PDA

View Full Version : Obama Civil Rights Commission

jimnyc
12-18-2016, 03:00 PM
Obama Press Conference Distracts From What He Just Did With The Civil Rights Commission

The day before President Obama’s last press conference of the year, the White House quietly announced his presidential appointments of Dego Adegbile and Catherine Lhamon to six-year terms on the U.S. Civil Rights Commission. Both appointments are aggressive moves for a president on his way out the door.

Obama previously nominated Adegbile to head the Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division, but a bipartisan group of senators blocked the nomination in 2014 due to Adegbile’s defense of convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal.

Adegbile’s appointment, which will not require congressional approval, left pro-police groups crying foul.

John McNesby, president of the Philadelphia chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police, called the appointment a “kick in the teeth to the cops.” Sam Cabral, president of the International Union of Police Associations, called the appointment a “slap in the face to every law enforcement officer in this great nation” in a statement released Friday.

Republican Senator from Pennsylvania Pat Toomey issued a sharply-worded statement calling on Obama to withdraw the appointment.

“Mr. Adegbile did not simply defend a client. He supervised an effort to lionize unrepentant cop-killer Mumia Abu Jamal, who cold-bloodedly murdered Philadelphia police officer Danny Faulkner 35 years ago,” Toomey’s statement read. “Mr. Adegbile supervised the effort to spread misinformation about the trial and evidence, fabricate claims of racism, malign Philly police, and organize rallies across the globe that portrayed this brutal cop-killer as the victim.”

Rest here - http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/17/obama-press-conference-distracts-from-what-he-just-did-with-the-civil-rights-commission/

Elessar
12-18-2016, 03:26 PM
Another fine move by this twit!

Kathianne
12-18-2016, 04:25 PM
I'd look for Trump to appoint some very conservative nominees in similar positions, regardless of how the Democrats will take it. With the majority being R, he is likely going to get some 'backing' in doing so. Without this type of move, I think we'd have seen some push back from folks like McCain, Flake, and others to put in some moderates in the interest of 'working together.' Now? Nope.

Elessar
12-18-2016, 07:44 PM
I'd look for Trump to appoint some very conservative nominees in similar positions, regardless of how the Democrats will take it. With the majority being R, he is likely going to get some 'backing' in doing so. Without this type of move, I think we'd have seen some push back from folks like McCain, Flake, and others to put in some moderates in the interest of 'working together.' Now? Nope.

I would not much care if there were moderates. It would be far better than liberal leftists. Working together
is the key. liberals insist to be placated, not caring about others. At least with moderates you would have a
lot more views to weigh and discuss. It's been shown for 8 years liberals will not yield, when conservatives
tried to work with them.