PDA

View Full Version : Krugman Goes Full-On Conspiracy Theory

Kathianne
12-16-2016, 05:40 PM
or something...

http://beta.hotair.com/archives/2016/12/16/krugman-trump-has-incentive-to-allow-a-terrorist-attack/

Krugman: Trump Has Incentive To Allow A Terrorist Attack
JOHN SEXTONPosted at 5:21 pm on December 16, 2016

Conspiracy theorist Paul Krugman speculated on Twitter Friday that President-elect Trump has an incentive to allow a major terror attack in the United States:

Paul Krugman ✔ @paulkrugman
Thought: There was (rightly) a cloud of illegitimacy over Bush, dispelled (wrongly) by 9/11. Creates some interesting incentives for Trump
1:04 PM - 16 Dec 2016

It’s not hard to unpack this. Bush was elected in 2000 by the narrowest of margins. Less than a year later we had the worst terror attack on U.S. soil in our history. The attack caused the public to rally around President Bush. So, if President-elect Trump wanted a similar boon to his public support he might feel some incentive to follow a similar path.

How would he do this exactly? Krugman doesn’t say, probably because the whole idea is already verging on the plot of Iron Man 3 or a couple seasons of 24. Like a lot of things Krugman says, this is more about casting shade on the enemy than making any actual connection of facts. For the guy who told the world Sarah Palin was responsible for the Tucson shooting facts are often an afterthought. The point here is simply to reinforce that Trump is a bad guy who would let terrorists kill Americans (if he could) to help his poll numbers.

Krugman went on to offer a kind of justification for his absurd theory. It’s all about Democrats taking back power through “public outrage.” That outrage should be stoked by questioning the legitimacy of the election:

fj1200
12-16-2016, 05:45 PM
He's been off his nut for awhile IMO.

Kathianne
12-16-2016, 05:56 PM
Well it seems that 'Trump Derangement' is going to be crazier than we've seen before. Obama staying in DC is certain to lead to constant fueling of fire. IMO, Trump's personality will further flame.

What remains to be seen is if all the 'rapprochement' by so many will hold? Will there be a third party appearance? How long before Russia, China, or one of their proxies tries something here? So many questions...

pete311
12-16-2016, 06:01 PM
ugh, Trump ran his campaign on conspiracy theories and now he's prez

aboutime
12-16-2016, 06:57 PM

Wrong again petey...Trump has never known You, and nobody ever heard of you till you came here. By the way. He's not the prez yet. That happens on 20 January.

Elessar
12-16-2016, 08:27 PM
He's been off his nut for awhile IMO.

He's a nut case. Anyone who subscribes to conspiracy theories are off-kilter.

Elessar
12-16-2016, 08:28 PM

You can't be serious....list the conspiracy theories then.

aboutime
12-16-2016, 08:36 PM

Elessar. Asking petey to answer such a question is fruitless. I'd still like to know WHO'S NAVY he claimed to be in?

Black Diamond
12-16-2016, 08:52 PM

Ted's dad was on the grassy knoll.

Kathianne
12-16-2016, 10:12 PM

I'd assume he's referring to the birther stuff?

Black Diamond
12-16-2016, 10:17 PM
I'd assume he's referring to the birther stuff?

could be, but he didn't use that on the campaign trail. unless it can be argued he was campaigning when he started talking about Obama's birth certificate.

Kathianne
12-16-2016, 10:20 PM
could be, but he didn't use that on the campaign trail. unless it can be argued he was campaigning when he started talking about Obama's birth certificate.

I dunno. Personally I never understood any talk about birth certificate once the voting was done. I was appalled at the lack of curiosity of the MSM during Obama's coronation though.

At least this time in the general election, the MSM had no choice but to cover the emails, wherever they came from; along with the fake server, where it was known where that came from.

They covered Trump, gladly.

pete311
12-16-2016, 10:47 PM
Here is 50 or so
http://www.alternet.org/right-wing/58-donald-trump-conspiracy-theories-and-counting-definitive-trump-conspiracy-guide

NightTrain
12-17-2016, 02:20 AM
Here is 50 or so
http://www.alternet.org/right-wing/58-donald-trump-conspiracy-theories-and-counting-definitive-trump-conspiracy-guide

I just want to know how much oil, natural gas and coal we have left.

Black Diamond
12-17-2016, 03:48 AM
I just want to know how much oil, natural gas and coal we have left.
oceans...

jimnyc
12-17-2016, 01:41 PM
Pretty insane, and definitely conspiracy theory crap. To state such, is almost like putting words or ideas in Trump's mouth. By next week people will be stating that Trump wants a terrorist attack to build his credentials.

NightTrain
12-17-2016, 02:05 PM
oceans...

According to Petey, though, we're about to run out.

We're doomed, BD!

DOOOOOOOOOooooomed!

jimnyc
12-17-2016, 02:06 PM
According to Petey, though, we're about to run out.

We're doomed, BD!

DOOOOOOOOOooooomed!

I forgot about that thread, which I had replied I was curious about too - he never did come back and reply to those links you gave him?

NightTrain
12-17-2016, 02:06 PM
By next week people will be stating that Trump wants a terrorist attack to build his credentials.

Funny you should say that... I saw a headline somewhere yesterday proclaiming just that.

aboutime
12-17-2016, 09:18 PM
Conspiracy theory junkies like petey will never touch this one.
But...Ever since November 8th, when Hillary lost, and conceded to Trump.

America has been under attack by the WHINERS, CRYBABIES, OFFENDED, INSULTED, OBNOXIOUS, INTOLLERANT, EASILY LED, INFORMATION STARVED, PRACTICED LIARS WHO WOULD RATHER HAVE HILLARY THAN A SAFE, SUCCESSFUL, WEALTHY, GREAT COUNTRY.

Petey. "DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'".....
http://youtu.be/PBEXSiFzOfU

The words from a song are ALL YOU HAVE left.