PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Obama says America is entering a time of hopelessness

KarlMarx
12-17-2016, 11:43 AM
With fewer than 40 days remaining as first lady, Michelle Obama is continuing to reflect on the legacy she and President Obama will leave after having occupied the White House for the last eight years. In a new interview with Oprah Winfrey, the first lady addressed the election outcome and suggested that the U.S. is entering a time of hopelessness......

The rest can be found at.....

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2016/12/16/michelle-obama-says-america-is-entering-a-time-of-hopelessness/

How narcissistic can you get?

I never could stand the sight of Michelle Obama, and this screed of hers makes me think even less of her. This person honestly thinks that the country was great only because her and her husband were running things. Well, guess what, sweetheart, this country was great before you and your loser husband were even thought of and definitely will be great without the Clintons running things....

I have lots of hope... hoping that the likes of you never inhabit the White House again, for starters.

Don't let the door hit your sorry ass on the way out...... you will not be missed

pete311
12-17-2016, 11:56 AM
Lame comment, but Michelle Obama was a pretty awesome first lady

jimnyc
12-17-2016, 12:33 PM

Beyond lame.

What specifically made her awesome in your eyes? I'm genuinely curious. Please cite some examples, buddy.

pete311
12-17-2016, 12:54 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/15-reasons-michelle-obama-is-the-epitome-of-first-lady-excellence_us_578e2e78e4b0fa896c3ff008

Elessar
12-17-2016, 12:59 PM

Horseshit! She stuck her foot in her mouth 8 years ago when she declared that
she was finally proud of 'her' country.

Pack your bags, lady....get the hell out. Just don't loot the White House like the Clinton's did.

NightTrain
12-17-2016, 01:09 PM
I'm sure it is a time of hopelessness for liberals as they survey the smoking ruins of their party.

For the rest of the country, things are looking great!

jimnyc
12-17-2016, 01:14 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/15-reasons-michelle-obama-is-the-epitome-of-first-lady-excellence_us_578e2e78e4b0fa896c3ff008

1 - is useless.

2 - also useless. I saw complete love with GWB and Laura too. I fully respect Michelle for her loving relationship, but that's not something that she should get credit for as a "first lady". That's something they should both be doing whether in the WH or anywhere else.

3 - I'll give her credit here, she did do a fair amount of work with younger girls.

4 - Who cares? I can post a lot of fat pictures too, she's hardly an image for the nation as a model of fitness or eating.

5 - Also useless. Her appearance doesn't make her a better first lady.

6 - granted this was just a few minutes of a moment - but I too saw this and that was AWESOME!!

7 - Yep, was nice to see her open up at times.

8 - Just an addition to the above to build the numbers. Sure, she can dance, but again it does nothing to make her a better first lady.

9 - Now THIS is something that counts as a good first lady, someone trying to make a change, and for the good of the blacks in America. Good for her on this one!

10 - Side eye? Seriously?

11 - Sure, a couple of photo ops, but what has she ACTUALLY done for our military? I did a search and it's awfully empty. But I don't know about that program. If it's successful, and she was involved throughout, GREAT for her!

12 - A quote? "black girls rock"? Yep, that makes her a great first lady?

13 - She's funny. Ok, I love a sense of humor myself. But doesn't make her a great first lady or "awesome"

14 - I do think she's a good Mom, and that must be hard as hell while in the White House!

15 - "amazing and dedicated" - it states that, but just a statement, nothing to back it up.

-----

So here's my assessment:

The very positive things she did while in the White House:

She worked some with younger girls. She was very vocal about blacks in America (but what did she DO?) Worked with Jill Biden to create "Joining forces". Was an fantastic Mother.

The positive things she did, but IMO aren't things to go crazy about:

She danced with an old lady who was thrilled to see the first black president, it was a great moment. She wasn't afraid to open up some and have fun.

pete311
12-17-2016, 01:22 PM
She's a first lady, what more do you expect. I also thought Laura Bush was good too. I expect Melania to be fairly low key. I doubt it was ever he dream/wish to be in politics much less first lady.

jimnyc
12-17-2016, 01:26 PM
She's a first lady, what more do you expect. I also thought Laura Bush was good too. I expect Melania to be fairly low key. I doubt it was ever he dream/wish to be in politics much less first lady.

I'm not bashing her right now, nor am I saying I expect more from her. I just came to the thread and saw your awesome comment and had to ask is all. I think she was a first lady, but I don't see the awesome part. I won't toss in things I think were negative, I'm focusing on the things you pointed to. Some have done more, and some have done less. But again, I just don't see the awesome. I have no say in what I will expect from Melania. I think she will be low key too. I think we'll see much more from the first daughter than the first lady.

KarlMarx
12-17-2016, 02:25 PM
Horseshit! She stuck her foot in her mouth 8 years ago when she declared that
she was finally proud of 'her' country.

Pack your bags, lady....get the hell out. Just don't loot the White House like the Clinton's did.

Great point, if it took her 40+ years to finally be proud of her country, it stands to reason that for those 40 years she must have been ashamed of it.

And she is supposed to be a representative of all things American. And we, the American middle class were expected to clap and cheer while she made remarks like that?!?!??!

And she made nasty remarks about our country while her husband and her were busy playing footsies with the Castros to boot.

The only thing awesome about her is her hatred for this country and the American way of life.

Honestly, gorilla face should go teach Marxism to her fellow admiring fans who are too busy standing in line waiting to kiss her and her husband's asses.