PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore's hypocrisy

red states rule
07-30-2007, 06:16 AM
LOOK OVER THE DESCRIPTIONS OF THE FOLLOWING TWO HOUSES AND SEE IF YOU
CAN TELL WHICH BELONGS TO AN ENVIRONMENTALIST.

HOUSE # 1:
A 20-room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by natural gas.
Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house all heated
by gas. In ONE MONTH ALONE this mansion consumes more energy than the
average American household in an ENTIRE YEAR. The average bill for
electricity and natural gas runs over $2,400.00 per month. In natural
gas alone (which last time we checked was a fossil fuel), this property
consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home.
This house is not in a northern or Midwestern "snow belt," either. It's
in the South.

HOUSE # 2:
Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university,
this house incorporates every "green" feature current home construction
can provide. The house contains only 4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and
is nestled on arid high prairie in the American southwest. A central
closet in the house holds geothermal heat pumps drawing ground water
through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground. The water (usually 67
degrees F.) heats the house in winter and cools it in summer. The
system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas, and it consumes
25% of the electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling
system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000
gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets
goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The
collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house. Flowers
and shrubs native to the are! a blend the property into the surrounding
rural landscape.

HOUSE # 1 (20 room energy guzzling mansion) is outside of
Nashville,Tennessee. It is the abode of that renowned environmentalist
(and filmmaker) Al Gore.

HOUSE # 2 (model eco-friendly house) is on a ranch near Crawford,
Texas. Also known as "the Texas White House," it is the private
residence of the President of the United States, George W. Bush.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/g/gore-bush-houses.htm

red states rule
07-30-2007, 07:25 AM
I wonder how many trees had to be cut down to publish Al's books on global warming and conservation

Nukeman
07-30-2007, 08:42 AM
I wonder how many trees had to be cut down to publish Al's books on global warming and conservationJust one would be too damn many!!!!!!!!

waterrescuedude2000
07-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Wastewater from toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern.

I dont want to drink water from that house. The rest is awesome. But your own sewage???

nevadamedic
07-30-2007, 08:29 PM
I wonder how many trees had to be cut down to publish Al's books on global warming and conservation

Or the paper/cardboard jacket for his DVD which is not printed on Recycled Material.

Spyder Jerusalem
07-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Wastewater from toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern.

I dont want to drink water from that house. The rest is awesome. But your own sewage???

You already bathe, wash clothes and water yer plants in purified sewage.
Havin a water purifier on yer property saves money and energy.

There is a thing called recycled paper.
I know that little tidbit didn't occur to yer nibs.

I'll bet every page of every book and every dvd case was made from recycled materials.

Now what, dipshit?

Dilloduck
07-30-2007, 09:33 PM
You already bathe, wash clothes and water yer plants in purified sewage.
Havin a water purifier on yer property saves money and energy.

There is a thing called recycled paper.
I know that little tidbit didn't occur to yer nibs.

I'll bet every page of every book and every dvd case was made from recycled materials.

Now what, dipshit?

Should we start saving recycled stuff before it becomes scarce too ?

Spyder Jerusalem
07-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Nope.

Just recycle it again.

That's the beuty of it.

With recycling, there is no scarcity.

Angel Heart
07-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Recycling ~ Penn and Teller Bullshit

Part 1:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9oloM_dSoW4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9oloM_dSoW4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Part 2:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gvfQ0iffj40"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gvfQ0iffj40" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Part 3:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cnoj9MPpi54"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cnoj9MPpi54" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Watch if you dare to change your view.

Dilloduck
07-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Nope.

Just recycle it again.

That's the beuty of it.

With recycling, there is no scarcity.

but if you build a house with recycled crap no one else can use it for years and years

Spyder Jerusalem
07-30-2007, 10:10 PM
I like Penn and Teller, too.
And I've seen that show.

They admit many times that they slant things for effect.

Here, lemme help ya.

Does Recycling save money?
No.
Does Recycling conserve materials?
Yes.
Does it make those materials any cheaper?
No.
Does Recycling prevent the destruction of resources from which those materials are garnered?
Some, but not much.

So, does Recycling matter?
Yes.

If nothin else because some dipshits pull that "how many trees had to die" bullshit out of their ass as if it meant something.

Quid pro quo, baby...

Angel Heart
07-30-2007, 10:29 PM
So based on getting only one yes you say it's worth it? Around here it's hurt many small towns. The environmental idiots have hurt people to "protect the trees".

Recycling paper doesn't make sense. Growing trees on the farms makes sense. The byproduct of that is air. The byproduct of recycling paper... Sludge.

Recycling aluminum, that makes sense. It costs less to recycle it than it does to mine it. I can even give you plastics. Those make sense. To recycle a truly renewable resource just because we can doesn't make sense.

What did you think if the idiots sorting out their trash? If you don't watch it that will be you.

Spyder Jerusalem
07-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Honestly, I believe yer right about paper.

Its too renewable, and the renewal process is beneficial to the environment.
The environmental nuts that spike trees and invade logging camps are just plain wrong.

I was referring more to plastics and metals, in the last post.

The only reason I brought it up is because of the insinuation that Gore's books were bad for the environment, and really, they don't necessarily hafata be.

Angel Heart
07-30-2007, 11:32 PM
I think we are on the same page there. I'm sick of tree products when it comes to recycling. It's cheaper and healthier for our environment to grow and cut down more trees. The metals, plastics, and other nonrenewable resources, should be recycled as much as possible to make it last as long as possible.

red states rule
07-31-2007, 04:24 AM
Al Gore to Deliver Postcards to Capitol Hill

By: Josephine Hearn
March 19, 2007 05:24 PM EST

Al Gore has assumed many roles in his time in the public eye: Congressman, senator, vice president, documentary film maker – and now, mail carrier.

Gore is planning to "fill that committee room" with as many as 500,000 postcards "demanding real action on global warming" when he testifies Wednesday before the House Energy and Commerce Committee.

"I know from personal experience that the only thing that will make Washington really take notice and do something to solve the climate crisis is the prospect of millions of committed citizens taking action," Gore said on his Web site.

All those postcards will likely take up a lot of space in the waiting-list-only committee room.

If four postcards can fit on one 8.5- by-11 inch sheet, Gore will haul with him the equivalent of 250 reams of paper. That's before you take into account that postcards are printed on heavier paper, according to the U.S. Postal Service Web site. So, the Gore reams would be noticeably thicker than average copier paper.

And with so much pulp speeding its way to the Rayburn Building, you might be wondering how many trees would be sacrificed in this fight against global warming.

And Gore spokeswoman Kalee Kreider was ready with an answer.

"The messages are all being printed on recycled paper," she said via e-mail.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0307/3195.html

Al is the gift that keeps on giving

red states rule
07-31-2007, 04:25 AM
Hypocrisy Update: Al Gore’s Home Uses 20 Times the Energy of Average American’s
By Noel Sheppard | February 26, 2007 - 23:14 ET
In another classic example of liberals telling Americans to “Do As I Say, Not As I Do,” Dr. Global Warming Himself, aka Al Gore, has been identified by the Tennessee Center for Policy Research as talking a good game about energy conservation while not walking the walk.

In a press release published Monday just hours after the conclusion of the Academy Awards, the “independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization” reported (emphasis mine throughout, h/t Drudge): “Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.”

The release marvelously continued: “Gore’s mansion, located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES)."

Lest we not forget that in his celluloid tribute to junk science, “the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.”

As a frame of reference, “[t]he average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy.”

By contrast, in 2006, Dr. Global Warming “devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.”

The release elaborated:

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Yet, the really delicious hypocrisy was still to come: “Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.”

Isn’t that just ducky? This charlatan goes around the world telling people that they need to conserve energy to save the planet, and his consumption increased by almost 14 percent.

What a crock! As a result, the press release aptly concluded:

“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk the walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.

In the immortal words of Our Gang’s Farina, you said a mouthful.

http://newsbusters.org/node/11073