PDA

View Full Version : ACLU Sues Indiana Town over Cross on Top of Christmas Tree

jimnyc
12-11-2016, 05:34 PM
What a dipshit and a baby. Irreparable harm because he saw a cross on a Christmas tree? LOL Does this dumbass realize, that even if the cross wasn't there, he's still seeing a CHRISTmas tree? The town collectively should get together and kick his ass. Anyone that feels like this is truly a loser. They should just have someone who lives across the street take it off their hands and put it there. Everywhere these babies whine, simply move anything to private property of someone that is as close as possible to the original location.

And this fruit wants damages for his poor eyeballs.

-----

ACLU Sues Indiana Town over Cross on Top of Christmas Tree

The American Civil Liberties Union is taking aim at one small Indiana town’s Christmas tree.
The ACLU of Indianapolis is suing the town of Knightstown over a Christmas tree because it includes a lighted cross at the top of the tree, Fox News reported.

It was only recently that the town has faced opposition over the cross on top of the tree, Fox 59 Indianapolis reported.

“A couple weeks ago they had a crowd here,” said Knightstown resident Mark Tompkins. “Everybody was here. Everybody was fine with it. But now you’ve got one person, you know, out of everybody.”

Tompkins disagrees with the ACLU lawsuit even though his relative is the plaintiff, according to Fox 59.

The ACLU says in the lawsuit that Joseph Tompkins takes issue with the cross because it violates the separation of church and state.

The lawsuit, which was filed Thursday, says he has been “forced to come into unwelcome contact” with the display, causing him “irreparable harm.”

Tompkins also objects to his tax dollars being used to fund the display, according to court documents.

“I think we can find people in this town that can replace that 0.0004 cents to give to him and not have to worry about it,” Knightstown businessman Lau Ghioc said in response to Tompkins’ objection.

Tompkins wants the town to remove the cross and pay him monetary damages, the Indianapolis Star reports.

A Knightstown representative never returned the paper’s requests for comment.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/11/aclu-sues-indiana-town-cross-top-christmas-tree/

revelarts
12-11-2016, 06:38 PM
OK so the season wouldn't be complete without the yearly thing where some atheist and the ACLU cry foul over a display.
But there's no 'WAR on christimas' right? Well i suppose that's true.
It's really a series of minor attacks against the CHRISTIAN aspects in Christmas and American culture.
But can someone please tell me why don't Atheist sue over the Fact that the Christmas tree is a PAGAN religious symbol? They never do it do they?
So it's not a really a RELIGION verses STATE issue, it's an Anti-Christian issue pure and simple.

the 'Christmas Tree' is Pagan in origin.
the Wreaths are of Pagan origins as well, Norse gods and all.
mistletoe plant... Druids.
Yule log.... a magical amulet.
Any lawsuits over Them? Atheist tell us that all gods are the same, made up like centaurs, but they seem very selective about the lawsuits they bring, and the offense they take.

"the Pagan TREE is OK but the cross on top "AAHHHHH!!!" I'm SCARED FOR LIFE "HARMED irreparably"!!
COURTS HELP MEEEEEEEE!! the wicked Christians have ASSAULTED MEEEEE and my 'LACK of Belief' and took my money... .00004 cents... for a ..a .. a ... a Cross!!!! WHAHHHH! I'm Offended so much!!! Because I'm a totally rational science based person."
http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/images/smilies/rolleye0011.gif

But of course it's totally ridiculous for Christians to be offended by anything.
we should pay for everything (abortions, contraceptives, sex change operations, bad pubic schools etc ) and be forced into service for anything we don't believe in. Cause well That's "the law" and OUR beliefs don't matter.
Save
Save

aboutime
12-11-2016, 06:57 PM
What a dipshit and a baby. Irreparable harm because he saw a cross on a Christmas tree? LOL Does this dumbass realize, that even if the cross wasn't there, he's still seeing a CHRISTmas tree? The town collectively should get together and kick his ass. Anyone that feels like this is truly a loser. They should just have someone who lives across the street take it off their hands and put it there. Everywhere these babies whine, simply move anything to private property of someone that is as close as possible to the original location.

And this fruit wants damages for his poor eyeballs.

-----

ACLU Sues Indiana Town over Cross on Top of Christmas Tree

The American Civil Liberties Union is taking aim at one small Indiana town’s Christmas tree.
The ACLU of Indianapolis is suing the town of Knightstown over a Christmas tree because it includes a lighted cross at the top of the tree, Fox News reported.

It was only recently that the town has faced opposition over the cross on top of the tree, Fox 59 Indianapolis reported.

“A couple weeks ago they had a crowd here,” said Knightstown resident Mark Tompkins. “Everybody was here. Everybody was fine with it. But now you’ve got one person, you know, out of everybody.”

Tompkins disagrees with the ACLU lawsuit even though his relative is the plaintiff, according to Fox 59.

The ACLU says in the lawsuit that Joseph Tompkins takes issue with the cross because it violates the separation of church and state.

The lawsuit, which was filed Thursday, says he has been “forced to come into unwelcome contact” with the display, causing him “irreparable harm.”

Tompkins also objects to his tax dollars being used to fund the display, according to court documents.

“I think we can find people in this town that can replace that 0.0004 cents to give to him and not have to worry about it,” Knightstown businessman Lau Ghioc said in response to Tompkins’ objection.

Tompkins wants the town to remove the cross and pay him monetary damages, the Indianapolis Star reports.

A Knightstown representative never returned the paper’s requests for comment.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/11/aclu-sues-indiana-town-cross-top-christmas-tree/

Tompkins sounds like the typical whining, liberal who has probably had a bad confrontation with a VAMPIRE, and when Tompkins held up his little cross. He couldn't prevent the VAMPIRE from sucking on his neck, to convince him to vote for HILLARY.:laugh:
As for his irreversible HARM. The ACLU should CHARGE HIM for being such a dummy, and HARM his bank account.

Elessar
12-11-2016, 07:40 PM
How petty can some of these people get?

@revalerts spelled it out clearly.

A cross on top of a tree violates separation of state and religion?
ACLU is scraping the bottom on this one.

revelarts
12-11-2016, 07:43 PM
I have to say after doing a lil more research here, it may the case that the guy that brought the suit may just be some slob looking for a payday.
http://www.notb4coffee.com/aclu-and-resident-joseph-tompkins-sues-knightstown-over-christmas-display/

But i seems the ACLU never passes up a chance to attack Christian displays.

Elessar
12-11-2016, 07:47 PM
I have to say after doing a lil more research here, it may the case that the guy that brought the suit may just be some slob looking for a payday.
http://www.notb4coffee.com/aclu-and-resident-joseph-tompkins-sues-knightstown-over-christmas-display/

But i seems the ACLU never passes up a chance to attack Christian displays.

They rarely do; and you're right. Some chump wants a payday because his sensitivities were affected - rather than ignoring
and walking away. If it carries, he'll be lucky to get 20% of the settlement.....ACLU will suck up the rest.

Some persons just deserve to be Gerber Slapped.

aboutime
12-11-2016, 08:47 PM
They rarely do; and you're right. Some chump wants a payday because his sensitivities were affected - rather than ignoring
and walking away. If it carries, he'll be lucky to get 20% of the settlement.....ACLU will suck up the rest.

Some persons just deserve to be Gerber Slapped.

If the ACLU see's a way of making big Bucks, they would sue a HAM SANDWICH, so the saying goes. After all. The ACLU never has to pay, whether they win, or lose.
LAWYERS are loved DEEPLY.....SIX FEET DEEP!:finger4: