PDA

View Full Version : Trump backtracks on Muslim registry

gabosaurus
11-17-2016, 09:24 PM
The comedy is already under way. :cool:

A spokesman for the Trump transition team has claimed that Donald Trump “never advocated” for a registry tracking individuals based on their religion, despite video evidence showing Trump doing exactly that.

Jason Miller, the communications director for the transition team, released a statement on Thursday in response to reports that the incoming administration has been considering a register for Muslims arriving in the US:

Unfortunately for Miller, his statement is directly contradicted by this video of Trump at a campaign event in Newton, Iowa, in November 2015.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/17/trump-camp-denies-muslim-ban-registry

Elessar
11-17-2016, 10:00 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/17/trump-camp-denies-muslim-ban-registry

Well...if it was a liberal, the common retort would be "I misspoke"!:laugh:

revelarts
11-18-2016, 03:34 AM
I give this one to Trump. If i remember correctly he said that off the cuff and based on a question that gave him that option.
But primarily I'm glad he's "backtracked" because it's assumes suspicion/guilt based on religion.
And the idea is obviously an exact copy of the NAZI registration of the Jews.
However I have to wonder if there's some database like this already. Just based on the amount of info the go'vt and corps are tracking anyway.

Noir
11-18-2016, 05:53 AM
President-elect Trump has never advocated for any registry or system that tracks individuals based on their religion, and to imply otherwise is completely false.

In the video, asked by a reporter for NBC News if he would implement a database of Muslims, Trump responded: “I would certainly implement that. Absolutely.”Asked if Muslims would be legally obligated to sign in to the database, Trump responded: “They have to be.” He also said: “There should be a lot of systems, beyond databases, we should have a lot of systems.”

To imply otherwise is completely false,
history is what we tell you it is, not how it was (:

jimnyc
11-18-2016, 08:07 AM
The horror of it all.

Gunny
11-18-2016, 08:28 AM
I give this one to Trump. If i remember correctly he said that off the cuff and based on a question that gave him that option.
But primarily I'm glad he's "backtracked" because it's assumes suspicion/guilt based on religion.
And the idea is obviously an exact copy of the NAZI registration of the Jews.
However I have to wonder if there's some database like this already. Just based on the amount of info the go'vt and corps are tracking anyway.You are your own suicide pact. People too stupid to protect themselves and what they have and put the rights of the usurpers out to take rather than earn don't deserve to live.

Gunny
11-18-2016, 08:29 AM
[I]

To imply otherwise is completely false,
history is what we tell you it is, not how it was (:

Do you serve any actual function in life that anyone cares about?

revelarts
11-18-2016, 08:34 AM
You are your own suicide pact. People too stupid to protect themselves and what they have and put the rights of the usurpers out to take rather than earn don't deserve to live.
You and your irrational fear of conquest and low regard for freedom.
The only safety that'd finally satisfy some people like you is in a walled prison where everyone is numbered, tracked by guards and all swear loyalty oaths everyday.

if you want to go to hyperbolic name calling well, we both can go there gunny.

Gunny
11-18-2016, 10:56 AM
You and your irrational fear of conquest and low regard for freedom.
The only safety that'd finally satisfy some people like you is in a walled prison where everyone is numbered, tracked by guards and all swear loyalty oaths everyday.

if you want to go to hyperbolic name calling well, we both can go there gunny.

My regard for freedom is quite high, thanks. YOUR lack of regard for the freedom of others except those you deem worthy is the issue. You're the dumbass that wants to come along and solve the murder later and claim victory. Great. Except I'm still dead because you don't want to call a rose a rose.

But I bet you got a lock on YOUR door, don't you? Those criminals that want your stuff are being deprived of their right to it. THAT is how much sense YOU make. Everything to you is about your warped perception of right and wrong and you're more than willing to endanger the public in general to prove it. Never worried about the big picture and/or the elephant in the room.

All radical Islamists are fucking Muslims the same as all rattlesnakes are rattlesnakes. NEITHER has the right to deprive others of theirs.

fj1200
11-18-2016, 02:38 PM

I think he backtracked months ago.

You are your own suicide pact. People too stupid to protect themselves and what they have and put the rights of the usurpers out to take rather than earn don't deserve to live.

We are all covered by the same Constitution.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-18-2016, 03:18 PM
My regard for freedom is quite high, thanks. YOUR lack of regard for the freedom of others except those you deem worthy is the issue. You're the dumbass that wants to come along and solve the murder later and claim victory. Great. Except I'm still dead because you don't want to call a rose a rose.

But I bet you got a lock on YOUR door, don't you? Those criminals that want your stuff are being deprived of their right to it. THAT is how much sense YOU make. Everything to you is about your warped perception of right and wrong and you're more than willing to endanger the public in general to prove it. Never worried about the big picture and/or the elephant in the room.

All radical Islamists are fucking Muslims the same as all rattlesnakes are rattlesnakes. NEITHER has the right to deprive others of theirs.

This massive willing blindness in regards to Islam is baffling. It has to be some spiritual link to evil that enthralls the morons that defend the living hell out of it all. They that merely shrug at the thousands and thousands of murders of innocent women and children, then go on the criticize and vilify we that point out the depravity , savagery and murders commanded by the holy book of Islam, the Koran!
I doubt that any other blindness of this size and depth exists in this world.
Useful idiots doesn't even cover its depth and scope nor the absolute convictions in which obvious and clear truths about Islam are denied!

We have the Internet and Google, so finding the linked truth of Islam's daily atrocities around the globe is quite easy but millions had rather believe the lie and not face the truth. Had rather believe the lie so as to have an excuse for taking no stand-no meaningful action!
Morons, cowards, imbeciles --matters not the reason -these allies to Islam bear the same eight of responsibility in these thousands of murders as do the insane murderers IMHO.
I PRAY THAT SOMEDAY JUSTICE BE DELIVERED UNTO THEM ALL.

revelarts
11-18-2016, 04:54 PM
no you're a dumba$$
:rolleyes:

Everything to you is about your warped perception of right and wrong and you're more than willing to endanger the freedoms of everyone in general to prove it. Never worried about the big picture and/or the elephant in the room which is once they take the muslims rights they take yours AS WELL. And also jail and kill innocent people and foment MORE hostility.

See part of your problem is that you don't seem to think that the constitution CAN be used to and still protect the nation. I believe it can. Many in the NSA FBI CIA and armed forces believe it can as well. But knee jerk reactionary "concerned" people like yourself seem to think the -track and kill them all, laws be d@mned- technique is the ONLY way to deal with people your "concerned" about. Those you even SUSPECT.
sorry you say your open minded and wise but you don't show it.
Seems you've got ONE solution for every problem.
You might want to try something for a moment. Try thinking of the world as your extended family rather than just enemies or potential enemies. you're out of the military now. no need to carry that thinking over into civilian life and politics.
If you can't broaden your options please don't pretend that your way is the ONLY way. It's not even the only way for other people IN the military.

Gunny
11-19-2016, 08:42 AM
We are all covered by the same Constitution.

In theory only. Not in practice.

bullypulpit
11-20-2016, 12:37 PM
No one who claims to be Christian and is OK with a "Muslim registry" never gets to bitch about religious freedom ever again.

jimnyc
11-20-2016, 12:47 PM
No one who claims to be Christian and is OK with a "Muslim registry" never gets to bitch about religious freedom ever again.

I am, and I am - and I'll continue.

That's what happens when you WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN!!!

Now your hero is done forever and hopefully now we never see the criminal you support so much, ever.

Trump won!! The wall is coming!!

bullypulpit
11-20-2016, 01:16 PM
I am, and I am - and I'll continue.

That's what happens when you WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN!!!

Now your hero is done forever and hopefully now we never see the criminal you support so much, ever.

Trump won!! The wall is coming!!

Ummm...Jimmy, that septuagenarian degenerate hasn't won anything yet. The Electoral College hasn't yet had its say. Secondly, he LOST the popular vote.

jimnyc
11-20-2016, 01:34 PM
Ummm...Jimmy, that septuagenarian degenerate hasn't won anything yet. The Electoral College hasn't yet had its say. Secondly, he LOST the popular vote.

I believe GWB lost the popular vote too. And your point is? You still LOST!!

How is Nate Silver and 538 looking now? :laugh:

You keep hoping for that not going to happen miracle!! That will just allow me to make fun of you twice is all!! Are you REALLY dumb enough to think this will happen? Please say yes so that I can in fact laugh at you next month!!

Gunny
11-20-2016, 01:51 PM

Apples n oranges. One has nothing to do with the other.

Gunny
11-20-2016, 01:58 PM

Not winning the popular vote means nothing. The electoral college is LAW. Social media petitions and/or pipe dreams are nothing. Why don't you tell your Christian brethren to quit whining like bitches and destroying shit and just get the f*ck over it? Take a note from my granddaughter. She's 3 and doesn't cry like you spoiled-ass babies.

She lies less too.

aboutime
11-20-2016, 02:02 PM

bully. Let me be the first to inform you. HILLARY LOST. The Constitution WON. You lost because you are totally uninformed, and haven't learned...despite your Liberal Brainwashing, that THOSE WHO OBEY THE LAWS always win with TRUTH.

THOSE WHO DISOBEY, OR IGNORE THE LAWS...NEVER LEARN!
Pick one for yourself.

fj1200
11-21-2016, 10:59 AM
In theory only. Not in practice.

Just not the Muslim citizens then?

aboutime
11-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Just not the Muslim citizens then?

fj. If you dared to be honest here with your incomplete remarks. You might admit that it is NOT JUST THE MUSLIM CITIZENS. You intentionally didn't complete what Trump said, which was

www.cnn.com/2016/06/25/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-terrorism/
Jun 25, 2016 - Donald Trump's proposed ban on Muslims entering the United States has ... He did not say whether he intended to ban individuals from those countries ... It is about Muslims from countries that support terrorism," Mnuchin told ..

www.cnn.com/2016/06/25/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-terrorism/

Russ
11-21-2016, 08:20 PM
fj. If you dared to be honest here with your incomplete remarks. You might admit that it is NOT JUST THE MUSLIM CITIZENS. You intentionally didn't complete what Trump said, which was

Jun 25, 2016 - Donald Trump's proposed ban on Muslims entering the United States has ... He did not say whether he intended to ban individuals from those countries ... It is about Muslims from countries that support terrorism," Mnuchin told ..

Thank you for stating that so well, AT, and completely correct. Trump was talking about a database of immigrants/visitors from terror-supporting countries, whatever their religion, and only said it in response to a leading quesiton. The liberal media immediately translated that to "Muslim registry" for their own slanted purposes, and now liberals everywhere are quoting that false news. It really isn't even worth listening to the mainstream media anymore.

Russ
11-21-2016, 08:24 PM

There is no registry, it's just fake news from media outlets that hate Trump and want to accuse him of things.

I heard there actually is going to be a troll registry, though, BP, so you might want to change your username and avatar. Just sayin' :rolleyes:

gabosaurus
11-21-2016, 08:36 PM
Trump is a master of contradicting himself. He says different things at different times. Even his advisory staff appears to be confused.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/306370-trump-weighing-muslim-registry-says-adviser

President-elect Donald Trump (http://thehill.com/people/donald-trump)’s immigration advisers could recommend a registry for immigrants from Muslim countries and countries with significant problems with terrorism, according to a top ally.

Has Trump proposed such a registry before? Without a doubt.

Last November, Trump told an NBC reporter that he would “certainly implement” a database to keep tabs on Muslims in America, adding that Muslims would be required to sign up.

A month later, he called for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”

Gunny
11-21-2016, 08:45 PM
Trump is a master of contradicting himself. He says different things at different times. Even his advisory staff appears to be confused.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/306370-trump-weighing-muslim-registry-says-adviser

Even if what you say is true minus the moonbat partisanship it'll be nothing new. We've been listening to tyrant and liar for 8 years.

aboutime
11-21-2016, 09:31 PM

gabby. You are really, really funny, and losing it fast. Everything you said above about Trump, was almost like YOU....TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF. In fact. Your words above could be YOUR IDENTITY as well.

And, of course. YOU'VE NEVER SAID ANYTHING CONTRADICTORY ....ever???

fj1200
11-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Thank you for stating that so well, AT, and completely correct. Trump was talking about a database of immigrants/visitors from terror-supporting countries, whatever their religion, and only said it in response to a leading quesiton. The liberal media immediately translated that to "Muslim registry" for their own slanted purposes, and now liberals everywhere are quoting that false news. It really isn't even worth listening to the mainstream media anymore.

Read into it however you need but there is a difference between a database of immigrants, etc. and a Muslim registry.