PDA

View Full Version : Liberals without power

jimnyc
11-26-2016, 05:14 PM
How much and what did we hear throughout almost the entire election season? That the Democrats were taking over and it will be quite some time, if ever, that the republicans will ever be in power again. Excuse me for a second while I giggle at this one. :laugh:

Trump was losing SO many states, which he ended up winning. Democrats will own congress thanks to Trump on the campaign trail. the SCOTUS will be going to the liberal side. :laugh:

Here's some reality.

-----

Progressives without Power

A very nice liberal broadcaster asked me earlier this week whether I am worried about the future of the Republican party.

Funny question.

There are 25 states in which the state legislatures and governorships are controlled by Republicans, and two states with executive/legislative divides in which there are Republican legislative majorities large enough to override a veto from the Democratic governor. Sixty-eight of the country’s 98 partisan state legislative chambers are Republican-run. There are only four states with Democratic governors and legislatures; it is true that these include one of our most populous states (California), but the majority of Americans live in states in which there are Republican trifectas or veto-proof legislative majorities. Two-thirds of the nation’s governors are Republicans; more than two-thirds of our state legislative houses are under Republican control. Republicans control both houses of Congress and have just won the presidency.

Democrats control the dean of students’ office at Oberlin.

And Democrats have responded to their recent electoral defeat with riots, arson, and Alex Jones–level conspiracy theories. Progressives have just raised $5 million to press for a recount in several states. Clinton sycophant Paul Krugman, sounding exactly like every well-mannered conspiracy nut you’ve ever known, says the election “probably wasn’t hacked,” but “conspiracies do happen” and “now that it’s out there” — (who put it out there?) — “an independent investigation is called for.”

Maybe it isn’t the Republican party whose future needs worrying about.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442474/democratic-party-lost-governors-state-legislature-seats-2016-election

aboutime
11-26-2016, 05:19 PM
AIN'T IT GREAT?

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST....THANKS TO TRUMP....WE WILL BE FREE AT LAST, from the HARRY'S, NANCY'S, AND OBAMA'S

Elessar
11-26-2016, 07:25 PM
AIN'T IT GREAT?

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST....THANKS TO TRUMP....WE WILL BE FREE AT LAST, from the HARRY'S, NANCY'S, AND OBAMA'S

Yeah....But now let us see if these terminal crybabies will grow up and work
together for a prosperous Nation.

I'm not holding my breath on that notion.