PDA

View Full Version : Carson for HUD Secretary

NightTrain
12-05-2016, 07:55 AM
Happy to hear Dr. Carson will be part of the Administration after all!

President-elect Donald Trump announced Monday he has chosen former campaign 2016 rival Ben Carson to become secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Trump said in his statement that he was “thrilled to nominate Carson,” adding that he “has a brilliant mind and is passionate about strengthening communities and families within those communiuties.”

Carson had recently downplayed having any role in the Trump administration, saying that he didn’t know where he would fit. But in a statement on Monday, the retired pediatric neurosurgeon said he felt he could "make a significant contribution particularly by strengthening communities that are most in need."

"We have much work to do in enhancing every aspect of our nation and ensuring that our nation’s housing needs are met," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/05/trump-nominates-carson-as-hud-secretary.html

pete311
12-05-2016, 08:32 AM
Another example of rewarding your posse. A surgeon in charge of housing and urban dev. What the fuck does he know about housing and urban development.

jimnyc
12-05-2016, 08:44 AM
Another example of rewarding your posse. A surgeon in charge of housing and urban dev. What the fuck does he know about housing and urban development.

Did you complain when Obama gave the same job to Julian Castro, who had zero experience for that job?

Didn't think so, hypocrite.

jimnyc
12-05-2016, 08:48 AM
Looks like when Cuomo was given the gig by Clinton he had zero experience.

jimnyc
12-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Roy Bernardi by GWB. Looks like Preston had little to no experience in that field either.

NightTrain
12-05-2016, 09:01 AM

As a poor kid growing up in Detroit, embarrassed to be buying groceries with food stamps, I'd say Carson has a hell of a lot of experience with it, for starters.

His first pair of glasses were free, enabling him to see the lessons on the chalkboard and allowing him to participate, enabling him to pull himself up by his bootstraps and become a Neurosurgeon. Yes, I'd say he has personal experience of how the system works and how it can be improved upon.

Is it because he's black that you don't like him, Petey? Racist.

pete311
12-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Julian Castro was a mayor of a major city. Nice try.

pete311
12-05-2016, 09:05 AM
As a poor kid growing up in Detroit, embarrassed to be buying groceries with food stamps, I'd say Carson has a hell of a lot of experience with it, for starters.

His first pair of glasses were free, enabling him to see the lessons on the chalkboard and allowing him to participate, enabling him to pull himself up by his bootstraps and become a Neurosurgeon. Yes, I'd say he has personal experience of how the system works and how it can be improved upon.

Is it because he's black that you don't like him, Petey? Racist.

yeah and I've swam in the ocean, so I guess that makes me a marine biologist. seriously, your logic is fucking preschool

pete311
12-05-2016, 09:08 AM
btw NT, I'm adding you to my ignore list, do not bother replying to my posts

NightTrain
12-05-2016, 09:13 AM
yeah and I've swam in the ocean, so I guess that makes me a marine biologist. seriously, your logic is fucking preschool

Think so? I've run circles around you, Petey, so my logic appears to be functioning at a much greater level than yours.

Also, it enables me to pick a winner when it comes to Presidential Elections.

I think our track records speak for themselves, Petey. What say you? :laugh:

Gunny
12-05-2016, 09:14 AM

About as much as that dipstick from san antonio. But it's okay to screw over your wife if you're a lefty, right? Screw your wife over and get promoted to secretary of HUD by billy. blah f-ing blah. Yawn.

pete311
12-05-2016, 09:17 AM
About as much as that dipstick from san antonio.

hmmm yeah mayor of a big city is about the same experience with HUD as doing brain surgery. hmmm yeah....

Gunny
12-05-2016, 09:26 AM

Yeah and he f*cked us over with a tax hike from Hell. Next? r pr0 football Guess what me got out of the deal? The Alamodme where our football team plays.You heard of them, right? The San Antonio Castro's?

pete311
12-05-2016, 09:29 AM
Yeah and he f*cked us over with a tax hike from Hell. Next? r pr0 football Guess what me got out of the deal? The Alamodme where our football team plays.You heard of them, right? The San Antonio Castro's?

​Your personal opinion does not change his experience compared to a surgeon

Gunny
12-05-2016, 09:36 AM
​Your personal opinion does not change his experience compared to a surgeon

My personal opinion didn't keep his dick in his pants either.

pete311
12-05-2016, 09:44 AM
My personal opinion didn't keep his dick in his pants either.

This has to do with HUD how?

NightTrain
12-05-2016, 09:45 AM
hmmm yeah mayor of a big city is about the same experience with HUD as doing brain surgery. hmmm yeah....

Wrong again, Petey.

Living the experience is a much greater education than an elected Mayor living in his mansion. How many Mayors live on food stamps in the ghetto?

The perspective isn't even close, and I'll go with the guy that has personal experience.

I'm thinking your objection to Carson - as if that mattered - is a racial one. How long have you been a racist?

jimnyc
12-05-2016, 09:45 AM

So that's one out of the few I named - and even then - WHAT did he do as mayor to gain experience similar to HUD? For example, in NYC, the mayor won't be doing such, they still have others doing that job, so him being mayor of a HUGE city would make little to no difference at all. Can you tell me specifically what he did to make him qualified for the secy position?

And based on the others, my point still stands. I don't think it's 100% necessary to have someone who was already working in the industry. Just as we sometimes see folks run in politics, who have little to no experience, and still win anyway. :)

pete311
12-05-2016, 09:52 AM
WHAT did he do as mayor to gain experience similar to HUD?

In terms of running a massive federal agency if you think running an operating room is equivalent to running a major city then well I guess we just have to agree to disagree. As much as I despise Trump, the argument is better with him as at least he has experience running a major operation.

NightTrain
12-05-2016, 09:56 AM
A little background on Carson's experience :

http://www.breitbart.com/news/carson-rose-from-poor-childhood-to-acclaimed-neurosurgeon/

jimnyc
12-05-2016, 09:58 AM
In terms of running a massive federal agency if you think running an operating room is equivalent to running a major city then well I guess we just have to agree to disagree. As much as I despise Trump, the argument is better with him as at least he has experience running a major operation.

Ok, so we now at least agree that Trump is qualified to be president of the USA. His massive experience as CEO and what not of several businesses, and his now empire. :)

Yes, I'll agree that being mayor of a large city is definitely more experience than someone who was a surgeon. But simply being mayor really doesn't necessarily help that person. I'll bet dollars to donuts that my local mayor wouldn't know the slightest thing about such housing issues. It's an entirely different aspect of politics and ran by the county, which oversees my city, and many others of course.

NightTrain
12-05-2016, 09:59 AM

By now you should be trusting President Elect Trump's judgement. He told you from the beginning that he'll have outstanding people helping run the Government.

He hasn't been wrong yet.

Time to get on board the Trump Train, Petey. You've already been run over by it; no need to continue the misery.

CSM
12-05-2016, 10:00 AM

I am a wee bit skeptical of your ability to judge anyone's qualifications especially given that you apparently believed that a community organizer was qualified to be POTUS.

crin63
12-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Dr. Carson has a great personal life story that is very inspirational to a lot of folks, but I wish he would just go away. He's a political buffoon. I guess this is about as close to going away as is possible so that will have to do.