PDA

View Full Version : Oxford Students Told to Use ‘Ze’ Instead of ‘He’ or ‘She’

jimnyc
12-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Oh no, if folks think there are only males and females, the world might stop turning and we all DIEEEEEEEE!!! WTF is wrong with these people?

Ze folks in charge there are weak fucks. The fact that kids today need to be coddled, feel like they need safe spaces and the fact that they can barely deal with reality - not surprising. :(

-----

Oxford Students Told to Use ‘Ze’ Instead of ‘He’ or ‘She’

Peter Tatchell, an LGBT rights campaigner, has welcomed the move, telling Mail Online: “It is a positive thing to not always emphasise gender divisions and barriers.”

He said: “It is good to have gender-neutral pronouns for those who want them but it shouldn’t be compulsory.

“This issue isn’t about being politically correct or censoring anyone. It’s about acknowledging the fact of changing gender identities and respecting people’s right to not define themselves as male or female.

“Giving people the ‘ze’ option is a thoughtful, considerate move.”

Cambridge University has also indicated that it would like to follow a similar path. Sophie Buck, welfare officer of the students’ union, said: “Events start with a speaker introducing themselves using a gender neutral pronoun.

“It’s part of a drive to make the union intersectional.”

And Franky Sissons, a transgender student at King’s College at Cambridge, said: “Gender neutral pronouns are good…It should happen in lectures too.”

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/12/12/oxford-students-told-use-ze-avoid-discrimination/

KarlMarx
12-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Call me old fashioned but aren't colleges and universities supposed to be places of learning instead hotbeds of activism run by a bunch of nihilistic numbskulls preying on the minds of impressionable youth?

aboutime
12-12-2016, 08:24 PM
Oh no, if folks think there are only males and females, the world might stop turning and we all DIEEEEEEEE!!! WTF is wrong with these people?

Ze folks in charge there are weak fucks. The fact that kids today need to be coddled, feel like they need safe spaces and the fact that they can barely deal with reality - not surprising. :(

-----

Oxford Students Told to Use ‘Ze’ Instead of ‘He’ or ‘She’

Peter Tatchell, an LGBT rights campaigner, has welcomed the move, telling Mail Online: “It is a positive thing to not always emphasise gender divisions and barriers.”

He said: “It is good to have gender-neutral pronouns for those who want them but it shouldn’t be compulsory.

“This issue isn’t about being politically correct or censoring anyone. It’s about acknowledging the fact of changing gender identities and respecting people’s right to not define themselves as male or female.

“Giving people the ‘ze’ option is a thoughtful, considerate move.”

Cambridge University has also indicated that it would like to follow a similar path. Sophie Buck, welfare officer of the students’ union, said: “Events start with a speaker introducing themselves using a gender neutral pronoun.

“It’s part of a drive to make the union intersectional.”

And Franky Sissons, a transgender student at King’s College at Cambridge, said: “Gender neutral pronouns are good…It should happen in lectures too.”

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/12/12/oxford-students-told-use-ze-avoid-discrimination/

Jim. This is the exact kind of stuff you get when you teach, or brainwash the Unwashed, Tarnished, ME Generation to be fair about everything, right, or wrong, where there are NO losers, and everybody wins everything called BEING A WUSS.
When I was growing up back in the 1950's, and 60's. WE CALLED A SPADE A SPADE. There was no such thing as Political Correctness, and little boys did Little Boy things that separated them from the Little Girls, and little girl things like WHINING,:crying2: CRYING, and ALWAYS BLAMING Somebody else because somebody hurt their fragile little feelings.
So, parents who cared about their children either gave their Son's pants, or a dress before they went to school, where the other boys and girls KNEW the difference.
Little Bobby played little BOY games, and Little Jane played little girl games.
And..ODDLY ENOUGH...We had TWO separate bathrooms, gym showers, and locker rooms too! :duh5:

Elessar
12-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Call me old fashioned but aren't colleges and universities supposed to be places of learning instead hotbeds of activism run by a bunch of nihilistic numbskulls preying on the minds of impressionable youth?

That's what they used to be.

But now they seem to be breeding grounds for 'entitled' crybabies.

aboutime
12-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Moving Further to the Left

Survey finds notable increase in proportion of professors who identify as "far left" or liberal, and declines for all other groups.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2012/10/24/survey-finds-professors-already-liberal-have-moved-further-left

pete311
12-13-2016, 12:26 AM
You guys wish you could get into Oxford

darin
12-13-2016, 02:49 AM

I've gotten into plenty of Oxford ladies. They're a hoot. Screaming shit in bed like "oh GOD/GODDESS/SupposedHigherPowerOfUnknownGender!!"

Abbey Marie
12-13-2016, 08:47 AM
I've gotten into plenty of Oxford ladies. They're a hoot. Screaming shit in bed like "oh GOD/GODDESS/SupposedHigherPowerOfUnknownGender!!"

Do you like being addressed that way?

;)

CSM
12-13-2016, 09:12 AM
Do you like being addressed that way?

;)

I prefer my rightful title: "Emperor of the Universe"

Abbey Marie
12-13-2016, 09:19 AM
I prefer my rightful title: "Emperor of the Universe"

Lol!

jimnyc
12-13-2016, 09:30 AM

Wouldn't want to now, sounds like it's going to be full of safe space seeking gender confused cuckoos.

Abbey Marie
12-13-2016, 09:42 AM
Wouldn't want to now, sounds like it's going to be full of safe space seeking gender confused cuckoos.

Between this nonsense, the micro-aggression nonsense, and the feminists claiming all men are really rapists, how does anyone even go to a party anymore?

CSM
12-13-2016, 09:47 AM
Between this nonsense, the micro-aggression nonsense, and the feminists claiming all men are really rapists, how does anyone even go to a party anymore?

think you just explained we NEED the "transgender" thing...

aboutime
12-13-2016, 06:09 PM

Wrong petey boy. None of us have any feelings like you obviously do, patronizing as you are. But why would any of us WISH to qualify for your job as Sanitary Engineer for Oxford?
Most of us here on DP have already established our satisfaction in life. Something I doubt you, and other liberals will ever know, or find...being jealous of others for being successful ON OUR OWN.

global93
12-13-2016, 08:52 PM

NightTrain
12-13-2016, 11:57 PM
That's the first Vietnamese spammer we've had here.

Abbey Marie
12-13-2016, 11:58 PM
That's the first Vietnamese spammer we've had here.

Wow, how exciting! Maybe it's Marlon Brando? ;)

Noir
12-14-2016, 07:30 AM

While the 'all men are really rapists' is hyperbole, it's fair to say that all the men who were quite outspoken about saying 'hey that's how all guys talk to eachother' when Trump was talking about women in a none-to-positive manor, have really paved a path for the 'this is how all men are' crowd, which is fair.

Kathianne
12-14-2016, 07:50 AM
While the 'all men are really rapists' is hyperbole, it's fair to say that all the men who were quite outspoken about saying 'hey that's how all guys talk to eachother' when Trump was talking about women in a none-to-positive manor, have really paved a path for the 'this is how all men are' crowd, which is fair.

Seems to me that what you're saying in a nutshell is that 'fair' is both sides being wrong.

Noir
12-14-2016, 09:23 AM
Seems to me that what you're saying in a nutshell is that 'fair' is both sides being wrong.

Yeah pretty much, both sides are feeding eachother, which is fair enough, but it's not exactly a soup from which productive discussion emerges.

Abbey Marie
12-14-2016, 10:40 AM

There is a big difference between men behaving aggressively, and men saying that there is such a thing as locker-room talk. Saying something exists, condoning it, and acting aggressively towards women, are three different things, and IMO should not be equated.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-14-2016, 11:03 AM
While the 'all men are really rapists' is hyperbole, it's fair to say that all the men who were quite outspoken about saying 'hey that's how all guys talk to each other' when Trump was talking about women in a none-to-positive manor, have really paved a path for the 'this is how all men are' crowd, which is fair.

Really, how is it fair to say???
.. Those men merely pointed out that guys talk to-each other- in a far less civil and mild mannered way than when speaking elsewhere , especially in -private conversions-- and even more so when the subject is women and sex.
While it is true that men in general should be far more respectful to and in how they interact with women, its also true we are programmed(genetics) to be far more aggressive and eager to engage in sex--that is survival of the species genetic programming built into us with our sex-drive.
The mark of a man is how well he behaves himself around women and children.
I've never tolerated --any man-- behaving badly around any of my female relatives.
And lord help any that heeded not my warnings about doing such....
To teach them a lesson about their rudeness around women and children -I simply gave a quick demonstration of my savagery.
The one I now keepeth under strong lock and well hidden key(once it existed with no lock).--Tyr

Noir
12-14-2016, 01:02 PM
"I simply gave a quick demonstration of my savagery."

Near choked on my toast, what a quality statement to a) think of b) then type out :laugh:

This was discussed at length in the previous thread, and I doubt much has changed since then, at the end of the day if you're fine with people talking about women like that then don't be surprised or feel hard done by when other people take exception to it.

NightTrain
12-14-2016, 01:14 PM
This was discussed at length in the previous thread, and I doubt much has changed since then, at the end of the day if you're fine with people talking about women like that then don't be surprised or feel hard done by when other people take exception to it.

No one said that Locker Room Talk was fine, which you fully understand but blithely pretend you don't.

It was said that it DOES occur amongst males at times, and that every single male has done it, right or wrong.

All except you, Noir. You claimed you never did it, which I'll just chalk up to a lie on your part.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-14-2016, 01:15 PM
"I simply gave a quick demonstration of my savagery."

Near choked on my toast, what a quality statement to a) think of b) then type out :laugh:

Near choked on my toast, what a quality statement to a) think of b) then type out

You do realize that MY statement was about what action I toke against rude men. Men mistreating women and/or children.
As to me stating such, its the truth-I acted in accord to the way thy themselves had just acted.
Only may action was retaliation against an adult male , not rudeness , vulgarity towards women and children.
Was a time in this country that men (by a large majority) were loath to act indecent, disrespectful and/or vulgar around women and children.
Liberals and their progressive ideas drove that common behavior into the abyss.

Watch that choking Hoss, as sometimes its a killer and the grave as no return doorway.. ;)

And always rely on me stating the truth about my past, regardless of who, it may or may not offend..-Tyr

Noir
12-14-2016, 01:28 PM
No one said that Locker Room Talk was fine, which you fully understand but blithely pretend you don't.

It was said that it DOES occur amongst males at times, and that every single male has done it, right or wrong.

All except you, Noir. You claimed you never did it, which I'll just chalk up to a lie on your part.

'I don't think it's fine to talk about sexually assaulting women, I just do it from time to time' sure thing.

Noir
12-14-2016, 01:30 PM
tYou do realize that MY statement was about what action I toke against rude men. Men mistreating women and/or children.

Only when the 'mistreatment'was in earshot of said women though, yeah?

jimnyc
12-14-2016, 01:52 PM
Yikes, I'm doing 25 to life or perhaps the death penalty for my words over the years!

I can sorta recall what a pig I was, perhaps being at a large part with friends, tying on a nice one and not feeling any pain, a beautiful girl walks on by, and then I wait and say something to the effect of "Oh yeah, I'd sure like to bend her over!"

I know, I was a pig - while with the guys. I certainly never said such a thing in front of women or to a woman. Funny, it's because I would say "I respect them too much" to talk like that in front of them. But apparently that would be scoffed at. Truth is, men talk like pigs sometimes when left alone. We are pigs, I make no apologies, none personally.

But if this is wrong, and talking about sexually assaulting them, maybe that goes further and I get charged with all of that assault? http://i.imgur.com/uHXK6yd.gif

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-14-2016, 02:35 PM
Only when the 'mistreatment'was in earshot of said women though, yeah?
Yes, when it was within the hearing or seeing capabilities of the women or the children.
I CERTAINLY DID NOT THINK IT OK TO STOMP HELL OUT OF A MAN FOR DOING SO IN A PRIVATE CONVERSATION UNLESS HE SPOKE TO ME DIRECTLY AND INSULTED ONE OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS OR FRIENDS IN SUCH A WAY.
It was not my job to police people unless I had direct and justified cause to do so.
However, guys that were nasty as hell with their language and disrespectful as a personal standard(character flaw) towards women
got no respect from me and were made known that was the case, and that was, made known whether it offended them or not! -TYR