PDA

View Full Version : Libs Send Get Well Wishs To Justice Roberts

red states rule
07-31-2007, 05:36 AM
Libs are never shy to show their true colors

Hateful Left Cheers Roberts Medical News
By Matthew Sheffield | July 31, 2007 - 00:41 ET
Leftists talk constantly of their own "compassion" but you can always count on them to express glee whenever a prominent conservative or religious person dies or is injured. It's almost like clockwork.

"Humor" blog Wonkette.com had this to say about the Monday news that U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Roberts had a minor seizure:

Chief Justice John Roberts has died in his summer home in Maine. No, not really, but we know you have your fingers crossed.

To get an idea of just how full of hate and ill humor Wonkette has become, realize this: the moonbats at Democratic Underground have actually been more civil about Roberts's medical condition as you can see in this thread here.

The respect actually set off one of the DUers, one "wakfs" by name, who apparently is reading the wrong leftist web site. I've taken the liberty of removing the vulgarities:

And this is why Republicans win. We're too nice.

"Oooh lets wish him well. Let's hope for a speedy recovery." BULLS---.

I hope the guy has a serious illness that doesn't kill him, but lays him just low enough to linger until we have a Democratic president take office in 09, THEN he can take his well-deserved dirt nap. These people are evil, corrupt, ruthless tools of corporate america and they will stop at nothing to grant their masters all manner of legal goodies via the Supreme Court at the expense of average working americans like me. I hope they get everything coming to them, and moreso.

You wanna win? You gotta be heartless and ruthless. Roberts is a joke as a supreme court justice, let alone chief justice. Frankly, I'd rather see that fat pr--- Scalia bite the big one, but we're not that lucky. Hey, maybe a bunch of those self-important cretins will die prematurely when the Democratic president takes office in 09.

Just saying what everyone's thinking, or SHOULD be thinking. Remember who the enemy is.

This prompted the saner "Tab" to reprimand wakfs for his/her/its hatefulness to which wakfs replies: "Yes. I do hate them. With every fiber of my existence. No punishment is too great for these creeps."

Only one other DUer joined in, one "angryxyouth:"

I am with you!!

This bastard is helping to build the new Fascist America that we all are currently living in. Wake up people.

With "tolerance" like this, who needs intolerance?
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2007/07/31/hateful-left-cheers-roberts-medical-news

red states rule
07-31-2007, 05:38 AM
If you want to see the oh so compassionate left in all their glory.........

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=2935326&mesg_id=2935326

diuretic
07-31-2007, 05:45 AM
You want a mounting block to get off that high horse RSR?

Remember the Senator from S.Dak. Tim Johnson was taken ill? A few right wing moonbats were cheering.

There are fuckwits on both sides of the spectrum, thankfully just a few.

red states rule
07-31-2007, 05:50 AM
Can you show a link to where conservatives were cheering Sen Johnson's near death experience?

I remember the Dems and liberal media were more worried if conservatves would take back the Senate then the mans health

diuretic
07-31-2007, 05:59 AM
Can you show a link to where conservatives were cheering Sen Johnson's near death experience?

I remember the Dems and liberal media were more worried if conservatves would take back the Senate then the mans health

No I can't show you a link. But I do remember the calculations on both sides. I suppose if I trawled through Free Republic I could find something but I don't see the point. And yes, you could certainly trawl through DU and find someone happy with Chief Justice Roberts' problems, although I think you would find a bigger cheer squad if Justice Alito walked under a bus. My point is that extremists are at both ends of the political spectrum. Personally I shun them in cyberspace as much as I shun them in real ife. Extremists might be there but they are usually ineffectual.

KarlMarx
07-31-2007, 06:01 AM

Remember the Senator from S.Dak. Tim Johnson was taken ill? A few right wing moonbats were cheering.

I don't know where you heard that from. When Senator Tim Johnson suffered his stroke, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham and others specifically said that their hearts and prayers were with Senator Johnson and his family. I know, because I heard it all myself.

red states rule
No I can't show you a link. But I do remember the calculations on both sides. I suppose if I trawled through Free Republic I could find something but I don't see the point. And yes, you could certainly trawl through DU and find someone happy with Chief Justice Roberts' problems, although I think you would find a bigger cheer squad if Justice Alito walked under a bus. My point is that extremists are at both ends of the political spectrum. Personally I shun them in cyberspace as much as I shun them in real ife. Extremists might be there but they are usually ineffectual.

There may very few you could find, but this is nothing new

The libs did the same thing when Tony Snow's cancer returned. For a party that says they are tolerant - they are the most hate filled group you can find

red states rule
I don't know where you heard that from. When Senator Tim Johnson suffered his stroke, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham and others specifically said that their hearts and prayers were with Senator Johnson and his family. I know, because I heard it all myself.

and libs and the liberal media were worried if the Republcans would take back the Senate

diuretic
07-31-2007, 06:07 AM

I don't mean public figures, they're hardly likely to spray hate like that, no I was referring to us ordinary folks.

red states rule
07-31-2007, 06:09 AM
I don't mean public figures, they're hardly likely to spray hate like that, no I was referring to us ordinary folks.

Again, a huge majority of hate comes from the compassionate and tolerant left

diuretic
07-31-2007, 06:10 AM
There may very few you could find, but this is nothing new

The libs did the same thing when Tony Snow's cancer returned. For a party that says they are tolerant - they are the most hate filled group you can find

Some yes. When Tony Snow announced he was stepping down there was a lot of sympathy on DU, yes, the occasional idiotic comment as well. Now he's back at work - and looking very unwell I have to say - I have to say the tone has shifted slightly, there's more criticism of his comments (not necessarily of him, he's doing his job of course).

But yes, it's distasteful. I find it so anyway.

diuretic
07-31-2007, 06:12 AM
Again, a huge majority of hate comes from the compassionate and tolerant left

The Left is a funny animal. I won't bore you or dear reader with my views but I'm left of centre.............yes I know it's a shock, I'll pause and give everyone time to recover.....okay here we go again, but in politics I've had more fights with my so-called factional compatriots than I have with the other mob. It's a mistake for anyone to stereotype anyone else in politics. The left has its fair share of vicious, mindless bastards, it's not solely on the right..........<----- tongue in cheek, no need to be offended.

red states rule
07-31-2007, 06:21 AM
Some yes. When Tony Snow announced he was stepping down there was a lot of sympathy on DU, yes, the occasional idiotic comment as well. Now he's back at work - and looking very unwell I have to say - I have to say the tone has shifted slightly, there's more criticism of his comments (not necessarily of him, he's doing his job of course).

But yes, it's distasteful. I find it so anyway.

Some?

I am trying to find the link on this. The ashington Post blog had PAGES of hate filled emails form the liberal mmonbats on Tony Snow

Many hoping he dies a slow death

Nothing like that from conservatives on Sen Johnson

red states rule
07-31-2007, 06:23 AM
The Left is a funny animal. I won't bore you or dear reader with my views but I'm left of centre.............yes I know it's a shock, I'll pause and give everyone time to recover.....okay here we go again, but in politics I've had more fights with my so-called factional compatriots than I have with the other mob. It's a mistake for anyone to stereotype anyone else in politics. The left has its fair share of vicious, mindless bastards, it's not solely on the right..........<----- tongue in cheek, no need to be offended.

I seen more hate from the left then any other group. I never seen a group hoping that those who disagree with them on issues die

I remember during the Reagan funeral in DC - a liberal moonbat held up a sign saying he hoped Reagan burns in Hell

diuretic
07-31-2007, 06:29 AM
I won't defend stupidity and crassness, I don't care where it comes from.

red states rule
07-31-2007, 06:31 AM
I won't defend stupidity and crassness, I don't care where it comes from.

Agreed

But it mostly comes for the kook left. If a conservative said the same thing about a sick liberal - I would smack them down just as hard

diuretic
07-31-2007, 06:32 AM
Yep - if it gets that personal then it's gone crazy.

red states rule
07-31-2007, 06:37 AM
Yep - if it gets that personal then it's gone crazy.

With the left - they take it very personal

red states rule
07-31-2007, 06:49 AM
Liberal compassion on display

http://patterico.com/2007/07/30/wonkette-we-wish-john-roberts-would-die/

dan
07-31-2007, 07:17 AM
Leftists talk constantly of their own "compassion" but you can always count on them to express glee whenever a prominent conservative or religious person dies or is injured. It's almost like clockwork.

Some more of that unbiased right-wing news you guys are going on about?:rolleyes:

red states rule
07-31-2007, 07:18 AM
Some more of that unbiased right-wing news you guys are going on about?:rolleyes:

No, liberals own words prove the point

glockmail
07-31-2007, 09:45 AM
I don't mean public figures, they're hardly likely to spray hate like that, no I was referring to us ordinary folks. How 'bout Rosie and Bill Maer wishing Cheny to have a heat attack and die? Are they public figgers or ordinary folk like yous and me? :poke:

theHawk
07-31-2007, 09:50 AM

Unfortunately I'd have to disagree. There seems to be many more left wing nuts than there are right wing ones. Liberalism is like a cancer growing in this country. There aren't many conservatives left in this country much less right wing nuts.

Hagbard Celine
07-31-2007, 10:00 AM

You are so deluded it's not even funny anymore. I just feel sorry for you. Go get a clue.

dan
07-31-2007, 10:30 AM
No, liberals own words prove the point

I have a question, how is this....

Happiness Is Hillary's Face On A Milk Carton

....any different from wishing Cheney has a heart attack? Oh, right, because Cheney's a Republican.

Black Lance
07-31-2007, 11:43 AM

....any different from wishing Cheney has a heart attack? Oh, right, because Cheney's a Republican.

I think it's suppose to imply her being missing, i.e. not present in the public sphere, as opposed to her being killed somehow.

There are extemists on both sides of the aisle, but I do think that the left tends to indulge in cheerleading for health problems more than the right does. Can any liberal on this site recall an incident where many conservatives actually celebrated a person dying, as some leftists did when Jerry Falwell passed away?

Kathianne
07-31-2007, 11:46 AM
I think it's suppose to imply her being missing, i.e. not present in the public sphere, as opposed to her being killed somehow.

There are extemists on both sides of the aisle, but I do think that the left tends to indulge in cheerleading for health problems more than the right does. Can any liberal on this site recall an incident where many conservatives actually celebrated a person dying, as some leftists did when Jerry Falwell passed away?

Dead? No. However I've seen plenty of conservatives start :dance: with the likes of the stroke that felled Tim Johnson, difference on messageboards, other conservatives called them out for it, they didn't get any attaboys from it.

Black Lance
07-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Dead? No. However I've seen plenty of conservatives start :dance: with the likes of the stroke that felled Tim Johnson, difference on messageboards, other conservatives called them out for it, they didn't get any attaboys from it.

I don't recall many conservatives wishing ill on Johnson personally. Many did hope that the event would work against the DNC by getting Mike Rounds into the Senate, but I don't recall conservatives rejoicing over Johnson's medical problems.

Kathianne
07-31-2007, 12:27 PM
I don't recall many conservatives wishing ill on Johnson personally. Many did hope that the event would work against the DNC by getting Mike Rounds into the Senate, but I don't recall conservatives rejoicing over Johnson's medical problems.

I saw such on at least 3 different boards. On each, found other conservatives upbraiding them for their misplaced glee.

Kind of reminds me of when some idiot bombs or attempts to bomb an abortion clinic. From the pulpit to the conservative pundits, they are condemned.

red states rule
07-31-2007, 07:20 PM
You are so deluded it's not even funny anymore. I just feel sorry for you. Go get a clue.

Here is one exapmle of the liberal media's coverage and how the Dems were worried about their power

Disgraceful Media Coverage of Sen. Tim Johnson’s Medical Condition
By Noel Sheppard | December 14, 2006 - 11:28 ET
Ladies and Gentlemen, let’s drop the partisanship for a second and recognize that the media coverage of Sen. Tim Johnson’s (D-SD) sudden illness has been nothing but disgraceful.

The first reports I heard on this issue came early yesterday on CNBC, and immediately the discussion was about how this could change the balance of power in the Senate. I was disgusted. (Update follows with how the network evening broadcasts covered the story.)

As my daughter and I left the gym in the early evening, she questioned me about the Senator, and how this would impact politics. I was a bit shocked, and asked her where she had heard about his malady. She said that it was on the television in the ladies’ locker room, and the announcers were discussing how this might hurt the Democrats.

Let’s get a grip for a second here, folks. A man is fighting for his life right now, and that should be much more important than how this impacts who will control the Senate. Yet, just moments ago, this was the headline of an Associated Press article: “GOP governor has the power to appoint Senate replacement.” These were the first two paragraphs:

Control of the U.S. Senate could be determined by Republican Gov. Mike Rounds if a replacement must be named for Democratic Sen. Tim Johnson.

State law would allow the governor to appoint a temporary replacement for a vacant Senate seat until the next general election in 2008, when Johnson's term expires.

How disgraceful. Our thoughts and prayers should be going out to this man and his family without any discussion about the balance of power…unless we really have lost all sense of decency, morality, and humanity in this country.

Get well soon, Senator!

*****Update: The broadcast networks were all over this Wednesday night. NBC's Brian Williams teased at the opening of the "Nightly News": "A South Dakota senator, Tim Johnson, a Democrat, suffers a stroke. And if it's serious, will it change the balance of power in the Senate?" The opening segment went as follows:

We're going to begin an unusual way tonight because of a developing story out of Washington this evening. A member of the US Senate has suffered a stroke. Tonight, South Dakota Democratic Senator Tim Johnson, who is just days away of turning 60 years of age, is in a Washington hospital being treated for a stroke. And tonight, while our thoughts and prayers are with the senator and his family, of course, in Washington, with control of the US Senate decided by a single vote for the Democrats, this could affect the balance of power. Tim Russert is here with us in the studio. Chip Reid, who covers Capitol Hill, has been working on this story since first word arrived this afternoon.

After Reid's report, this is what Russert had to say:

Brian, if the Republicans capture control of the Senate one more time, profound impact on the war in Iraq, Supreme Court nominations, environment legislation, tax policy. This is very, very significant if, in fact, a vacancy would occur. We're a long way from that, but people on--in both parties are thinking about it.

ABC's "World News Tonight" also lead with this story:

CHARLES GIBSON (ABC NEWS)(Off-camera) Good evening. We will get to our headline stories in a moment, but there is late news breaking in Washington tonight that could have enormous political implications. There is word today that Senator Tim Johnson, a Democrat from South Dakota, has suffered a stroke. No indication yet if, if it might force him to resign from the Senate. But if he should have to do so, the Democrat's control of the Senate could be in peril. Our chief Washington correspondent George Stephanopoulos is joining us. George, obviously personal concern for the Senator. What do we know about his condition?

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS (ABC NEWS)(Off-camera) Charlie, that he took ill on a conference call with reporters about noon today. That after that he went to see the Senate physician who said we had to get him to the hospital by ambulance. Senator Johnson has been conscious, but several congressional sources say he has suffered a stroke. That it is serious, that doctors are still evaluating his condition. But they do not believe, right now, that it is life threatening.

CHARLES GIBSON (ABC NEWS)(Off-camera) All right. But I mentioned it could have enormous political implications. And you should explain what those are.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS (ABC NEWS)(Off-camera) Well Charlie, right now, everyone is talking about this because Democrats control the Senate, 51-49. If Senator Johnson, for some reason, were forced to leave the Senate, his replacement would be picked by the governor of South Dakota, a Republican, Mike Rounds. He would likely pick a Republican. That would mean that it would go back to 50-50. Vice President Cheney breaks the tie. Republicans would control the Senate if Senator Johnson is forced to leave.

CHARLES GIBSON (ABC NEWS)(Off-camera) So the narrow control that the Democrats have the Senate, would disappear, if, and I underline if because we don't know yet, if he should have to resign from the Senate. And as I understand the new senator appointed would then serve for almost two years.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS (ABC NEWS)(Off-camera) That's right. He would serve until the next general election, 2008, Charlie. But Charlie, if you look at history, it is very, very rare, in fact, no senator has ever been forced out for something like this. And several senators have served for several years even after they suffered from a stroke.

CHARLES GIBSON (ABC NEWS)(Off-camera) All right. George Stephanopoulos reporting from Washington. The story, as we say, it is just breaking at this hour.

This is how the "CBS Evening News" handled the story:

KATIE COURIC, anchor: Meanwhile, a big change may be coming in the balance of power on Capitol Hill. Senator Tim Johnson, a 59-year-old Democrat from South Dakota, may have had a stroke. He's being evaluated right now at George Washington University Hospital. We want to turn now to our national political correspondent Gloria Borger. Gloria, what might this mean for the new Senate?

GLORIA BORGER reporting:Well, Katie, first of all tonight, everyone in Washington is hoping for the best for Senator Johnson, but they also understand that his condition could really determine control of the Senate. Right now, the Senate is controlled by the Democrats by one seat. If Senator Johnson is unable to serve in any way, then the Republican governor of the state of South Dakota would have to appoint a replacement for him. He would likely appoint a Republican. And, Katie, that would send control of the Senate back to the Republican Party. It would be 50-50. Dick Cheney, the vice president, would be the deciding vote, and the committee chairmen would all be Republicans again, and that would control the congressional agenda.

COURIC: But as you said, Gloria, we all wish Senator Johnson well, just 59 years old. Gloria Borger in Washington. Thank you, Gloria.

http://newsbusters.org/node/9652

red states rule
07-31-2007, 07:22 PM

It is a joke. I have never called for the death of a Dem or wished them physical harm

With is comon from the left toward conservatives

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 07:24 PM
This is a little off subject and in someways not, but what does everyone think about people voting the Supreme Court Justices in like they do the State Supreme Court?

red states rule
07-31-2007, 07:24 PM

and they needed a good smackdown

On the Daily Kos, the moonbat were saying Sen Johnson was poisoned so Republicans could get the Senate back

glockmail
08-01-2007, 10:37 AM
This is a little off subject and in someways not, but what does everyone think about people voting the Supreme Court Justices in like they do the State Supreme Court? The Constitution wasn't set up that way.

JohnDoe
08-01-2007, 01:24 PM
I live very near the place John Roberts vacations and was injured... we went out and took some pictures yesterday of Penobscot Bay. It is beautiful here!

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/johndoe_057/brooksvillejuly07029.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/johndoe_057/brooksvillejuly07020.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/johndoe_057/brooksvillejuly07004.jpg

nevadamedic
08-01-2007, 02:13 PM
That looks like a really nice place................. Although I love being on or around the water and in nature.

glockmail
08-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I live very near the place John Roberts vacations and was injured... we went out and took some pictures yesterday of Penobscot Bay. It is beautiful here!

If you like the coast nothing beats the coast of Maine. The weather's not too bad either. Of course the water's cold enough to shrivel a horse down to a mule.

Abbey Marie
08-01-2007, 03:27 PM
If you like the coast nothing beats the coast of Maine. The weather's not too bad either. Of course the water's cold enough to shrivel a horse down to a mule.

We go to Maine every summer. My husband swims in the lake, and generally emerges intact (after warming up, anyway!) :laugh2:

Last year, our friend stayed on the same island and met CJ Roberts. I was so jealous. He appears to be an exceptionally good man, and those who wish him ill aren't worthy to kiss his robe.

JohnDoe
08-01-2007, 04:11 PM
We go to Maine every summer. My husband swims in the lake, and generally emerges intact (after warming up, anyway!) :laugh2:

Last year, our friend stayed on the same island and met CJ Roberts. I was so jealous. He appears to be an exceptionally good man, and those who wish him ill aren't worthy to kiss his robe.

Lakes feel like bath water....COMPARED to the Ocean water! :)

this is the lake about a mile or 2 from our cottage...that we just discovered!

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/johndoe_057/summerexploring-maine001.jpg

Abbey Marie
08-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Lakes feel like bath water....COMPARED to the Ocean water! :)

this is the lake about a mile or 2 from our cottage...that we just discovered!

Can you hear loon calls on your lake? They are the best thing about Maine, IMO.

JohnDoe
08-01-2007, 04:28 PM

We just moved here in December, bought a cottage less than a couple of miles from the water! I have lived in over 20 states and this is the prettiest place I've ever been, and wild life and wild flowers and wild fruit trees gallore. Once things started to grow this Spring, we've discovered 7 apple trees, cranberry bushes and wild blueberry bushes, and about 50 wild raspberry bushes...

The weather on the coast has been great, even the winter!!!!!! u r right!!!!

Are you from here Glock?

glockmail
08-01-2007, 05:19 PM
We just moved here in December, bought a cottage less than a couple of miles from the water! I have lived in over 20 states and this is the prettiest place I've ever been, and wild life and wild flowers and wild fruit trees gallore. Once things started to grow this Spring, we've discovered 7 apple trees, cranberry bushes and wild blueberry bushes, and about 50 wild raspberry bushes...

The weather on the coast has been great, even the winter!!!!!! u r right!!!!

Are you from here Glock? I grew up in Mass, too far from the coast for the mild winters. I've been to ME and NH hiking/ skiing. We did part of our honeymoon through the ME coast, on up to Nova Scotia.

red states rule
08-01-2007, 06:41 PM
The Constitution wasn't set up that way.

When has that ever stopped the left?

Can you see Rosie O'Donnell running for SC Justice?

Hell, do they make the robes in size XXXXXXLG?

glockmail
08-01-2007, 06:48 PM
When has that ever stopped the left?

Can you see Rosie O'Donnell running for SC Justice?

Hell, do they make the robes in size XXXXXXLG?

I think even the GOP's in the senate would man-up and stop that appointment.

red states rule
08-01-2007, 06:50 PM
I think even the GOP's in the senate would man-up and stop that appointment.

Not if they were elected as suggested

JohnDoe
08-01-2007, 07:44 PM
I grew up in Mass, too far from the coast for the mild winters. I've been to ME and NH hiking/ skiing. We did part of our honeymoon through the ME coast, on up to Nova Scotia. lived south of worcester, ma., not quite a decade, till we moved here....lots of snow!!!

nevadamedic
08-01-2007, 08:20 PM
lived south of worcester, ma., not quite a decade, till we moved here....lots of snow!!!

Was that before you were a woman too? :laugh2:

red states rule
08-02-2007, 04:56 AM
The NYT goes after the Chief Justice
Thomas Lifson

The New York Times lavishes attention on the Chief Justice's health condition. Fair enough, since his fall and cautionary hospitalization has been in the news. But the paper includes rather speculative information on potential side effects of possible drugs he might take if it is determined that a regimen for epilepsy (for which diagnosis he newly qualifies) is appropriate.

"the drugs can have troubling side effects, including drowsiness or insomnia, weight loss or weight gain, rashes, irritability, mental slowing and forgetfulness. Many patients can be treated with minimal side effects, doctors say, but it may take trial and error to find the right drug."

Is this a push by the Times to bring up the issue of Justice Roberts' fitness for his role at the SCOTUS? It certainly seems to be an insensitive overreaching by the paper, to say the least. Two seizures in 14 years and the paper seemingly is ready to drum him off the Court.

The paper has been much more circumspect in discussing the health of liberal justices. Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 74, after all, had a cancerous growth removed from her colon in 1999 and fell asleep during a public court session. If the Times has published information on the possible side effects of medication she might be taking, it has escaped our notice.

Two SCOTUS Justices have had cancer, another has a stent to keep his artery open. The Washington Post, a liberal paper which demonstrates a level of fairness the Times has rejected, discusses covers the issue far more completely than the Times hit piece.

The Times, it appears, is on a crusade to change the composition of the court. Last week saw the publication of an extraordinary op-ed calling for the Democrats to consider packing the court - expanding the size of the Court in order to place more liberal leaning justices onto the bench.

Liberals want control of the Court because so many of their ideas are unpopular with the public, and can only be realized if imposed by judicial diktat. But attempting to define a new epilepsy diagnosis as reason to reject the services of an otherwise robust and brilliant comparatively young member of the Court is likely to be counterproductive. At least I hope so.
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2007/08/the_nyt_goes_after_the_chief_j.html

glockmail
08-02-2007, 07:32 AM
lived south of worcester, ma., not quite a decade, till we moved here....lots of snow!!! That's Wuss-tah! Great place: Spags no Bags.

Not nearly as much white stuff as where I used to live south of Sorry-excuse, NY.

red states rule
08-02-2007, 07:34 AM
That's Wuss-tah! Great place: Spags no Bags.

Not nearly as much white stuff as where I used to live south of Sorry-excuse, NY.

I like your Avatar Glock

JohnDoe
08-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Was that before you were a woman too? :laugh2:

I am Woman

(Helen Reddy and Ray Burton)

I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'Cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

Oh yes, I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to
I can do anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman

You can bend but never break me
'Cause it only serves to make me
More determined to achieve my final goal
And I come back even stronger
Not a novice any longer
'Cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul

Oh, yes, I am wise
Yes, I've paid the price
If I have to
I can face anything
I am strong (strong)
I am woman

I am woman watch me grow
See me standing toe to toe
As I spread my lovin' arms across the land
But I'm still an embryo
With a long, long way to go
Until I make my brother understand

Oh, yes, I am wise
Yes, I've paid the price
If I have to
I can face anything
I am strong (strong)
I am woman

Oh, I am woman
I am invincible
I am strong

I am woman
I am invincible
I am strong
I am woman

:boobies: yes, I am woman!!!!! hahahaha!

I really am, I swear!

red states rule
08-02-2007, 08:22 AM
I am Woman

(Helen Reddy and Ray Burton)

I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'Cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

Oh yes, I am wise
Yes, I've paid the price
If I have to
I can do anything
I am strong (strong)
I am woman

You can bend but never break me
'Cause it only serves to make me
More determined to achieve my final goal
And I come back even stronger
Not a novice any longer
'Cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul

Oh, yes, I am wise
Yes, I've paid the price
If I have to
I can face anything
I am strong (strong)
I am woman

I am woman watch me grow
See me standing toe to toe
As I spread my lovin' arms across the land
But I'm still an embryo
With a long, long way to go
Until I make my brother understand

Oh, yes, I am wise
Yes, I've paid the price
If I have to
I can face anything
I am strong (strong)
I am woman

Oh, I am woman
I am invincible
I am strong

I am woman
I am invincible
I am strong
I am woman

:boobies: yes, I am woman!!!!! hahahaha!

I really am, I swear!

I have seen your picture - you are telling the truth

JohnDoe
08-02-2007, 08:27 AM

Not nearly as much white stuff as where I used to live south of Sorry-excuse, NY. yea spags, no bags!!!

I lived in New Jersey too, when I was in 11th and 12th grade....but we lived on the Jersey Shore (South, outside of Ocean City) so we never got much snow at all due to the gulf stream.

JohnDoe
08-02-2007, 08:29 AM
I have seen your picture - you are telling the truth

Thank you rsr, for your support! And good morning!

JohnDoe
08-02-2007, 08:46 AM

Oh, I meant to tell you a little story about Wuss-tah!

When My husband and I first moved up to massachusetts due to my new job, the Company I worked for paid for a limo service to pick us up from the Boston Amtrak Station.... (we took amtrak up cuz the company moved our cars on the moving van and we thought Amtrak would be more of an adventure than flying up from Florida)

The Limo driver was really nice and talkative...(strong New England accent from him)....my husband and I had all of our Brochures and stuff that my Company had sent us to get familiar with the area of Central Mass, and all excited about our move.....me for the new job and my husband because he was an avid Celtics fan since his youth (Larry Byrd, Chief, Ange and DJ days of old).

So I say to the Limo driver, how far is War-ches-tor?

He actually turned around and took his eyes off the road and said to me,

"It's Wuss-tah, honey!"

I said, "What?"

He said, "It's pronounced, Wuss-tah!"

I said, "Ohhhhhhhhhh, okkkkk!"

We were careful from that point on to not pronounce any town name without hearing the locals pronounce it first...

Like Leominster....we thought it was Leo-min-ster, but nooooooo, these people pronounce it, Le-mins- tah!

Mainers have a New England accent but not nearly as strong as some of the people in Massachusetts!

glockmail
08-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Oh, I meant to tell you a little story about Wuss-tah!

When My husband and I first moved up to massachusetts due to my new job, the Company I worked for paid for a limo service to pick us up from the Boston Amtrak Station.... (we took amtrak up cuz the company moved our cars on the moving van and we thought Amtrak would be more of an adventure than flying up from Florida)

The Limo driver was really nice and talkative...(strong New England accent from him)....my husband and I had all of our Brochures and stuff that my Company had sent us to get familiar with the area of Central Mass, and all excited about our move.....me for the new job and my husband because he was an avid Celtics fan since his youth (Larry Byrd, Chief, Ange and DJ days of old).

So I say to the Limo driver, how far is War-ches-tor?

He actually turned around and took his eyes off the road and said to me,

"It's Wuss-tah, honey!"

I said, "What?"

He said, "It's pronounced, Wuss-tah!"

I said, "Ohhhhhhhhhh, okkkkk!"

We were careful from that point on to not pronounce any town name without hearing the locals pronounce it first...

Like Leominster....we thought it was Leo-min-ster, but nooooooo, these people pronounce it, Le-mins- tah!

Mainers have a New England accent but not nearly as strong as some of the people in Massachusetts!

I left Mass as soon as I could, but can still prononce it all if I want to. As long as you can stay outside of Rte 128/ 95, pay very close attention to constantly changing speed limit signs on local roads, and don't mind paying 12% income tax, its not a bad life there. It is a police state though, where the government sees its citizenry as a threat.

red states rule
08-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Thank you rsr, for your support! And good morning!

You are very welcome

Angel Heart
08-02-2007, 06:51 PM

ITA

red states rule
08-02-2007, 06:54 PM
ITA

I slapped him down for that lie

He seems to have ran away form this thread since

Angel Heart
08-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Truth is there are crazies on both sides. My dad being wacko right wing and my grandmother wacko left puts me in an odd place in my family. My dad actually thinks Rush is liberal. My grandmother... She's calling for Bush's head.

red states rule
08-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Truth is there are crazies on both sides. My dad being wacko right wing and my grandmother wacko left puts me in an odd place in my family. My dad actually thinks Rush is liberal. My grandmother... She's calling for Bush's head.

Well, you seem to be fine to me

Stay right where you are

red states rule
08-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Courtin' the Left and Right: Roberts Scare Seizes the Trail

Candidates in both parties are already making promises about the shape of the Supreme Court after 2008. (AP).

After calling John G. Roberts Jr. two years ago last month to ask him to serve on the Supreme Court, President Bush hung up and told aides, "I just offered the job to a great, smart, 50-year-old lawyer." The emphasis, of course, was on "50-year-old" -- Bush's way of saying he had just made a choice that would help shape the Supreme Court for three or four decades to come. Or so he thought.

Roberts's seizure during a Maine vacation this week may not mean anything in terms of his longevity on the court but it certainly offered a reminder that anything can happen at anytime. If there were a sudden, unexpected vacancy -- and remember, Roberts is the young whelp compared to his brethren, ranging in age up to John Paul Stevens at 87 -- it would transform not only the Bush presidency but the campaign to succeed him. And even if not, the Roberts health scare pointed out again the stakes in 2008 with the future of the court on the line.

After all, the court term that ended this summer was the first full session featuring both Roberts and Samuel A. Alito Jr., Bush's other appointee, and the shift to the right has been notable on issues ranging from gender discrimination to desegregation to partial-birth abortion, thrilling conservatives and alarming liberals. An increasing number of Americans worry that the court is going too far to the right in the latest Washington Post-ABC News poll -- 31 percent compared to 19 percent in July 2005 when Roberts was first nominated. The proportion that thinks the court is generally balanced in its decisions has fallen from 55 percent to 47 percent in that time period.

So what would happen if another seat opened on the court before Bush leaves office? All-out war, probably, and one that would become a leading issue on the campaign trail as well as in the capital. Some Bush advisers believe a new Supreme Court fight would be the best chance for him to influence his legacy, while some Democrats would try to block any appointment even 18 months before the end of his presidency. New York's Chuck Schumer, the third-ranking Democrat in the Senate, last week said lawmakers "were hoodwinked" by Roberts and Alito into believing they would be more respectful of precedent than they have turned out to be. Republican Sen. Arlen Specter (Pa.) even told the Politico that the confirmation testimony of Roberts and Alito should be reviewed to see if they really were forthcoming about the way they would perform on the court.

As a result, Schumer vowed to try to thwart any more Bush nominations to the Supreme Court for the rest of the president's term. "Given the track record of this president and the experience of obfuscation at the hearings, with respect to the Supreme Court, at least, I will recommend to my colleagues that we should not confirm a Supreme Court nominee except in extraordinary circumstances," Schumer told the American Constitution Society. "They must prove by actions, not words, that they are in the mainstream, rather than the Senate proving that they are not."

That, of course, set off howls among conservatives who complained that liberals like Schumer are simply poor losers who don't respect a president's right to put like-minded people on the court. "This is the Stalinism of the libs, just total control," Rush Limbaugh said on his radio program. "They don't get their way? Shut down the process." Ed Whelan, president of the Ethics and Public Policy Center, a conservative think tank, secured a clarification from Specter that he "did not mean to imply that either Roberts or Alito were disingenuous when they appeared before the committee."

Even if there is not a nomination battle between now and November 2008, the candidates on the trail are focusing on the likelihood that the next president may have two or three seats on the court to fill. On the Republican side, former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney this month secured the endorsement of Wendy Long, counsel to the Judicial Confirmation Network and a key player in conservative circles when it comes to court nominations. She told the American Spectator that Romney "is the only one I'm absolutely sure" will give the country more nominees like Roberts and Alito. Former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani, a social liberal, nonetheless promised Iowa activists this month that he would appoint justices like like Roberts and Alito.

On the Democratic side, the leading candidates used an appearance this month before the American Association for Justice, the trial lawyers group, to excoriate Bush appointees. "At the time," Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.) told the group in Chicago, "I warned in my speeches on the floor that especially with Justice Alito he had been so willing to side with big business against nearly anyone on any issue during his judicial career that if given the opportunity to serve on the Supreme Court he could become part of a majority that began to undo years of precedent." Former senator John Edwards (N.C.) added: "They're eating away at the fabric of America, of who we are and what we are."

Not that they're getting ahead of themselves or anything, but some are already projecting who Democrats would appoint to the court should they win next year. Tom Goldstein, who heads the Supreme Court practice at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, came up with a list of 30 likely Democratic nominees on the popular SCOTUS blog, then narrowed it down to the four likeliest choices for a first appointment -- Judges Johnnie Rawlinson and Kim McLane Wardlaw of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals; Sonia Sotomayor of the 2nd Circuit; and Leah Ward Sears of the Georgia Supreme Court. His five predictions for a second or third seat under a Democrat: Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm, Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, Colorado Sen. Ken Salazar, Harvard Law School Dean Elena Kagan and Judge Merrick Garland of the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the District.

None of them, it is fair to say, is much like Roberts or Alito. And so the stakes for the campaign are clear for both sides.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2007/08/02/courtin_the_left_and_right_rob.html?hpid=topnews