PDA

View Full Version : Young people earning money 2

crin63
12-11-2016, 12:26 AM
After reading Gabby's post it reminded me of the kid that stopped by my house today. 2 or 3 times a year we have kids (from all over Los Angeles County) stop by to sign us up for Los Angeles Times subscriptions. I will not fund the Los Angeles Times but I do evaluate the kids that stop by. If they do a good job I will give them a $20 bill.

I live in the barrio so everyone expects me to be Hispanic and speak Spanish. So it always catches the kids off-guard when a White guy answers the door. The kid today was a senior in High School. When I opened the door he looked me in the eyes, introduced himself, and extended his hand. We shook hands. I listened to his spiel and commended him for getting out there hustling, for looking me in the eyes, introducing himself, and shaking my hand. I went and got him a $20 and told him well done. He said that's how his dad raised him. He said he was from Compton.

hjmick
12-11-2016, 07:59 AM
If you ever find yourself around Pico & Crenshaw, stop in at Gus's Fried Chicken. It's a franchise branch of the best fried chicken joint I ever patronized. Granted, that was in Memphis, but I imagine the recipe is the same...

Balu
12-11-2016, 10:46 AM
After reading Gabby's post - Still free of charge in Russia. http://s19.rimg.info/aee19e2775457d135efdf745e7d94e15.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1224821991.html)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVtf_89b02M

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-11-2016, 03:56 PM
After reading Gabby's post it reminded me of the kid that stopped by my house today. 2 or 3 times a year we have kids (from all over Los Angeles County) stop by to sign us up for Los Angeles Times subscriptions. I will not fund the Los Angeles Times but I do evaluate the kids that stop by. If they do a good job I will give them a $20 bill.

I live in the barrio so everyone expects me to be Hispanic and speak Spanish. So it always catches the kids off-guard when a White guy answers the door. The kid today was a senior in High School. When I opened the door he looked me in the eyes, introduced himself, and extended his hand. We shook hands. I listened to his spiel and commended him for getting out there hustling, for looking me in the eyes, introducing himself, and shaking my hand. I went and got him a $20 and told him well done. He said that's how his dad raised him. He said he was from Compton.

I did much the same, in the city I recently moved away from after having lived there for 34 years..
Many, many years back I called and cancelled my subscription to the city paper, cursed them out for their lib/leftists editorials and their news coverage designed to cover up for a certain group of people.
Yet every summer around came those kids to sell subscriptions for the paper.
If they acted civil and were not dumbasses , I'd usually let them spew he sells pitch, then politely decline to subscribe, give them
5 or 10 bucks each. Each time the paper sent them out to work the city in pairs.
Once it was two guys(age 18/19) that were so damn clueless, uncivil and acting in such a rude way that I TOLD THEM TO GET THE HELL OUT OF MY YARD, BEFORE I HAD TO STEP OUT AND BUST SOME HEADS.
That was back in 2009, the next 7 years, none of the paid subscription hustlers ever came to my home.
I guess that they relayed my comments to the lib bosses at that rag paper and my address was put on a do not try to sell to list!:laugh:
More Americans should take real actions against those that seek to destroy our freedoms and this nation's power IMHO! -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-11-2016, 04:03 PM
After reading Gabby's post - Still free of charge in Russia. http://s19.rimg.info/aee19e2775457d135efdf745e7d94e15.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1224821991.html)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVtf_89b02M

MY FRIEND,THANK YOU FOR POSTING THAT DELIGHTFUL VIDEO.
My wife, our son and I all loved it.
Bravo's given to both musicians.. A true pleasure to watch and hear such a great performance this fine morn..-:beer: :beer: -Tyr

crin63
12-11-2016, 04:26 PM
I did much the same, in the city I recently moved away from after having lived there for 34 years..
Many, many years back I called and cancelled my subscription to the city paper, cursed them out for their lib/leftists editorials and their news coverage designed to cover up for a certain group of people.
Yet every summer around came those kids to sell subscriptions for the paper.
If they acted civil and were not dumbasses , I'd usually let them spew he sells pitch, then politely decline to subscribe, give them
5 or 10 bucks each. Each time the paper sent them out to work the city in pairs.
Once it was two guys(age 18/19) that were so damn clueless, uncivil and acting in such a rude way that I TOLD THEM TO GET THE HELL OUT OF MY YARD, BEFORE I HAD TO STEP OUT AND BUST SOME HEADS.
That was back in 2009, the next 7 years, none of the paid subscription hustlers ever came to my home.
I guess that they relayed my comments to the lib bosses at that rag paper and my address was put on a do not try to sell to list!:laugh:
More Americans should take real actions against those that seek to destroy our freedoms and this nation's power IMHO! -Tyr

I love to encourage kids out hustling. If they ever got mouthy with me I would put them in their place quickly, letting them know they need not come back to my door ever again. I won't put with that from anyone at my door.

The kid yesterday did great! He impressed me. I told him that's how men are supposed to greet each other, so well done.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-11-2016, 05:04 PM
I love to encourage kids out hustling. If they ever got mouthy with me I would put them in their place quickly, letting them know they need not come back to my door ever again. I won't put with that from anyone at my door.

The kid yesterday did great! He impressed me. I told him that's how men are supposed to greet each other, so well done.
Obviously he was raised to be polite and civil, which is a credit to his parents!
In today's world most of that parental teaching has fallen by the wayside IMHO.
My son, same as was my daughter , is being taught to be polite and civil.
To respect adults , unless given concrete, clear and obvious cause not to..(he will get more detailed specs on that, when in his teens- as he is now only 9 years old)...--Tyr