

It's very important for Trump to make this work without subsidies - this will set the stage for negotiations with hundreds of other companies doing or trying to do the same thing.

Naturally, the new corporate tax plan will be a large part of this overall effort and that's still to be implemented. Still, very promising to see some big players beginning to pivot back to Made in USA this early on.

I read an article that Apple is researching logistics of manufacturing iPhones here in the USA due to Trump's victory, and I'm sure they're not alone.

I'm all for keeping or returning jobs to the US, without any reservations. The problem with subsidies or government insinuating its leverage on other parts of a whole, is that in the long run subsidies are not sustainable. Using UT contracts to keep 1000 jobs in IN is fine, as long as in the long run it doesn't cost more jobs over time. THAT is part of the swamp in DC, whether it's the insinuation into state government, executive usurpation of legislative duties, or government into business.

For the time being, 1000 folks in IN are going to have a merrier Christmas and I'm happy for them.

CSM
11-30-2016, 08:14 AM
I'm all for keeping or returning jobs to the US, without any reservations. The problem with subsidies or government insinuating its leverage on other parts of a whole, is that in the long run subsidies are not sustainable. Using UT contracts to keep 1000 jobs in IN is fine, as long as in the long run it doesn't cost more jobs over time. THAT is part of the swamp in DC, whether it's the insinuation into state government, executive usurpation of legislative duties, or government into business.

For the time being, 1000 folks in IN are going to have a merrier Christmas and I'm happy for them.

I think it has more to do with the Government contracts. UT has many of them and you can bet they are bigger income than air conditioners made by a subsidiary. Without knowing what was said or promised, I can bet that lack of cooperation by UT would have some significant impact on the awarding of future contracts....

Kathianne
11-30-2016, 08:20 AM
I think it has more to do with the Government contracts. UT has many of them and you can bet they are bigger income than air conditioners made by a subsidiary. Without knowing what was said or promised, I can bet that lack of cooperation by UT would have some significant impact on the awarding of future contracts....

That would be my guess too. The flip side though, is by doing what is wanted, down the road is there only a wink and nod or not even, when looking at 'low bids.' As Trump has shown, there is a lot to the 'Art of the Deal.' Government doesn't have the incentives to do what's best in the long run, rather for the moment. Paying the piper is down the line, hopefully under another administration.

CSM
11-30-2016, 08:25 AM
That would be my guess too. The flip side though, is by doing what is wanted, down the road is there only a wink and nod or not even, when looking at 'low bids.' As Trump has shown, there is a lot to the 'Art of the Deal.' Government doesn't have the incentives to do what's best in the long run, rather for the moment. Paying the piper is down the line, hopefully under another administration.

I happen to be involved in the selection and awarding of government contracts at times. It is not just about low bids (despite the jokes) and there are many factors involved. Truthfully, I have never seen Presidential involvement. Congress is another matter entirely!

NightTrain
11-30-2016, 08:39 AM

Agree about subsidies. I don't like them, either.

I don't see them being used; Trump is smarter than that. The motivator here is the threat of import tariff and the leverage of Gov't contracts. Trump's goal is to make it economically beneficial for American companies to stay here in America - and if there's resistance to do things the right way, then there will be consequences.

It seems that over the last couple of decades our leadership has forgotten that when it comes to trade, we hold all the right cards. I really like this new direction.

jimnyc
12-01-2016, 02:43 PM
Just adding this in here

-----

Trump already winning — and he’s not even president yet

Donald Trump has come a long way from the “disarray” and “chaos” the media claimed to spy before his transition even got started. Such a long way that it’s fair to say that Trump is having just about the best 24 hours a president-elect could have.

Two A-plus moves — the deal with Carrier to keep 1,000 jobs in Indiana instead of moving them to Mexico, and getting crime-busting US Attorney Preet Bharara to stay on — keep faith with the populist themes of Trump’s campaign.

He pledged to stand up for workers and stop manufacturing jobs from leaving America. And he pledged to drain the government swamp, which is Bharara’s specialty.

For Trump to deliver two huge down payments in one day is remarkable. Imagine what he can do when he is actually president.

The cynics and NeverTrumpers — remember them? — will be out in force today when Trump takes a highly unusual trip to Indianapolis for the Carrier ceremony.

Rest here - http://nypost.com/2016/11/30/trump-already-winning-and-hes-not-even-president-yet/

NightTrain
12-02-2016, 09:56 AM
Challenge Accepted. :smoke:

In June, President Obama participated in a PBS townhall and was asked about Trump's promise to keep Carrier's Indiana plant in the U.S. The townhall participant -- Eric Cottonham, a member of the Steelworkers Union employed by Carrier -- asked Obama if anything could be done to stem the tide of jobs flowing out of the country, as Trump had recently promised to do.

"I see here you’re doing a lot of things, but in Indianapolis, there’s nothing there for us," he asked. "I mean, what’s next? I mean, what can we look forward to in the future as far as jobs, employment, whatever? Because all of our jobs has left or in the process of leaving, sir.”

Those jobs of the past are just not going to come back, Obama told Cottonham.

Instead, Obama advised workers losing their jobs to learn how to adapt their skills to "some of these new technologies," in particular, the "clean energy sector."

"Let's focus on those," he suggested. "The days when you just being able to — you just being willing to work hard and you can now walk into a plant and suddenly there’s going to be a job for you for 30 years or 40 years, that’s just not going to be there for our kids because more and more, that stuff’s going to be automated."

Obama also singled out Trump for derision, saying:

When somebody says, like the person you just mentioned who I’m not going to advertise for, that he’s going to bring all these jobs back, well how exactly are you going to do that? What are you going to do? There’s — there’s no answer to it. He just says, “Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.” Well, how — what — how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually, the answer is he doesn’t have an answer.

On Wednesday, the White House downplayed Carrier's decision to remain in the U.S. And today the White House doubled down, claiming Trump would need to make a similar announcement every week for eight years to match Obama's record.

https://news.grabien.com/story-flashback-obama-mocks-trump-promising-keep-carrier-plant-us

Not even President yet and Trump made a phone call and got things moving the right way. That's how a real leader responds.

aboutime
12-02-2016, 03:06 PM
I can't help but remember how OBAMA declared "YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT! to Americans. Obama hates America, and Americans...especially TODAY, when so many of us have HUGE, HUGE SMILES on our faces...looking forward to the U-HAUL, leaving the WHITE HOUSE, bound for a LEGACY of more LIES.

gabosaurus
12-02-2016, 11:50 PM
The one promise that Trump made during his campaign that I agreed with was to drastically increase tariffs on companies that take factories (and jobs) out of the U.S. and then bring the finished produced back to the domestic market.
Now I read that Trump is ready to back down on that.
What other promises will he go back on?

NightTrain
12-03-2016, 01:46 AM
The one promise that Trump made during his campaign that I agreed with was to drastically increase tariffs on companies that take factories (and jobs) out of the U.S. and then bring the finished produced back to the domestic market.

Which moonbat site did you dredge that idea up from?

KarlMarx
12-03-2016, 06:19 AM

Not a bad start!

I remember the first day of Ronald Reagan's presidency. The Iranians released the American hostages they had been holding for over a year... just like that. I guess the Iranians thought RR was a force to be reckoned with (and they were right)

Our enemies respect only one thing, force. When we play nice and try to make them like us, we will always fail. The best diplomacy is sometimes a carrier group parked outside your enemy's borders.

It's unfortunate but it's a fact of life... no one attacks a strong man.

Here's hoping that DT makes our enemies' lives a living hell

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-03-2016, 10:02 AM
Challenge Accepted. :smoke:

In June, President Obama participated in a PBS townhall and was asked about Trump's promise to keep Carrier's Indiana plant in the U.S. The townhall participant -- Eric Cottonham, a member of the Steelworkers Union employed by Carrier -- asked Obama if anything could be done to stem the tide of jobs flowing out of the country, as Trump had recently promised to do.

"I see here you’re doing a lot of things, but in Indianapolis, there’s nothing there for us," he asked. "I mean, what’s next? I mean, what can we look forward to in the future as far as jobs, employment, whatever? Because all of our jobs has left or in the process of leaving, sir.”

Obama told Cottonham.

Instead, Obama advised workers losing their jobs to learn how to adapt their skills to "some of these new technologies," in particular, the "clean energy sector."

"Let's focus on those," he suggested. "The days when you just being able to — you just being willing to work hard and you can now walk into a plant and suddenly there’s going to be a job for you for 30 years or 40 years, that’s just not going to be there for our kids because more and more, that stuff’s going to be automated."

Obama also singled out Trump for derision, saying:

On Wednesday, the White House downplayed Carrier's decision to remain in the U.S. And today the White House doubled down, claiming Trump would need to make a similar announcement every week for eight years to match Obama's record.

https://news.grabien.com/story-flashback-obama-mocks-trump-promising-keep-carrier-plant-us

Not even President yet and Trump made a phone call and got things moving the right way. That's how a real leader responds.

They see Trump as Thor with that mighty hammer!!!!
If Trump keeps that hammer busy as hell he just might destroy most of obama's corruption and nation-destroying liberal agenda-but highly unlikely even in 8 years(if gets a 2nd term) that he can destroy it all.
I hope he can and if so-it would be a miracle.-Tyr

aboutime
12-04-2016, 04:35 PM

NO GABBY. Once again. That statement above was intentionally taken out of context by YOU, to help your stupidity become the champion of ignorance again. Like every other wayward, lost, incompetent liberal who is still whining about your LOSS. You really should choose to be at least...a bit honest, when you attempt to repeat DNC talking points that are designed to make you and Liberals feel powerful...Like Nancy Pelosi who told all of us "We need to vote on it before we know what's in it!"
By the way. HOW IS YOUR ADOPTED SISTER, or is it YOUR MOTHER...NANCY?

gabosaurus
12-04-2016, 09:07 PM
I remember the first day of Ronald Reagan's presidency. The Iranians released the American hostages they had been holding for over a year... just like that. I guess the Iranians thought RR was a force to be reckoned with (and they were right)

You left out the fact that Reagan negotiated that deal months before the election. And rewarded the Iranians with a large supply of weapons.
So much for not negotiating with terrorists.

aboutime
12-04-2016, 09:16 PM
gabby. You aren't smart enough to recognize the PRIMARY accomplishment of Trump, as being something you and other liberals simply can't STOP doing.

Which is endlessly dreaming, whining, crying, and bringing more attention to TRUMP.

The more you bring him up. That (in his sly way) is like FREE ADVERTISING.

If you and others are so UPSET, OFFENDED, INSULTED, and THINKING ABOUT SUICIDE. It just might be the perfect time for all of you to SHUT THE HELL UP.

YOU LOST. TRUMP WON. NOT HILLARY, NO DEMOCRAT IN THE WHITE HOUSE. BOOHOO

NightTrain
12-04-2016, 11:48 PM
You left out the fact that Reagan negotiated that deal months before the election. And rewarded the Iranians with a large supply of weapons.

Completely full of shit, as usual.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

aboutime
12-05-2016, 06:49 PM

Thank you once again gabby. You never fail to prove to the rest of us how simply ignorant, and full of dishonesty, with endless hatred you are so proudly displaying here.

Are you sure you aren't related to your wannabe, sister LOOK-ALIKE? http://icansayit.com/images/schultz-moronr.jpg