PDA

View Full Version : These people are crazy!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-23-2016, 10:12 AM
US: Denver sheriff illegally excluded non-citizens in hiring
[Associated Press]
SADIE GURMAN
Associated PressNovember 21, 2016

DENVER (AP) — The Denver Sheriff Department will pay $10,000 and change its hiring practices after the Justice Department found it broke the law by excluding job candidates who were not U.S. citizens, according to the terms of a settlement agreement announced Monday.

The federal agency's investigation found Colorado's largest sheriff's department illegally required deputy sheriff applicants to be U.S. citizens and posed job ads with citizenship requirements.

The practice went on from Jan. 1, 2015, to March 23, when the troubled department was on a push to hire more deputies as part of a far-reaching reform effort.

The Immigration and Nationality Act's anti-discrimination provision's requires most employers to consider people who are not U.S. citizens, as long as they have a work permit.

Yet the federal law also allows police departments to impose hiring restrictions based on citizenship status as long as they are the result of state law or government mandate, not internal policies.

More than 40 states have rules in place keeping law enforcement agencies from hiring non-citizens. Only Colorado, Louisiana, Maine, Vermont and West Virginia have no such statewide citizenship restrictions, according to an October Justice Department report addressing the subject.

Though permitted in some places, "this requirement may prevent a considerable number of racial and ethnic minorities — many of whom have valuable foreign language skills — from being hired by law enforcement agencies," according to the report on diversifying law enforcement.

The Justice Department has sanctioned other agencies for citizenship requirements.

The Eugene, Oregon, police department agreed in August 2015 to pay fines and retrain its employees after the Justice Department found the city asked police officer applicants about their citizenship status to exclude applicants who were not U.S. citizens.

And the Justice Department began monitoring the hiring practices of the Arapahoe County sheriff's office in suburban Denver in 2013, after an investigation showed it improperly restricted jobs to citizens, when no law allowed it.

Denver sheriff spokesman Simon Crittle said the roughly 890-member department did not know it had broken the law.

"While we didn't commit this violation intentionally, we accept responsibility and are taking steps to clarify policy and amend language in hiring documents," Crittle said.

Sheriff's officials must now reconsider disqualified candidates without regard to their citizenship, according to the settlement agreement. The department will also re-train staff and revise its policies to adhere to federal law.

Vanita Gupta, head of the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, said in a statement that eliminating the unlawful citizenship requirement will ensure the sheriff department hires the most qualified applicants.

So they say , we by law--must hire illegals????
Did I miss something???

Or will they pretend it only applied to legal visitors here that have visa's?
When we know that the libs will use it to hire illegals into the police department, as they typically twist any law to suit their absolutely insane leftist agendas!

You are a legal citizen, take your place behind -- foreigners, illegals and visa holders.
You have only the right to be discriminated against--you dumbass citizen....
Born here,law abiding--go to the back of the line... That is the insane liberal view now made mandatory by law- by federal enforcement = new gestapo tactics.

Lets have Juan, Pancho and Pedro arresting you or writing you tickets after taking your damn jobs....--Tyr

Gunny
11-23-2016, 10:19 AM
So they say , we by law--must hire illegals????
Did I miss something???

Or will they pretend it only applied to legal visitors here that have visa's?
When we know that they libs will use it to hire illegals into the police department, as they typically twist any law to suit their absolutely insane leftist agendas!

You are a legal citizen, take your place behind -- foreigners, illegals and visa holders.
You have only the right to be discriminated against--you dumbass citizen....
Born here,law abiding--go to the back of the line... That is the insane liberal view now made mandatory by law- by federal enforcement = new gestapo tactics.

Lets have Juan, Pancho and Pedro arresting you or writing you tickets after taking your damn jobs....--Tyr

Great. Now we can be pulled over by morons with loaded firearms that can't speak English. No chance anything will go wrong here.

CSM
11-23-2016, 10:30 AM
Just another step in allowing UN forces to enter and control the US population. Goes right along with Obama's plan for that civilian army he was talking about...

Kathianne
11-23-2016, 03:43 PM
I'm pretty sure law enforcement takes an oath to uphold the Constitution? In any case, I'm pretty certain they mean one would qualify for application with a green card-permanent residency.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-23-2016, 05:16 PM
I'm pretty sure law enforcement takes an oath to uphold the Constitution? In any case, I'm pretty certain they mean one would qualify for application with a green card-permanent residency.

In any case, I'm pretty certain they mean one would qualify for application with a green card-permanent residency.

The article specifically stated---non-citizens.....
And illegals are non-citizens , why use such a broad-brushing term if those with legal resident status was the subject?
To me it appears to be an umbrella attempt to further the advancement of illegals in this country and advance the nation weakening agenda being pursued by certain elements within our own government.-Tyr

Kathianne
11-23-2016, 05:31 PM
The article specifically stated---non-citizens.....
And illegals are non-citizens , why use such a broad-brushing term if those with legal resident status was the subject?
To me it appears to be an umbrella attempt to further the advancement of illegals in this country and advance the nation weakening agenda being pursued by certain elements within our own government.-Tyr

Have to be 'legal':

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/22/denver-sheriffs-department-fined-10k-for-hiring-only-us-citizens.html

The Justice Department said that the opportunity to work for the department should be open to anyone with the necessary skills who is authorized to be employed in the United States. That could be a legal permanent resident who has not naturalized, for example, or someone on a temporary visa who has a work permit.

Elessar
11-23-2016, 07:37 PM
Yep! More of the "Press 1 for English...."

Seems a bit absurd. To get on the forces require background investigations.

Of course, no liberal pundits understand that.

Naturalized citizens, I can see. But under a green card? I've got problems
with that notion.

aboutime
11-23-2016, 09:03 PM

Gotta disagree with you on that one Kathianne. UNLESS those people also TAKE AN OATH, to become a LEGAL citizen. Law enforcement (who also take oath's) must enforce the laws FIRST. The problem is the Sanctuary Attitudes of many cities, that refuse to tell their LAW ENFORCEMENT to follow Federal Law when it comes to ILLEGALS.
Disobeying the U.S. Constitution..as the mayors seem willing to do. Removes all of the PRESENT LAWS...that are not being enforced...out of Political Correctness.
Bottom line. The One, and Only remedy will be the New A.G. Justice Dept, Congress, and the Prevention of FEDERAL MONIES (controlled by congress) flowing to the LAW BREAKING CITIES.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-24-2016, 08:57 AM
Have to be 'legal':

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/22/denver-sheriffs-department-fined-10k-for-hiring-only-us-citizens.html

Oh. I see, they mean like for example these tens of thousands of Syrian terrorists, I mean "refugees" obama brought in...hmmmmm
My, my, my - now isnt that a liberal blessed convenience... hmmm.
A mighty damn convenient circumstance for these hordes of muzzy bastards that the obama has brought in to infect this nation before he leaves office.. hmmmm...
And a damn fine PLACE FOR MUSLIM TERRORISTS TO LAND JOB!
BUT HEY, NO FEAR CAUSE WE KNOW THAT THE MESSIAH OBAMA SHOT HIS BUDDY OSAMA AND ENDED ALL OF THAT , RIGHT??-Tyr.

Kathianne
11-24-2016, 09:27 AM
I don't know what type of visas refugees are issued. Never fear though, Trump has said he's going to be looking at visas that keep taking good jobs from Americans.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-24-2016, 10:39 AM
I don't know what type of visas refugees are issued. Never fear though, Trump has said he's going to be looking at visas that keep taking good jobs from Americans.

I am more worried about how the libs/leftists/dems in sanctuary cities will twist, distort and illegally interpret/use this to further discriminate against citizens and weaken Republican/conservative power in various ways.
After all , that is a big reason such insanity was promoted in the first place, IMHO..

Note - My sarcasm in my previous post was delivered for/against just these types of sell-out, brain-dead Americans that work tirelessly to make their ffing insane fantasies a reality!
For we have more than ample proof of how they twist and illegally do things with utter contempt for the Rule of Law and HOW SUCH IS IGNORED BY THE VERY AUTHORITIES THAT ARE BY LAW/DESIGN CREATED TO PREVENT SUCH.--Tyr

Gunny
11-24-2016, 11:04 AM

How do you apply for a permanent job on a temporary visa?

Migrants who are issued temporary work visas are not "refugees". You have to come through the front door legally and do the paperwork to get a visa.

NightTrain
11-24-2016, 11:31 AM

Migrants who are issued temporary work visas are not "refugees". You have to come through the front door legally and do the paperwork to get a visa.

Those visas are another tool to inundate America with as many immigrants as possible. Obama's been handing those out by the truckload.

Gunny
11-24-2016, 11:43 AM
Those visas are another tool to inundate America with as many immigrants as possible. Obama's been handing those out by the truckload.

Obama is an anti-American jackass. Why shouldn't the lefties think they have to follow any rules when he's the their leader and head rule breaker? If Congress had any balls they'd have cut his power off at the knees long ago.

NightTrain
11-24-2016, 12:57 PM
Obama is an anti-American jackass. Why shouldn't the lefties think they have to follow any rules when he's the their leader and head rule breaker? If Congress had any balls they'd have cut his power off at the knees long ago.

Yep, that whole sheepish "We have to go along with Obama" bullshit is the primary reason why the GOP fractured like it did. There was no will to fight in Congress and the anger ratcheted as the GOP waved the white flag while Reid and crew ran roughshod.

Kathianne
11-24-2016, 04:21 PM

I put in what the article did, quoting I believe. I'm quite certain the police department could file suit if forced to hire on 'temporary visa.' I haven't a clue to how long a 'work visa' is for? Does it depend upon the job? If hired by police, pass training, would the 'work visa' basically give permanent residency? I don't know.

Gunny
11-25-2016, 11:24 AM
I put in what the article did, quoting I believe. I'm quite certain the police department could file suit if forced to hire on 'temporary visa.' I haven't a clue to how long a 'work visa' is for? Does it depend upon the job? If hired by police, pass training, would the 'work visa' basically give permanent residency? I don't know.

I'm not sure exactly how long a work visa is for. They mostly facilitate seasonal migrants who work the harvest seasons. I think the court in this case is wrong. Nothing new there. Looks like a game of semantics at taxpayer expense to me.