PDA

View Full Version : Got me a dashcam

jimnyc
11-29-2016, 01:18 PM
Was on sale from $90 down to $29.99, hard to pass that up!!

Records at 1080HD. It's a tiny little sucker and almost hides behind my GPS for a tiny footprint. It comes with an 8gb microSD card, and up-gradable to 32gb. I did that on the spot as the card was also on sale for $9!!

I installed it and of course drove a bit and tested several things. I love it, the quality is great! I know a few people who have very expensive ones and the quality on this one is just as good if not better. I originally wanted a GoPro for various reasons, but they are $200 and then you start buying extras for the sucker.

You can also park your car and go inside a friends house. It has a discreet motion detector and will record if someone goes near your car.

It will also star5t recording over itself if you leave it go, so nothing to ever worry about.

And you have an accident, and you're worried about THAT being overwritten? Don't worry, it senses the impact and will automatically make a backup at that point!

It's actually pretty darned awesome for the price! And even full price, I still think it's worth it if you don't want to save for the higher ones.

I'll see if I can post a short video to give an idea of the quality.

http://i.imgur.com/nydMjgx.jpg

SassyLady
11-30-2016, 03:00 AM
I have one but haven't set it up yet. Traveling around AZ and New Mexico and in awe of the scenery ... want to capture and share.