PDA

View Full Version : Trump to visit Queen Elizabeth

jimnyc
11-20-2016, 03:11 PM
Queen Elizabeth to Invite Trump to Britain for State Visit

(REUTERS) – Queen Elizabeth will invite U.S. President-elect Donald Trump for a state visit to Britain next year to try to cement close ties between the two countries, The Sunday Times newspaper said.

Citing two ministers and a senior official close to Downing Street, the Sunday Times reported that discussions between British officials and Trump’s team would start soon to ensure that a date could be agreed for June or July next year.

Britain is keen to reinforce its “special relationship” with the United States as the government of Prime Minister Theresa May prepares to leave the European Union, a divorce that will shape the country’s standing in the world.

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/11/20/queen-elizabeth-invite-trump-britain-state-visit/

NightTrain
11-20-2016, 03:22 PM
You know, I never thought of this before now... but I'm sure that Trump winning has reassured many Brits with the whole Brexit thing.

Now there will be no Chicago-style punishments in trade against England who went against Bambam's wishes. Sticking his nose into their business like that was yet another embarrassing situation for the USA.

Now that we're swimming in oil with a LOT more on the way, rewarding them with a favorable energy trade deal should boost them nicely.

Abbey Marie
11-20-2016, 03:28 PM
I just wish I could be there to hear Trump talking all Trumpish to the Queen. :cool:

Elessar
11-20-2016, 04:26 PM
I just wish I could be there to hear Trump talking all Trumpish to the Queen. :cool:

You are silly at times, Dear Lady!

I would imagine he will be most gracious. We need to heal the gap Obama created with
the U.K. Sending Sir Churchill's bust back to them was a foul ball in my opinion.

NightTrain
11-20-2016, 04:29 PM
You are silly at times, Dear Lady!

I would imagine he will be most gracious. We need to heal the gap Obama created with
the U.K. Sending Sir Churchill's bust back to them was a foul ball in my opinion.

Brilliant idea!

And make it a televised ceremony further erasing the last 8 terrible years from memory.

Elessar
11-20-2016, 04:55 PM
Brilliant idea!

And make it a televised ceremony further erasing the last 8 terrible years from memory.

I hope it is televised. DJT has shown himself to be humble and gracious several times since
Election Day. With Hillary and with Obama especially. It's inside of him and you can tell.

But he's not going to be a push-over, either.

Black Diamond
11-20-2016, 04:57 PM
I hope it is televised. DJT has shown himself to be humble and gracious several times since
Election Day. With Hillary and with Obama especially. It's inside of him and you can tell.

But he's not going to be a push-over, either.

People who used to be his enemies now seem to be his allies. Meeting with Cruz and Romney? I never would have dreamed.

Elessar
11-20-2016, 05:03 PM
People who used to be his enemies now seem to be his allies. Meeting with Cruz and Romney? I never would have dreamed.

I think it is the effort to unite and combine. DJT is showing wisdom to surround himself
with a solid 'think tank'.

Mitt is a smooth and great planner, as well as being politically savvy.

Cruz? He knows the law and Constitution.

Black Diamond
11-20-2016, 05:05 PM
I think it is the effort to unite and combine. DJT is showing wisdom to surround himself
with a solid 'think tank'.

Mitt is a smooth and great planner, as well as being politically savvy.

Cruz? He knows the law and Constitution.

Cruz for Supreme Court