PDA

View Full Version : Dem Sen Coons: Regrets 'no filibuster' speed bump

jimnyc
11-29-2016, 02:29 PM
It was great to do away with it when we could prevent the Republicans from stopping our agendas - but it appears we may want it back now. Well, how about tough shit?

Even when they do away with it themselves, they now only see it as a speed bump. And will be SURE to be discussed much when Trump nominates a SC judge. And of course when he starts appointing federal judges around the country.

Shouldn't have cut their noses off!!

-----

Dem Sen Coons: I ‘Regret’ That We Changed Rules So Filibuster Can’t Be ‘Speed Bump’ on Nominees

On Tuesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “At This Hour,” Senator Chris Coons (D-DE) stated that he regretted Democratic rule changes regarding filibusters on nominees “because it would have been a terrific speed bump, potential emergency break, to have in our system to slow down the confirmation of extreme nominees.”

Coons said that thanks to rule changes Democrats made, “The filibuster no longer acts as an emergency break on the nomination –.”

When asked if he regretted that rule change, Coons answered, “I do regret that. I frankly, think many of us will regret that in this Congress, because it would have been a terrific speed bump, potential emergency break, to have in our system to slow down the confirmation of extreme nominees.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/11/29/dem-sen-coons-i-regret-that-we-changed-rules-so-filibuster-cant-be-speed-bump-on-nominees/

Bilgerat
11-29-2016, 02:41 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/52438276.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-29-2016, 02:44 PM
It was great to do away with it when we could prevent the Republicans from stopping our agendas - but it appears we may want it back now. Well, how about tough shit?

Even when they do away with it themselves, they now only see it as a speed bump. And will be SURE to be discussed much when Trump nominates a SC judge. And of course when he starts appointing federal judges around the country.

-----

Dem Sen Coons: I ‘Regret’ That We Changed Rules So Filibuster Can’t Be ‘Speed Bump’ on Nominees

On Tuesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “At This Hour,” Senator Chris Coons (D-DE) stated that he regretted Democratic rule changes regarding filibusters on nominees “because it would have been a terrific speed bump, potential emergency break, to have in our system to slow down the confirmation of extreme nominees.”

Coons said that thanks to rule changes Democrats made, “The filibuster no longer acts as an emergency break on the nomination –.”

When asked if he regretted that rule change, Coons answered, “I do regret that. I frankly, think many of us will regret that in this Congress, because it would have been a terrific speed bump, potential emergency break, to have in our system to slow down the confirmation of extreme nominees.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/11/29/dem-sen-coons-i-regret-that-we-changed-rules-so-filibuster-cant-be-speed-bump-on-nominees/
They thought it a great thing to have that extra player on field when they had the ball , but now that we have the ball, the SOB's
are crying in their damn cereal.
I say tuff, eat your damn cereal in the same ffing bowl that you bastards so happily made us eat out of!!
ffing crybaby wimps... always have been, always will be.. tis why I have complete and utter contempt for the entire lot of them!--Tyr

Kathianne
11-29-2016, 03:14 PM
It would be good if everyone thought of possible 'unintended consequences' before making decisions.

Elessar
11-29-2016, 03:24 PM
It would be good if everyone thought of possible 'unintended consequences' before making decisions.

Exactly! What you demand and wish for can come back and bite you right in the ass!

No eyes on the future, hoping the Dem Utopia would live forever! Stupid!

Kathianne
11-29-2016, 03:38 PM
It's not just 'libs.' What seems like an 'excellent idea' under one set of circumstances, may not prove to be so in the long run.

Take the electoral college, especially the idea that 'a national election' should be conducted at the national level:

http://dailysignal.com/2016/11/28/how-abolishing-the-electoral-college-would-destroy-the-power-of-the-states/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=thf-fb

As ugly as the 2016 election was, it would have been far uglier without the moderating, stable process afforded by the Electoral College.

Having states conduct their own elections is a strength of our system, not a weakness. For instance, without the Electoral College and respect for state powers, it would be difficult for America to experiment with solutions to prevent voter fraud. This should be a priority for those suddenly concerned about voting integrity.

Assault on Federalism

What is lost in the Electoral College debate is the underlying attack on America’s cherished and inherited idea of federalism.

The Founders in their wisdom designed this republic with the intent of checking ambition with ambition, and delegating specific powers to both the national as well as state governments. They created a nation in which states could operate independently, experimenting with different policies and laws to fit their people.

The elimination of the Electoral College would be just another blow to the role of the states in the American system of government. No longer would presidential candidates have to appeal to the farmers of rural Iowa alongside the bankers of urban New York. They would be incentivized to campaign directly to the interests of the largest population centers alone.

aboutime
11-29-2016, 03:43 PM

-----

Senator Coons can only THANK one person for that Missing Speedbump. And that one person will soon be gone....THANK GOD, from the Senate forever.

Harry Reid thought he was the most intelligent idiot in the Senate, and his move to do away with the Filibuster....came back to bite the DEMS in the butt...but good.
Thank you Harry...you turd...http://icansayit.com/images/reidincomp.jpg

NightTrain
11-29-2016, 03:57 PM

That's the juicy part. They were warned repeatedly and loudly that they weren't going to like turnabout, but the process continued unabated.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a done deal. It would be stupid not to take advantage of the stage the Democrats themselves set.

Now they can't even howl about it as the GOP runs roughshod.

Kathianne
11-29-2016, 04:01 PM
That's the juicy part. They were warned repeatedly and loudly that they weren't going to like turnabout, but the process continued unabated.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a done deal. It would be stupid not to take advantage of the stage the Democrats themselves set.

Now they can't even howl about it as the GOP runs roughshod.

You know already I agree with you. Now we'll see what the 'victors' do.

NightTrain
11-29-2016, 04:22 PM
You know already I agree with you. Now we'll see what the 'victors' do.

Ramming speed!