PDA

View Full Version : The Apprentice

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 01:02 PM
So when this was created, he made sure he had a lifetime deal with the TV show, whether he was in it or not. Of course that was quite smart of him! Of course some are now upset that he is going to keep his stake in it. He's dropped all of his business and stocks from what I understand. I honestly don't see an issue with him keeping this. He said he ceases to have any involvement whatsoever if he got elected, in which he did. He will simply keep the title "executive producer" forever, and forever get a paycheck.

Many presidents before have kept their already existing business deals, just giving up any connection to business making decisions.

I'm curious to hear a few short rants from those that don't care for Trump, and what the reasoning is? Will he be somehow pushing votes or people over to watching the show? :) Seriously though?

pete311
12-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Many presidents before have kept their already existing business deals, just giving up any connection to business making decisions.

Do you really believe he won't talk to his family about the family business? C'mon. What happens when Trump leaves office. It's not reasonable to think he won't be factoring his business after office life into his decesions and deals.

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 01:09 PM
Do you really believe he won't talk to his family about the family business? C'mon. What happens when Trump leaves office. It's not reasonable to think he won't be factoring his business after office life into his decesions and deals.

Like you JUST said in the other thread - what is the thread title? We're talking about The Apprentice, dumbass.

As to the Trump real estate stuff, you'll just have to deal with it. He's got counsel involved and is doing things legally and by the book. Sorry if you're still not comfortable with that. You'll adjust.

pete311
12-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Like you JUST said in the other thread - what is the thread title? We're talking about The Apprentice, dumbass.

As to the Trump real estate stuff, you'll just have to deal with it. He's got counsel involved and is doing things legally and by the book. Sorry if you're still not comfortable with that. You'll adjust.

I was under the assumption that The Apprentice was part of Trump's business which is family is set to take over.

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 01:31 PM
I was under the assumption that The Apprentice was part of Trump's business which is family is set to take over.

That's why we shouldn't assume things. No, it's not part of his business. It's simply a business agreement he has with the creators (Burnett?). No one has any involvement with it at all, not himself and not his family. He gets a title, and he gets a paycheck.

pete311
12-10-2016, 01:35 PM
That's why we shouldn't assume things. No, it's not part of his business. It's simply a business agreement he has with the creators (Burnett?). No one has any involvement with it at all, not himself and not his family. He gets a title, and he gets a paycheck.

So the business agreement is not part of his business? Who owns it then?

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 01:39 PM
So the business agreement is not part of his business? Who owns it then?

Not Trump. It was created by Mark Burnett and originally aired by NBC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apprentice_(TV_series)

pete311
12-10-2016, 02:16 PM

No, who controls the business agreement if not Trump or Trump' s business

gabosaurus
12-10-2016, 02:17 PM
As long as Trump doesn't appear, I see nothing wrong with him owning a piece of a TV show.

Better yet, Trump could revamp it to be "The White House Apprentice" and interview a group of young models every week. Trump's dressing room inspections would be on the pay channels. :boobies:

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 02:20 PM
No, who controls the business agreement if not Trump or Trump' s business

I would imagine it sits there and does nothing, and his lawyers would be next on the slate should there be an issue. But keep digging, I knew you would be one of those trying to find something wrong with this one. I hope it irritates you.

As long as Trump doesn't appear, I see nothing wrong with him owning a piece of a TV show.

Better yet, Trump could revamp it to be "The White House Apprentice" and interview a group of young models every week. Trump's dressing room inspections would be on the pay channels. :boobies:

Your first sentence is all that matters, of course. And he doesn't even own a piece of it. It's simply a deal to keep him in the credits, and a lifetime check.

aboutime
12-10-2016, 02:21 PM

Poor pete. Therein lies your biggest, liberal problem. Do you know what the word ASSUME means pete? Assuming anything today is like FALSE NEWS. People are so easily convinced to ASS ume everything they read, hear, or see is true.
Just like all of those combined lies of Obama, and Hillary.

pete311
12-10-2016, 02:25 PM
I would imagine it sits there and does nothing, and his lawyers would be next on the slate should there be an issue. But keep digging, I knew you would be one of those trying to find something wrong with this one. I hope it irritates you.

Poor jim. Therein lies your biggest, republican problem. Do you know what the word IMAGINE means jim? Assuming anything today is like FALSE NEWS. People are so easily convinced to IMA gine everything they read, hear, or see is true.
Just like all of those combined lies of Bush, and Trump.

See what I did there abouttime?

pete311
12-10-2016, 02:26 PM
btw, I've added abouttime and nighttrain to my ignore list. Don't reply to my posts, I will not see them.

aboutime
12-10-2016, 02:32 PM
btw, I've added abouttime and nighttrain to my ignore list. Don't reply to my posts, I will not see them.

BY THE WAY. Nobody cares pete. I enjoy talking honestly about you. If you want to ignore me. All the better for the rest of us.

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 02:33 PM
Poor jim. Therein lies your biggest, republican problem. Do you know what the word IMAGINE means jim? Assuming anything today is like FALSE NEWS. People are so easily convinced to IMA gine everything they read, hear, or see is true.

Respond as you please. I didn't think you would admit there's no issue here, and no amount of information about this will have you say otherwise.

First retarded rule of the fight club? - when not wanting to engage others, and wanting to ignore others - don't announce it to the world.

aboutime
12-10-2016, 02:36 PM

Yeah pete. Really original of you. And...you lied when you said you placed me on ignore, huh? Oh my. Look at how smart pete thinks he is. Using other people's words to twist, and never have an ORIGINAL thought of his own. Great stuff petey.

jimnyc
12-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Arnold Schwarzenegger Defends Trump’s ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Producer Credit

Future Celebrity Apprentice host Arnold Schwarzenegger defended Donald Trump’s executive producer title and said he wants the President-elect to be a guest adviser.
“I think that I knew that from the beginning that he’s an executive producer on the show,” Schwarzenegger said of Trump during a press conference on Friday, US Weekly reports.

“It was on the credit when you watch the show, and I watched, I would say, probably 60 percent of all the shows before I took on this challenge [as host], so it’s no different than when I was running for governor and I became governor,” Schwarzenegger continued. “My credit starring in Terminator still said Schwarzenegger and everything stayed the same and I continued getting royalties and all that stuff.”

Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks confirmed in a statement to Variety Thursday that the former reality TV star-turned-politician will retain his title as an executive producer of the NBC top-rated show he had hosted since 2004.

“Mr. Trump has a big stake in the show and conceived of it with Mark Burnett,” Hicks said, adding that additional details regarding his business interests will be shared December 15.

As for Trump’s exact role on the show, Schwarzenegger was clear that the President-elect cannot run the country and host a reality TV show — but he’s open to Trump appearing on the show if he has time.

“I don’t think that he is going to be cohosting with me, even though maybe it’d be fun to have him as a guest advisor or something like this if he has the time,” Schwarzenegger said. “I don’t know if he has time or not.”

Schwarzenegger also praised Trump for building a successful show.

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/12/10/arnold-schwarzenegger-defends-trumps-celebrity-apprentice-producer-credit/

NightTrain
12-11-2016, 02:25 PM

You have a stunning 100% track record of being wrong.

Attaboy, Petey! I do appreciate consistency.

Abbey Marie
12-11-2016, 02:39 PM
Whatever problems are perceived to exist with this exec producing, they pale in comparison to the gross misdeeds of the Clinton Foundation.

jimnyc
12-11-2016, 02:44 PM
Whatever problems are perceived to exist with this exec producing, they pale in comparison to the gross misdeeds of the Clinton Foundation.

Ain't that a fact! But those that are the biggest condemners of Trump? Barely a peep from them, if at all, about the foundation and the foreign donations and the pay to play.

gabosaurus
12-11-2016, 09:57 PM
I fail to see where this should be an issue to anyone. If Trump wants to be credited for a bad TV show, let him have it. BFHD.

Elessar
12-11-2016, 10:41 PM

That is a piss-poor and cowardly way to respond in a message board.

If you don't like what is said, by-pass or not respond to it.

Putting on ignore is childish and weak-kneed....

pete311
12-11-2016, 11:18 PM
That is a piss-poor and cowardly way to respond in a message board.

If you don't like what is said, by-pass or not respond to it.

Putting on ignore is childish and weak-kneed....

Cry me a river blah blah blah I just want them to know why I don't respond to their posts.

gabosaurus
12-11-2016, 11:28 PM
I don't have anyone on ignore. I can ignore people without putting them on ignore. :cool:

crin63
12-12-2016, 12:59 AM
I'm no fan of Trump and I hope that changes. So far I like the direction he is going with his cabinets choices.

Personally, I don't care if he still has his hands in his business so long as he executes his job effectively as POTUS. To think he won't at any level is just naive. He built the business and knows what he has so whether he is involved on a day to day level won't make any difference if people are worried about a conflict of interest. I'm hoping his business interest lines up with his position as POTUS. He will do what's right for his business and hopefully that ends up as what's right for the country.

Black Diamond
12-12-2016, 04:29 AM

I still have the DVD set for the first season. You open the front cover and his voice says "you're fired"

Kathianne
12-12-2016, 06:25 AM
Trump said he had co-created with 'Mark' from Jim's post obvious that's Mark Burnett. Reading a bit further on wiki, seems that Mark, Trump and a third were all listed as Executive Producers, with Trump hosting. ;)

Seems to me though, with what Trump has said, the following definition with attention to bolded is why I wouldn't get too upset about his retaining the status:

An executive producer (EP) enables the making of a commercial entertainment product. The EP may be concerned with management accounting and/or with associated legal issues (like copyrights or royalties). An EP generally contributes to the film's budget and may or may not work on set.