PDA

View Full Version : Listening to People Who Did Not Vote for Him

jimnyc
12-14-2016, 02:51 PM
Not that it has anything to do with anything, but this is one of the best running backs to ever play football. I wish I could have watched him play live in his prime.

But his words are odd, as they don't seem to go along with the narrative we've been told about Trump. :)
-----

Hall-of-Famer Jim Brown Praises Trump for 'Listening to People Who Did Not Vote for Him'

(CNSNews.com) - Football Hall-of-Famer Jim Brown had only good things to say about his meeting with President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday.

Brown, who voted for Hillary Clinton, said that Trump won the election "fair and square," and "he's amenable to listening to people who did not vote for him."

"But I fell in love with him because he really talks about helping African-American black people. And that's why I'm here," Brown told CNN's Brooke Baldwin.

"You fell in love with Donald Trump today," Baldwin echoed.

"Well, it isn't really just about Donald Trump," Brown said. "It's about him and the position he occupies. That position is considered the most important person in the world. The most powerful person in the world is supposed to be our president.

"When he goes through what he went through to become our president, he's got my admiration. Because no one gave him a chance. You know, they called him names. People that called him names, when he won, he reached back and brought them along with him. He held no grudges. So who am I to say I played quarterback when I only played running back? I don't know everything and I don't try to address everything.

"But the reception I got today from him? I'll always remember that. Because he listened to us, and he knows that we can bring something to him to help the people of this country."

Brown was a star running back for the Cleveland Browns. After his retirement in 1967, he went on to act in movies and to advocate on behalf of underprivileged people through his self-empowerment Amer-I-Can program.

Brown said his meeting with Trump was all about how to make America a better country: "We talked about the poor people; we talked about African-American people; we talked about education, getting rid of violence; how to deal with economic development realistically; and how to work together."

On Wednesday, appearing on CNN's "New Day," Brown clarified his falling in love remark. He said he was talking about Pastor Darrell Scott, a long-time Trump supporter who introduced him to Trump and appeared with him on CNN.

But that's not how it sounded on Tuesday.

Rest here - http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/hall-famer-jim-brown-praises-trump-listening-people-who-did-not-vote-him