PDA

View Full Version : Safety pins

Abbey Marie
11-13-2016, 03:26 PM
It's a pain to share articles on my iPad, but have y'all seen this safety pin thing going on? People are wearing one and changing their avis to one to broadcast that they are "safe" to talk to. By minorities, LGBQs, women (lol) etc.

What's next- a pacifier?

Hard eye roll here.

Noir
11-13-2016, 03:29 PM
As with anything of this nature - it will be co-opted by people who mean to do harm to the minorities it was originally conceived to support.

Elessar
11-13-2016, 04:08 PM
It's a pain to share articles on my iPad, but have y'all seen this safety pin thing going on? People are wearing one and changing their avis to one to broadcast that they are "safe" to talk to. By minorities, LGBQs, women (lol) etc.

What's next- a pacifier?

Hard eye roll here.

I think 'binkies' are perfect. They could be handed out free at the local protest!:laugh:

pete311
11-13-2016, 04:46 PM
My Chinese descent brother in law has already been a victim of bigoted comments in public twice since the election.

NightTrain
11-13-2016, 04:50 PM
My Chinese descent brother in law has already been a victim of bigoted comments in public twice since the election.

Is he here legally and was he burning a car?

Circumstances matter, you know.

pete311
11-13-2016, 06:04 PM
Is he here legally and was he burning a car?

Circumstances matter, you know.

yes he was born here and no. first question makes no difference unless you go around asking everyone not white as bread if they are legal

NightTrain
11-13-2016, 06:13 PM
yes he was born here and no. first question makes no difference unless you go around asking everyone not white as bread if they are legal

No, Petey. I think all white illegals need to ride the Catapults as well.

I'm an equal-opportunity deporter supporter.

aboutime
11-13-2016, 07:19 PM
The want to wear safety pins? Let's give them the can really cry about.

Let the present IRS (under the command of Obama), follow through with their terrible ways, and simply AUDIT everyone of the Diaper wearing, Safety pin loving idiots. Let them cry....http://icansayit.com/images/crybabys.jpg

Let them learn the meaning of actually being a "Bully"...http://icansayit.com/images/bully1.jpg

Kathianne
11-13-2016, 07:21 PM
Yeah, that can serve to remind us of just how knowing and intrusive the IRS in particular and government in general truly are.

Bilgerat
11-13-2016, 07:38 PM
Safety Pins means you can feel "safe" around him

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d0/67/0c/d0670cc9c29e1754efc5d2f2733e4327.jpg

Abbey Marie
11-13-2016, 07:56 PM
Here it is:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/333bd874dd35f30d022c980740bea6dc/tumblr_ogkk0x7ErS1qzedd1o1_500.jpg

Black Diamond
11-13-2016, 08:01 PM
Safety pins and safe spaces? Is there a connection here somewhere??

Hmm

gabosaurus
11-13-2016, 08:04 PM
Where the hell did the safety pin thing come from? Last time safety pins were used as body jewelry was during the English punk era of the late 70's.
My daughter says this is even grosser and more disgusting than tattoos. :cool:

Abbey Marie
11-13-2016, 08:08 PM
Where the hell did the safety pin thing come from? Last time safety pins were used as body jewelry was during the English punk era of the late 70's.
My daughter says this is even grosser and more disgusting than tattoos. :cool:

Brexit

Black Diamond
11-13-2016, 08:09 PM
Brexit

What of calexit?

Bilgerat
11-13-2016, 08:11 PM
What of calexit?

If California leaves, the place will be taken over by Mexico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ

aboutime
11-13-2016, 08:13 PM
If the law of SUPPLY, and DEMAND work well. Let's increase the Demand for Safety pins, and RAISE THE PRICES, to be equal with DOPE. Since those who buy them deserve each other as DOPES anyhow.

Truth is. This is nothing but more of the extended POLITICAL CORRECTNESS nonsense the BRAINLESS, DEPENDENTS OF GOVERNMENT Need to survive.

gabosaurus
11-13-2016, 08:13 PM
What do safety pins have to do with Brexit?

Abbey Marie
11-13-2016, 08:17 PM
Sorry for the short reply- my space bar was stuck. Explanation below.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/11/11/safety-pins-brexit-donald-trump-election/93639074/

gabosaurus
11-13-2016, 08:26 PM
So you are supposed to show support for various causes by sticking safety pins through your skin? :confused:

Um... I think I will stick to smiling at everyone. Guess I am getting too old to follow new trends.

Bilgerat
11-13-2016, 08:29 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15032735_10154765254387372_2865849129502437603_n.j pg?oh=4be43a608d76d7f4076ee13bf2dbe7e1&oe=588B966C

Abbey Marie
11-13-2016, 08:45 PM
So you are supposed to show support for various causes by sticking safety pins through your skin? :confused:

Um... I think I will stick to smiling at everyone. Guess I am getting too old to follow new trends.

I'm pretty sure they are just pinning them to their clothes.

jimnyc
11-13-2016, 09:36 PM

I've been called absolutely filthy crap in the past year, just for supporting Trump. No liberals spoke out in this year trying to defend me in any manner. Oh, wait, it WAS those liberals doing to filthy name calling!

No sympathy, even if it's something I would never do.

gabosaurus
11-13-2016, 10:13 PM
I've been called absolutely filthy crap in the past year, just for supporting Trump. No liberals spoke out in this year trying to defend me in any manner. Oh, wait, it WAS those liberals doing to filthy name calling!

No sympathy, even if it's something I would never do.

So you are saying that you made NO degrading or derisive comments about those of us who supported Hillary Clinton? None at all?
Please find a post where I called you absolutely filthy crap. I made many such comments about Trump, but I don't think believe I attacked Trump supporters on this board. Unless it was in jest.

jimnyc
11-13-2016, 10:24 PM
So you are saying that you made NO degrading or derisive comments about those of us who supported Hillary Clinton? None at all?
Please find a post where I called you absolutely filthy crap. I made many such comments about Trump, but I don't think believe I attacked Trump supporters on this board. Unless it was in jest.

I did not state I was an angel. I did not accuse you - but you did make nasty comments about Trump supporters, over and over. I ignored most after awhile because you are repetitive, so not 100% sure how much more of an idiot you were. I don't even mind the retarded nasty shit like accusing folks of being racists, which is retarded, and sexist which is retarded. By the way - look at how much black vote Trump got, before some blame the election on us racists. And look at the vote from women, before so many call us sexists. Anyway, while you were an ass of epic proportions, there was much nastier in other places - Facebook being the worst of all. Stupid. And Trump won.

gabosaurus
11-13-2016, 10:32 PM
I make blanket comments about Trump supporters. But I never addressed them to anyone here.
Also, it's not like I left the board after Trump won. I wasn't home on Tuesday night. Went to work on Wednesday.
I don't recall jumping on anyone after Obama won in 2008 and 2012. I didn't offer any excuses for Hillary losing. I didn't jump on the whole "She won the popular vote!" thing because that is not how the American electoral system works.
If anyone wishes to continue jumping up and down about Trump winning, I am good with that. It's all part of being a liberal on a conservative board.

jimnyc
11-13-2016, 10:35 PM
I make blanket comments about Trump supporters. But I never addressed them to anyone here.
Also, it's not like I left the board after Trump won. I wasn't home on Tuesday night. Went to work on Wednesday.
I don't recall jumping on anyone after Obama won in 2008 and 2012. I didn't offer any excuses for Hillary losing. I didn't jump on the whole "She won the popular vote!" thing because that is not how the American electoral system works.
If anyone wishes to continue jumping up and down about Trump winning, I am good with that. It's all part of being a liberal on a conservative board.

Not jumping up and down, sitting here comfortably as I laugh at you, dummy. And oh, I think you did go direct with me a few times... but since this is the best week I've had in like 8 years, I really don't care and am far too lazy to give a F right now.

Oh, Trump won!

gabosaurus
11-13-2016, 10:38 PM
Not jumping up and down, sitting here comfortably as I laugh at you, dummy. And oh, I think you did go direct with me a few times... but since this is the best week I've had in like 8 years, I really don't care and am far too lazy to give a F right now.

Oh, Trump won!

I don't recall doing so, but I could be wrong. I don't laugh at people. It's bad karma.
And if you don't really care, why are you posting all these replies? :p

jimnyc
11-13-2016, 10:42 PM
I don't recall doing so, but I could be wrong. I don't laugh at people. It's bad karma.
And if you don't really care, why are you posting all these replies? :p

I don't care enough to worry about the shit you said in the past right this moment, nor do I care enough to search for any posts. But why am I replying? I thought that was glaringly obvious. I am enjoying myself and celebrating. And YES, I am trolling you in a manner of speaking, as I did with my friend Michael and as I'm waiting to do with bullypulpit if he has the gonads to return and swallow his medication. I'm honest about it at least. And the fact is, while admittedly I may look like an ass, it's an awful lot of fun, and it may be a long time before I get to do so again! :)

gabosaurus
11-13-2016, 10:48 PM
I do agree about bullypulpit. You notice that he didn't show back up until the polls showed that Hillary was ahead. When Trump won, I knew bully was gone for good. Perhaps he went out drinking with Psychoblues. :p

jimnyc
11-13-2016, 10:52 PM
I do agree about bullypulpit. You notice that he didn't show back up until the polls showed that Hillary was ahead. When Trump won, I knew bully was gone for good. Perhaps he went out drinking with Psychoblues. :p

I waited 8 years for him to respond to a few questions from me about executive orders. He was MIA forever. Then ignored them when he sparingly came back. Then he ignored the notifications I sent him to ensure he couldn't miss them. A hack!!

I'm wrong often, and will admit when I am and take my medicine. Which is what makes it so much fun being the doctor this go round and being able to dispense it myself!

Elessar
11-13-2016, 11:01 PM
I'm pretty sure they are just pinning them to their clothes.

That is what is shown in the original release. The rest is just junk made up to
make it look even more stupid.

Elessar
11-13-2016, 11:03 PM
I made many such comments about Trump, but I don't think believe I attacked Trump supporters on this board. Unless it was in jest.

Sometimes your 'jest' is cleverly hidden.

Abbey Marie
11-14-2016, 12:24 AM

Now that's some visual.

You get props from me for facing the music here. When Obama was re-elected, I think I stayed off the board for a bit. I was just too down.