PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Breeding Facility Recycles Panda Poop Into Souvenirs

KarlMarx
07-31-2007, 06:12 AM
Don't know what to get that special someone for his or her birthday?

How about a picture frame made from panda droppings?

Honestly, you can't make this stuff up!

The Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Base has come up with a dung-for-profit scheme that turns droppings from the endangered species into odor-free souvenirs ranging from bookmarks to Olympic-themed statues of the animals, state media and base officials said Monday.
The facility in the southwestern province of Sichuan houses about 40 bamboo-fed pandas who produce less than a ton of excrement a day.
"We used to spend at least $770 a month to get rid of the droppings but now they can be lucrative," Jing Shimin, assistant to the base director, was quoted as saying by the official Xinhua News Agency.

remainder of article at....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291488,00.html

diuretic
07-31-2007, 06:17 AM
In the north of England they used to have a saying, "there's brass in that there muck".

Brass, of course, being a slang term for money.

I wonder how that translates in Mandarin?

But can you bring it home with you?

Quarantine Officer: "Wazzat?"

You: "Panda poo"

Quarantine Officer over his shoulder: "Fred, get the rubber gloves on, we have a smart arse here...."

KarlMarx
07-31-2007, 07:18 AM
In the north of England they used to have a saying, "there's brass in that there muck".

Brass, of course, being a slang term for money.

I wonder how that translates in Mandarin?

But can you bring it home with you?

Quarantine Officer: "Wazzat?"

You: "Panda poo"

Quarantine Officer over his shoulder: "Fred, get the rubber gloves on, we have a smart arse here...."

I wonder if you'd get arrested for panda-ering? :)

actsnoblemartin
08-01-2007, 09:17 AM
I heard about this :lol:

Psychoblues
08-26-2007, 10:20 PM
There is GOLD in them there mountains. Chinese of course. Care for a Panda soufle'? I've got some wonderful doodoo excreted by my very best friend (my Pekingese Puppy) that I'll be glad to send to you and all you have to pay is a very reasonable shipping and handling fee. The doodoo is FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a FREAKING DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!