PDA

View Full Version : Hillary vows to end Iraq war

red states rule
07-30-2007, 05:26 AM
Hillary promised Bill would create a health plan. Pelsoi and the Dems broke her campaign promises as soon as they took office

Clinton comes to town

Democrats’ front-runner reasserts vow to end Iraq war

By Tom Searls
Staff writer

Speaking to a standing-room-only crowd of more than 700 on Friday, U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton brought the crowd to its feet more than once, but never for longer than when she said she would end the war in Iraq.

“I have made a solemn pledge that if President Bush does not end the war while he’s in office that I will,” Clinton, D-N.Y., told the crowd at West Virginia State University.

The front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination, the former first lady said the U.S. military has done everything it has been asked to do and the Iraqi people must step forward to end the conflict.

“The Iraqis have to take responsibility and we should not be funding them unless they start making these tough decisions,” she said.

The United States also must reach out to nations in the Middle East to help end sectarian violence in Iraq, she said: “We’ve got to work with other countries, and we’ve got to do it right now.”

She promised to send high-level envoys — including her husband, former President Bill Clinton — around the world to let nations know the U.S. policies.

Clinton said she also is working with U.S. Sen. Robert C. Byrd, D-W.Va., on legislation to repeal some of the authority Congress gave President Bush to begin the conflict.

“The time is now — not next year or the year after — to bring our young people home out of the middle of this sectarian war,” she said.

for the complete article
http://www.wvgazette.com/section/News/2007072729?pt=0

GW in Ohio
07-30-2007, 08:42 AM
God bless President Bush.

He won't let those peaceniks end this war until every goddamned Iraqi is either dead or displaced.

And look out, Iran, we're comin' after you next.

Memo to President Cheney....oops, I mean President Bush......

Better get crackin' on the Iran invasion. Once those Democrats take over in '08 you won't be able to start a decent war anywhere.

red states rule
07-31-2007, 03:12 AM
God bless President Bush.

He won't let those peaceniks end this war until every goddamned Iraqi is either dead or displaced.

And look out, Iran, we're comin' after you next.

Memo to President Cheney....oops, I mean President Bush......

Better get crackin' on the Iran invasion. Once those Democrats take over in '08 you won't be able to start a decent war anywhere.

Yea, if Dems are in total control it will be Terrorists Gone Wild