PDA

View Full Version : Gun controlled Chicago - 70 shot over weekend

jimnyc
11-29-2016, 02:34 PM
Wow, this is getting crazy. I don't know the answer. What I do know, and see, is that the problem is mainly getting ignored. Sure, folks talk about the non-stop shootings and what not, but nothing is ever really done about it. And meanwhile, at other places, you can get thousands out over just one shooting. Are folks worried only about some black folks getting shot by a cop? Is there worry about black folks and others getting shot DAILY as if it were target practice? It would appear not.

-----

Not A Happy Thanksgiving: 70 Shot in Gun-Controlled Chicago Over Holiday Weekend

Violence raged in gun-controlled Chicago over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, with 62 people shot and wounded, another eight people shot and killed.

This is an exponential jump over the level of violence seen during during the Thanksgiving holidays of the previous two years. In 2014 there were five deaths, with 14 others shot and wounded and in 2015 there were eight deaths with 20 others wounded.

But in 2016 there were eight killed with 62 others shot and wounded.

According to the Chicago Tribune, the Thanksgiving holiday weekend violence brings Chicago to nearly 4,000 shooting victims for the year. That figure includes fatal and non-fatal shootings.

The number of fatal shootings alone is 710; a figure which is even more startling when you consider that there were 492 homicides for the whole of 2015. There have 710 homicides through the first 11 months of 2016.

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/29/happy-thanksgiving-70-shot-gun-controlled-chicago-holiday-weekend/

Elessar
11-29-2016, 03:21 PM
Just a complete indication that;

One, the local government does not give a damn, Obama was a 'community organizer'
the mayor is a racist, but does nothing to quell it;

Two, all the 'gun control' laws enacted there are just paper tigers;

Three, the police's hands are tied and can do nothing.

pete311
11-29-2016, 05:15 PM
Guns, drugs and no parents. When kids don't value their own lives, they won't value yours.

aboutime
11-29-2016, 05:20 PM
Does this explain why the OBAMA'S are not moving back to Chicago?:duh5:

jimnyc
11-29-2016, 06:04 PM
Guns, drugs and no parents. When kids don't value their own lives, they won't value yours.

I agree that the last 2 contribute a ton to the issue. But guns?

They are one of the hardest areas in the country with gun laws and regulations, and how is that working? Then we have an area of Georgia that is mandatory to own a gun, and hasn't been a murder there in like the last generation.

Guns are simply not the problem. Make it 100% illegal to own a gun in all of Chicago, tell everyone they have 2 months to turn in all of their guns or it will be a felony after that for possessing any.

How many guns do you think law abiding citizens will have in 2 years? How many by the thugs/criminals?

Gun owners that abide by laws DO value their lives and do everything possible to own and use that gun within the law. They value their family, hence wanting to protect them.

Guns.Are.Not.The.Problem

pete311
11-29-2016, 09:49 PM
I agree that the last 2 contribute a ton to the issue. But guns?

Guns are the device of choice for the killing, so yes guns. I didn't make it political, you did.

jimnyc
11-29-2016, 09:54 PM
Guns are the device of choice for the killing, so yes guns. I didn't make it political, you did.

Whether politically or not, you're wrong either way. If folks in those areas weren't restricted, maybe more would be able to protect themselves properly. Instead, the criminals can get whatever the hell they want, while law abiding folks have to listen to whatever the government tells them is ok in order to protect themselves.

pete311
11-29-2016, 09:57 PM
Whether politically or not, you're wrong either way. If folks in those areas weren't restricted, maybe more would be able to protect themselves properly. Instead, the criminals can get whatever the hell they want, while law abiding folks have to listen to whatever the government tells them is ok in order to protect themselves.

most of the killing is gang related so...

aboutime
11-29-2016, 09:59 PM

NO pete. Most of the killing is related to the ABUSE, that seemed almost APPROVED OF, by an Idiot in the White House who ignored our laws. And we can't forget, the Mayor of Chicago...unwilling to do anything except HANDCUFF cops....just as Obama taught him to do.

jimnyc
11-29-2016, 10:01 PM

Then they should lure them all out to a massive field somewhere, kinda like a woodstock thing, and promise all kinds of free shit - and then napalm the bastards!!

But yeah, of course it's mostly gang related. You take the guns out of the hands of the good people, and who do you think will be left with guns? The folks that couldn't give a crap about the laws, that's who. And unfortunately, it's not all gang related.

pete311
11-29-2016, 10:02 PM
NO pete. Most of the killing is related to the ABUSE, that seemed almost APPROVED OF, by an Idiot in the White House who ignored our laws. And we can't forget, the Mayor of Chicago...unwilling to do anything except HANDCUFF cops....just as Obama taught him to do.

:laugh2:

pete311
11-29-2016, 10:04 PM
But yeah, of course it's mostly gang related. You take the guns out of the hands of the good people, and who do you think will be left with guns? The folks that couldn't give a crap about the laws, that's who. And unfortunately, it's not all gang related.

sorry this makes no sense, I live 10 blocks from bad areas, near where we had riots this summer. I don't want a gun.

jimnyc
11-29-2016, 10:09 PM
sorry this makes no sense, I live 10 blocks from bad areas, near where we had riots this summer. I don't want a gun.

I lived in Queens, NY for awhile, in a nice area, if that's possible, but surrounded by crap areas. I've since lived in 2 different places north of the city, but the Bronx is right here, and Harlem not far off.... never a stones throw away!! And while I don't want any trouble, won't look for it and I hope it never comes to my doorstep - you're damn straight I want a gun!! If one of those thugs like you see in Chicago (yes, we have gang members in NY too!) were to come around my house and my family, I'm not going to be a weekend statistic, I'll be one of those making a statistic. I don't carry, I don't brag, none of that stuff - but at least I know we have the home front protected.

Balu
11-29-2016, 10:23 PM
Not A Happy Thanksgiving: 70 Shot in Gun-Controlled Chicago Over Holiday Weekend

Violence raged in gun-controlled Chicago over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, with 62 people shot and wounded, another eight people shot and killed. ...

It makes me sad.
So, reverting to the right to bear arms. Unfortunately it did not help and brought you back to your 30s ... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/sad.gif

aboutime
11-29-2016, 10:26 PM
:laugh2:

pete. I didn't expect anything more than a laugh from you. Intelligence is a challenge for you, and you have to protect yourself by laughing. But laughs never have stopped someone with a 9, 22, 44, or AK. You can live in your dream world, laughing all the way to the morgue if you want. Everybody else who cares for anyone they love. Always put their family before self. Not something you sound too familiar with in the year 2016.

CSM
11-30-2016, 06:58 AM
It makes me sad.
So, reverting to the right to bear arms. Unfortunately it did not help and brought you back to your 30s ... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/sad.gif

Unfortunately, that right was removed from for law abiding citizens in that city (illegally but removed nonetheless).

Bilgerat
11-30-2016, 07:58 AM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/15232249_1177403798981314_222838907112840454_n.jpg ?oh=fa938492937bc74c562d9668ea44aa60&oe=58BF2A63

NightTrain
11-30-2016, 09:05 AM

wtf?

Have you no sense of self preservation? Why on earth would you walk among armed thugs completely defenseless?

pete311
11-30-2016, 09:45 AM
wtf?

Have you no sense of self preservation? Why on earth would you walk among armed thugs completely defenseless?

you haven't lived in a major city have you, it's not allepo for fucks sake

NightTrain
11-30-2016, 11:09 AM

Back up and reacquaint yourself with the title of this thread.

Don't get me wrong, I fully support your thoughtful decision to be a victim. Darwin was a fraud, but he got a few concepts right.

Black Diamond
11-30-2016, 11:52 AM
wtf?

Kill them with kindness??

aboutime
11-30-2016, 02:53 PM

pete. Talkin' out your butt again does you no good. I have lived in Philadelphia. Spent many months in Chicago, Austin, Dallas, Norfolk, NYC, San Diego, Atlanta as part of my navy training, and even as a civilian. They may not be Allepo, but in Chicago, and Philly, there have been more deaths in those two cities in One year...than all the deaths in the First GULF WAR, and SECOND GULF WAR In Iraq, and Afghanistan.
So. Tell us where you would prefer to brag about your IGNORANCE..REST IN PEACE.

jimnyc
11-30-2016, 02:54 PM
Here is what I think they should do, and where Pete likely has a baby.

Chicago has shown they can't handle this issue. It's been continuing for a few years now and the problem is growing. They need to determine the hot spots. Send in the guard and have men stationed at corners near these spots. Seize the thugs and their guns. This city needs a thorough cleansing and give it back to the good people of Chicago.

jimnyc
12-01-2016, 02:34 PM
70 shootings sounds bad - how about 700 homicides this year??? That's crazy. THIS is where folks from around America need to go, protest and demand better protections... 700 people not killed by a cop, so it doesn't seem as important.

-----

Chicago tops 700 homicides — with a month to go in violent 2016

In a year of relentless violence, Chicago has hit another gruesome milestone, exceeding 700 homicides on Wednesday for the first time in nearly two decades, according to official Police Department records.

The 700-mark was hit when a 25-year-old man was fatally shot about 6:20 a.m. at 93rd Street and Cottage Grove Avenue in the Burnside neighborhood, said Frank Giancamilli, a police spokesman. Then at about 8 p.m., a 24-year-old man was shot and killed at 6800 block of South Cornell Avenue in the South Shore neighborhood, he said.

A fatal shooting also took place early Thursday, but an autopsy hasn't confirmed that the death was a homicide.

The year got off to a violent start with 50 homicides in January and rarely let up even after the end of the summer — the peak season for shootings.

The numbers are simply off the charts. The 701 homicides through Wednesday marked a nearly 56 percent jump from the 450 killings a year earlier. With one month still to go, that represents the most homicides since 704 in 1998.

Police Department statistics do not include killings on area expressways, police-involved shootings, other justifiable homicides or death investigations that could later be reclassified as homicides. And police said a fatal shooting happened early Thursday, the first day of December, but an autopsy hasn't confirmed that the death was a homicide.

Nearly 4,050 people have been shot, a 50 percent jump from 2,699 victims a year earlier, according to the department statistics. Shooting incidents rose by comparable figures, to 3,315, up 49 percent from 2,224 a year earlier.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-violence-700-homicides-met-20161201-story.html

Bilgerat
12-01-2016, 03:29 PM

No

It's Baltimore

http://www.streetnewsservice.org/umbraco/ImageGen.ashx?image=%2Fmedia%2F4324212%2Fdisorderl y_conduct_during_baltimore_riots_april_2015_epa-michael_reynolds_Article_Image_Landscape.jpg&height=330&width=540&crop=false

Bilgerat
12-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Kill them with kindness??

How did you know the name of my favorite handgun? :laugh:

http://files.harrispublications.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/07/smith-wesson-model-686-661x496.jpg

aboutime
12-01-2016, 07:28 PM
How did you know the name of my favorite handgun? :laugh:

http://files.harrispublications.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/07/smith-wesson-model-686-661x496.jpg

Bilgerat. Looks like you met both of my Uncles, they are twins, and both are .45, handy around the house, very protective, never bother anyone, and love being placed into action whenever needed!:gunner2::gunner2::gunner3::gunner4: