PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Home

Kathianne
12-14-2016, 08:19 AM
It's 10 degrees there. 44 here, 6:15am. High today there: 17. High here: 69.

Sigh. Miss home, not the weather!

jimnyc
12-14-2016, 10:25 AM
I'm finding as I get older that I miss a lot of things, and yep, missing home is one of them. Home to me is Jersey overall, but of course my neighborhood has a special spot.

Now you should be happy though! Look at where you're at!! While I miss home, I'm stuck in stinky NY! :laugh2:

Gunny
12-14-2016, 10:34 AM
I'm finding as I get older that I miss a lot of things, and yep, missing home is one of them. Home to me is Jersey overall, but of course my neighborhood has a special spot.

Now you should be happy though! Look at where you're at!! While I miss home, I'm stuck in stinky NY! :laugh2:I miss almost everywhere I've ever lived. There's very few places I could find nothing good about.

Note the "almost" qualifier jimnyc . I's rather go back to the ME than NY:laugh2:

jimnyc
12-14-2016, 10:44 AM
I miss almost everywhere I've ever lived. There's very few places I could find nothing good about.

Note the "almost" qualifier jimnyc . I's rather go back to the ME than NY:laugh2:

Hell, I've never been there, but I would likely join you if it got me out of this place. :)

NY isn't all bad, there are some pockets of good areas, and all of upstate is beautiful. But the entire state is a blue state, so that means I'm forever dealing with dummies, and I'm sure dummies that think I'm a dummy too. But we all know the truth. :)

But the weather, I'm just tiring of the northeast weather. But it's funny, same as my Dad, who moved to SC/Florida in 1990, who is now going to move 'back' to Delaware because he's tired of the heat!

Bilgerat
12-14-2016, 10:57 AM
Home for me was Maine

However, when I see or hear that the temp there is around 38 and it's a lovely 77 here, well I miss that a WHOLE lot less

Abbey Marie
12-14-2016, 11:05 AM
Heat is not for me. Heck, we're talking moving to New Hampshire. But I've lived in 3 states, and many places, so I don't have a feeling of a definite "home" anymore.

I totally get how awful it is to live amongst all Dems. It affects policy and IMO ruins everything!

I really want a coastline nearby, lots of trees, privacy, not much hot weather, and 4 distinct seasons. And preferably an 18th century colonial home.

Gunny
12-14-2016, 11:06 AM
Hell, I've never been there, but I would likely join you if it got me out of this place. :)

NY isn't all bad, there are some pockets of good areas, and all of upstate is beautiful. But the entire state is a blue state, so that means I'm forever dealing with dummies, and I'm sure dummies that think I'm a dummy too. But we all know the truth. :)

But the weather, I'm just tiring of the northeast weather. But it's funny, same as my Dad, who moved to SC/Florida in 1990, who is now going to move 'back' to Delaware because he's tired of the heat!

Oh let's all move to FL. If you ain't sweating your tail off and chasing skeeters, you're just getting ready to. That's as brilliant as the let's move to Texas crowd. It's warmer. Yeah, it is. 110 in the shade. Y'all come on down. In my next life life I want to be a bodybag supplier if the AC cuts out. :laugh:

jimnyc
12-14-2016, 11:16 AM
Oh let's all move to FL. If you ain't sweating your tail off and chasing skeeters, you're just getting ready to. That's as brilliant as the let's move to Texas crowd. It's warmer. Yeah, it is. 110 in the shade. Y'all come on down. In my next life life I want to be a bodybag supplier if the AC cuts out. :laugh:

I honestly could probably live anywhere, so long as there are no problems with the electricity. I run my air condition 24x7x365x17years now. :)

Bilgerat
12-14-2016, 11:24 AM
And preferably an 18th century colonial home.

Don't forget the staff (lol)

https://filmreviewonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Downton-Abbey-4-007.jpg

Gunny
12-14-2016, 11:26 AM
I honestly could probably live anywhere, so long as there are no problems with the electricity. I run my air condition 24x7x365x17years now. :)
Good. In 18 years I'll be shoveling your ass off the sidewalk. Keep that insurance up. I don't work for free.

You forget my side job is electricity. I'll turn the shit off on you. I don't want to be waiting around 18 years. I'll just get you moved in good.:laugh:

Gunny
12-14-2016, 02:46 PM
What I like about home? It's that place you can go to where somebody actually gives a crap. Doesn't really matter what planet it's on.