PDA

View Full Version : Democrats dis DLC convention

red states rule
07-30-2007, 04:33 AM
The Dems keeop moving further to the left and now they give a one finger salute to the center

Democrats dis DLC convention

By: David Paul Kuhn
Jul 28, 2007 09:00 AM EST

It's a Democratic prom without a king, a queen or really any of the popular kids, only the star quarterback of yesteryear. Three hundred and fifty politicians will be present, key governors to ambitious state legislators, from almost every state.

But none of the eight Democratic contenders for the White House are making time for the Democratic Leadership Council convention Sunday and Monday in Nashville, although DLC staffers sought for weeks to woo the candidates.

Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama will be homebound and resting on Sunday, instead of seeking allies at the coalition that is behind the only two-term Democratic president since Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

John Edwards, struggling in third place, is campaigning over the weekend in New Hampshire.

The candidates' brush-off is especially noticeable because five Democratic presidential hopefuls found time this week to speak at the national convention of College Democrats in Columbia, S.C.

While no campaign will say it for the record, the strategic calculus is simple: Student partisans are activists. Activists will volunteer in primary races. The candidates, therefore, dare not snub the students.

On the other hand, the adult politicians of the DLC can be blown off. Ergo: the democratization of primaries.

The founder of the DLC says the Democratic no-shows are a matter of location (Tennessee is not a swing state) and the nature of primary contests (campaign for the flank, not the center, of the party).

"During the primaries, you try to hit the early states, over and over again; you focus on interest groups," DLC founder Al From said in an interview Friday afternoon.

But he warned that the winning candidate would eventually have to adopt DLC-style thinking.

To capture the White House, From said, "you have to talk to the whole country. You win presidential elections by being bigger than your party."

Obama will speak at a middle school in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, on Monday, arguably missing an opportunity to out-centrist the centrist in the race, Hillary Clinton.

In perhaps the best excuse of the lot, Edwards will miss the convention on Monday because he will be celebrating his wedding anniversary with his wife at their home in North Carolina.

Edwards has also made the least effort of the front-runners to court centrists, campaigning as the liberal's liberal in the race.

But From said many of Edwards' ideas are less liberal than they might seem.

"Edwards has all this populist rhetoric. But his ideas could have been taken from a centrist think tank; in fact, many of them were from us," From told reporters over a breakfast of eggs and roasted tomatoes earlier this week.

He said DLC ideas had triumphed.

"You've got to look at the substance. I don't see people going back on fiscal discipline. I haven't heard one candidate want to repeal welfare reform," he said.

"People want to expand our ideas. ... I see Barack Obama running on themes that weren't even talked about in the Democratic Party until the DLC was around -- opportunity and responsibility."

The lack of a single presidential candidate at the convention is nonetheless striking.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0707/5147.html

Hugh Lincoln
07-31-2007, 09:50 PM
You kinda feel sorry for 'em. Bill Clinton was a big DLC guy, I think. They're basically Democrats who don't think the party should be 100 percent commie. Probably the unpopularity of Bush has something to do with it, too. Candidates figure, well, if Bush and the GOP are so unpopular, why should I waste time moving to the center?

gabosaurus
07-31-2007, 11:25 PM
This means ... nothing at all. RSS would link to a a group of birds shitting on a sidewalk if it pointed to making the Dems look bad.
I never agree with Pale or Nevada, but even they make better points than RSS. RSS is the Britney Spears of DP -- lots of talk, very little intelligence or purpose.

nevadamedic
08-01-2007, 12:09 AM
This means ... nothing at all. RSS would link to a a group of birds shitting on a sidewalk if it pointed to making the Dems look bad.
I never agree with Pale or Nevada, but even they make better points than RSS. RSS is the Britney Spears of DP -- lots of talk, very little intelligence or purpose.

:lame2:Do you like me kicking your ass all over this board? Why in the fuck do you bring me into threads when I haven't even posted on them.

Why do you have to talk about Pale behind his back constantly when you know he is not here, are you to much of a coward to talk that shit when he is here? You need to grow the fuck up.

red states rule
08-01-2007, 04:00 AM
You kinda feel sorry for 'em. Bill Clinton was a big DLC guy, I think. They're basically Democrats who don't think the party should be 100 percent commie. Probably the unpopularity of Bush has something to do with it, too. Candidates figure, well, if Bush and the GOP are so unpopular, why should I waste time moving to the center?

Bill was a DLC guy. Now Hillary did not even attand their gathering - but she went with the Daily Kos

A left wing lib cannot win the national election. It will be fun to watch Hillary try to move from the far left to the center for the 08 election

red states rule
08-01-2007, 04:02 AM

The fact is your party has been taken over by the far left Daily Kos nuts and you want to deny it

Libs love to talk about any splits in the Republican party, but ignore and lie about their own splits

red states rule
08-02-2007, 04:59 AM

August 01, 2007
Is Daily Kos Really A 'Hate Site'?
Rick Moran

Bill O'Reilly thinks so. So does Investors Business Daily . And Democratic leaders who spurned an invitation to speak at the moderate Democratic Leadership Council last weekend who cozy up to the likes of Kos and other denizens of the netroots should take note of just who it is they are legitimizing by their support:

Highly trafficked Daily Kos, which boasts contributors such as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, provides a forum for the looniest of the left to vent their anonymous venom and expound their wildest conspiracy theories .

Diarist "Dburn" recently suggested that Pat Tillman, the NFL star who gave up his career to fight in Afghanistan, was whacked on orders from the White House because "it was well known that he was against the war in Iraq."

The Daily Kos was created in 2002 by Chicago native Mar- kos Moulitsas Zuniga, nicknamed Kos, who claims it was a response to "those dark days when an oppressive and war-crazed administration suppressed all dissent as unpatriotic and treasonous." But as the Tillman post illustrates, the Daily Kos goes beyond being a forum for dissent.

That very well may be true. But is conspiracy mongering evidence of "hate?" And even more problematic, do diaries and comments on the massive Kos site demonstrate a general disregard for the niceties of politics and normal human discourse or is it too much to ask that Kos police his minions more carefully?

Full disclosure: I am moderator of comments on Michelle Malkin' s website. In that capacity, I keep an eye on thousands of commenters and on average, about 500 comments a day - more when the issues are controversial.

Indeed, Mrs. Malkin is a lightening rod for the left who point to some of her writings as "hate speech" - evidently because Mrs. Malkin exposes their hypocrisy with the skill of a surgeon cutting into diseased flesh. I can testify that I delete several comments a day that cross the boundary of propriety and violate the "Terms of Use" for commenting on her site.

But Kos gets 10 times that number of comments as well as dozens of "diaries" or blog posts from individuals on their own satellite pages of the website. Is it possible for him to police such a rabble?

The short answer is yes he can and well he should. Kos's income from the site is considerable and there should be no reason why he can't pay a couple of people to ride herd on the unruly contributors who make up the Kos community. The problem for the proprietor, Markos Moulitsas Zuniga, is that so much of his readership is immersed in this conspiracy culture that eliminating it would drive a significant portion of them away. He is well and truly trapped by his own success.

The right has its own problems with hateful commenters. But most blogs make an effort to weed out the haters and not allow them to pollute the site with their poison. Whether Kos can summon the will to rid his site of these purveyors of spite will depend on how much he and the other netroot bloggers really want to participate fully in Democratic party politics.

If Kos is going to thrust himself forward and announce to all that he and other lefty bloggers are the heart and soul of the Democratic party, then he should fully expect the Republicans to take advantage by using the hateful comments and writings appearing on their websites in the upcoming campaign. No doubt, the American people would be shocked to see the kind of company Hillary Clinton and the rest of the leading Democrats are keeping these days.
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2007/08/is_daily_kos_really_a_hate_sit.html

actsnoblemartin
08-03-2007, 03:33 AM
:pee: sadly this thread has turned vengeful very quickly

red states rule
08-03-2007, 04:57 AM
:pee: sadly this thread has turned vengeful very quickly

Libs are always whining about the hate coming from talk radio - while ignoring where the real hate comes from.

Their own party websites

And their Presidential candidates are going to them and speak in front of them

red states rule
08-04-2007, 10:33 AM

Thus Speaks The Tolerant Left
Ed Lasky
There will be seven Democratic Presidential candidates at a Leadership Forum today sponsored by YearlyKos. I wonder how many of them are aware of the vile, anti-Israeli, anti-Jewish invective that regularly appears on the organizer's personal website?
Powerful Political Blog Attracts Israel Hate Posts - Robert Goldberg (Washington Times) Eyal Rosenberg resigned as a diarist for the powerful political blog DailyKos on May 9 after "all the Israel Hate spewing out of one too many diaries around here."

As he wrote in his last post: "Reading these past months on dkos has led me to believe that people here, under the 'progressive' banner, support views that end up in one place: Me dead.

" Recently, a DailyKos diarist suggested "gassing Joe Lieberman like a dog."

Rosenberg notes that the anti-Semitic attacks are not "isolated." In his brief time as a diarist (several months), he counted 5,000 Israel or Jewish references in the DailyKos. That's about 23 posts on Jews or Israel a day, most negative.

This past spring, one of the site's diarists posted an image that morps the face of Israel's minister of strategic affairs, Avigdor Lieberman, with that of Adolf Hitler's shown holding a skull painted with a Star of David, under the caption "Zionism was and remains a racist ideology.".
There are thousands of posts blaming Israel for all the terror and conflict in the Middle East.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2007/08/thus_speaks_the_tolerant_left.html