PDA

View Full Version : Young people earning money

gabosaurus
12-10-2016, 02:24 PM
Have to appreciate how young people are earning money these days. Apart from regular jobs in retail stores and food service.
The sister of the guy my daughter dates works with some other girls to bake cookies and pies and deliver them fresh to parties and gatherings.
My daughter has a full schedule of Christmas events where she either plays Christmas songs or accompanies others. She earned $100 last night and has two other events today.
Dad likes it because he doesn't get bothered for handouts. :cool:

jimnyc
12-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Have to appreciate how young people are earning money these days. Apart from regular jobs in retail stores and food service.
The sister of the guy my daughter dates works with some other girls to bake cookies and pies and deliver them fresh to parties and gatherings.
My daughter has a full schedule of Christmas events where she either plays Christmas songs or accompanies others. She earned $100 last night and has two other events today.

Does she have her own bank account yet? Make her save woman!! Teaching her how to be responsible with money can be one of the best things you ever do. I'm terrible with money, and thank God my wife handles all of the finances.

aboutime
12-10-2016, 02:33 PM

Sounds good gabby, but..WHAT WILL SHE DO after Christmas has passed?

Trigg
12-10-2016, 04:49 PM
Dad likes it because he doesn't get bothered for handouts. :cool: that's wonderful Gabby, I think all kids benefit from earning their own money. My rule of thump was to let them keep half of what they made and put the other half in the bank. Kids are never to young to learn money management.

gabosaurus
12-10-2016, 06:05 PM
My daughter has has been playing piano for people for just over a year. My husband started a bank account for her before then. I don't really have to worry about her spending because she doesn't really buy that much. We don't do allowances in my family, so she never developed improper spending habits. We do give her some cash when she goes out on group outings with friends.
I let my husband handle the financial stuff. That is what he does for a living. You can't trust us women with money. :p

After Christmas, my daughter will go back to taking piano lessons four or five nights a week. It's almost a full time job.

Elessar
12-10-2016, 06:34 PM
My daughter has has been playing piano for people for just over a year. My husband started a bank account for her before then. I don't really have to worry about her spending because she doesn't really buy that much. We don't do allowances in my family, so she never developed improper spending habits. We do give her some cash when she goes out on group outings with friends.
I let my husband handle the financial stuff. That is what he does for a living. You can't trust us women with money. :p

After Christmas, my daughter will go back to taking piano lessons four or five nights a week. It's almost a full time job.

That is really delightful. I wish I had have the talent to play a piano. Maybe she has a future doing lessons...?

My family was too poor to pay for piano....so I was good at voice.

Keep her going, Gabby!

gabosaurus
12-10-2016, 09:59 PM
That is really delightful. I wish I had have the talent to play a piano. Maybe she has a future doing lessons...?
My family was too poor to pay for piano....so I was good at voice.
Keep her going, Gabby!

If you don't have money, don't get serious with piano lessons. Good pianos are not cheap. And the instructor we have now, a trained pianist who plays with symphonies, is REALLY expensive. But she is really good and has a lot of connections.
My daughter really wants to be a musician. Either in the popular or classical realm.

Elessar
12-10-2016, 10:56 PM
If you don't have money, don't get serious with piano lessons. Good pianos are not cheap. And the instructor we have now, a trained pianist who plays with symphonies, is REALLY expensive. But she is really good and has a lot of connections.
My daughter really wants to be a musician. Either in the popular or classical realm.

Keep it going! Classical is something to be admired.