PDA

View Full Version : Guess I'm a hippie now.

dan
07-31-2007, 05:25 AM
I went to my first Widespread Panic show this past Saturday in Charlotte. Quite a time, I've never seen so many hippies gathered in one place. But, it was a good show, and the overall mood in the place was very positive, so it was a great time.

The ClayTaurus
07-31-2007, 07:18 AM
I went to my first Widespread Panic show this past Saturday in Charlotte. Quite a time, I've never seen so many hippies gathered in one place. But, it was a good show, and the overall mood in the place was very positive, so it was a great time.Stupid hippies.

:banana2:

Gaffer
07-31-2007, 11:10 AM
What the hell is a wide spread panic show?

dan
07-31-2007, 12:18 PM
Widespread Panic is a fairly popular (among the hippie crowd) jam band, basically a more hard-rock version of Phish. Basically, they're like the Dead of our generation, only every Panic and Dead fan would deny that and probably be pretty pissed at my even saying it.

Abbey Marie
07-31-2007, 12:40 PM
The Dead and hard rock just don't go together.

Hagbard Celine
07-31-2007, 01:03 PM
I've been to a few of their shows. They're pretty good I guess, but I think all their songs start to sound the same after a while.

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 01:19 PM
The Dead and hard rock just don't go together.

The Dead????????

Abbey Marie
07-31-2007, 01:39 PM
The Dead????????

You know I like you Nevada, but as a former Dead Head, I have to do this: :slap:

Type "Grateful Dead" into your search engine, and get back to me. :)

The ClayTaurus
07-31-2007, 01:52 PM
:pee:Jam Bands. :salute:

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 01:52 PM
You know I like you Nevada, but as a former Dead Head, I have to do this: :slap:

Oh them........... Arn't they from like the 50's? :laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 01:53 PM

Dead Head? I can't believe that, i've seen some of your posts and you seem to be Dead in the Head. :laugh2: ;)

dan
08-01-2007, 05:45 AM
I've been to a few of their shows. They're pretty good I guess, but I think all their songs start to sound the same after a while.

Yeah, that's pretty much any jam band for me. But, hey, the ticket was free, the hotel room was free, and it was fun, so whatever.

nevadamedic
08-01-2007, 08:29 AM
If you want to see a good band live I suggest you see 3 Doors Down. I have seen them 9 or 10 times. Everytime they come here. They put on an awesome concert. The only concert's that were as good that ive been to were U2 and Kid Rock.

actsnoblemartin
08-01-2007, 08:40 AM
hahahahah

Stupid hippies.

:banana2:

dan
08-01-2007, 09:23 AM
If you want to see a good band live I suggest you see 3 Doors Down. I have seen them 9 or 10 times. Everytime they come here. They put on an awesome concert. The only concert's that were as good that ive been to were U2 and Kid Rock.

I actually saw 3 Doors Down about four or five years ago. I think they were having an off night, the band sounded okay, but the singer was so drunk he couldn't even remember the words and they quit playing after about five songs.

jimnyc
08-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Did you convert to a hippie, Dan? How many doobies did you smoke? :)

dan
08-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Did you convert to a hippie, Dan? How many doobies did you smoke? :)

I don't know how many doobies I smoked, once the acid and shrooms kicked in, I couldn't tell up from down!

Just kidding. But, nah, I'm too self-centered to be a hippie. Screw the planet, gimme a cheeseburger!

jimnyc
08-01-2007, 11:51 AM
I don't know how many doobies I smoked, once the acid and shrooms kicked in, I couldn't tell up from down!

Just kidding. But, nah, I'm too self-centered to be a hippie. Screw the planet, gimme a cheeseburger!

Why you filthy liar! You're just afraid I'll tell Dad about your escapades! LOL

I'm sure by now Jeff has long since ratted you out for your little sprint on the beach at the beach house under a dare? But at least you didn't set the fucking beach on fire like Janeen! As usual, I was only responsible for for getting us into fights and having the law called! :)

dan
08-01-2007, 12:53 PM

I'm sure by now Jeff has long since ratted you out for your little sprint on the beach at the beach house under a dare? But at least you didn't set the fucking beach on fire like Janeen! As usual, I was only responsible for for getting us into fights and having the law called! :)

Yeah, that was a crazy night. What I remember of it, anyhow!

nevadamedic
08-01-2007, 02:29 PM

Dan's related to you too?

dan
08-02-2007, 05:19 AM
Jim's my older brother.

jimnyc
08-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Dan's related to you too?

What's wrong, have trouble believing the liberal bastard is my brother? :)

Dan is quite liberal but very rarely gets involved in the political discussions. Likely my own fault as I laid into him pretty hard once over a discussion. Shouldn't have done so, and I apologize, but no one is exempt from my wrath! LOL

Abbey Marie
08-02-2007, 11:17 AM

Dan is quite liberal but very rarely gets involved in the political discussions. Likely my own fault as I laid into him pretty hard once over a discussion. Shouldn't have done so, and I apologize, but no one is exempt from my wrath! LOL

If he's young, he's supposed to be liberal. :coffee:

nevadamedic
08-02-2007, 11:45 AM

How many brothers and sisters do you have? Isn't Evil your brother too?

dan
08-02-2007, 11:54 AM

:finger3:

Nah, it's nothing to do with that at all. Honestly, it's mostly that I'm too lazy to look up sources to support my opinion, which is a cop-out. But, I've been on there more lately.

Although, now that you mention it, it has been a while since I got asked to leave the board!:laugh2:

jimnyc
08-02-2007, 11:55 AM
How many brothers and sisters do you have? Isn't Evil your brother too?

Sir Evil is my brother but rarely posts. My sister and eldest brother posted at my old board but haven't come here. My Mom is here as "Joan". And now you know about Dan.

jimnyc
08-02-2007, 11:57 AM
:finger3:

Nah, it's nothing to do with that at all. Honestly, it's mostly that I'm too lazy to look up sources to support my opinion, which is a cop-out. But, I've been on there more lately.

Although, now that you mention it, it has been a while since I got asked to leave the board!:laugh2:

Use sources to backup statements claiming facts. Otherwise you don't owe anyone jack shit for your opinions!

Damn, I am a prick! I asked you to leave, tossed John 2x and had banned Janeen for awhile at USMB. But I'm a biased prick as they claim! :)

dan
08-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Well, next time someone whines for getting banned, just direct them to this thread and let them know that if your entire famiy is capable of getting the boot, so are they!:laugh2:

nevadamedic
08-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Sir Evil is my brother but rarely posts. My sister and eldest brother posted at my old board but haven't come here. My Mom is here as "Joan". And now you know about Dan.

You need to tell Evil to get his lazy ass back here and do his Evil's Observer. For the most part I think most everyone here misses that.

I hope your brothers and sister isn't like you, your poor mom, she would have had a handful. :laugh2: