PDA

View Full Version : Conway: No Pursuit of Charges Against Clinton

Kathianne
11-22-2016, 09:06 AM
While I guess Trump could 'change his mind' on this, as it's not from him, here's today's take:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/conway-no-clinton-charges-donald-trump/

Trump aide Kellyanne Conway: No plan to pursue charges against Clinton By David Wright (http://www.cnn.com/profiles/david-wright), CNN

<cite class="el-editorial-source" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: CNN, &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-weight: 700;">(CNN)</cite>President-elect Donald Trump's administration will not pursue further investigations of Hillary Clinton related to her private email server or the Clinton Foundation, Trump's former campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said Tuesday, a significant break from a major campaign promise.

"I think when the President-elect, who's also the head of your party, tells you before he's even inaugurated that he doesn't wish to pursue these charges, it sends a very strong message, tone, and content" to fellow Republicans, Conway said in an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

At the second presidential debate in early October, Trump threatened Clinton, saying that "if I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation."

Conway said Clinton "still has to face the fact that a majority of Americans don't find her to be honest or trustworthy," but added that "if Donald Trump can help her heal, then perhaps that's a good thing to do."

"Look, I think he's thinking of many different things as he prepares to become the President of the United States, and things that sound like the campaign are not among them," she added.

During Trump's ferocious election fight with Clinton, chants of "lock her up" -- referring to Clinton -- became a refrain of the Republican's campaign, as he hammered the Democratic presidential nominee over her decision to use a private email server as secretary of state, and lobbed accusations of corruption and "pay to play" politics at the Clinton Foundation.

Kathianne
11-22-2016, 09:38 AM
From a Trump supporter:

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/11/22/source-trump-will-not-seek-to-prosecute-hillary-clinton/

gabosaurus
11-22-2016, 11:20 AM
Like most things Trump said while campaigning, the "lock her up" promise was merely empty rhetoric. Nothing but a catch phrase that Trump could use to rile up a crowd.

I am more intrigued about how Trump will get back at the Bush family. He is more than a bit peeved that neither former president supported him. Perhaps he will reopen the 9-11 investigation.

NightTrain
11-22-2016, 11:49 AM
Like most things Trump said while campaigning, the "lock her up" promise was merely empty rhetoric. Nothing but a catch phrase that Trump could use to rile up a crowd.

I am more intrigued about how Trump will get back at the Bush family. He is more than a bit peeved that neither former president supported him. Perhaps he will reopen the 9-11 investigation.

Doubtful. The Bush family is as irrelevant as you are now.

Noir
11-23-2016, 06:30 AM
Laugh out loud, this guys an idiot, can't wait to see Trump defenders try and argue that not investigating Clinton is the good/right thing to do.

Gunny
11-23-2016, 07:33 AM
Laugh out loud, this guys an idiot, can't wait to see Trump defenders try and argue that not investigating Clinton is the good/right thing to do.

I'd be careful using that word idiot since the reasons for not pursuing Hillary have been made clear and they make perfect sense. Why waste time, effort and money on a has been? Why give her and the MSM the spotlight so she can play victim and the politicians can argue for years it's a partisan witch hunt? More important issues going on than wasting more time on her.

Nobody wants her fried more than I do. There are times when you have to look at what you're going to get versus what you're going to pay.

bullypulpit
11-23-2016, 10:13 AM

Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Beria would have regarded him, and I'm sure Putin does, as a "useful idiot".

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-23-2016, 10:21 AM
Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Beria would have regarded him, and I'm sure Putin does, as a "useful idiot".

"useful idiot", a role you are now playing. And you seem to be a natural at it....
Which is hardly a talent to be proud of- but tis quite likely you are and immensely so ...-Tyr

CSM
11-23-2016, 10:27 AM
"....Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Beria would have regarded him...."

and if anyone is intimately knowledgeable of those two, it's Bully....

revelarts
11-23-2016, 10:55 AM
i suspect that they'll be many Trump supporters who are just like Obama supporters who'll make excuses for every broken promise.
"...It's the other party's fault...", "...he did something better..." "...what he REALLY/MEANT said was...", "..plate to full with all the other HUGE issues...", but finally they'll be some SILENCE and some pure double think... "he's always said he would not do that thing he said he would do"

They'll probably be a few people that will not make excuses for everything he fails to deliver on, but as long as Trump can rhetorically give his base the impression that he's fighting the fight to make A-MER-RI-KA GREAT AGAIN :salute: then most of his base will still be happy.
Because... you know... "Supreme Court!!!" and "It's NOT HILLARY!!!!"
in the end Zero lessons learned. and another round of picking a person that can "defeat the other candidate".

tailfins
11-23-2016, 11:05 AM
While I guess Trump could 'change his mind' on this, as it's not from him, here's today's take:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/conway-no-clinton-charges-donald-trump/

[/FONT][/COLOR][/h]

Clinton may have lost, but we still got a woman President.

Abbey Marie
11-23-2016, 11:39 AM
i suspect that they'll be many Trump supporters who are just like Obama supporters who'll make excuses for every broken promise.
"...It's the other party's fault...", "...he did something better..." "...what he REALLY/MEANT said was...", "..plate to full with all the other HUGE issues...", but finally they'll be some SILENCE and some pure double think... "he's always said he would not do that thing he said he would do"

They'll probably be a few people that will not make excuses for everything he fails to deliver on, but as long as Trump can rhetorically give his base the impression that he's fighting the fight to make A-MER-RI-KA GREAT AGAIN :salute: then most of his base will still be happy.
Because... you know... "Supreme Court!!!" and "It's NOT HILLARY!!!!"
in the end Zero lessons learned. and another round of picking a person that can "defeat the other candidate".

Wow, Rev, it's still two months until he is even sworn in, and you have his whole Presidency judged and found severely wanting. Where I stand, that looks like the definition of prejudice. Or perhaps you have a crystal ball in your room?

gabosaurus
11-23-2016, 11:46 AM
I prefer to think of it as Trump switching from "campaign mode" to "reality mode."
This is fairly normal for a politician. They can all be counted on to lie, cheat and steal. All's fair in love and politics. But mostly politics.

OCA
11-23-2016, 11:48 AM
I'd be careful using that word idiot since the reasons for not pursuing Hillary have been made clear and they make perfect sense. Why waste time, effort and money on a has been? Why give her and the MSM the spotlight so she can play victim and the politicians can argue for years it's a partisan witch hunt? More important issues going on than wasting more time on her.

Nobody wants her fried more than I do. There are times when you have to look at what you're going to get versus what you're going to pay.

Gunsel what size flip flop you wear?

gabosaurus
11-23-2016, 11:50 AM

I would imagine that Gunny wears boots at all time while outdoors.
And bunny slippers at home. Because even old soldiers like to be comfortable.

Gunny
11-23-2016, 12:18 PM

I don't. Usually run around barefoot. :)

I would imagine that Gunny wears boots at all time while outdoors.
And bunny slippers at home. Because even old soldiers like to be comfortable.

I DO wear boots or high top sneakers. At least until when and if the foot heals. Since I have decreed it so, it's a "when". And I wish I had bunny slppers. The daughter has tile floors and keeps the AC at about -30.

Noir
11-23-2016, 12:44 PM
Wow, Rev, it's still two months until he is even sworn in, and you have his whole Presidency judged and found severely wanting. Where I stand, that looks like the definition of prejudice. Or perhaps you have a crystal ball in your room?

Two months until he's even sworn in and he's already backtracking in pledges he made. Hillary should be subject to investigation.

Black Diamond
11-23-2016, 01:01 PM
Two months until he's even sworn in and he's already backtracking in pledges he made. Hillary should be subject to investigation.

The bitch would walk. It would be a waste of time and political capital. She can't harm the country anymore. There is no upside to prosecuting her. None.

Gunny
11-23-2016, 01:01 PM

Again, i agree. Only that's "should have been" prosecuted. It's not worth it politically nor financially. We DO pay for the time, lack of energy and lack of effort for that crap.

Noir
11-23-2016, 01:09 PM
The bitch would walk. It would be a waste of time and political capital. She can't harm the country anymore. There is no upside to prosecuting her. None.

Here it comes :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Black Diamond
11-23-2016, 01:13 PM
Here it comes :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have been saying this from the beginning you toothpick faggot ass.

Black Diamond
11-23-2016, 01:25 PM
Here you go , Noir.

Black Diamond
11-23-2016, 01:27 PM
I'll stick my neck out :).

Donald Trump should pardon Hillary Clinton. Be the best thing for the country.

Here you go

Elessar
11-23-2016, 01:33 PM

Now why in the hell would he reopen the 9/11 investigation? Just tossing out a red herring, Gabby?

I would rather he pressure the DOJ to do their job and determine if a grand jury indictment of Hillary
is worth going for.

Elessar
11-23-2016, 01:38 PM
Again, i agree. Only that's "should have been" prosecuted. It's not worth it politically nor financially. We DO pay for the time, lack of energy and lack of effort for that crap.

Now why in the hell would he reopen the 9/11 investigation? Just tossing out a red herring, Gabby?

I would rather he pressure the DOJ to do their job and determine if a grand jury indictment of Hillary
is worth going for.

Yet, I do see and understand that point as well.

Abbey Marie
11-23-2016, 02:00 PM

Ah, so you would prefer he wait until he is sworn in to do/not do stuff? Or maybe it's that you very much want him to do everything he said? Build the wall, prosecute Hillary, etc. Welcome to the Right, Noir!

revelarts
11-23-2016, 02:17 PM

When Obama 1st became president I had several thoughts about what he'd would and wouldn't do. mainly based on what'd he'd done in Chicago and in congress and then the scope of what he said.
I thought he would NOT help the turn back the surveillance state, or go back to the 10 amendments as he promised, BASED ON his voting record.
I thought he would help LBGTXYZ, base on his rhetoric.
I thought he would NOT investigate prosecute Bush and crew, base on his the soft tone against them and his actions in congress.
I thought he MIGHT close Gitmo but probably not.
I thought He'd probably leave Iraq based on Bush's own agreement at the least.
I thought He'd escalate war elsewhere based on his promise to do so, and the fact that both R and D are pro war ACTIONS despite their words.
I thought he'd be horrible for abortion based on his history and words in Chicago.

I was pretty dead on. several I know on the left HOPED for much different.
And many on the right didn't really care about the issues i mentioned.

In Trumps Case Now I'm basing my comments on what he's done in the past in his biz and who he's choosing now, and what they've DONE in the past. As well as what he's SAID he LIKES about some cities and federal gov't ACTIONS.

Abby based on those things I don't see Trump lessening surveillance on americans? do you?
Based on those things do you see Trump NOT using torture on "suspects" or their families if he thinks it's a good idea?
Do you see LESS people as suspects because he's going to be MORE careful in defining whose a threat, or do you think he might broaden the pool of suspects?
Based on his actions so far do you think he's going to have a more open and transparent gov't than we've seen in the past 20+ years? Do you think bad policing is going to be investigated more or less?

to me all the above looks like less constitutional and more tyrannical like actions.
I hope and pray i am wrong.

but if you hire a baby-sitter for your kids that already said they don't take any back talk... at all and they do believe in spanking and pinching children. And some of her babysitting buddies are coming over to help that are known for beating children for nothing. Well I'm not sure why you'd imagine that THIS TIME there's going to less punishment and more fair than your last sitter that said they didn't believe in spanking etc..

If that's "prejudice" well OK.
Seems to me we all had and idea or hope of what he'd do based on his words and actions.
so i guess everyones prejudice.. for, against or neutral.

At this point i'm not thinking he's as much of a wildcard as he seemed before.
there's a real direction forming now Abby.

But i do hope at least he'll deal with some of these trade agreements, and do a decent job on the supreme court.
other than that I'm not hopeful sorry.

Kathianne
11-23-2016, 03:57 PM
When Obama 1st became president I had several thoughts about what he'd would and wouldn't do. mainly based on what'd he'd done in Chicago and in congress and then the scope of what he said.
I thought he would NOT help the turn back the surveillance state, or go back to the 10 amendments as he promised, BASED ON his voting record.
I thought he would help LBGTXYZ, base on his rhetoric.
I thought he would NOT investigate prosecute Bush and crew, base on his the soft tone against them and his actions in congress.
I thought he MIGHT close Gitmo but probably not.
I thought He'd probably leave Iraq based on Bush's own agreement at the least.
I thought He'd escalate war elsewhere based on his promise to do so, and the fact that both R and D are pro war ACTIONS despite their words.
I thought he'd be horrible for abortion based on his history and words in Chicago.

I was pretty dead on. several I know on the left HOPED for much different.
And many on the right didn't really care about the issues i mentioned.

In Trumps Case Now I'm basing my comments on what he's done in the past in his biz and who he's choosing now, and what they've DONE in the past. As well as what he's SAID he LIKES about some cities and federal gov't ACTIONS.

Abby based on those things I don't see Trump lessening surveillance on americans? do you?
Based on those things do you see Trump NOT using torture on "suspects" or their families if he thinks it's a good idea?
Do you see LESS people as suspects because he's going to be MORE careful in defining whose a threat, or do you think he might broaden the pool of suspects?
Based on his actions so far do you think he's going to have a more open and transparent gov't than we've seen in the past 20+ years? Do you think bad policing is going to be investigated more or less?

to me all the above looks like less constitutional and more tyrannical like actions.
I hope and pray i am wrong.

but if you hire a baby-sitter for your kids that already said they don't take any back talk... at all and they do believe in spanking and pinching children. And some of her babysitting buddies are coming over to help that are known for beating children for nothing. Well I'm not sure why you'd imagine that THIS TIME there's going to less punishment and more fair than your last sitter that said they didn't believe in spanking etc..

If that's "prejudice" well OK.
Seems to me we all had and idea or hope of what he'd do based on his words and actions.
so i guess everyones prejudice.. for, against or neutral.

At this point i'm not thinking he's as much of a wildcard as he seemed before.
there's a real direction forming now Abby.

But i do hope at least he'll deal with some of these trade agreements, and do a decent job on the supreme court.
other than that I'm not hopeful sorry.

I am going to wait for him to be sworn in and am more than willing to give him 6 months to a year to judge him on things done or not done. OTOH, he is the one making these statements that are walking back at best, flipping at worse. That leaves criticism of what he's saying, not doing, fair.

While there's many reasons I didn't vote for the man, one of the most important was that I judged him as you have, on his words and actions in the past-some recent, some further back-and came to the opinion he is not conservative.

I certainly can't say that he won't do a great job, but any administration that expands entitlements and further constrains freedoms, is not IMO, successful or conservative.

Noir
11-23-2016, 06:21 PM
you toothpick faggot ass.

Poor random assortment of words for an insult.
C-

Ah, so you would prefer he wait until he is sworn in to do/not do stuff? Or maybe it's that you very much want him to do everything he said? Build the wall, prosecute Hillary, etc. Welcome to the Right, Noir!

Prosecuting Hillary is not a Left or Right issue, much as some may want it to be.

Black Diamond
11-23-2016, 06:24 PM
Poor random assortment of words for an insult.
C-

Prosecuting Hillary is not a Left or Right issue, much as some may want it to be.

Doesn't matter. Trump and his administration prosecuting her is an exercise in futility. And I've been saying it for weeks.... As I clearly indicated.

Black Diamond
11-23-2016, 06:26 PM
It's actually beyond an exercise in futility..

But hopefully you get the idea.

aboutime
11-23-2016, 06:41 PM
I believe everybody is getting upset....just like the Libs have been since November 8th. And, I also believe. We need to be patient with Trump.

For those who insist he is not following through with his words before the election.
Think for a moment about this.

Did you get angry at Obama when he voiced his opinion about police officers? Did you like it when Obama claimed police officers were GUILTY, before the officers were actually indicted, or in court?
Did you get mad when Obama was interviewed about Hillary's Email Scandal, and the Server in the bathroom, with Classified messages?
How did you feel when Obama opened his mouth about the IRS scandal, when he said:Obama on IRS Scandal: "Not Even A Smidgen Of Corruption" ?

Think. Trump will be the President, and not DECIDING anything the DOJ, or FBI will be investigating, or Who they will investigate, or indict.
Trump is smart. He's not gonna be another Obama...and look like a FOOL.

I almost forgot one other important fact. IF TRUMP doesn't threaten to Indict Hillary. OBAMA will have no reason to PARDON her before he leaves office. And then..we all know TRUMP will never pardon her.

Black Diamond
11-23-2016, 06:45 PM
I believe everybody is getting upset....just like the Libs have been since November 8th. And, I also believe. We need to be patient with Trump.

For those who insist he is not following through with his words before the election.
Think for a moment about this.

Did you get angry at Obama when he voiced his opinion about police officers? Did you like it when Obama claimed police officers were GUILTY, before the officers were actually indicted, or in court?
Did you get mad when Obama was interviewed about Hillary's Email Scandal, and the Server in the bathroom, with Classified messages?
How did you feel when Obama opened his mouth about the IRS scandal, when he said:Obama on IRS Scandal: "Not Even A Smidgen Of Corruption" ?

Think. Trump will be the President, and not DECIDING anything the DOJ, or FBI will be investigating, or Who they will investigate, or indict.
Trump is smart. He's not gonna be another Obama...and look like a FOOL.

He is actually way smarter than anyone gave him credit for, including myself

Elessar
11-23-2016, 07:24 PM

Are you as active in U.K. political rants as you are here?

If so, do you get laughed at as much as here?

Noir
11-23-2016, 07:28 PM
Are you as active in U.K. political rants as you are here?

If so, do you get laughed at as much as here?

Very much so, but I laugh back more so alls grand.

aboutime
11-23-2016, 07:31 PM
Very much so, but I laugh back more so alls grand.

Noir. Keep on laughing. At least you aren't, or haven't joined our WHINING Libs here, who are crying like babies because...GOD FORBID, they might have to go back to WORK, with a job....instead of staying on the Dole of millions of Americans who are successful, and responsible for their own LIVES.