PDA

View Full Version : Christian Slovakia Passes Law to Ban Islam

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-10-2016, 07:20 AM
http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/christian-slovakia-passes-law-ban-islam

Christian Slovakia Passes Law to Ban Islam
By Michael W. Chapman | December 9, 2016 | 2:48 PM EST

Slovakia Prime Minister Robert Fico.

(AP)

The predominantly Christian country of Slovakia passed a law on Nov. 30 that effectively bans Islam as an officially recognized religion, which also blocks Islam from receiving any state subsidies for its schools, reported Reuters.

The prime minister, Robert Fico, said in May that "Islam has no place" in Slovakia. Prior to the law being passed, Slovak National Party Chairman Andrej Danko said, "Islamization starts with a kebab and it's already under way in Bratislava -- let's realize what we can face in 5 to 10 years."

"We must do everything we can so that no mosque is built in the future," said Danko.

I predict that this guy will soon be murdered by those ever so peaceful muslims.
And in so doing, their INSANE AND/OR MORONIC defenders will yet gain proclaim this cult a RELIGION OF PEACE.. -TYR

Drummond
12-10-2016, 08:18 AM
I predict that this guy will soon be murdered by those ever so peaceful muslims.
And in so doing, their INSANE AND/OR MORONIC defenders will yet gain proclaim this cult a RELIGION OF PEACE.. -TYR:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Agreed. There's just no way that Islamists won't take such action. This is orders of magnitude greater than the Fatwa against Salman Rushdie, where for many years, Rushdie had to live with a death sentence blighting his continuing existence.

Here, we have an action that directly acts against the dream of Islam, that of world domination.

Noir
12-10-2016, 09:26 AM
The new law says that a religion must have at least 50,000 members to qualify for state recognition; the previous threshold was 20,000 members. According to Slovakia's latest census, as reported by Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-slovakia-religion-islam-idUSKBN13P20C), there are 2,000 Muslims

Bit of an odd story given nothing's been banned and not much has really changed.

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Implement smaller numbers, start spreading it worldwide, and then we'll start seeing a more peaceful world.

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 11:26 AM
Bit of an odd story given nothing's been banned and not much has really changed.

There are less than 10,000 muslims in slovakia. Therefore, the religion isn't recognized by the state and gets nothing from them. Like it says, it's "effectively" banned, not exactly banned. Nothing from the state as far as subsidies are concerned, schools, mosques. Not banned though, but hopefully things like this will make them unwanted, and hopefully go elsewhere. This is something I would love to see others follow suit with.

Noir
12-10-2016, 11:31 AM
There are less than 10,000 muslims in slovakia. Therefore, the religion isn't recognized by the state and gets nothing from them. Like it says, it's "effectively" banned, not exactly banned. Nothing from the state as far as subsidies are concerned, schools, mosques. Not banned though, but hopefully things like this will make them unwanted, and hopefully go elsewhere. This is something I would love to see others follow suit with.

So they're not going to get the state money that they were already not getting. As I said nothing's really changed or been banned or 'effectively banned', weird story is weird.

gabosaurus
12-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Fortunately, the American constitution guarantees freedom of religion. If we ban Islam, might as well ban the Mormons as well. Not to mention creepy cults like Scientology.

Noir
12-10-2016, 11:34 AM
Fortunately, the American constitution guarantees freedom of religion. If we ban Islam, might as well ban the Mormons as well. Not to mention creepy cults like Scientology.

Nothings been banned,
also I assume their are known cults that do not have religious status in the US.

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 11:50 AM
So they're not going to get the state money that they were already not getting. As I said nothing's really changed or been banned or 'effectively banned', weird story is weird.

I am unfamiliar outside of this article. What we DO know though, is that regardless they won't be getting help from the government. They will have severe trouble with getting any schools, mosques or anything as such without help. You call it weird, I call it excellent AND unprecedented, and a great choice going forward. Basically, a small religion there, that has effectively been told they cannot grow, and if they do, they are a ship in the sea without an engine or paddles. They are being discriminated against in a great way. You say "nothing" has changed - but I looked around, and I saw absolutely nothing that showed them as NOT being recognized in any manner. Now it's almost as if they don't even exist, other than putting the beginnings in place in the hopes of keeping them from growing. I WISH they would do similar here in the states.

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 11:52 AM

They STILL have that, they just aren't being recognized by the state. And won't get jack shit from the state, nor other citizens via taxes (assuming somewhat similar to here). I saw nothing that said they aren't allowed to practice their religion. They just won't be recognized like other real religions, nor get any subsidies or similar like real religions.

gabosaurus
12-10-2016, 11:56 AM
They STILL have that, they just aren't being recognized by the state. And won't get jack shit from the state, nor other citizens via taxes (assuming somewhat similar to here). I saw nothing that said they aren't allowed to practice their religion. They just won't be recognized like other real religions, nor get any subsidies or similar like real religions.

So why don't we declare that Mormons aren't a real religion? Or, better yet, refuse to recognize any religion and remove their tax-exempt status.

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 12:00 PM
So why don't we declare that Mormons aren't a real religion? Or, better yet, refuse to recognize any religion and remove their tax-exempt status.

I think they should declare such!!! And yet with EVERY religion as you say!!

As soon as they are killing people daily, cutting off heads and declaring that they want to destroy America, we do the exact same to them.

Idiot.

Noir
12-10-2016, 12:26 PM
I am unfamiliar outside of this article. What we DO know though, is that regardless they won't be getting help from the government. They will have severe trouble with getting any schools, mosques or anything as such without help. You call it weird, I call it excellent AND unprecedented, and a great choice going forward. Basically, a small religion there, that has effectively been told they cannot grow, and if they do, they are a ship in the sea without an engine or paddles. They are being discriminated against in a great way. You say "nothing" has changed - but I looked around, and I saw absolutely nothing that showed them as NOT being recognized in any manner. Now it's almost as if they don't even exist, other than putting the beginnings in place in the hopes of keeping them from growing. I WISH they would do similar here in the states.

They were already not getting any 'help from the government'.
They were already not recognised by the state as a religion.
No change, or even really a story, just apparently some click bait for CNN who tagged it with the headline 'banned' for extra $$$

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 12:51 PM
They were already not getting any 'help from the government'.
They were already not recognised by the state as a religion.
No change, or even really a story, just apparently some click bait for CNN who tagged it with the headline 'banned' for extra $$$

Ok, I was wrong then. When originally reading it, I had thought that if they continued to grow, they would still get $$ from the government and recognized if they ever met 50k. This would have left them as a "regular" growing religion, with government acceptance, and eventual subsidies and other help. It's "good" to know that years down the road they will still be recognized and still growing and still get this $$ and help from the government. :rolleyes:

Either way, good news to know that they aren't being accepted as any type of religion. It's difficult for any religion to grow without help from the government, and tax relief.

Any way you look at it, with the way Islam is today, this is a fantastic decision.