PDA

View Full Version : 58 Percent of Hispanic Voters Back Donald Trump’s Immigration Policies

jimnyc
11-17-2016, 05:40 PM
Exit Poll: 58 Percent of Hispanic Voters Back Donald Trump’s Immigration Policies

A majority of Hispanic voters said they “support Donald Trump’s immigration policies,” undercutting the narrative that enforcing immigration law will drive away Latinos, one exit poll found.

The poll, conducted from Nov. 9 to Nov. 10 by Zogby Analytics for the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), found 58.5 percent of Hispanic voters favored President-Elect Donald Trump’s immigration policies, compared to 32.9 percent for failed Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

Of all voters, 57.4 percent said they support Trump’s immigration policies, with 38.4 percent backing Clinton’s.

Clinton promised to all but dissolve U.S. borders in her first 100 days in office, and told a South American bank in a private, paid speech she “dreamed” of a “hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders.”

Pollsters also found “77.4 percent of Hispanic voters rated immigration as important or somewhat important in their voting decisions,” compared to 84.6 percent of all voters, and 87.8 percent of white voters.

Twice as many Hispanic voters think immigration enforcement is too lax than those who think it’s too strict (36.3 percent versus 18.3 percent).

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/17/exit-poll-58-percent-hispanic-voters-back-donald-trumps-immigration-policies/

gabosaurus
11-17-2016, 07:09 PM
A poll conducted by a right-wing anti-immigration organization says Latinos support Trump's positions on immigration?
Well... OF COURSE IT DOES!! :laugh: :laugh:

That is why so many Latinos voted again him (notice I say Latino and not Hispanic, which would include Cubans and those of European ancestry).

Most of Trump's immigration policies are non-starters. Trump will never get Congressional support for his wall, which is in stark contrast to the mandate to reduce federal expenditures.

Gunny
11-17-2016, 07:26 PM
A poll conducted by a right-wing anti-immigration organization says Latinos support Trump's positions on immigration?

That is why so many Latinos voted again him (notice I say Latino and not Hispanic, which would include Cubans and those of European ancestry).

Most of Trump's immigration policies are non-starters. Trump will never get Congressional support for his wall, which is in stark contrast to the mandate to reduce federal expenditures.

Try again. The answer's always the same no matter WHO is saying it. Try working with those LEGAL Hispanics whose tax dollars are sucked dry same as any other taxpayer's. They don't want the leeches here anymore than anyone else.

Your "mandate" to cut expenditures is just another of your usual red herrings.

jimnyc
11-17-2016, 07:52 PM

Yup, you've been stating such things for over a year. Things about Latinos, things about Texas, things about women, things about California - you have been wrong about EVERYTHING so far. Everything is wrong, and yet exit polls have him leading in so many demographics - and not to mention - TRUMP WON in case you haven't noticed.

Black Diamond
11-17-2016, 07:54 PM
Yup, you've been stating such things for over a year. Things about Latinos, things about Texas, things about women, things about California - you have been wrong about EVERYTHING so far. Everything is wrong, and yet exit polls have him leading in so many demographics - and not to mention - TRUMP WON in case you haven't noticed.

She and many other leftists are still having trouble coping with that fact.

NightTrain
11-17-2016, 08:02 PM
I've said it before : Immigrants who came in the right way are extremely pissed that the Illegals are here with no consequences. I'd feel the same way.

The subject came up with a Laotian immigrant wife who is a friend of ours. That 5-foot-nothing woman was scary with the outrage she instantly displayed talking against illegals. It took her like 4 years of hoops to pull off her American citizenship and the stories of illegals riding the welfare, and getting driver's licences and then possibly getting amnesty from Obama had her ready to fight.

She's much happier lately, in the last week or so. REALLY happy.

Elessar
11-17-2016, 08:34 PM
Point in fact is that existing immigration laws have not been enforced.
It has been going on for a long time, but most especially by the present
administration.

So the ones in illegally see the end of their entitlement. Tough horse muffins!
Send them back to fix their homeland. Send back the proven criminals to their
own justice system.

gabosaurus
11-17-2016, 09:34 PM
administration.

The rate of illegal immigration actually fell during the Obama administration.
When did the rate of illegal immigration rise the most? During the reign of GW Bush, who pretty much ignored the entire issue.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/03/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

Elessar
11-17-2016, 09:51 PM
administration.

So the ones in illegally see the end of their entitlement. Tough horse muffins!
Send them back to fix their homeland. Send back the proven criminals to their
own justice system.

I did not deny that, plus it goes further back even beyond Bill Clinton.

Gunny
11-18-2016, 08:47 AM
I did not deny that, plus it goes further back even beyond Bill Clinton.

Already pointed out. Don't confuse Gabby with facts. What I'd REALLY like to know is where she got her stats? Seems to me it's rather hard to track illegal aliens with ANY form of accuracy. If we could do THAT, then it would seem to many any argument against identification and deprtation is shot to sh*t.