PDA

View Full Version : Jim Brown's reply to racially charged question

jimnyc
12-15-2016, 03:12 PM
And now I love him this much more. I had no idea of any of this obviously. He could have just been silent, he could have went political, he could have went various ways - instead he very clearly stated that he doesn't look at things like she put in front of him and see black and white - and bravo for him!!

-----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBZlC2zN1X4

jimnyc
12-15-2016, 03:17 PM
And while on former athletes and Trump, this was right next to the other article. This is pretty good advice from the former bad ass!

-----

Ray Lewis: All Trump Wants is a Fair Chance

The sports world was tossed into a frenzy this week after former NFL players Jim Brown and Ray Lewis met with President-elect Donald Trump in his New York apartment building on Tuesday.

(Twitter)Met with many creative business people today ... not to discuss politics but to look at how to create Real Impact - regardless of what party is involved.
$22 Trillion has been spent to seek to eradicate poverty since President Johnson declared War on Poverty.
But we still are in need of Real Impact. Met with many today seeking a business approach with quantifiable results.
The Ferguson, Baltimore, Los Angeles 1000 movement is a business model as well. Led by entrepreneurs, it is a national economic development job creation model that changes lives in 52 days.
We don't need more programs or protests, we need projects and a plan.
We want to partner with the aim of opening 20 plus cities creating jobs, growing Black Tech firms , helping those with records to get back into society as a productive contributor and providing young urban men and women true answers for a better future. We want to change people from tax takers to tax payers.
Jim Brown has led with the vision from the start and Amer-I-Can is the vehicle. Wherever Papa asks me to go, I will follow. His vision reaches far beyond platforms into plans. We made great strides today to partner with the government to help urban communities

Lewis was immediately forced to fill the airways with a sense of calming to those who opposed the meeting. Lewis was on FS1's The Herd and Speak for Yourself on Thursday to let athletes know that Trump is a businessman first.

"He's a 100% businessman, it's all he knows. If it makes dollars it makes sense," Lewis established. "He has his own, so he doesn't have to ask nobody for nothing," Lewis said referring to Trump's financial security. "But what I really think he wants is for people to give him a fair chance."

"In life, either you're gonna go do something, or you're gonna watch something being done. And right now, whether you like him or not, he is gonna be our president for the next four years," Lewis said of Trump.

The majority of the panel was directing their attention to LeBron James, who has adamantly opposed President-elect Trump.

"I know LeBron and know he'll be with it," Lewis said. "When we call on him, to really need him, I guarantee you he will come over."

Rest here - http://townhall.com/tipsheet/justinholcomb/2016/12/15/ray-lewis-donald-trump-is-all-business-if-it-makes-dollars-it-makes-sense-n2260182

hjmick
12-15-2016, 04:21 PM
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."