PDA

View Full Version : Obama - Electoral College - Vestige of an ‘Earlier Version’ of America

jimnyc
12-17-2016, 01:49 PM
Too funny. Russia, fake news, Comey, Wikileaks, electoral college outdated... and I guess "Bush" too. :laugh:

-----

Obama Calls Electoral College a ‘Vestige’ of an ‘Earlier Version’ of America

President Barack Obama criticized the Electoral College, calling it an outdated “vision” from America’s Founding Fathers.
“The Electoral College is a vestige, it’s a carryover from an earlier vision of how our federal government was going to work that put a lot of premium on states,” President Obama said Friday during a press conference at the White House.

Obama, a former constitutional lawyer, listed the Electoral College as one of the “structures in our political system as envisioned by the Founders that sometimes are going to disadvantage Democrats.”

“It used to be that the Senate was not elected directly, it was through state legislators,” he added. “It’s the same type of thinking that gives Wyoming two senators with about 500,000 people and California with 33 million gets the same two.”

Echoing earlier remarks he made last month blaming Hillary Clinton’s strategy for her devastating loss to Donald Trump, Obama said it’s ultimately on Democrats to have a “strong message” to win elections.

“The truth of the matter is that if we have a strong message, if we’re speaking to what the American people care about, typically the popular vote and the electoral college vote will align.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/17/obama-trashes-electoral-college-old-vestige-disadvantage-democrats/

NightTrain
12-17-2016, 02:14 PM
Pretty typical that he would assert that he knows best as opposed to the Founding Fathers. It's amazing that the country survived as long as it did before he brought his infinite wisdom to lead us. :rolleyes:

Isn't it weird that he hasn't revisited his comments prior to the election that it really was a referendum on his Presidency? Nope, he doesn't want to bring that up.

Gunny
12-17-2016, 02:25 PM
Pretty typical that he would assert that he knows best as opposed to the Founding Fathers. It's amazing that the country survived as long as it did before he brought his infinite wisdom to lead us. :rolleyes:

Isn't it weird that he hasn't revisited his comments prior to the election that it really was a referendum on his Presidency? Nope, he doesn't want to bring that up.

Just another Obamanism. He's had 8 years to change it. NOW it's a problem? I hope he chokes.

Elessar
12-17-2016, 02:30 PM
Ohhh...I believe he is wanting to sound important.

Constitutional Lawyer my hiney-hole. He's largely ignored it for years.

Gunny
12-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Ohhh...I believe he is wanting to sound important.

Constitutional Lawyer my hiney-hole. He's largely ignored it for years.

That ass wouldn't know the Constitution if it was rolled up and shoved down his throat. I just wouldn't desecrate the document like that.

Elessar
12-17-2016, 02:46 PM
That ass wouldn't know the Constitution if it was rolled up and shoved down his throat. I just wouldn't desecrate the document like that.

Yeah...what does a lawyer do? Interprets the law. So why did he evade our laws so many times?
Just personal opinion in my view. He ignored the efforts by many in the Congress who had far more
experience than him.....one who served 171 days out of his term, and voted 'Present' without taking
a significant stand on anything.

It was all ego on his part. Look at Chicago...his home town where he was a 'community organizer' - whatever
the hell that is. No improvement at all with the social structure there... That is his legacy, a post turtle.

Gunny
12-17-2016, 02:50 PM
Yeah...what does a lawyer do? Interprets the law. So why did he evade our laws so many times?
Just personal opinion in my view. He ignored the efforts by many in the Congress who had far more
experience than him.....one who served 171 days out of his term, and voted 'Present' without taking
a significant stand on anything.

It was all ego on his part. Look at Chicago...his home town where he was a 'community organizer' - whatever
the hell that is. No improvement at all with the social structure there... That is his legacy, a post turtle.

Hating Obama more than me is not authorized. You have to get in line.:laugh:

Elessar
12-17-2016, 03:06 PM
Hating Obama more than me is not authorized. You have to get in line.:laugh:

Bullshit! I'll throw my arm over your shoulder and we can trudge along together!:laugh:

Gunny
12-17-2016, 03:15 PM
Bullshit! I'll throw my arm over your shoulder and we can trudge along together!:laugh:

You can't throw an arm over my shoulder. You'll bend the cane. Then you'll owe the government since it's issue.

I DO however own a couple of 30 lb kettlebells that would sink a line real quick. I'm sure they could be useful.:dev:

Elessar
12-17-2016, 03:18 PM
You can't throw an arm over my shoulder. You'll bend the cane. Then you'll owe the government since it's issue.

I DO however own a couple of 30 lb kettlebells that would sink a line real quick. I'm sure they could be useful.:dev:

Heh! I'll see your cane and raise you two knee braces!:laugh: