PDA

View Full Version : Suspended for Telling Protesters Trump Will Deport Them

jimnyc
11-18-2016, 08:05 AM
Too bad it couldn't be true! :coffee:

-----

Teacher Suspended for Telling National Anthem Protesters Trump Will Deport Them

A California high school physical education teacher has been placed on paid administrative leave after she allegedly told a group of students, who refused to stand for the national anthem, that they would be deported under President Donald Trump.

According to NBC Bay Area, a group of students at Oak Grove High School, in South San Jose, decided to sit through the anthem during an event at the school, in an act of defiance against President-elect Donald Trump last Wednesday.

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who is seen as a role model for many youth, has also refused to stand for the national anthem.

One of the female students in the group that decided not to stand reportedly said the teacher told them, “Good luck with being deported now that Donald Trump is president. You guys had it better here than you will over there.”

Superintendent Chris Funk learned of the incident after it was reported by the students, which prompted the district to place the unnamed teacher on administrative leave.

“No question that some of our students who are undocumented are concerned about deportation and what’s going to happen to their families,” Funk said, according to the San Jose Mercury News.

The Mercury News also notes that “[in] the aftermath of the election, the district has posted a letter on its homepage, saying that students deserve a secure environment to process the election results, and asking teachers to remain neutral, share information, listen to both sides of any issue and create a safe space in class and school for discussion.”

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/11/17/anthem-teacher-suspended-for-telling-national-protesters-trump-will-deport-them/

revelarts
11-18-2016, 08:39 AM
I can understand people wanting others to follow the law. But i don't understand the RELISH in chastising and taunting people with throwing their lives into more chaos and fear.

OK the people should go, but why the apparent GLEE over their continued struggles?

jimnyc
11-18-2016, 09:10 AM
I can understand people wanting others to follow the law. But i don't understand the RELISH in chastising and taunting people with throwing their lives into more chaos and fear.

OK the people should go, but why the apparent GLEE over their continued struggles?

Partly because many will be willing to protest, and even hold signs acknowledging they are illegal, and make no effort to leave or make themselves legal, they prefer to argue. Then we have others that do similar, will argue non-stop for the illegals, but little to no change is ever made to make them legal. They COULD actually work towards becoming legal. A few of my friends have done just that at the station by me, and it took them 5 years, and they busted their asses and worked the whole time, and even paid taxes. I don't see why others can't simply do the same.

I'm tired of the illegal aliens issue which has been going on forever. I have little to no sympathy. If I were to move to ANY other nation tomorrow - my first move TODAY would be to read over everything and educate myself on what it will take to make myself legal once I go there. And then of course work towards that from day one - not ignore that from day one.

Gunny
11-18-2016, 12:28 PM
Partly because many will be willing to protest, and even hold signs acknowledging they are illegal, and make no effort to leave or make themselves legal, they prefer to argue. Then we have others that do similar, will argue non-stop for the illegals, but little to no change is ever made to make them legal. They COULD actually work towards becoming legal. A few of my friends have done just that at the station by me, and it took them 5 years, and they busted their asses and worked the whole time, and even paid taxes. I don't see why others can't simply do the same.

I'm tired of the illegal aliens issue which has been going on forever. I have little to no sympathy. If I were to move to ANY other nation tomorrow - my first move TODAY would be to read over everything and educate myself on what it will take to make myself legal once I go there. And then of course work towards that from day one - not ignore that from day one.

I think Don Quixote is going to burst a vein trying to save the world this week.:laugh: