PDA

View Full Version : Petition for CA to Vote for removal from the USA.

Elessar
11-23-2016, 07:54 PM
This is silly.

They are asking to send their petition to the U.N.?

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/11/22/california-secessionists-file-2018-ballot-proposal-split-united-states-america

Stupid, just stupid. The U.N. has nothing to do with business inside our borders.

aboutime
11-23-2016, 08:29 PM
I personally believe it's a great idea. Let them call themselves their own country. Let them separate from the USA. Great way for TRUMP to build another wall.
If the people of CA want to be on their own. I say go for it.
After all. California has the nation's largest farming communities, and they sell their products to the rest of the USA. So...they either go broke by trying to charge TOO MUCH, or they become dependent on FOREIGN AID from the USA, in order to support their people, maintain welfare, and of course, Hollywood. Where all of their politicians come from. Then, they would need to pay for DEFENSE protection from Washington, because the PENTAGON wouldn't keep bases where they are not WELCOME, or WANTED.
If they want to go to the U.N. as a foreign nation. They will need to PAY for all of the services they formerly got automatically from WASHINGTON, D.C.
Not to mention...gabby would need to give up her US citizenship, and the Democrats wouldn't have the largest number of ELECTORAL COLLEGE votes anymore. They'd need to elect C. West as their star president, with Leonardo DeCaprio, and George Clooney as the cabinet members with the biggest fan clubs to elect them.

GO FOR IT CALIFORNIA. YOU NEED TO BE ON YOUR OWN, AWAY FROM FREEDOM, RIGHTS, LIBERTIES, and the U.S. Constitution that will no longer prevent your crime rates from climbing. And...just to let you know. I WILL NOT GIVE PERMISSION for anyone to GIVE, LEND, or TRADE U.S. Dollars with any of you. ENJOY!

Elessar
11-23-2016, 10:45 PM
I personally believe it's a great idea. Let them call themselves their own country. Let them separate from the USA. Great way for TRUMP to build another wall.
If the people of CA want to be on their own. I say go for it.
After all. California has the nation's largest farming communities, and they sell their products to the rest of the USA. So...they either go broke by trying to charge TOO MUCH, or they become dependent on FOREIGN AID from the USA, in order to support their people, maintain welfare, and of course, Hollywood. Where all of their politicians come from. Then, they would need to pay for DEFENSE protection from Washington, because the PENTAGON wouldn't keep bases where they are not WELCOME, or WANTED.
If they want to go to the U.N. as a foreign nation. They will need to PAY for all of the services they formerly got automatically from WASHINGTON, D.C.
Not to mention...gabby would need to give up her US citizenship, and the Democrats wouldn't have the largest number of ELECTORAL COLLEGE votes anymore. They'd need to elect C. West as their star president, with Leonardo DeCaprio, and George Clooney as the cabinet members with the biggest fan clubs to elect them.

GO FOR IT CALIFORNIA. YOU NEED TO BE ON YOUR OWN, AWAY FROM FREEDOM, RIGHTS, LIBERTIES, and the U.S. Constitution that will no longer prevent your crime rates from climbing. And...just to let you know. I WILL NOT GIVE PERMISSION for anyone to GIVE, LEND, or TRADE U.S. Dollars with any of you. ENJOY!

You make too much sense!:beer:

CSM
11-24-2016, 06:41 AM
Interesting. I wonder where they would get their water. How about electric power...not sure they have the capacity to generate all they need in the state. Of course, they would have open borders so no worries there about security. Trade might be an issue; lots of treaties to negotiate. Of course, current federal funding wouldn't matter since they have been subsidizing the rest of the US (so they say).

I think this is a GREAT idea...let them go....it would benefit all....lol

jimnyc
11-24-2016, 04:38 PM
This is actually fantastic!! Where do I go to sign to get rid of them?

aboutime
11-24-2016, 04:41 PM
This is actually fantastic!! Where do I go to sign to get rid of them?

Maybe we can go to all of the TRUMP supporters with a Petition, and those uninformed, beach bums in CA who would sign anything...just to sound smart?:slap:

Gunny
11-24-2016, 04:54 PM
Interesting. I wonder where they would get their water. How about electric power...not sure they have the capacity to generate all they need in the state. Of course, they would have open borders so no worries there about security. Trade might be an issue; lots of treaties to negotiate. Of course, current federal funding wouldn't matter since they have been subsidizing the rest of the US (so they say).

I think this is a GREAT idea...let them go....it would benefit all....lol

The US Supreme Court ruled in Texas v White 1868 that states do not have a right to secede. It was a technical CPY for the US after just having denied the Southern states that very right by use of force. The field version: it stemmed from White trying to sue Tx for back wages he felt was owed him for service in US court. The SC ruled that he was not entitled to such wages because Tx had no right to secede. THAT is what our entire Constitution has to say about secession.

As far as I'n concerned, CA can go. Nothing but drag on our economy and harbor probably half our illegals. Forget that open borders crap though. Their illegals will just come here. We can pay for the wall with all the handout money we won't be giving the place.

NightTrain
11-24-2016, 04:55 PM
I'll sign that petition.

For once the moonbats have a good idea going... I guess even a blind pig finds a truffle now and then.

Gunny
11-24-2016, 05:01 PM
I'll sign that petition.

For once the moonbats have a good idea going... I guess even a blind pig finds a truffle now and then.

I've had a better idea since the 80s and it would solve the ME crisis. Give CA to Israel as their very own country. They already own Hollywood and seem rather adept at clearing "undesirables" off their land. :)

NightTrain
11-24-2016, 05:08 PM
I've had a better idea since the 80s and it would solve the ME crisis. Give CA to Israel as their very own country. They already own Hollywood and seem rather adept at clearing "undesirables" off their land. :)

Well, that idea's got a real big downside, though... they'll build a wall and we'll be stuck with all the idiots again. Pretty soon we'd have to give away Oregon, Nevada and Arizona.

Unless..... the CA gift would mandate that we ship overseas all our current rejects to Israel? Then the Arabs would take them over and have free labor for the next few generations. There's no downside to that plan!

aboutime
11-24-2016, 05:12 PM

Think about it Gunny, and everyone else. IF California could leave the USA.

"Nobody would notice it!" And, Washington D.C. could declare another National Holiday to celebrate. Relieving the tax paying citizens of the remaining 49 states of any burdens when California Finally Slides into the Pacific...and they have to ask Washington for help.
We could then demand that CONGRESS only give California LOANS, that require repayment, with a LIBERAL 50% Interest Rate, Compounded Monthly.

I'm willing to sign the petition. Let's ask gabby to SEND US A COPY???

Gunny
11-24-2016, 05:32 PM
Well, that idea's got a real big downside, though... they'll build a wall and we'll be stuck with all the idiots again. Pretty soon we'd have to give away Oregon, Nevada and Arizona.

Unless..... the CA gift would mandate that we ship overseas all our current rejects to Israel? Then the Arabs would take them over and have free labor for the next few generations. There's no downside to that plan!I've been for shipping our rejects to Iraq for quite awhile. The Dems better hope I never become President.:laugh:

revelarts
11-24-2016, 05:36 PM
have to love the idea that some on the left are beginning to think states rights mean something.

Gunny
11-25-2016, 09:57 AM
have to love the idea that some on the left are beginning to think states rights mean something.They can find all kind of stuff when it suits them. Their version is usually as convoluted as anything else they come up with.

aboutime
11-25-2016, 07:08 PM
have to love the idea that some on the left are beginning to think states rights mean something.

rev. In theory, you may be right. But in California's case. If they are NO LONGER a U.S. State....if their people could secede from the UNION. States Rights go out the Window.

crin63
11-30-2016, 11:00 AM
Visiting this Fantasyland thread has been fun.

You all are as culpable as Californians. The Conservatives that are in California have needed friends and allies for decades but all we get is disdain from the rest of you superior statesmen because we still live here. Like "Let California Burn" instead of how can we help or that's tragic.

I frequent firearms websites that tout their love of freedom but won't sell to California even when it's legal to do so. Yeah, that's helpful and right friendly.

CSM
11-30-2016, 11:03 AM
Visiting this Fantasyland thread has been fun.

You all are as culpable as Californians. The Conservatives that are in California have needed friends and allies for decades but all we get is disdain from the rest of you superior statesmen because we still live here. Like "Let California Burn" instead of how can we help or that's tragic.

I frequent firearms websites that tout their love of freedom but won't sell to California even when it's legal to do so. Yeah, that's helpful and right friendly.

I suspect that firearms manufacturers so not want to open themselves to any possible legal actions that could result, even indirectly, from the state or residents. You point about conservatives living in California is well taken.... though I was beginning to believe that conservative Californians were in the same category as unicorns....

crin63
11-30-2016, 11:14 AM
I suspect that firearms manufacturers so not want to open themselves to any possible legal actions that could result, even indirectly, from the state or residents. You point about conservatives living in California is well taken.... though I was beginning to believe that conservative Californians were in the same category as unicorns....

Conservatives have become overwhelmed in the state obviously. I have dozens of Conservative / Libertarian friends and acquaintances here but we have no help from outside so our battles are grassroots. We are the only resistance in this state. Our rights are being eroded daily but all we here is let it burn.

I was told by some firearms suppliers that they didn't care if it was legal or not that California could go pound sand.

If I walk into a gun shop in another state and say I'm from California the people frequently won't acknowledge me. They get all uppity. If I say I'm from behind enemy lines in California then they're ok with me. What a bunch of idiots. If I were a Liberal walking into a gun shop they just blew the best opportunity to make a difference.

Gunny
11-30-2016, 11:34 AM
Conservatives have become overwhelmed in the state obviously. I have dozens of Conservative / Libertarian friends and acquaintances here but we have no help from outside so our battles are grassroots. We are the only resistance in this state. Our rights are being eroded daily but all we here is let it burn.

I was told by some firearms suppliers that they didn't care if it was legal or not that California could go pound sand.

If I walk into a gun shop in another state and say I'm from California the people frequently won't acknowledge me. They get all uppity. If I say I'm from behind enemy lines in California then they're ok with me. What a bunch of idiots. If I were a Liberal walking into a gun shop they just blew the best opportunity to make a difference.

Hear ya. Try being a Texan in CA. Lucky for me I lived in the desert. Sam rules don't apply as on the coast. I got the same stand-offish crap initially.

It's a shame.

OAK
11-30-2016, 11:37 AM
Won't be long before the CA demographics favor seceding from the USA and joining Mexico.
:bye1:

crin63
11-30-2016, 12:03 PM
Hear ya. Try being a Texan in CA. Lucky for me I lived in the desert. Sam rules don't apply as on the coast. I got the same stand-offish crap initially.

It's a shame.

I've been to 20 - 30 gun shops in Texas and I go into every pawn shop I see. I was overwhelmingly treated like I was diseased if I spoke with folks.

In Oregon I had some guy pick a fight with me after his girlfriend's truck door dented my rental car. He was all cool about it until we traded insurance info and saw I was from California, then he started getting aggressive.

Black Diamond
11-30-2016, 01:01 PM
I've been to 20 - 30 gun shops in Texas and I go into every pawn shop I see. I was overwhelmingly treated like I was diseased if I spoke with folks.

In Oregon I had some guy pick a fight with me after his girlfriend's truck door dented my rental car. He was all cool about it until we traded insurance info and saw I was from California, then he started getting aggressive.

How many people know merle haggard was from Bakersfield

Gunny
11-30-2016, 01:23 PM

In Oregon I had some guy pick a fight with me after his girlfriend's truck door dented my rental car. He was all cool about it until we traded insurance info and saw I was from California, then he started getting aggressive.Come with me next time. Same shops for 30 years. Meet you up with some good ol' boys.

People judge others on blindness. A lot of so-called Texans have a hair up their asses just because they can claim to be a Texan. I apologize for such trash. We aren't taught that way.

NightTrain
11-30-2016, 01:23 PM
How many people know merle haggard was from Bakersfield

I worked with a guy who used to do drugs with Merle years ago in CA, I can't remember the name of his hometown. The cops started coming for that group, Merle threw my coworker under the bus and he fled here to AK. He didn't like Merle much.

NightTrain
11-30-2016, 01:27 PM

I know there's good people in CA, Crin. My step dad is from San Diego and I have friends there.

You decent guys do get lumped in with your loonies, but you have to admit it seems like you have more than your fair share.

OAK
11-30-2016, 02:20 PM

In Oregon I had some guy pick a fight with me after his girlfriend's truck door dented my rental car. He was all cool about it until we traded insurance info and saw I was from California, then he started getting aggressive.Did you ever consider.....maybe its you. Just saying. :dunno:

aboutime
11-30-2016, 02:46 PM
I STILL believe we should allow CA to secede, and take Nancy Pelosi with them. It would finally take ANY power she THOUGHT she had in Congress away. And make Washington, D.C. and CONGRESS a better place to visit, and get things done.

We got rid of HARRY REID. So, why keep NANCY around?

If I could. I would sign the petition for them too!

crin63
11-30-2016, 05:00 PM
Did you ever consider.....maybe its you. Just saying. :dunno:

I've tested that theory. If I just say I'm from California they treat like I'm diseased. If I say I'm from Communist California or from behind enemy lines in California then they are cool with me. So long as I berate California in my opening greeting we're all good.

crin63
11-30-2016, 05:04 PM
I know there's good people in CA, Crin. My step dad is from San Diego and I have friends there.

You decent guys do get lumped in with your loonies, but you have to admit it seems like you have more than your fair share.

It's for certain we have more than our share of crazies. No doubt about that. I hate the politics of this state but this is my home. 3rd generation born in Southern California. Great grandfather came from Holyoke Massachusetts late 1800's or early 1900's.