PDA

View Full Version : CIA concluded Russia worked to elect Trump

pete311
12-10-2016, 09:57 AM
Not even in office and Trump is making enemies of important agencies. Yeah, we're gonna be safer and stronger...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-analysis-cia-russia-trump-republicans-20161209-story.html (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-analysis-cia-russia-trump-republicans-20161209-story.html)

NightTrain
12-10-2016, 10:44 AM
What a stupid article. WikiLeaks already said the emails didn't come from the Russians, but this reporter has unnamed "sources" in the CIA who allege other unnamed "sources" connected to the Russian government who wanted to smear poor Hillary by exposing their nefarious emails & illegal server.

The Post's report cites officials who say they have identified individuals connected to the Russian government who gave WikiLeaks emails hacked from the Democratic National Committee and top Hillary Clinton aide John Podesta. One official described the conclusion that this was intended to help Trump as "the consensus view."

I guess the Russians forced Hillary and Podesta to write those emails and set up the illegal server, right?

This is a glaring problem with you moonbats - you never take responsibility for your own actions. Had the DNC and Hildebeast done things properly and followed the rules, there would have been no emails leaked to WikiLeaks. The fault, dear Brutus, lies entirely with Hillary and her inept Circle of Clowns.

You all knew she was dirty before the Primaries! Why are you running around moaning about her corruption being exposed when everyone knew it?

More of the same butthurt.

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 11:19 AM
Sweet, thanks Russia and CIA!!! :clap: :coffee:

gabosaurus
12-10-2016, 11:34 AM
I don't believe this for a second.
The Russians might have revealed and released information, but American people still voted. And I am guessing that 90 percent or more of them had their minds made up long before the Wikileaks info came out.

pete311
12-10-2016, 12:19 PM
I don't believe this for a second.
The Russians might have revealed and released information, but American people still voted. And I am guessing that 90 percent or more of them had their minds made up long before the Wikileaks info came out.

The ultimate results aren't what are important. It's the implications and future worries.

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 12:21 PM
What a stupid article. WikiLeaks already said the emails didn't come from the Russians, but this reporter has unnamed "sources" in the CIA who allege other unnamed "sources" connected to the Russian government who wanted to smear poor Hillary by exposing their nefarious emails & illegal server.

I guess the Russians forced Hillary and Podesta to write those emails and set up the illegal server, right?

This is a glaring problem with you moonbats - you never take responsibility for your own actions. Had the DNC and Hildebeast done things properly and followed the rules, there would have been no emails leaked to WikiLeaks. The fault, dear Brutus, lies entirely with Hillary and her inept Circle of Clowns.

You all knew she was dirty before the Primaries! Why are you running around moaning about her corruption being exposed when everyone knew it?

More of the same butthurt.

The ultimate results aren't what are important. It's the implications and future worries.

I think NT pretty much nailed it, Mr. Petey.

Do you believe that Russia somehow was responsible for the endless amount of BS that came out from Wikileaks - which was actually factual things that the Dems fucked up with? THAT is what killed them, not some foreign entity.

Hillary being a criminal and a liar is what prevented her from winning.

pete311
12-10-2016, 12:42 PM
I think NT pretty much nailed it, Mr. Petey.

Do you believe that Russia somehow was responsible for the endless amount of BS that came out from Wikileaks - which was actually factual things that the Dems fucked up with? THAT is what killed them, not some foreign entity.

Hillary being a criminal and a liar is what prevented her from winning.

I've already said I don't think it had much effect on the results, but that is not the point. For hostile foreign entities to meddle that closely with the election process should scare anyone.

NightTrain
12-10-2016, 12:53 PM
I've already said I don't think it had much effect on the results, but that is not the point. For hostile foreign entities to meddle that closely with the election process should scare anyone.

You are naive if you think that nations do not meddle in other nation's affairs. It's a game played by every single nation on this planet, daily.

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 12:55 PM

Let's wait and see concrete proof.

But where are all of your posts about the Clinton foundation, and all of the money that came from abroad? THAT didn't concern you, huh? :rolleyes:

pete311
12-10-2016, 01:00 PM
You are naive if you think that nations do not meddle in other nation's affairs. It's a game played by every single nation on this planet, daily.

Sure, but I'll never accept it as ok

pete311
12-10-2016, 01:01 PM
Let's wait and see concrete proof.

But where are all of your posts about the Clinton foundation, and all of the money that came from abroad? THAT didn't concern you, huh? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry I guess I am confused what the topic of this thread is about. The CF did concern me. Moving on...

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 01:07 PM
I'm sorry I guess I am confused what the topic of this thread is about. The CF did concern me. Moving on...

It didn't concern you enough to even discuss it and condemn her.

Really bro, setting aside the BS, I never really knew you were concerned will folks going slightly off topic. Your concern is touching. :)

pete311
12-10-2016, 01:08 PM
It didn't concern you enough to even discuss it and condemn her.

And that has what to do with this topic? Why are we discussing me?

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 01:11 PM

Look at you, wiggle so you can't address a question. We're discussing you because you're a fucking worm, a fucking hypocrite, one who wants to condemn the right for certain things, but you ignore it when coming from the left, and then play baby games like this and keep wiggling just so you don't have to answer a question.

Curious as to another off topic question then, since that's where we're at.

Do you still run any other message boards Pete? Are you still in the practice of reading folks private messages?

NightTrain
12-10-2016, 01:14 PM

The point, Dear Petey, is that you never complain about liberals getting caught with concrete proof of their misdeeds, and instead grasp at any soggy straw - no matter how ludicrous - when it comes to the GOP.

Further, it's a universal trait shared among liberals - you worry about the speck and ignore your own plank.

NightTrain
12-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Look at you, wiggle so you can't address a question. We're discussing you because you're a fucking worm, a fucking hypocrite, one who wants to condemn the right for certain things, but you ignore it when coming from the left, and then play baby games like this and keep wiggling just so you don't have to answer a question.

Do you still run any other message boards Pete? Are you still in the practice of reading folks private messages?

Yes, any ethics complaints by an admitted private email-reader smacks of hypocrisy, doesn't it?

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 01:17 PM
Yes, any ethics complaints by an admitted private email-reader smacks of hypocrisy, doesn't it?

You KNOW you just called him a ninny who pees himself!! I read your messages ya fucker! :lol:

pete311
12-10-2016, 01:23 PM

Jim,fuck off. I have many times condemned Clinton. I have struck to the seriousness of this situation and you end up derailing the topic discussion me and the clinton foundation and how some ancient past? In the words of Trump "Sad".

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Jim,fuck off. I have many times condemned Clinton. I have struck to the seriousness of this situation and you end up derailing the topic discussion me and the clinton foundation and how some ancient past? In the words of Trump "Sad".

A few times I have seen you make negative comments when pressed. My search came up empty when searching to see if you condemned the foundation and foreign donations. I had thought, that if you were worried about other countries meddling in our affairs, that something like this would be of huge concern to you. I mean, donations to the foundation, and then having access to the secretary of state?

You fuckers have tossed out Bush a zillion times, and still do. And when on a topic about other countries, and perhaps meddling - I inject a question about another country, and perhaps meddling - only my question was of Clinton, not Trump - and Petey just vomited as a result!!!

And ancient? Seems like everyone on the left is just plain dishonest. So let me ask, things within Trumps life, things that are in fact even OLDER than that - then those things really shouldn't be discussed, nor used against him, correct?

And fuck off? Wow. Pete grew a set of 'nads!! I'm proud of you, my friend!! Seriously, it's about time!! :thumb:

aboutime
12-10-2016, 02:39 PM

pete. Maybe we all enjoy laughing at you?

Kathianne
12-13-2016, 02:36 PM
I think this analysis is pretty good. The Russians were there, but not to 'elect Trump.' Indeed, the basis of that idea would favor Hillary much more, as she would have stayed close to the Obama policies which she was heavily invested in. The policies that had allowed Russia to gain control at home and in the Middle East. Yes, Congressional inquiry is needed, but not for the reasons the CIA is putting forward.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/12/13/reuters-odni-isnt-completely-buying-cia-take-on-russia-hacking-motives-either/

Reuters: ODNI isn’t completely buying CIA take on Russia hacking motives, either
POSTED AT 8:01 AM ON DECEMBER 13, 2016 BY ED MORRISSEY

Hacking occurred? Check. Russians involved? Check. An operation by the Russian government to elect Donald Trump? Er … not so fast. After leaks that the CIA believes that the Russians deliberately set out to crown Trump set off days of angry demands and accusations, Reuters reports that the highest levels of the intelligence structure don’t share that view. Instead, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence appears to side with the FBI — that the CIA hasn’t produced evidence of motive for the hacks:

The overseers of the U.S. intelligence community have not embraced a CIA assessment that Russian cyber attacks were aimed at helping Republican President-elect Donald Trump win the 2016 election, three American officials said on Monday.

While the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) does not dispute the CIA’s analysis of Russian hacking operations, it has not endorsed their assessment because of a lack of conclusive evidence that Moscow intended to boost Trump over Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton, said the officials, who declined to be named. …

The CIA conclusion was a “judgment based on the fact that Russian entities hacked both Democrats and Republicans and only the Democratic information was leaked,” one of the three officials said on Monday.

“(It was) a thin reed upon which to base an analytical judgment,” the official added.

Reince Priebus emphatically denies that Republicans got hacked at all. As RNC chair, one would assume he’d know if it happened, but as Donald Trump’s new chief of staff, he’d certainly have some interest in denying it now, too. Senator John McCain alluded to that when insisting on a Senate investigation, saying that just “because Mr. Priebus says that doesn’t mean it’s true.” True, but considering that this appears to be the entire fulcrum of the CIA’s analysis, perhaps that should be the first point either corroborated or debunked in the upcoming hearings.

This doesn’t make a lot of sense anyway. First off, as Gabriel Malor points out, the hacks in question started well before anyone thought Trump would win the nomination, let alone the general election:

Gabriel Malor @gabrielmalor
An issue here is the DNC hacks started before Trump won the primary. One of them LONG before.

1:41 PM - 12 Dec 2016
An issue here is the DNC hacks started before Trump won the primary. One of them LONG before. pic.twitter.com/L2GD99YCmL
That image is from the independent report DNC commissioned about the hacks.

1:41 PM - 12 Dec 2016
To believe that the entire exercise was designed to elect Trump, one would have to see evidence that Russians were hacking Trump’s Republican rivals in the primaries. No such attacks have ever been noted, although some of them would certainly prefer that explanation than the reality of how they lost to Trump. Several of them attacked Trump for his attitude toward Putin, so if these candidates saw hacking attempts from Russia coming at them, it seems almost unbelievable that they would have remained quiet about it. A DNC hack would be a really indirect way of electing any Republican, let alone Trump.

Perhaps one can express this in the negative — that the Russians wanted to keep Hillary Clinton from getting elected rather than wanting to boost Trump. But does that make any sense? Hillary was going to keep Barack Obama’s foreign policy largely in place, under which Putin and Russia had managed to do pretty much what they wanted in the Middle East and in eastern Europe. Perhaps Trump’s foreign-policy comments made him more attractive, but those didn’t start coming out until well after the Russians began penetrating the DNC in summer 2015. Hillary was the Secretary of State that offered up the “reset button” to Sergei Lavrov, and Obama was promising Dmitry Medvedev “more flexibility” after the 2012 election while Hillary was still at Foggy Bottom. Hillary was the architect of Obama’s incoherent “Arab Spring” response, which opened the door to Russian military adventurism in Syria and an overt military alliance with Iran. Hillary and the Obama administration barely even mentioned Russia as a threat until Trump gained traction in the primaries.

Let’s also remember what was going on at State under Hillary’s management. Russians took control of a significant portion of American uranium in the Uranium One deal, approved on Hillary’s watch while her husband Bill took in $500,000 from the Russian bankers involved. That was also accompanied by over two million dollars in donations to the Clinton Foundation. Putin seemed to find the Clintons pretty easy partners, as long as he could launder cash to them through speeches and the foundation.

Finally, if Putin really wanted to torpedo Hillary Clinton, they had one sure and direct way of accomplishing it: the secret e-mail server. If the DNC and (allegedly) the RNC got penetrated by Russian intelligence in order to manipulate American elections and governance, does anyone have any doubt at all that Meemaw’s home-spun e-mail server (Now Wiped With Cloths!) remained inviolate? Once Hillary and her lawyers deleted over 32,000 e-mails that were supposedly “personal,” the FSB or whichever agency was involved could have leaked those all day long. They could have begun leaking them in 2014, when Hillary clearly was putting the band back together for a White House run and the existence of the server wasn’t yet publicly known. Do we really believe that the Russians penetrated non-governmental systems like the DNC, RNC (allegedly), and the Center for American Progress but totally missed the Secretary of State’s unprotected communications over four years? Come on, man.

The Wall Street Journal isn’t convinced by the CIA’s logic, or their track record:

Somewhere in the Kremlin Vladimir Putin must be laughing. The Russian strongman almost certainly sought to undermine public confidence in American democracy this year, and as the Obama Administration leaves town it is playing into his hands.

That’s the real story behind the weekend reports that U.S. intelligence services have concluded that Russia intervened to assist Donald Trump’s presidential campaign. The stories are attributed to “senior administration” officials who won’t go on the record but assert murky details that are impossible to verify without seeing the evidence. …

If the CIA really does have “high confidence” about Mr. Putin’s motives, this would also be the first time in recent history. These are the same seers who missed the Russian invasion of Crimea, missed the incursion into southern Ukraine, and missed Mr. Putin’s foray into Syria. The intelligence community also claimed “high confidence” in 2008 for its judgment that Iran had suspended its nuclear-weapons program. That judgment conveniently shut down any further Bush Administration action against Iran. But a year later, in the Obama Administration, our highly confident spooks disclosed Iran’s secret Fordo underground facility.

Hopefully the Congressional investigations to come will shed much more light on the hacks. If the Russians used the hacks to fuel Wikileaks and attempt to manipulate voters, we have to respond to that and make sure it doesn’t happen in the future. But the evidence for that conclusion had better be based on more evidence than what we’re seeing so far — evidence so weak that even the ODNI isn’t buying it from their own CIA.

jimnyc
12-13-2016, 02:46 PM
I think this analysis is pretty good. The Russians were there, but not to 'elect Trump.' Indeed, the basis of that idea would favor Hillary much more, as she would have stayed close to the Obama policies which she was heavily invested in. The policies that had allowed Russia to gain control at home and in the Middle East. Yes, Congressional inquiry is needed, but not for the reasons the CIA is putting forward.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/12/13/reuters-odni-isnt-completely-buying-cia-take-on-russia-hacking-motives-either/

They say that apparently there was some 'knocking on the door' of the RNC servers as well, but don't go into further detail if they were successful though. And the main issue is the things from the DNC server and what wikileaks released - so they think that since 'more' information came out about Clinton... well that's where they get any conclusion that it was to help Trump.

My first question in my head is - maybe the RNC simply didn't have the crap they were interested in, no wrongdoing exposed? And no cross-communication with anyone on an illegal private server. And no emails about anyone giving out questions ahead of time. And on and on and on...

No doubt they still need to investigate and find out specifically WHO got into an official servers. While some point at Russia, Julian Assange swears his information did not come from them.

I think there was some hanky panky going on, no doubt someone stole emails from the DNC servers, and it ultimately ended up in the hands of wikileaks. And while this is all being investigated, let's all remember WHAT was leaked and not forget that either, which some would like.

But I don't think it was about electing Trump, but maybe hurting Hillary? And I also don't believe Trump did anything of course.

NightTrain
12-13-2016, 02:51 PM
It's safe to say that any foreign country can and do hack any government official's email that's vulnerable to it.

It doesn't matter to the Russians or the Chinese or the Brazilians what party the incompetent clod belongs to, information is information.

It just so happens that Hellary's homebrew server wasn't up to snuff and probably half the world's cyber agencies got a nice long look around inside. Then Podesta got phished like the rube he is, and blew up half the DNC with that fallout.

So instead of putting the fault where it belongs, with the ignorant clods that allowed their private emails to be hacked, the typical democrat blame game continues.

Taking responsibility for their own actions in the first place instead of those that took advantage seems to be out of the realm of possibilities with liberals - so nothing's changed.

Obama : It's Bush's fault!

Josh Ernest : It's China's fault! Whoops, I mean the Russians. Haha.

Hillary : It's the deplorable's fault!

Podesta : It's WikiLeaks fault!

Reid : It's the exercise machine's fault!

Pelosi : Have you seen my shoe?

jimnyc
12-13-2016, 03:11 PM
Jason Miller Dismisses Question on Russian Hacking: ‘Most People Are Getting Tired of That’

President-elect Donald Trump’s spokesman Jason Miller tells a reporter from the Washington Post that most people are getting tired of the narrative that Russian hackers interfered with the United States election, dismissing it as an attempt to delegitimize Trump’s victory.
During a call with reporters on Tuesday morning, Miller was again questioned about Trump dismissing reports of potential Russian hackers interfering with the election.

“On what evidence does the President-elect question the CIA’s assessment that Russia interfered in the election to help him win?” the reporter asked.

“Okay, not too shocking that we have yet another … inquiry into what seems to be, for many, their favorite topic,” Miller responded, sounding miffed by the question. “I spent a considerable time talking about this on yesterday’s call.”

Miller was also asked about the potential of Russian hackers during Monday’s daily press call with reporters where he described it as “an attempt to try to delegitimize President-elect Trump’s win.”

“I would say that at a certain point, the effort to try to delegitimize President-elect Trump’s win I think, probably most people are getting tired of that [and] probably realize that what President-elect Trump is focused on now is moving the country forward and bringing us together and… actually making good deals that work for American citizens and getting the economy going,” Miller responded to the inquiry on Tuesday.

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/12/13/jason-miller-dismisses-washington-post-question-russian-hacking-people-getting-tired/

jimnyc
12-13-2016, 03:14 PM
And now from the prez:

Obama Crushes Conspiracy: No Evidence that Russia Tampered with Votes in Election

President Barack Obama emphatically denounced the conspiracy theory saying Russians successfully tampered with the American voting process.
“We were frankly more concerned in the run up to the election to the possibilities of vote tampering, which we did not see evidence of,” he said. “And we’re confident that we can guard against.”

During an interview with the Daily Show’s Trevor Noah, Obama downplayed the hack of a private email account of Clinton campaign chief John Podesta, defending his administration for revealing in October that the Russian government was connected.

“None of this should be a big surprise,” Obama said, “Russia trying to influence our elections dates back to the Soviet Union.”

Obama dismissed the hack and the leaked emails as “not very interesting” and lacking “explosive” revelations. He puzzled as to why it was an “obsession” by the news media despite the knowledge that the Russians were responsible.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/12/13/obama-crushes-conspiracy-no-evidence-russia-tampered-votes-election/

aboutime
12-14-2016, 09:32 PM
http://youtu.be/JQXxX2UDldA

Something else everybody seems to ignore...LIKE PETEY...is, Most of those Electors for the Electoral College...
DO NOT HAVE A SECURITY CLEARANCE TO SEE, OR HEAR ANY SECURITY BRIEFS.

darin
12-15-2016, 02:46 AM

Why aren't you more worried about the Obama Administration's failure to protect cyber information?

It's classic diversion from a dork - that's you.

The actual unethical conduct doesn't matter to you - it's the method of exposure of the conduct that is the problem.

Balu
12-15-2016, 03:06 AM
Boring. Something similar has already happened. :laugh:

http://ru-an.info/Photo/QNews/n4180/1.jpg