PDA

View Full Version : Feel the compassion...

Guernicaa
07-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Feel The Compassion
Bill Scher

Later today, the Senate is expected to snuff out a filibuster and approve more health insurance for kids.

But the bill is not likely get the 67 votes needed to overcome President Bush's threatened veto. Obstruction still reigns.

Bush and other congressional conservatives appear unmoved by last week's oped from his former director of Faith-Based Initiatives, John Dilulio (via Talking Points Memo), who charges Bush with contradicting his campaign themes of "compassionate conservatism," and reports that several Republicans -- including "former Bush advisers," governors and Senators -- are begging Bush to drop the veto threat.

But CQ (sub. req'd) finds that conservative opposition to healthy children is stiffening: "Spurred by President Bush ... Republicans are fighting the legislation every step of the way, especially in the House."

Bush isn't running for re-election, so there's no need for him to fake the compassion anymore.

And he appears to have enough conservatives willing to go to the mat, and prevent Congress from heeding the public will and doing right by our kids.
http://commonsense.ourfuture.org/feel_compassion?tx=3

_________

....Simply amazes me.

Spyder Jerusalem
07-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Color me shocked!

You mean, it's not "about the children" any more?

I feel so fuckin' used.

07-31-2007, 05:22 AM
its never been about the children. its been about growing government power. making people dependent on politicians so they get reelected.

red states rule
07-31-2007, 05:30 AM
Feel The Compassion
Bill Scher

Later today, the Senate is expected to snuff out a filibuster and approve more health insurance for kids.

But the bill is not likely get the 67 votes needed to overcome President Bush's threatened veto. Obstruction still reigns.

Bush and other congressional conservatives appear unmoved by last week's oped from his former director of Faith-Based Initiatives, John Dilulio (via Talking Points Memo), who charges Bush with contradicting his campaign themes of "compassionate conservatism," and reports that several Republicans -- including "former Bush advisers," governors and Senators -- are begging Bush to drop the veto threat.

But CQ (sub. req'd) finds that conservative opposition to healthy children is stiffening: "Spurred by President Bush ... Republicans are fighting the legislation every step of the way, especially in the House."

Bush isn't running for re-election, so there's no need for him to fake the compassion anymore.

And he appears to have enough conservatives willing to go to the mat, and prevent Congress from heeding the public will and doing right by our kids.
http://commonsense.ourfuture.org/feel_compassion?tx=3

_________

....Simply amazes me.

Why should I pay for someone else's kids health care?

Libs are like drug dealers. They want as many people dependent on them for their next fix - i.e. next government handout