PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Shopping Today?

Kathianne
11-25-2016, 10:48 AM
No way am I going to the malls, but flipping through Amazon a bit!

Gunny
11-25-2016, 11:08 AM
No way am I going to the malls, but flipping through Amazon a bit!
Nah. People are heathens. I don't even remember last time I was in an actual mall. I think I was working in it. :)

I find trying to shop on the internet anymore as bad as going to the mall. Instead of dodging people you dodge pop-ups. I DID however save $100 a month on car insurance by switching to GEICO! (truth :) )

Abbey Marie
11-25-2016, 11:17 AM
I can't remember ever doing shopping in stores on black Friday. And these days, I am about an 80% on line shopper for everything. I mean, what can't you get on Amazon?

:cool:

Gunny
11-25-2016, 11:26 AM
I can't remember ever doing shopping in stores on black Friday. And these days, I am about an 80% on line shopper for everything. I mean, what can't you get on Amazon?

:cool:

A brake job.:laugh:

Noir
11-25-2016, 11:44 AM
Online - bought a chart of seasonal vegetables for the kitchen.
IRL - Looked about for any good deals on Sony 4K TVs, none to be found.

Elessar
11-25-2016, 03:45 PM
No way I will go close to a Mall or big box store for at least 5 days.

I cannot stand the pushing and shoving of crowds or the hostility.

Yesterday's Medford OR paper was an inch and a half thick.
Only two 8 page sections were news and sports. The rest was all
Black Friday or Tech Monday ads.:laugh:

I'll bet larger papers like the LA Times were a beast!

jimnyc
11-25-2016, 04:09 PM
People fighting over toilet paper, that was one of the headlines. Of course fights all over the nation, and a few shootings. WTF is wrong with some of these people?

I bought a bottle of water and a bag of Dorito's at the gas station, my big purchases of the day! You couldn't pay me enough to go out and shop in this crap. I hate lines to begin with, the lines that usually take 5 minutes or less, I'm an impatient bastard.

Black Diamond
11-25-2016, 04:11 PM
I remember someone was trampled to death at Walmart.

Abbey Marie
11-25-2016, 04:12 PM

As if! That is clearly Russ' department. :laugh2:

jimnyc
11-25-2016, 04:14 PM

Maybe not on Amazon, but there are mechanics you can find online to come to your home for repairs. Similar to the windshield repairs that will come to your home or job. For all us lazy bastards!! :)

Black Diamond
11-25-2016, 04:54 PM
All Fridays matter.

Gunny
11-25-2016, 06:49 PM
Maybe not on Amazon, but there are mechanics you can find online to come to your home for repairs. Similar to the windshield repairs that will come to your home or job. For all us lazy bastards!! :)

I'd do it myself if I my leg was healed. Bad enough I get a brake job for Christmas. I damned sure ain't paing for someone else's Christmas for door to door service.

You ARE a lazy bastard, btw. :)

jimnyc
11-25-2016, 06:52 PM
I'd do it myself if I my leg was healed. Bad enough I get a brake job for Christmas. I damned sure ain't paing for someone else's Christmas for door to door service.

You ARE a lazy bastard, btw. :)

Shhhhh..... don't let no one know I told you this... but if you look around, you can even get hookers online these days!! A little rich for my blood though. Nor do I think the woman would appreciate my kind of shopping. :2up:

SassyLady
11-26-2016, 03:46 AM
I don't even like shopping on any day of the week, much less black Friday!

CSM
11-26-2016, 07:19 AM
From now until well into January, I will avoid malls as it they were ground zero of a massive nuclear strike. Too many zombies and defectively mutated humans there.

Gunny
11-26-2016, 07:25 AM
From now until well into January, I will avoid malls as it they were ground zero of a massive nuclear strike. Too many zombies and defectively mutated humans there.

I can't even imagine what it's like now. A mall full of zombies and 3/4s of them with their heads in their phones. Probably looking for more geeky stuff FOR their phones. :laugh:

Kathianne
11-26-2016, 08:33 AM
Actually watching the news yesterday, looks like going to the mall wasn't all that bad an idea. Seems like people have finally caught up to the deal that the internet is where most are buying anyways and they aren't doing what they have in the past.

Black Friday is no longer the 'busiest shopping day,' that's now the Saturday before Christmas. That makes sense, all the 'deals' are now on the internet too, but when procrastination is your middle name, ya gotta hit brick and mortar!

Gunny
11-26-2016, 08:40 AM
Actually watching the news yesterday, looks like going to the mall wasn't all that bad an idea. Seems like people have finally caught up to the deal that the internet is where most are buying anyways and they aren't doing what they have in the past.

Black Friday is no longer the 'busiest shopping day,' that's now the Saturday before Christmas. That makes sense, all the 'deals' are now on the internet too, but when procrastination is your middle name, ya gotta hit brick and mortar!

It is NOT procrastination. It's called "Guy shopping rules". :laugh:

Abbey Marie
11-26-2016, 12:26 PM
@SassyLady (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=83) and @CSM (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=36) have you two met?

I'm feeling the possibility of a great friendship. Or more?

Elessar
11-26-2016, 01:02 PM
SassyLady and @CSM (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=36) have you two met?

Im feeling the possibility of a great friendship. Or more?

Ohhh..."Matchmaker Abbey" now?:laugh:

CSM
11-26-2016, 01:37 PM
SassyLady and @CSM (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=36) have you two met?

Never met in person but we both have been around a while

Abbey Marie
11-26-2016, 06:37 PM
Ohhh..."Matchmaker Abbey" now?:laugh:

Maybe! I don't know why, but I just got this strong feeling about it. I suppose you two are at opposite ends of the country. Could be the start of a beautiful relationship.

jimnyc
11-26-2016, 06:40 PM
I finally did some shopping!

I bought an HDMI cable off of Amazon, and then I bought 500 crickets from the cricket farm!!

Gunny
11-27-2016, 08:08 AM
@SassyLady (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=83) and @CSM (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=36) have you two met?

Maybe! I don't know why, but I just got this strong feeling about it. I suppose you two are at opposite ends of the country. Could be the start of a beautiful relationship.

That's enough of THAT crap, missy. You trying to ruin perfectly good relationships or what? :slap:

CSM
11-27-2016, 08:18 AM
That's enough of THAT crap, missy. You trying to ruin perfectly good relationships or what? :slap:

LOL...given that Sassy appears to be a very classy lady and that she is probably half my age, I doubt seriously that she would be interested in having any kind of relationship (no matter how platonic) with a fat, ugly, old, cranky retired CSM ...

Abbey Marie
11-27-2016, 12:01 PM
LOL...given that Sassy appears to be a very classy lady and that she is probably half my age, I doubt seriously that she would be interested in having any kind of relationship (no matter how platonic) with a fat, ugly, old, cranky retired CSM ...

1. She definitely is
2. Sassy had a younger Sergeant Major before. You might be exactly the right age
3. I saw your profile pic- if that is fat and ugly, then here's to fat and ugly!
:beer:

Gunny
11-27-2016, 12:23 PM

1. She definitely is
2. Sassy had a younger Sergeant Major before. You might be exactly the right age
3. I saw your profile pic- if that is fat and ugly, then here's to fat and ugly!
:beer:That is beside the point. It ain't Sassy I'm worried about. All we need is for the Sergeant Major to fall for someone and then he'll start acing like a fool. Running around the board protecting her. Taking offense at every perceived slight.

And you make my point. She already had a SgtMaj to play with and broke that toy.

Abbey Marie
11-27-2016, 03:18 PM
That is beside the point. It ain't Sassy I'm worried about. All we need is for the Sergeant Major to fall for someone and then he'll start acing like a fool. Running around the board protecting her. Taking offense at every perceived slight.

And you make my point. She already had a SgtMaj to play with and broke that toy.

No! Do not impede the process of love.

:slap:

Elessar
11-27-2016, 03:28 PM
That is beside the point. It ain't Sassy I'm worried about. All we need is for the Sergeant Major to fall for someone and then he'll start acing like a fool. Running around the board protecting her. Taking offense at every perceived slight.

No! Do not impede the process of love.

:slap:

O.K.! This getting deep! Best to back out of it!:lmao:

Gunny
11-27-2016, 04:01 PM
O.K.! This getting deep! Best to back out of it!:lmao:Consider it a SAR. No man down left behind!:laugh:

SassyLady
11-29-2016, 12:29 AM

Well, young man .... if I was half your age you would be over a 100+ years old. :laugh:

I believe Abbey knows I was married to a CSM in my past life and thinks we might have something in common. I flirted with you a couple years ago and you came up with same excuse...however, you just said old and cranky. :slap:

I live in AZ .... where are you these days?

SassyLady
11-29-2016, 12:34 AM

It has crossed my mind on occasion.

SassyLady
11-29-2016, 12:42 AM
1. She definitely is
:beer:

1. thank you .... most of the time I'm just Sassy
2. ex is 11 years younger but intelligence is more important than age
3. I peeked and CSM is definitely good looking man

:thumb:

SassyLady
11-29-2016, 12:52 AM

Your are hilarious! That "toy" lasted almost 20 years and I took really good care of it until he kept breaking his promise to retire.

Besides, we both know a CSM's wife can take care of herself.

FYI ... CSM has defended me when he felt I needed it ... just like all the other good guys on this board.

PS ... thanks for believing I'm worth falling for. :joy4:

SassyLady
11-29-2016, 12:59 AM
Consider it a SAR. No man down left behind!:laugh:

:trump:

CSM
11-29-2016, 06:30 AM
Well, young man .... if I was half your age you would be over a 100+ years old. :laugh:

I believe Abbey knows I was married to a CSM in my past life and thinks we might have something in common. I flirted with you a couple years ago and you came up with same excuse...however, you just said old and cranky. :slap:

I live in AZ .... where are you these days?

I reside in NH. Travel a lot for business but NH is where I hang my hat.

CSM
11-29-2016, 06:35 AM
Your are hilarious! That "toy" lasted almost 20 years and I took really good care of it until he kept breaking his promise to retire.

Besides, we both know a CSM's wife can take care of herself.

FYI ... CSM has defended me when he felt I needed it ... just like all the other good guys on this board.

PS ... thanks for believing I'm worth falling for. :joy4:

Only one thing any CSM finds a bit scary and that is Household 6 ... (his wife for you civilians). They are about the only ones that can have any kind of control on a CSM.

For the record, I have absolutely no doubt that Sassy is more than capable of taking care of herself on this board or anywhere else. However, I am a sheepdog type .... just take that for whatever it's worth.

Abbey Marie
11-29-2016, 10:42 AM
http://www.daydreamersgarden.net/possibilities.gif

SassyLady
11-30-2016, 01:46 AM
Only one thing any CSM finds a bit scary and that is Household 6 ... (his wife for you civilians). They are about the only ones that can have any kind of control on a CSM.

For the record, I have absolutely no doubt that Sassy is more than capable of taking care of herself on this board or anywhere else. However, I am a sheepdog type .... just take that for whatever it's worth.

A very wise man, CSM.

I sometimes think I'm a sheepdog wolf hybrid ... when a military wife is left behind to hold the fort we have to do double duty and the hybrid has to step up to warn the world we are not prey.

If you make it to Arizona on your travels we should get together and compare notes.

CSM
11-30-2016, 06:19 AM
A very wise man, CSM.

I sometimes think I'm a sheepdog wolf hybrid ... when a military wife is left behind to hold the fort we have to do double duty and the hybrid has to step up to warn the world we are not prey.

If you make it to Arizona on your travels we should get together and compare notes.

LOL....absolutely!