PDA

View Full Version : Lets celebrate this thanksgiving by...

Noir
11-24-2016, 12:54 PM
Giving the people of Standing Rock the time-share of our thoughts that they deserve, y'all with me?

NightTrain
11-24-2016, 01:00 PM
Giving the people of Standing Rock the time-share of our thoughts that they deserve, y'all with me?

Instead, we're going to have 2 turkeys and a ham. We're doing our part to take up your slack, Noir.

:salute:

jimnyc
11-24-2016, 01:08 PM

What's that?

Noir
11-24-2016, 01:09 PM
Instead, we're going to have 2 turkeys and a ham. We're doing our part to take up your slack, Noir.

You've got a lot of slack to pick up, better increase that order by a lot.
And yeah it'd probably put a dampener on your thanksgiving to focus on the Native Americans, can't be having that.

Noir
11-24-2016, 01:12 PM
What's that?

Speaks volumes that someone who's connected and interested in news/current events hasn't even picked up on it - Media coverage has been poor.
Standing Rock - North Dekota Pipeline has been ongoing for a while now, please use your fav news source to find out more (:

NightTrain
11-24-2016, 01:28 PM
Speaks volumes that someone who's connected and interested in news/current events hasn't even picked up on it - Media coverage has been poor.
Standing Rock - North Dekota Pipeline has been ongoing for a while now, please use your fav news source to find out more (:

Your ignorance is amusing.

Research that a bit more before popping off like that. They're pissed because initially the pipeline was going to go through their reservation, but then they got greedy and tried to get more money.

So, the pipeline was rerouted outside of their reservation and now they don't get squat.

They were all about that pipeline as long as they got paid.
What do you think about your poor, downtrodden eco-heroes now, Noir? :salute:

Gunny
11-24-2016, 01:29 PM

Beef brisket, deep-fried turkey, and ham. Shuts everyone up and nobody eats the brisket but ME.

NightTrain
11-24-2016, 01:31 PM
Beef brisket, deep-fried turkey, and ham. Shuts everyone up and nobody eats the brisket but ME.

What, no veal?

That's going to cost you 2 man-points. :slap:

Gunny
11-24-2016, 01:40 PM
What, no veal?

That's going to cost you 2 man-points. :slap:

The daughter said don't give me any ideas.:laugh:

jimnyc
11-24-2016, 01:46 PM

Can't spell "Dakota" - are you reading kids newspapers to get your news?

I live nearly 3,000 miles away from there, and NO, it's not something I've seen at all in the daily news, anywhere.

But if it's for more idiots complaining and protesting - fuck 'em, hope they starve for thanksgiving.

jimnyc
11-24-2016, 01:50 PM

Send the worlds largest Komatsu on through and crush anything in the way. :coffee:

Noir
11-24-2016, 01:55 PM

Research that a bit more before popping off like that. They're pissed because initially the pipeline was going to go through their reservation, but then they got greedy and tried to get more money.

So, the pipeline was rerouted outside of their reservation and now they don't get squat.

That's a real scoop, you should source it!

jimnyc
11-24-2016, 01:56 PM

You didn't expect the "truth" to make a difference to a liberal, did you? That's amusing. :)

Elessar
11-24-2016, 02:06 PM
Leave it to a foreign liberal to put a damper on a peaceful holiday.

Noir
11-24-2016, 02:14 PM
Leave it to a foreign liberal to put a damper on a peaceful holiday.

How do you non-lefties say it...ah yes 'Go to your safe space'.

jimnyc
11-24-2016, 02:19 PM
"More pipelines - less idiots"

Anyone read about the dipshit that got her arm lopped off the other day? Good things she refused to leave, and the protesters apparently made their own little IED of sorts, and she paid the price. Now they want to rant at the police! LOL

NightTrain
11-24-2016, 02:36 PM
"More pipelines - less idiots"

Anyone read about the dipshit that got her arm lopped off the other day? Good things she refused to leave, and the protesters apparently made their own little IED of sorts, and she paid the price. Now they want to rant at the police! LOL

Why, yes, I did hear about that!

Also, in the Good News category... a bunch of the idiots got firehosed in subfreezing temps. Gotta wonder if that put a damper on the rioting fun they were having. :thumb:

jimnyc
11-24-2016, 02:38 PM
Why, yes, I did hear about that!

Also, in the Good News category... a bunch of the idiots got firehosed in subfreezing temps. Gotta wonder if that put a damper on the rioting fun they were having. :thumb:

Frozen idiots!! :thumb:

NightTrain
11-24-2016, 02:40 PM

"It's never too cold to firehose hippies."

- Benjamin Franklin

Kathianne
11-24-2016, 03:45 PM
I'd eat all 3! Love brisket, but love turkey too!

Kathianne
11-24-2016, 03:47 PM
Can't spell "Dakota" - are you reading kids newspapers to get your news?

I live nearly 3,000 miles away from there, and NO, it's not something I've seen at all in the daily news, anywhere.

But if it's for more idiots complaining and protesting - fuck 'em, hope they starve for thanksgiving.

I know you know it. Protest in bad weather, often turning violent. They've burned all sorts of equipment. The other day the demonstrators were throwing rocks and such, police opened with tear gas and you should have heard the howls!

Kathianne
11-24-2016, 03:48 PM
That's a real scoop, you should source it!

It's true, Noir. Now they are talking about 'water' from the Missouri, but there are already 5 pipelines under it. It was about money.

hjmick
11-24-2016, 03:49 PM

I suggest you seek more than one source for your news, your abject ignorance of the situation in North Dakota speaks volumes about your choice of news sites. And no, I will not do your homework for you. Do your own search and try reading more than one perspective on the story. Now sod off you arrogant little tosser.

hjmick
11-24-2016, 03:50 PM
It's true, Noir. Now they are talking about 'water' from the Missouri, but there are already 5 pipelines under it. It was about money.

And it doesn't even cross tribal lands, it's all on private properties.

NightTrain
11-24-2016, 04:01 PM
Now sod off you arrogant little tosser.

Blimey! Good show, old boy!

aboutime
11-24-2016, 04:34 PM

NOIR. Are you sure you aren't a paying member of the DNC here in the USA?
First of all. Where you are, there is no celebration of OUR THANKSGIVING. So, you are like an Uninvited guest, coming to our door, putting a burning, brown-bag of dog poop on our step...then ringing the bell as you run...like a coward, to avoid being caught.

We call that TROUBLE MAKERS here. And that's what you are trying to do, so Liberally, like our Demoralized Democrat, Leftists who are having trouble obeying the law.
For your information. We all know what is happening in North DAKOTA. But you, at least should learn to SPELL before your intimidation arrives here.

Elessar
11-24-2016, 04:47 PM

Learn your audience, little fella.

I am part Seneca Indian.

aboutime
11-24-2016, 05:07 PM

Noir. WE NON-LEFTIES don't need a safe space. We have things called LAWS, and the U.S. Constitution, that supersedes any Liberal Safe Space, Comfort Zone, SAFETY PIN.

Gunny
11-24-2016, 05:48 PM
I'd eat all 3! Love brisket, but love turkey too!

I'm not real keen on bird. I'll eat the turkey once or twice a year just to not be "that guy".:laugh:

Abbey Marie
11-24-2016, 05:52 PM
What's that?

I'm sure you know, it's the cause du jour for unhappy liberals. They don't think we have a right to enjoy our holiday, because those poor Natives are protesting. Is there any tradition these folks can't try to turn into a miserable thing?

Life in these United States these days is like one continuous boy who cried wolf.

Abbey Marie
11-24-2016, 05:55 PM

Pipe-sicles?

Gunny
11-24-2016, 05:55 PM
I'm sure you know, it's the cause du jour for unhappy liberals. They don't think we have a right to enjoy our holiday, because those poor Natives are protesting. Is there any tradition these folks can't try to turn into a miserable thing?

Life in these United States these days is like one continuous boy who cried wolf.

Not me. Life ain't perfect but I'm just glad to be here. :)

Abbey Marie
11-24-2016, 06:04 PM
So, speaking of country-specific holidays, @Noir (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=517) , our local Brit Pub does a Guy Fawkes Day, and this year the effigy they burned was of Heather Bresch, the CEO of Mylan, the company that raised the price of Epipens.

How does the UK handle this? Is there a national person chosen and officially burned, or does everyone just do their own thing? Who would you choose?

Noir
11-24-2016, 06:39 PM
So, speaking of country-specific holidays, @Noir (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=517) , our local Brit Pub does a Guy Fawkes Day, and this year the effigy they burned was of Heather Bresch, the CEO of Mylan, the company who raised the price of Epipens.

How does the UK handle this? Is there a national person chosen and officially burned, or does everyone just do their own thing? Who would you choose?

It Northern Ireland it depends on whether you're a Protestant or Catholic.
Most proestant bonfires will have the pope and/or Irish flags atop them.
Most Catholic bonfires will have king William of Orange and/or Union flags atop them.
Also we go *big* with our bonfires, they're considered very serious business indeed, much more so than in England.

Noir
11-24-2016, 06:42 PM
Lots of cry, not much link.
One of the links on my other device has a story with the company behind the pipeline saying no other routes for the pipes had been seriously considered or proposed, which would be at odds with what you guys are saying. Why would the company lie about that?

Drummond
11-24-2016, 06:43 PM
Blimey! Good show, old boy!

Stone the crows, Guv ... :rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
11-24-2016, 06:45 PM
Most Catholic bonfires will have king William of Orange and/or Union flags atop them.
Also we go *big* with our bonfires, they're considered very serious business indeed, much more so than in England.

Thanks! So generally, no modern day political choices? Love the UK for many things, but your appreciation and knowledge of history is right up there. :thumb:

Drummond
11-24-2016, 06:50 PM

Not sure one way or the other about whether our bonfires are as big, or bigger, than yours in N Ireland, Noir. But we do put on some impressive displays of fireworks along with ours, Noir.

I may defer to you on this one. When it comes to destructive fire displays, bombs and the like .. well, the IRA were past-masters at that sort of thing.

Abbey Marie
11-24-2016, 06:52 PM
Hey @Drummond (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2287), how about in England and Wales? Who are some typical choices for the effigy?

Noir
11-24-2016, 06:52 PM
Thanks! So generally, no modern day political choices? Love the UK for many things, but your appreciation and knowledge of history is right up there. :thumb:

There are some with the likes of IRA leaders / terrorists, I recall the year Thatcher died her image was put on a few, but in general Pope and King William are safe bets.

Example images of NI bonfires, how'd they compare to your pubs?
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9501&stc=1http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9502&stc=1

Abbey Marie
11-24-2016, 06:54 PM
There are some with the likes of IRA leaders / terrorists, I recall the year Thatcher died her image was put on a few, but in general Pope and King William are safe bets.

Example images of NI bonfires, how'd they compare to your pubs?
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9501&stc=1http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9502&stc=1

lol, our county would never allow such a thing. Wow!

Kathianne
11-24-2016, 11:22 PM

IL prohibits outdoor burnings! Bad for the environment. Silly Europeans. LOL!

Noir
11-25-2016, 06:40 AM

IL prohibits outdoor burnings! Bad for the environment. Silly Europeans. LOL!

There'd be riots here if someone tried to take away the right to burn massive piles of wood that destroy the roads they're built on, occasionally burn down nearby houses etc.

The most the local government have done for the environment is award local community's money for not putting car tyres in the bonfires, many will ignore that cash incentive however in favour of throwing them on anyways.

Drummond
11-25-2016, 07:20 AM
Hey @Drummond (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2287), how about in England and Wales? Who are some typical choices for the effigy?

It's been a very long time since I've been to a firework display, to find out ! Many years ago, I did hear stories about how effigies of Margaret Thatcher were used (I always preferred not to believe them ... suggest you consult Balu for advice on the psychological background to such a manner of thinking !).

I'm sorry to say that, as this report shows, effigies of Donald Trump were used (.. and others ..). But then again, our press were nothing if not vicious in their put-downs of him, in the run-up to the election.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3908070/Believe-best-bonfires-best-Britain-gets-ready-Bonfire-Night-Guy-wants-burn-tonight-DONALD-TRUMP.html

Tens of thousands of revellers watched as Donald Trump went up in flames tonight as effigies of the presidential hopeful were torched in firework celebrations.

Two Trump figures were set alight in Lewes, at the culmination of its annual fireworks event as well as another 36-ft effigy at Edenbridge in Kent - complete with the severed head of his rival Hillary Clinton in a headlock as he sported a pair of Mexico-themed boxer shorts.

Other effigies which went up in flames in Lewes included Theresa May, Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage and David Cameron.

Abbey Marie
11-25-2016, 11:15 AM
So, I guess we can conclude that generally, starting fires in England is a liberal thing. Just like our inner cities.

:coffee:

NightTrain
11-25-2016, 11:42 AM
What about those poor trees?

And all that carbon released into the atmosphere, adding to global warming?

Was there a environmental impact study done before the inferno was ignited? If not, why not?

Were there any small animals making their home in there before it was lit? How many were needlessly killed by this irresponsible act?

Noir
11-25-2016, 11:52 AM
What about those poor trees?

And all that carbon released into the atmosphere, adding to global warming?

Was there a environmental impact study done before the inferno was ignited? If not, why not?

Were there any small animals making their home in there before it was lit? How many were needlessly killed by this irresponsible act?

You tell 'em, these people are mostly idiots who just want to set big fires regardless of any sense or reason.

NightTrain
11-25-2016, 11:54 AM
You tell 'em, these people are mostly idiots who just want to set big fires regardless of any sense or reason.

Where were your liberals / greenies to protest this?

Let me guess... they were the ones holding the lighters.

Noir
11-25-2016, 12:05 PM
Where were your liberals / greenies to protest this?

Let me guess... they were the ones holding the lighters.

Guess again.

NightTrain
11-25-2016, 12:16 PM
Guess again.

Really? Conservatives were burning Trump effigies?

You guys have a weird way of showing support.

Noir
11-25-2016, 12:18 PM
Really? Conservatives were burning Trump effigies?

You guys have a weird way of showing support.

Maybe in England.
Northern Ireland - Different country, different situation.

Gunny
11-25-2016, 12:20 PM
Maybe in England.

Now just how does that argument work for YOU, but not us when we try telling you the exact same thing?

Abbey Marie
11-25-2016, 03:20 PM
Noir, I'm sorry for bringing politics into it. I just wanted to know what it's like there, and you and Drummond were kind enough to tell me.

:thumb:

NightTrain
11-25-2016, 03:26 PM
Maybe in England.

So in Northern Ireland, it's the conservatives burning effigies?

Noir
11-25-2016, 03:45 PM

Yes.

jimnyc
11-25-2016, 04:30 PM

Funny how they do whatever over there, as if any of us give a flying rats ass about them in the slightest. Cute that they think of us though. :rolleyes:

Noir
11-25-2016, 05:16 PM
Funny how they do whatever over there, as if any of us give a flying rats ass about them in the slightest. Cute that they think of us though. :rolleyes:

Plenty of you care enough when you're desperately clawing at your *irish heritage*.

jimnyc
11-25-2016, 05:21 PM
Plenty of you care enough when you're desperately clawing at your *irish heritage*.

I know plenty, never heard a single one ONCE ever mention northern ireland. Most couldn't care less in the slightest about your area. Just sayin'

Noir
11-25-2016, 06:23 PM
I know plenty, never heard a single one ONCE ever mention northern ireland. Most couldn't care less in the slightest about your area. Just sayin'

Northern Ireland tends to get erased do to ignorance, so that's not a surprise, even most folks in England fail to distinguish Ireland and Northern Ireland.
The number of times I've heard Americans say "Belfast, Ireland" is sadly amusing.

Black Diamond
11-25-2016, 06:26 PM
Northern Ireland is part of the UK. Ireland is not.

So....

Belfast, UK.

Noir
11-25-2016, 06:33 PM
Northern Ireland is part of the UK. Ireland is not.

So....

Belfast, UK.

:clap::clap::clap:
Tell all your friends.

jimnyc
11-25-2016, 06:44 PM
Northern Ireland tends to get erased do to ignorance, so that's not a surprise, even most folks in England fail to distinguish Ireland and Northern Ireland.
The number of times I've heard Americans say "Belfast, Ireland" is sadly amusing.

It's not erased and certainly no ignorance. Folks know where northern ireland is - but most don't give a shit. What should I do, burn one of your leaders in effigy? You equate not giving a shit with ignorance, and you're wrong.

Again, it's cute that you guys care enough about our country to the extent that it reaches levels of anger, or the desire for so many to move to America - but you pretty much don't see the same the other way around. American's for the most part, simply don't give a shit who you elect, and you won't find many here burning things in regards to other countries.

Then again, when you are the greatest country on earth and the most powerful...

Noir
11-25-2016, 06:55 PM
It's not erased and certainly no ignorance. Folks know where northern ireland is - but most don't give a shit. What should I do, burn one of your leaders in effigy? You equate not giving a shit with ignorance, and you're wrong.

Again, it's cute that you guys care enough about our country to the extent that it reaches levels of anger, or the desire for so many to move to America - but you pretty much don't see the same the other way around. American's for the most part, simply don't give a shit who you elect, and you won't find many here burning things in regards to other countries.

Then again, when you are the greatest country on earth and the most powerful...

:laugh:
Sometimes Americans are just too American for your own good.

jimnyc
11-25-2016, 07:03 PM

Well, I'm glad that folks from other countries sit around and wonder and obsess about Americans so much, because we sure as shit don't do it in return. It's a nice reminder about how great of a country we truly have over here.

aboutime
11-25-2016, 07:04 PM

And sometimes. People like NOIR are so blinded by hatred for America, and Americans. They fail to recognize how jealous they are that their FREEDOMS, RIGHTS, AND LIBERTIES are run by the government that forbids them from having the same AMERICAN Freedoms, Rights, and Liberties.

I know, because I have been in many nations in Europe over the years. And NOT ONCE, did I ever wish I could become a French, Italian, German, Swiss, Danish, Greek, Turkish, or Egyptian. I was always proud to be an American...knowing I would be going home to enjoy the FREEDOMS, RIGHTS, and LIBERTIES I could never find anywhere in Europe.

So, Noir. IF you think we are just too American for you. PLEASE...STAY THERE.

jimnyc
11-25-2016, 07:08 PM
I know, because I have been in many nations in Europe over the years. And NOT ONCE, did I ever wish I could become a French, Italian, German, Swiss, Danish, Greek, Turkish, or Egyptian. I was always proud to be an American...knowing I would be going home to enjoy the FREEDOMS, RIGHTS, and LIBERTIES I could never find anywhere in Europe.

:clap::clap:

EVERYONE should feel as much about their home countries. Only some don't for whatever reason, and some simply can't come even remotely close in saying the same, as they don't have the freedoms we have. :saluting2:

aboutime
11-25-2016, 08:15 PM
:clap::clap:

EVERYONE should feel as much about their home countries. Only some don't for whatever reason, and some simply can't come even remotely close in saying the same, as they don't have the freedoms we have. :saluting2:

jim. Speaking personally after all my time in uniform, 2 wars, and dozens of navy deployments all over the place. The one thing you will always hear from any veteran, or active duty Soldier, Sailor, Marine, Airman, or Coastie is....
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME."

Too bad we can't compel Young Americans to spend at least a month in one of the European countries when they finish High School..(not college). They would quickly learn how great they had it back in the States, where all the comforts they were raised with exist...rather than being squeezed into one room apartments, often, running water, infrequent heat, or cooling, no electricity, shortages of food, water, and even toilet paper bigger than one square at a time. Not to mention....no showers, running water for a bath.
UNLESS of course. They can afford to live for a month in a 5 Star Hotel with room service?
Americans today, have NO IDEA how good they have it...until the power goes off!

Drummond
11-26-2016, 05:52 AM
So, I guess we can conclude that generally, starting fires in England is a liberal thing. Just like our inner cities.

:coffee:

Well, it certainly fits in with their destructive political standpoints !

Drummond
11-26-2016, 06:01 AM
jim. Speaking personally after all my time in uniform, 2 wars, and dozens of navy deployments all over the place. The one thing you will always hear from any veteran, or active duty Soldier, Sailor, Marine, Airman, or Coastie is....
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME."

Too bad we can't compel Young Americans to spend at least a month in one of the European countries when they finish High School..(not college). They would quickly learn how great they had it back in the States, where all the comforts they were raised with exist...rather than being squeezed into one room apartments, often, running water, infrequent heat, or cooling, no electricity, shortages of food, water, and even toilet paper bigger than one square at a time. Not to mention....no showers, running water for a bath.
UNLESS of course. They can afford to live for a month in a 5 Star Hotel with room service?
Americans today, have NO IDEA how good they have it...until the power goes off!

I recommend to any Leftie viewing this ... come and visit the UK. Especially one location here ....

I suggested this to Gabby quite some time ago ... and strangely, she didn't take me up on the challenge. So I'm re-issuing the challenge to ANY Leftie who wants to check this out.

Visit ... Tottenham (Haringey) ... north London. That London borough has voted in Left-wing councils for several DECADES, continually, without a break. SO ... if anywhere's had the opportunity to build and maintain a 'Socialist paradise' ... you should find one in Tottenham. Yes ?

Time it right, and you can be assured of a very warm welcome !

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9503&stc=1

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9504&stc=1

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9505&stc=1

We're very good at bonfires ! Indeed ... it DOES seem to be a Leftie speciality ....... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Drummond
11-26-2016, 06:25 AM

Oh, I think you're exaggerating here, Noir.

Northern Ireland is very well known as such in England. Many of us still have memories of 'The Troubles'. Where else but in Northern Ireland would you have found, and witnessed, such a consistent and relentless terrorist campaign as the one mounted by the IRA, those decades ago ?

As an aside, I'm glad that opinion is not to care about our bonfire choices. This is as it should be. America - as I've long since said - is a great country, with little need to care about our political input. After all ... she's built her greatness on principles which diverge considerably from the more Leftie-oriented ones inflicted upon the UK .. and has made a great and inspiring success out of them.

The likes of Obama represented a dangerous aberration in an otherwise proud record. Under Trump, the US can find its way again.

I look forward to seeing that happen. The fact of it is, Noir & folks, that it's America which will show us, in the UK, the correct model for a dynamic and decent society. Not the other way around.

I'd like to think that our Lefties would take notice. Of course ... they won't ...

Noir
11-26-2016, 07:03 AM
Oh, I think you're exaggerating here, Noir.

Northern Ireland is very well known as such in England.

I rate my life experience as a better source than you, thanks.

Elessar
11-26-2016, 01:10 PM

Really? I am willing to bet he is twice your age and has experienced far more than you.

Noir
11-26-2016, 03:40 PM
Really? I am willing to bet he is twice your age and has experienced far more than you.

On the topic of peoples ignorence of Northern Ireland? I don't think so.
Hey Drummond how may people were you clarifying the difference between Northern and Southern Ireland today? My tally was 3 (2 Americans, 1 English).

aboutime
11-26-2016, 04:25 PM

OKAY Noir. I'll take you up on that challenge. What would you like to compare?

And, based on your statement above. Either you can provide proof of your claimed better source, or you can't.
If you cannot. Will you agree to pay all of my debts, medical bills, and living expenses for the rest of my life?

That is how sure I am...you can't, and won't.
So...the ball is in your court.
To everyone else reading this challenge. Remember. Noir claims to be smarter, more intelligent, and more experienced with life than I...almost 70 years old next Feb.
Let's hear it Noir.

P.S. Noir. My mother in law, nearly 97 years old, was born in Ireland. Can you also say you have more life experience than she? As a teenager..she lived, and survived Hitler's London Blitz, and lived in the Underground (what we call a subway) with her sisters for nearly 2 years. So...go and tell us, based on my own life experience with her, and my wife. How you can brag so much?

jimnyc
11-26-2016, 04:27 PM
On the topic of peoples ignorence of Northern Ireland? I don't think so.
Hey @Drummond (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2287) how may people were you clarifying the difference between Northern and Southern Ireland today? My tally was 3 (2 Americans, 1 English).

AGAIN you confuse ignorance with folks not giving a shit. You post and act as if folks even give a shit about the difference. IF I wanted to, I would study things and then run circles around you, but I simply don't give a crap AT ALL about where you live, so why waste my time? It makes extremely little sense for me to invest any time at all - about a place that I don't give a fuck about, will never in a million years ever visit, nor want to, and is 100% inconsequential to my life and the entire USA.

Noir
11-26-2016, 06:16 PM
AGAIN you confuse ignorance with folks not giving a shit. You post and act as if folks even give a shit about the difference. IF I wanted to, I would study things and then run circles around you, but I simply don't give a crap AT ALL about where you live, so why waste my time? It makes extremely little sense for me to invest any time at all - about a place that I don't give a fuck about, will never in a million years ever visit, nor want to, and is 100% inconsequential to my life and the entire USA.

Good, I get it, you don't care, feel free to not waste your time posting about how much you don't care.

jimnyc
11-26-2016, 06:36 PM
Good, I get it, you don't care, feel free to not waste your time posting about how much you don't care.

There's times that reminders are needed and other times not. But quite often you act as if you are better than others, and that the USA is so bad, or that so many of us are ignorant of things. It's times like that when I reach out with the 'reality stick' and beat you over the head with it.

Seems you don't care for reality.

Drummond
11-26-2016, 07:04 PM

I'm willing to bet you're exactly right, Elessar.

@Noir (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=517) ... In England, and other parts of the UK .. the Three Day Working Week. Inflation at TWENTY SIX percent, with a devaluation of £ sterling following. The Winter of Discontent. Margaret Thatcher's taking office in May 1979. Her defeating Scargill, in 1984, on the issue of the Miners Strike.

How much of all of this stinking Leftie vandalism, Noir, were you alive - as an adult - to witness ? I saw ALL OF IT.

And yes, I lost count of the number of bomb scares hoaxers were responsible for, in the days of the height of the IRA's terrorism in N Ireland .. AND over in England, too.

Here's one time when you speak without any authority at all to back you .. yet, I'm sure that doesn't concern you in the slightest. Leftie arrogance ... that's what it is, pure & simple, Noir.

Elessar
11-26-2016, 07:16 PM
I'm willing to bet you're exactly right, Elessar.

Here's one time when you speak without any authority at all to back you .. yet, I'm sure that doesn't concern you in the slightest. Leftie arrogance ... that's what it is, pure & simple, Noir.

Aye. An arrogant little leftist GIT.

I recall the acts of domestic terrorism by the IRA. It was all over the news.
Since I did not live it, I can little judge it. But I do remember it affected the
entire U.K.

Noir
11-27-2016, 10:24 AM
There's times that reminders are needed and other times not. But quite often you act as if you are better than others, and that the USA is so bad, or that so many of us are ignorant of things. It's times like that when I reach out with the 'reality stick' and beat you over the head with it.

Seems you don't care for reality.

Sure thing, please note the discussion that came from Abbeys post, vs yours.
*shrug*

jimnyc
11-27-2016, 12:25 PM
Sure thing, please note the discussion that came from Abbeys post, vs yours.
*shrug*

And yet you still act like you are better very often. You still act like all Americans are ignorant and you're better.

And sure, I'm the only one noticing your arrogance. :rolleyes:

Gunny
11-27-2016, 12:32 PM
And yet you still act like you are better very often. You still act like all Americans are ignorant and you're better.

True fan of his own hype. And DON'T try and have a sense of humor with him. The humor zooms right over and he finds some reason to take offense.

Noir
11-27-2016, 02:05 PM

You could "notice" any negative adjective about myself and it would be met here with rapturous applause.

Gunny
11-27-2016, 02:12 PM
You could "notice" any negative adjective about myself and it would be met here with rapturous applause.

Not true. Negativity is a direct result of your arrogance. Above you state you are the better judge of your life; yet, you choose to judge us, as a society, constantly. And your judgement of us is constantly negative.

Dialogue by its very definition is not a one-way event.

NightTrain
11-27-2016, 02:13 PM

That's not true, Noir.

You used to be reasonable, but these days you do have the unmistakable liberal bot programming of labeling everyone with a different opinion than yours as an illiterate, ignorant, bigoted, prejudiced dipshit. And that's not how you were.

The only thing I can think of is you're reading a lot of certified moonbat sites like DU or Moveon, or maybe a rabid moonbat girlfriend is influencing you or something, and you've come to believe that you've got all the correct answers.

I've watched your attitude devolve for a few years now but it's really taken shape just in the last 1-2 years and the reaction you're getting should have already outlined that for you. Just my observation, FWIW.

jimnyc
11-27-2016, 02:21 PM

Perhaps that may be true - but the fact is, you DO often act as if you are better than folks here. You do continually find ways to mock Americans. You do still continue to find ways to call us ignorant. These are facts, and weren't always true about you, or at least you didn't do such stuff all the time.

And no, there used to be MANY times you were applauded here for various reasons.

And I only "notice" things when you shove them forward. And other folks "notice" and point it out when I'm not even around.

jimnyc
11-27-2016, 02:25 PM
Not true. Negativity is a direct result of your arrogance. Above you state you are the better judge of your life; yet, you choose to judge us, as a society, constantly. And your judgement of us is constantly negative.

Dialogue by its very definition is not a one-way event.

Very well stated, better than myself.

That's not true, Noir.

You used to be reasonable, but these days you do have the unmistakable liberal bot programming of labeling everyone with a different opinion than yours as an illiterate, ignorant, bigoted, prejudiced dipshit. And that's not how you were.

The only thing I can think of is you're reading a lot of certified moonbat sites like DU or Moveon, or maybe a rabid moonbat girlfriend is influencing you or something, and you've come to believe that you've got all the correct answers.

I've watched your attitude devolve for a few years now but it's really taken shape just in the last 1-2 years and the reaction you're getting should have already outlined that for you. Just my observation, FWIW.

He's shown the liberal stuff always, but I never cared, as he was always cool in the manner in which he posted. He was never 100% arrogant and better than everyone.

I noticed it throughout this election season, which is odd, since it wasn't an election in NI. And now he has been posting just like other butt hurters since Trump won. Whatever the reason, I don't care, other than to respond and and correct things.

NightTrain
11-27-2016, 02:32 PM
He's shown the liberal stuff always, but I never cared, as he was always cool in the manner in which he posted. He was never 100% arrogant and better than everyone.

Exactly. He's always been left-leaning, but he still had the respect of most of us just like WiccanLiberal did because there wasn't that constant, smug snark going.

I noticed it throughout this election season, which is odd, since it wasn't an election in NI. And now he has been posting just like other butt hurters since Trump won. Whatever the reason, I don't care, other than to respond and and correct things.

Agreed. It really manifested during the campaign, and it doesn't really make sense since he had no dog in the fight anyway.

I suppose that people do change, and the old polite Noir has morphed into the new Moonbat Style Noir.