PDA

View Full Version : Here's your chance, Mrs. Obama

jimnyc
12-16-2016, 02:39 PM
Alright, I'm not naive, I know Michelle didn't ask for this plea. And I also don't believe she's responsible for helping in anything going on over there. But how will she respond to this little girl? The world will be watching!! Will she hopefully give a supportive response of any kind? I'm not sure what they realistically expect beyond that. Do they really think that the first lady can help them with their issues? Who knows.

But even if she did, what the hell do you say? "Seeya in the next life kiddo!" LOL <--- ok, I kid, I kid, I am triumph the insult comic dog!! Or maybe something like "We're praying for you"?

-----

Bana Alabed, Aleppo girl, pleads to Michelle Obama for help

A 7-year-old Syrian girl who’s been tweeting from war-torn Aleppo with the help of her mother has reached out to first lady Michelle Obama requesting help.

Bana Alabed and her mother, Fatemah, have been writing heartbreaking dispatches about their daily lives amid the protracted Syrian Civil War. Their Twitter feed has gained more than 300,000 followers since it was launched in September.

On Friday morning, NBC News correspondent Richard Engel, who previously interviewed Fatemah via webcam, shared a video on social media that the mother and daughter recorded that they hope Michelle Obama will ultimately see. In the 44-second video, Fatemah tries to appeal to Obama on an emotional level, mother to mother.

“Hello, this is Fatemah. This message is for the first lady, Mrs. Michelle Obama. I would like to tell you that we are still here in East Aleppo,” she says. “I talk to you as a mother. I know that you have two beautiful daughters and I have three children — one of them is Bana. I implore you to help us and make us in a safer place because we are so afraid, please.”

Then Bana adds, “Hello Mrs. Obama. Please help us.”

There was widespread concern for Bana’s safety earlier this month when her Twitter account mysteriously disappeared. When it came back online, the Alabeds tweeted that they were once again in the midst of bombardments. Their social media activity juxtaposes typical childhood moments — like losing teeth or reading “Harry Potter” books — with the horrors of being a civilian caught in the crosshairs of war.

Her dispatches have drawn frequent comparisons to Anne Frank’s diary during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands in World War II. But it’s worth noting that there are key differences, perhaps the most salient being that Bana’s words are being read in real-time whereas Anne’s were read after her death and the Allied victory over the Axis powers.

Rest here - https://www.yahoo.com/news/bana-alabed-aleppo-girl-pleads-to-michelle-obama-for-help-163920533.html