PDA

View Full Version : Secretary of the Army

jimnyc
12-19-2016, 02:05 PM
President-elect Donald J. Trump has picked Vincent Viola as secretary of the Army. Viola is the founder of several businesses, including Virtu Financial, an electronic trading firm. He also owns the National Hockey League's Florida Panthers and is a past chairman of the New York Mercantile Exchange.

In a statement Monday, Trump said Viola is "living proof of the American dream." Viola grew up in a family of Italian immigrants in Brooklyn. His father worked as a truck driver.

Viola is a 1977 West Point graduate. He trained as an Airborne Ranger infantry officer and served in the 101st Airborne Division. He is a graduate of New York Law School. In 2003, he founded and helped fund the creation of the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point.

Viola bought the Panthers for about $250 million in 2013.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/latest-trump-holds-new-meetings-he-weighs-more-picks

Gunny
12-19-2016, 04:07 PM
President-elect Donald J. Trump has picked Vincent Viola as secretary of the Army. Viola is the founder of several businesses, including Virtu Financial, an electronic trading firm. He also owns the National Hockey League's Florida Panthers and is a past chairman of the New York Mercantile Exchange.

In a statement Monday, Trump said Viola is "living proof of the American dream." Viola grew up in a family of Italian immigrants in Brooklyn. His father worked as a truck driver.

Viola is a 1977 West Point graduate. He trained as an Airborne Ranger infantry officer and served in the 101st Airborne Division. He is a graduate of New York Law School. In 2003, he founded and helped fund the creation of the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point.

Viola bought the Panthers for about $250 million in 2013.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/latest-trump-holds-new-meetings-he-weighs-more-picks

The US is not a corporation, and being a ring knocker academy grad qualifies you to STFU and sit in the corner. Beware running blindly from one fire into another.

Elessar
12-19-2016, 08:11 PM
The US is not a corporation, and being a ring knocker academy grad qualifies you to STFU and sit in the corner. Beware running blindly from one fire into another.

I'd much rather see an Army Vet, than some lower bureaucract. Best if the person came up through the ranks
to attain flag level, in my opiion.

Gunny
12-19-2016, 09:49 PM
I'd much rather see an Army Vet, than some lower bureaucract. Best if the person came up through the ranks
to attain flag level, in my opiion.

I'd rather have someone qualified for the job.

CSM
12-20-2016, 06:26 AM
I'd rather have someone qualified for the job.

So, I have to ask...why is this selection NOT qualified? I don't understand why anyone thinks veteran status or even economic status alone automatically disqualifies a person from holding ANY position. That stance seems very much like a liberal one to me....OMG!!! Has Gunny gone LIB?????

Kathianne
12-20-2016, 07:44 AM
So, I have to ask...why is this selection NOT qualified? I don't understand why anyone thinks veteran status or even economic status alone automatically disqualifies a person from holding ANY position. That stance seems very much like a liberal one to me....OMG!!! Has Gunny gone LIB?????

I have to agree. I've never understood why someone attending military college makes them unfit to lead? Seems to me some very good people have done a fine job upon graduation.

darin
12-20-2016, 07:56 AM
Seems like a great pick. The DoD and its services are run based on the dollar. Fiscal smarts is a force multiplier.