PDA

View Full Version : NightTrain, Grab Something To Calm Down

Kathianne
11-17-2016, 04:57 PM
before reading. Hatch and Graham and maybe others?:

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/11/17/orrin-hatch-heck-no-were-not-getting-rid-of-the-filibuster/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-17-2016, 06:29 PM
before reading. Hatch and Graham and maybe others?:

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/11/17/orrin-hatch-heck-no-were-not-getting-rid-of-the-filibuster/
Hatch can go to hell.
Way to go, let dems do as they please when they are in power, but return their vile and evil ways with sugar plums , kindness and kissing their asses
when Republicans get the power back..
Such are the worthless bastards in the Republican party that betray both the party and the nation!
That way, dems always get to increase their power as we never get to undo most of what they by ANY MEANS shove down our throats!
Hatch is ffing scum....--:mad:--Tyr

sundaydriver
11-17-2016, 06:40 PM
better to be prepared for the swing of that darn pendulum. I never throw away the tools I'm not using at the moment.

NightTrain
11-17-2016, 07:28 PM
Ain't Skeered, Kathi!

Momentum is a powerful thing and I don't think any Senator is willing to step in front of the train.

Besides, read the update they just added - both are willing to consider it. The threat of nuking is going to keep obstructionist democrats in check.

Gunny
11-17-2016, 07:34 PM
Ain't Skeered, Kathi!

Momentum is a powerful thing and I don't think any Senator is willing to step in front of the train.

Besides, read the update they just added - both are willing to consider it. The threat of nuking is going to keep obstructionist democrats in check.The only people the RINOs WILL stand up to is cutting the throats of their own.

NightTrain
11-17-2016, 07:41 PM
The only people the RINOs WILL stand up to is cutting the throats of their own.

That seems to be the way lately, can't argue that... but I think the RINOs understand now how dimly they're viewed. The chickenshit mentality will be viewed harshly from all quarters from here on out, methinks.

The OP article does mention something worthwhile, too : there isn't really any kind of leverage to be applied on a retiring Senator other than how he'll be viewed in retrospect.

Black Diamond
11-17-2016, 07:46 PM
Old bastard. Tough to drain the swamp, I see.

Black Diamond
11-17-2016, 07:48 PM
Who knows. Can we screw the dems every which way via reconciliation? That's how we got Obolshevik care.

Kathianne
11-17-2016, 07:53 PM
Ain't Skeered, Kathi!

Besides, read the update they just added - both are willing to consider it. The threat of nuking is going to keep obstructionist democrats in check.

The 'update' was there when I first read. They are more willing to use it on SCOTUS than on legislation, which considering the import this time, is very important.

But, if needed for legislation, they should pull it there too.

NightTrain
11-18-2016, 12:23 AM
The 'update' was there when I first read. They are more willing to use it on SCOTUS than on legislation, which considering the import this time, is very important.

But, if needed for legislation, they should pull it there too.

Yep, the cat is out of the bag, and the dems can't say a damn thing because it was their doing. All we can do now is play the game according to the new rules, and those say stack the court and run roughshod.

Locking down legislation is important, too, so I think the GOP had better play to win and ram through good bills while they can.

2 years to go before they're judged for performance... tick tock!

This is the last chance for the GOP as far as my support. If they don't get shit done, they're as bad as the liberals in my book. Don't know who I'll support in that case, I guess independent or something.

aboutime
11-20-2016, 10:27 PM
Top Senate Republicans are drawing a hard line on the Supreme Court, guaranteeing that no matter what tactics Democrats deploy, they will be forced to swallow Donald Trump’s imminent nominee to the high court.

Republicans won’t come out and say it, but there’s an implicit threat in their confidence: If Democrats play things the wrong way, they might find themselves on the wrong end of a legacy-defining change to Senate rules that scraps the chamber’s 60-vote threshold to confirm Supreme Court nominees.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/gop-supreme-court-filibuster-nuclear-option-231582