PDA

View Full Version : Trolling level: grand master

jimnyc
12-12-2016, 02:16 PM
I'd be curious as to the protocol of all the past presidents, and how often they attended and how often it was the VP or someone else in charge. I would hope that anything worthy of attention would of course immediately be brought to his attention. But if it is repetitive things, day after day, then I don't blame him for delegating. Just funny how it's stated, and then I had to post because of the grand master comment they laid down! LOL

-----

Trump Says He's 'A Smart Person,' Doesn't Need Daily Intelligence Briefings

President-elect Donald Trump continues to defy convention and ruffle institutional feathers. In a wide-ranging interview with Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday," Trump indicated he will delegate daily intelligence briefings to subordinates. From the Daily Mail:

"I get it when I need it," [Trump] said on Fox News of the top-secret briefings sessions, adding that he's leaving it up to the briefers to decide when a development represents a "change" big enough to notify him.

"I'm, like, a smart person. I don't have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years," Trump said.

Read in excerpt like that, Trump's remarks may come across as arrogant. He presumes that he will be in office for two terms, touts his own intellect, and downplays the importance of a critical presidential role.

However, when viewed in context (as you can see on the next page), Trump's position proves much less provocative. His "smart person" comment comes off less as a reference to some exclusive ability, and more like the standard capacity most of us have to remember something when first told. He could have just as easily said, "I'm not an idiot. I don't have to be told the same thing in the same words."

Trump went on to note that his generals and Vice President-elect Mike Pence will receive routine daily briefings, presumably including the redundancies he seeks to avoid. This is consistent with his articulated tendency to delegate tasks to "the best people."

Rest here - https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/12/11/trump-says-hes-a-smart-person-doesnt-need-daily-intelligence-briefings/?singlepage=true

Abbey Marie
12-12-2016, 03:29 PM
Confound that man! He just won't play by our rules.

pete311
12-12-2016, 03:49 PM
Last pres not to accept intel briefings and in fact was completely distrusting of the intel community was Nixon. Look how well that turned out.

NightTrain
12-12-2016, 03:54 PM
He's playing them for the fools they are, and it's quite entertaining.

Trump : So, I've been thinking about appointing a few people... hey, look, a squirrel!

Moonbats : Holy shit! Get that nazi squirrel, NOW!

Trump : Also, I'm thinking about talking to Algore as we consider the EPA honcho.

Moonbats : wtf?

Trump : Nevermind, how about Pruitt? He's been wanting to dismantle the EPA for a while now, and has lawsuits to prove it.

Moonbats : Satan! HITLER!

Trump : Regarding the Secretary of State, how about Mittens? Let's discuss over dinner.

Pence : LOL!

Moonbats : wtf? Doesn't he hate you? And can we come to dinner, too?

Trump : No.

Mittens : Cool! I didn't mean any of that shit, buddy! I'm on your side now! Put me in, Coach!

Trump : On second thought, Tillerson is a better choice than Mittens. He's not nearly as stabby.

Moonbats : Big oil! SATAN! HITLER!

Abbey Marie
12-12-2016, 04:17 PM
He's playing them for the fools they are, and it's quite entertaining.

Trump : So, I've been thinking about appointing a few people... hey, look, a squirrel!

Moonbats : Holy shit! Get that nazi squirrel, NOW!

Trump : Also, I'm thinking about talking to Algore as we consider the EPA honcho.

Moonbats : wtf?

Trump : Nevermind, how about Pruitt? He's been wanting to dismantle the EPA for a while now, and has lawsuits to prove it.

Moonbats : Satan! HITLER!

Trump : Regarding the Secretary of State, how about Mittens? Let's discuss over dinner.

Pence : LOL!

Moonbats : wtf? Doesn't he hate you? And can we come to dinner, too?

Trump : No.

Mittens : Cool! I didn't mean any of that shit, buddy! I'm on your side now! Put me in, Coach!

Trump : On second thought, Tillerson is a better choice than Mittens. He's not nearly as stabby.

Moonbats : Big oil! SATAN! HITLER!

Safe space! Safe space!

jimnyc
12-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Last pres not to accept intel briefings and in fact was completely distrusting of the intel community was Nixon. Look how well that turned out.

And he didn't say he wouldn't accept them, dummy, he just said he won't be doing so every day, no need for the repetitiveness.

And it's ALLLLLLLL turning out GREAT from my point of view. Non-stop great appointments and nominees, gearing up for a great 4 years. Him getting involved in intel briefings, and having Pence or others sit in between, makes complete sense to me. I'm more than confident that if it's even slightly important, he'll be notified regardless.

jimnyc
12-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Safe space! Safe space!

Oh, the last few days, the upcoming electorates... Generals in the WH, an Exxon CEO and Trump doing as he pleases, and stating America first.

Yups, there may not be room for Petey in the rooms, better get your foot in early!!

aboutime
12-12-2016, 04:29 PM
I am unaware how many people have ever been in the navy, as I make a comparison to Donalds statement about Not needing a DAILY Security Briefing.
What I mean is. In the navy, aboard ship. We always had a document everyone could refer to called "THE PLAN OF THE DAY". It was important, only because it listed special operational training periods, or emergency training times, and periods to make the crew aware of the ROUTINE for each, and every day.

Nine times out of TEN days. Except for the date, and times of special ops. THE PLAN OF THE DAY WAS IDENTICAL, each, and every day...Except Sunday.
Anyone who is complaining about TRUMP'S not attending the Daily Briefings, have NO IDEA exactly WHAT information is REPEATED, verbatim...Every day.
And, if there is anything SPECIAL, PRESSING, or Considered Emergency Status that the President SHOULD KNOW...right away...Those around TRUMP WILL INFORM HIM OF SUCH THINGS.
That is why he, like other presidents have CABINET members who gather, and determine WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE, and SHARED WITH THE PRESIDENT.

So..all of this WHINING, (actually pretending of the sky falling) IS FOOLISH.
:saluting2:

jimnyc
12-14-2016, 04:11 PM
I did a little more reading (Imagine that, my head is going to explode), and I think I just jumped to conclusions, and thought of it in a 'business' like manner, delegation, and as if he can just get a text if they needed him.

At any rate, I'm changing my stance on this one. I'm against Trump on this one. The security of our nation is too important. Sure, he can get updated a few hours later by whomever he delegated to, but I still don't like it. Look at the times we live in, and how the bastards in various radical muslim groups have sworn to attack in any way they can. A few minutes in a briefing somehow very well may stop an attack. I don't know how these meetings work, how long they are or where they are (oval office?). It's possible the dirty egghead was just kidding in his response, but still not cool. Get your rich ass in there and hear it out. You're probably going to need it, along with Mattis, to properly bomb the shit out of Isis! :)

Elessar
12-14-2016, 07:43 PM
I went through a lot of INTEL briefings, especially if I was not on watch, but dayworking.

Hearing the same thing 4-5 times a week gets really boring.

On watch, daily SAR and LE briefings are a bit different. They change day to day.

jimnyc
12-14-2016, 08:14 PM
What put me over the edge, was reading an article today, and they stated that God forbid should there be some sort of attack, he would immediately be held responsible for not attending any briefings.

Funny liberals: Obama attended briefings, attacks were made on our soil, he denies that ever happens, and liberals are tight lipped about said attacks. If a similar shooting/stabbing/attack happens after Trump is in office, even if attending briefs daily - you know the liberals will blame him as if he pulled the trigger.

darin
12-15-2016, 02:14 AM

You're a liar. You are intellectually stunted to draw those comparisons.

What trump is doing is called "delegation". The best leaders empower their subordinates to make tough choices within the framework of the leader's vision and priorities.

You've done nothing to serve the nation; your viewpoint on those who have is worthless.

darin
12-15-2016, 02:17 AM
I did a little more reading (Imagine that, my head is going to explode), and I think I just jumped to conclusions, and thought of it in a 'business' like manner, delegation, and as if he can just get a text if they needed him.

At any rate, I'm changing my stance on this one. I'm against Trump on this one. The security of our nation is too important. Sure, he can get updated a few hours later by whomever he delegated to, but I still don't like it. Look at the times we live in, and how the bastards in various radical muslim groups have sworn to attack in any way they can. A few minutes in a briefing somehow very well may stop an attack. I don't know how these meetings work, how long they are or where they are (oval office?). It's possible the dirty egghead was just kidding in his response, but still not cool. Get your rich ass in there and hear it out. You're probably going to need it, along with Mattis, to properly bomb the shit out of Isis! :)

You're not understanding something.

If something hot comes down the pipe. If something serious happens those in charge of that info have a DUTY to bring it to POTUS immediately. You're not understanding that intel does not only flow in at those briefings. There's nothing that the President can affect change upon that would stop a brief because if there WAS something like that happening, POTUS would be interrupted and faced with the decision point.

CSM
12-15-2016, 07:40 AM
I have sat in more intel briefings than I can count. Trump knows what he is talking about. The same crap every day without change. Does anyone really believe that if something urgent or even critical happens that the President will not be informed? Does anyone really believe that any President won't give instructions to the Intel community regarding specific items and requiring specific updates and clarification on those items? Of course, most of the idiots spouting off have NO CLUE about how intel briefings are developed, updated and presented. Yet they do not hesitate to pontificate about horrible it is that Trump will decide if he needs a brief or not.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-15-2016, 07:58 AM
All this crying now!
Yet when the obama spent his time in meetings about gay rights, how to force business to install transgender bathrooms, give extra special rights to muslims, encouraging racial strife, promoting the NBPP, setting the stage for black rioting, destroying the coal industry, take away our 2nd Amendment rights , etc, etc, etc.--these same assholes saw no problem with national security issues being put on back burners, military weakened, military purged, allies alienation, enemies coddled!
To hell with all these hypocritical POS NOW SUDDENLY SCREAMING ABOUT NATIONAL SECURITY!..
When they fully support obama giving Iran nukes and his protecting ISIS FROM DESTRUCTION-BY GIVING IT TIME TO GROW AND GET MORE ORGANIZED.
Sorry, my bad, I typed ISIS when instead I should have typed that- "junior varsity team,, right"? :rolleyes:--Tyr

CSM
12-15-2016, 08:08 AM
All this crying now!
Yet when the obama spent his time in meetings about gay rights, how to force business to install transgender bathrooms, give extra special rights to muslims, encouraging racial strife, promoting the NBPP, setting the stage for black rioting, destroying the coal industry, take away our 2nd Amendment rights , etc, etc, etc.--these same assholes saw no problem with national security issues being put on back burners, military weakened, military purged, allies alienation, enemies coddled!
To hell with all these hypocritical POS NOW SUDDENLY SCREAMING ABOUT NATIONAL SECURITY!..
When they fully support obama giving Iran nukes and his protecting ISIS FROM DESTRUCTION-BY GIVING IT TIME TO GROW AND GET MORE ORGANIZED.
Sorry, my bad, I typed ISIS when instead I should have typed that- "junior varsity team,, right"? :rolleyes:--Tyr

Yep. Where was all the outrage when HRC sold off 20% of the US nuclear material resources? Aw, it was no big deal.
Another interesting little factoid is that the Russians (and the Chinese, North Koreans, along with just about everyone else) were hacking into US systems since forever started.... long before Trump even entered the primaries, never mind become the nominee.

aboutime
12-15-2016, 07:51 PM
I went through a lot of INTEL briefings, especially if I was not on watch, but dayworking.

Hearing the same thing 4-5 times a week gets really boring.

On watch, daily SAR and LE briefings are a bit different. They change day to day.

Elessar. As the leading Radioman in two different commands, and being the CMS custodian with the Comm officer. I presented the Intel to the chain of command on a daily basis, in private briefings generally.
As for TRUMP not attending those daily briefings. THAT IS ALL LIBERAL BS.
Every day, and generally, every four hours. NEW INTEL TRAFFIC is delivered, or handed to the CO, XO, or ADMIRAL, GENERAL, SECDEF, and even.....THE PRESIDENT.

So, everyone who's whining about TRUMP not being involved...AS THEY THINK HE SHOULD, only need to shut up, and stop complaining about something THEY THINK is wrong.
This country is full of SPOILED, nearly Totally Illiterate crybabies, who are on the brink of becoming the NEW CENTURY'S Wussies.

Elessar
12-15-2016, 08:26 PM
I have sat in more intel briefings than I can count. Trump knows what he is talking about. The same crap every day without change. Does anyone really believe that if something urgent or even critical happens that the President will not be informed? Does anyone really believe that any President won't give instructions to the Intel community regarding specific items and requiring specific updates and clarification on those items? Of course, most of the idiots spouting off have NO CLUE about how intel briefings are developed, updated and presented. Yet they do not hesitate to pontificate about horrible it is that Trump will decide if he needs a brief or not.

Sat in on many CSM. They get repetitive. However, if something of note was to come up, I was always
able to burst into a meeting - no matter with whom - and brief the Command immediately....those that were cleared
to hear what I got.

Civilians have not got a clue.

jimnyc
12-16-2016, 12:33 PM
I know I'm one of the clueless ones, and admittedly so, but that's because I literally have no idea how these briefings work. Like I had stated earlier - who's in attendance? Who would be delegated? How long are they? Where are they? I know, some dumb questions, but I'm a dumb guy.

I had just thought it over and read some articles as I posted earlier. Imagine there's another stabbing, and say 8 people are killed by yet another radical muslim. Then word comes out about how he got word from ISIS in the middle east. Then we find out that Trump refused to go to meetings. And we then find out that in these meetings there was discussion about radicals and their desires to perform stabbings in whatever state. And hell, also assume that Trump was updated with every last detail a half an hour later - AND he even received a recording of it AND there's proof that he listened to it. We know the liberals will still blame him as a result, and point out his refusals as the reason lives were lost. We know this wouldn't be true, but that's what we would hear anyway.

I know this much, it won't HURT for him to attend.

Then again, it's possible that it IS entirely a waste to literally hear the 'exact' same thing over and over and over. And in that case, and not just for him - but perhaps make it clear when things are "new", so it changes who wants/needs to go? And like others stated before, it's the DUTY of some to go to him with information anyway. And even if not, I can't imagine if there's anything new, and even remotely negative, that someone wouldn't be with him immediately anyway.

I think this really comes down to him acting as if he's too smart and/or smarter than others. That type of stuff obviously pisses others off. I don't for a second think he has any intent of being lazy when it comes to intelligence.

CSM
12-19-2016, 08:54 AM
I know I'm one of the clueless ones, and admittedly so, but that's because I literally have no idea how these briefings work. Like I had stated earlier - who's in attendance? Who would be delegated? How long are they? Where are they? I know, some dumb questions, but I'm a dumb guy.

I had just thought it over and read some articles as I posted earlier. Imagine there's another stabbing, and say 8 people are killed by yet another radical muslim. Then word comes out about how he got word from ISIS in the middle east. Then we find out that Trump refused to go to meetings. And we then find out that in these meetings there was discussion about radicals and their desires to perform stabbings in whatever state. And hell, also assume that Trump was updated with every last detail a half an hour later - AND he even received a recording of it AND there's proof that he listened to it. We know the liberals will still blame him as a result, and point out his refusals as the reason lives were lost. We know this wouldn't be true, but that's what we would hear anyway.

I know this much, it won't HURT for him to attend.

Then again, it's possible that it IS entirely a waste to literally hear the 'exact' same thing over and over and over. And in that case, and not just for him - but perhaps make it clear when things are "new", so it changes who wants/needs to go? And like others stated before, it's the DUTY of some to go to him with information anyway. And even if not, I can't imagine if there's anything new, and even remotely negative, that someone wouldn't be with him immediately anyway.

I think this really comes down to him acting as if he's too smart and/or smarter than others. That type of stuff obviously pisses others off. I don't for a second think he has any intent of being lazy when it comes to intelligence.

Well, we already have had a president that finds things out "when everybody else does" when he saw it (or read it) in the "news". It was ok then and NO ONE even commented on that.