PDA

View Full Version : Priebus to intelligence :'Stand in front of a camera'

jimnyc
12-18-2016, 03:43 PM
I agree with this. I would agree if it were Podesta making the demand of proof to the American people. Take my stance and the stance of the demanding person out of it. If there are hacking accusations, and then those accusations are then used politically - they should get in front of the camera with whatever proof they have and end speculation regarding the election. It's already widely discussed and fingers already pointed, so I can't see anyone stating they can't do so because of privacy violations or similar. Personally, I think any hacking is what we already know about, the DNC being hacked and the Podesta and Clinton emails and all the crap that was slowly leaked by Wikileaks. At any rate, get in front of the cameras and release everything and and as much as possible. The "geek" details proving the case may not be understood by the everyday person, but the geeks out there can verify things for us.

Until then, it's just a lack of information that both sides will use to come to conclusions.

-----

Priebus to intelligence agencies: 'Stand in front of a camera and make the case' on Russian hacking

Washington (CNN)President-elect Donald Trump's incoming chief of staff continued to cast doubt on the American intelligence community's finding that Russia was responsible for hacks into Democratic emails in an effort to help Trump defeat Hillary Clinton.

"It sure would be nice to hear from everybody. I mean, if there is this conclusive opinion among all of these intelligence agencies, then they should issue a report or they should stand in front of a camera and make the case," Reince Priebus said on "Fox News Sunday."

Host Chris Wallace pressed Priebus, currently the chairman of the Republican National Committee, on what it would take for Trump to accept that Russia was behind the hacks, and that its intent was to boost Trump.

"I think he would accept the conclusion if these intelligence professionals would get together, put out a report, show the American people that they're actually on the same page as opposed to third parties through 'The Washington Post,' " Priebus said.

Wallace pointed out that CIA Director John Brennan had sent an unclassified letter Friday to the agency's employees saying that FBI Director James Comey and Director of National Intelligence James Clapper agree with the CIA's findings on the Russian hacking.

But Priebus said the intelligence leaders should defend their findings publicly.
"I mean, we haven't heard from Comey. So, look, I think that these guys should be straight with the American people and come out and say it. I don't think they've been clear about it. I think that it's been all over the map," Priebus said.
He said US intelligence agencies' conclusion might ultimately be accepted by Trump.
"Look, I think that they're almost there, except for the fact they haven't been totally up front and transparent in their opinion as to who, what, where, and how this all happened. And I think they'll get there. And when they do, we can hear from the President-elect and get his opinion," he said.
"But the reality of all of this and all of these players that are spinning these reports are doing it for a political purpose," Priebus said, "which is to delegitimize the outcome of the election."

Rest here - http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/18/politics/trump-russia-hacking-reince-priebus-kellyanne-conway/index.html

revelarts
12-18-2016, 04:57 PM
I'm no Trump fan and I have know way to know what game the FBI/CIA are into but their statements don't pass the stink test especially in the light of counter testimony.
Their are plenty of thing s to accuse Russia of but it seems these Leaks/Hacks aren't one of them.

CIA Unnamed sources... Conflicting Intelligence

Snowden notes that while Russia certainly has the capability.
In other similar cases the Gov't has provided evidence for the claims.
And J Assange says wikileaks didn't get his hacks from Russia

Article from Glen Greenwald and others from the far right organs COMMON DREAMS (http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/12/10/cia-concludes-russia-meddled-us-election-provides-no-evidence) and THE INTERCEPT (https://theintercept.com/2016/12/10/anonymous-leaks-to-the-washpost-about-the-cias-russia-beliefs-are-no-substitute-for-evidence/)
Anonymous Leaks to the WashPost About the CIA’s Russia Beliefs Are No Substitute for Evidence

'Quote:

<tbody>

THE WASHINGTON POST late Friday night published an explosive story that, in many ways, is classic American journalism of the worst sort: The key claims are based exclusively on the unverified assertions of anonymous officials, who in turn are disseminating their own claims about what the CIA purportedly believes, all based on evidence that remains completely secret.

These unnamed sources told the Post that “the CIA has concluded in a secret assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to help Donald Trump win the presidency, rather than just to undermine confidence in the U.S. electoral system.” The anonymous officials also claim that “intelligence agencies have identified individuals with connections to the Russian government who provided WikiLeaks with thousands of hacked emails” from both the DNC and John Podesta’s email account. Critically, none of the actual evidence for these claims is disclosed; indeed, the CIA’s “secret assessment” itself remains concealed.

A second leak from last night, this one given to the New York Times, cites other anonymous officials as asserting that “the Russians hacked the Republican National Committee’s computer systems in addition to their attacks on Democratic organizations, but did not release whatever information they gleaned from the Republican networks.” But that NYT story says that “it is also far from clear that Russia’s original intent was to support Mr. Trump, and many intelligence officials — and former officials in Mrs. Clinton’s campaign — believe that the primary motive of the Russians was to simply disrupt the campaign and undercut confidence in the integrity of the vote.”

Deep down in its article, the Post notes — rather critically — that “there were minor disagreements among intelligence officials about the agency’s assessment, in part because some questions remain unanswered.” Most importantly, the Post adds that “intelligence agencies do not have specific intelligence showing officials in the Kremlin ‘directing’ the identified individuals to pass the Democratic emails to WikiLeaks.” But the purpose of both anonymous leaks is to finger the Russian government for these hacks, acting with the motive to defeat Hillary Clinton.

</tbody>

Greenwald notes also

...That Democrats are now venerating unverified, anonymous CIA leaks as sacred is par for the course for them this year, but it’s also a good indication of how confused and lost U.S. political culture has become in the wake of Trump’s victory....

I'll add that both sides will use the filmiest Chirps from the CIA or the go'vt if they think if serves their purposes or supports their views.
"Aluminum Tubes"?

....Julian Assange always said Russian hackers were not his source for the emails that took down Hillary. He has never wavered, never changed his statement. His close associate, former British Ambassador (Uzbekistan) Craig Murray, has said the same. It was an inside job. Not Russian hackers.

These are the only two people in the world who know the source. Only two people who have actually met the source. Both deny Russian involvement. Both say it was a Clinton insider. After new calls from the democrats to investigate the leaks, a stunned Murray came forward again to set the record straight.

He said,
“There is no Russian involvement in the leaks of emails showing Clinton’s corruption.”
“I know who leaked them.”
“I’ve met the person who leaked them, and they are certainly not Russian.”
“As Julian Assange has made crystal clear, the leaks did not come from the Russians. As I have explained countless times, they are not hacks, they are insider leaks – there is a major difference between the two.”....
https://www.worldnewspolitics.com/20...-not-russians/ (https://www.worldnewspolitics.com/2016/12/12/julian-assange-confirms-hillarys-worst-nightmare-dnc-leaks-inside-job-not-russians/)

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archi...ce-conviction/ (https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/12/cias-absence-conviction/)

Sorry they've produced no hard evidence and Assange and others KNOW who the real source is.
But hey maybe the CIA will produce some Charts about Mobile Labs in the dessert.. I mean mobile hacking sites in the Urals... so the new SofS can show the U.N. how bad Russia is. That will make it true. right?

Seems the FBI and CIA are ly... well cough... are misinformed... on this issue at least.

jimnyc
12-18-2016, 05:05 PM
I'm no Trump fan and I have know way to know what game the FBI/CIA are into but their statements don't pass the stink test especially in the light of counter testimony.
Their are plenty of thing s to accuse Russia of but it seems these Leaks/Hacks aren't one of them.

Even the Dems own testimony doesn't pass the stink test. This is why it's wrong to fling accusations around, when they obviously aren't even clear on the facts. The only folks that can clear that up for us without the political aspect are the intel agencies. And I've even seen differing opinions and what not from different agencies already. That's why I think this entire thing is political.

Obama said at a press conference Friday that Russia's "tampering" with the U.S. election process stopped in early September after he spoke to Putin at an international conference.

And then, from DNC chair Donna Brazile:

"They came after us absolutely every day until the end of the election. They tried to hack into our system repeatedly," Brazile told ABC's Martha Raddatz in an exclusive interview on "This Week" Sunday.

aboutime
12-18-2016, 07:47 PM
Even the Dems own testimony doesn't pass the stink test. This is why it's wrong to fling accusations around, when they obviously aren't even clear on the facts. The only folks that can clear that up for us without the political aspect are the intel agencies. And I've even seen differing opinions and what not from different agencies already. That's why I think this entire thing is political.

jim. I posted this elsewhere too! Forgot to include the rev.

http://youtu.be/XdopPILdBxs

Black Diamond
12-18-2016, 07:51 PM

Obama is so used to flinging accusations around about cops...

at what point is it difficult to stop?

Elessar
12-18-2016, 07:59 PM
Obama is so used to flinging accusations around about cops...

at what point is it difficult to stop?

Come Jan 20 2017....when he becomes as insignificant as fly poop.

Black Diamond
12-18-2016, 08:01 PM
Come Jan 20 2017....when he becomes as insignificant as fly poop. I wonder if he will spend the rest of his life on the golf course

Elessar
12-18-2016, 08:17 PM
I wonder if he will spend the rest of his life on the golf course

Ohhh.....may as well. But he'll still sit to the side and rail on about Cops and side with racist blacks.

He was never a uniter....But the worst divider I can recall.

fj1200
12-19-2016, 08:45 AM
-----

Priebus to intelligence agencies: 'Stand in front of a camera and make the case' on Russian hacking

Washington (CNN)President-elect Donald Trump's incoming chief of staff continued to cast doubt on the American intelligence community's finding that Russia was responsible for hacks into Democratic emails in an effort to help Trump defeat Hillary Clinton.

"It sure would be nice to hear from everybody. I mean, if there is this conclusive opinion among all of these intelligence agencies, then they should issue a report or they should stand in front of a camera and make the case," Reince Priebus said on "Fox News Sunday."

Host Chris Wallace pressed Priebus, currently the chairman of the Republican National Committee, on what it would take for Trump to accept that Russia was behind the hacks, and that its intent was to boost Trump.

"I think he would accept the conclusion if these intelligence professionals would get together, put out a report, show the American people that they're actually on the same page as opposed to third parties through 'The Washington Post,' " Priebus said.

Wallace pointed out that CIA Director John Brennan had sent an unclassified letter Friday to the agency's employees saying that FBI Director James Comey and Director of National Intelligence James Clapper agree with the CIA's findings on the Russian hacking.

But Priebus said the intelligence leaders should defend their findings publicly.
"I mean, we haven't heard from Comey. So, look, I think that these guys should be straight with the American people and come out and say it. I don't think they've been clear about it. I think that it's been all over the map," Priebus said.
He said US intelligence agencies' conclusion might ultimately be accepted by Trump.
"Look, I think that they're almost there, except for the fact they haven't been totally up front and transparent in their opinion as to who, what, where, and how this all happened. And I think they'll get there. And when they do, we can hear from the President-elect and get his opinion," he said.
"But the reality of all of this and all of these players that are spinning these reports are doing it for a political purpose," Priebus said, "which is to delegitimize the outcome of the election."

Rest here - http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/18/politics/trump-russia-hacking-reince-priebus-kellyanne-conway/index.html

This is all bad precedent.

jimnyc
12-19-2016, 01:57 PM
This is kind of where I'm at. From everything I read, even with all of the liberal teeth gnashing and claims of Trump having stolen the election - there is no evidence that things would have been different. I'm not saying that the Russians, or others, didn't try and probe things, and try and find out everything and anything they could, but that's politics as usual. If anyone thinks that foreign countries haven't tried to get involved in our elections before, they are extremely naive.

-----

McCain: 'No Evidence That the Election Would Have Been Different'

(CNSNews.com) - Amid all the talk of Russian hacking, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) says there's no reason to think that Russian activity changed the outcome of the election.

"I have seen no evidence that the voting machines were tampered with...I have seen no evidence that the election would have been different," McCain told CNN's "State of the Union" on Sunday. "But that doesn't change the fact that the Russians and others, Chinese to a lesser degree, have been able to interfere with our electoral process."

McCain, a longstanding critic of Russia and President Vladimir Putin, is calling for a select congressional committee to "get to the bottom" of the Russian hacking. Some Trump opponents believe the leak of Democrat emails before the election contributed to Hillary Clinton's defeat. The WikiLeaks email dump became more of an issue after the election than they ever were before it.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/mccain-no-evidence-election-would-have-been-different

Black Diamond
12-19-2016, 02:00 PM
I am loving it that the Left is feeling cheated.

jimnyc
12-19-2016, 02:02 PM
Now the dummies would like to insinuate that perhaps the Trump campaign worked directly with the Russians.

-----

Priebus: 'Insane' Question: 'Of Course We Didn't Interface With the Russians'

(CNSNews.com) - Donald Trump's chief of staff nominee said neither Trump nor his campaign staff coordinated with the Russian government in the malicious hacking of Democrats' emails.

"Do you flatly deny any contact, any coordination between Mr. Trump, his campaign, his associates and the Russians in interfering?" "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace asked Reince Priebus.

"Even this question is insane," Priebus responded. "Of course we didn't interface with the Russians. I mean, this whole thing is a spin job. And I think what the Democrats ought to do is look in the mirror and face the reality that they lost the election. And they lost the election because they're so and completely out of touch with the American people that they're so shell-shocked and they can't believe it.

"And what is their response? Recounts, Russians, leaked CIA reports, and now the press secretary of the president saying that the reason Hillary Clinton lost wasn't because she blew it in Benghazi, she blew it with Russia, she blew it as secretary of state, she ignored the entire Midwest, and people didn't like the product. That's why Hillary Clinton lost."

Hillary Clinton first blamed FBI Director James Comey for her election loss, but more recently she told donors that it was Russian hacking that led to her defeat. She said Russian President Vladimir Putin had a "personal beef against me."

Priebus noted that FBI Director James Comey still hasn't weighed in publicly on the Russian hacking, although CIA Director John Brennan has. He also complained about leaks to third parties.

"And then, people like us have to answer to these third parties about something that all of these intelligence agencies have not made 100 percent clear as to what's happening."

Rest here - http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/priebus-insane-question-course-we-didnt-interface-russians