PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Flag-Maker Flooded With Orders in Wake of Trump Win

revelarts
11-14-2016, 05:46 AM
Doesn't say much about the future but it is an Interesting piece :laugh:

Chinese Flag-Maker Flooded With Orders in Wake of Trump Win

Quote:
...While China’s leaders weigh what to make of Donald Trump’s impending presidency, one manufacturer in the scenic city of Shaoxing has been enthusiastically carrying Mr. Trump’s banner.

Or, more accurately, he’s been printing, folding and shipping it.

Yao Dandan is the owner of Shaoxing Jiahao Banner and Handicrafts Co. Ltd. Since election results suggesting a Trump victory began pouring in Wednesday morning, he says, he’s fielded a barrage of orders for Trump-themed flags.

The total number ordered as of Thursday morning: more than 40,000.

“I knew there would be demand for Trump flags after the election, so I made extra. But it’s not enough, so now I have to make more,” Mr. Yao said.

The 30-year-old said that he’s been in the flag-making business for a decade and that Shaoxing’s factories specialize in making election banners. His factory has taken orders for close to half a million Trump banners in the past two months, he said Mr. Trump has taken heat for vowing tough restrictions on Chinese imports while over the years turning to China to source goods ranging from ties to steel, but there’s no evidence the next U.S. president purchased banners from Shaoxing. Mr. Yao said most of the orders he’s received came from Chinese clients living in the U.S....

Chinese Flag-Maker Flooded With Orders in Wake of Trump Win - China Real Time Report - WSJ (http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2016/11/10/chinese-flag-maker-flooded-with-orders-in-wake-of-trump-win/)