PDA

View Full Version : GW Bush goes to bat for Rex Tillerson

jimnyc
12-16-2016, 07:53 PM
Nice to see GW back out there and helping. :) This will be a tough sell, hence drawing out the big guns. Not even sure that will help them get over the top, will have to wait and see on this one. I hope he gets the gig though. I've seen the connections with Russia, but I've yet to see anything come out that should keep him from the job.

-----

George W. Bush urges senator to back Tillerson

Former President George W. Bush is seeking to drum up support for Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson's nomination for secretary of State, according to a top GOP lawmaker.

Sen. Bob Corker (Tenn.), the head of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and himself a onetime candidate for President-elect Donald Trump's top diplomat, said he spoke with Bush about Tillerson's nomination on Thursday.

"Also appreciated a call I received from President George W. Bush, who spoke highly of Mr. Tillerson and offered support for his nomination," Corker said.

Rest here - http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/310771-top-gop-senator-president-george-w-bush-supports-tillerson

gabosaurus
12-16-2016, 08:49 PM
At a time when Russia is proving to be a genuine threat to the safety and security of the West, the president-elect appoints a SOS who has spent decades sucking up to the Russian government while seeking larger oil profits.
Bush approves because he did the same thing to the Saudis.

CSM
12-17-2016, 08:00 AM
At a time when Russia is proving to be a genuine threat to the safety and security of the West, the president-elect appoints a SOS who has spent decades sucking up to the Russian government while seeking larger oil profits.
Bush approves because he did the same thing to the Saudis.

Russia has been a genuine threat to the safety and security of the West since before the end of WW II.

I looked for threads where Gabby might have shown concern over Russia...could not find any. Didn't see any threads where Gabby wailed about HRC selling uranium to them either. Couldn't find any complaints from her about the Clinton Foundation taking money from foreign countries in return for favors....

I am beginning to think Gabby just might be insincere in her expressions of concern. However, I am sure she must know some cousin's coworker's boss who heard it from their maid who has a friend who is a member of the Russian mafia that the Russians are hell bent on destroying the US these days but not ever before and its all because Trump got elected.

Drummond
12-17-2016, 09:28 AM
Russia has been a genuine threat to the safety and security of the West since before the end of WW II.

I looked for threads where Gabby might have shown concern over Russia...could not find any. Didn't see any threads where Gabby wailed about HRC selling uranium to them either. Couldn't find any complaints from her about the Clinton Foundation taking money from foreign countries in return for favors....

I am beginning to think Gabby just might be insincere in her expressions of concern. However, I am sure she must know some cousin's coworker's boss who heard it from their maid who has a friend who is a member of the Russian mafia that the Russians are hell bent on destroying the US these days but not ever before and its all because Trump got elected.

You beat me to it. Russia is a permanent threat. That threat may be more conspicuously major at some times than at others, but it's ever-present.

Gabby's just following an Obama lead, I think. Obama, the Narcissist-In-Chief, who realises he'll be losing his job in a few weeks, and prefers to go out 'with a bang, not a whimper' ... no doubt very aware that others regard him, on the evidence of his 8-year record, as (a charitable interpretation) a political weakling.

Gabby should find better things to do with her time than just cling onto the shirt-tail of a narcissist who - in common with Lefties generally - has just been incapable of meeting (or UNWILLING to meet) the demands of reality on this planet as they demand to be met (e.g his disgraceful overseeing of the issue of Iran and her nuclear ambitions ... or, his disreputable attitude to Israel, as a supposed 'ally') !!

NightTrain
12-17-2016, 09:32 AM

:laugh:

...or from those friendly muzzies that live across the street. In California.