PDA

View Full Version : Obama Pardons and/or Commutes

Bilgerat
12-19-2016, 03:29 PM
153 Commutations and 78 Pardons to Individuals Deserving of a Second Chance

Today, President Obama granted clemency to 231 deserving individuals — the most individual acts of clemency granted in a single day by any president in this nation’s history. With today’s 153 commutations, the President has now commuted the sentences of 1,176 individuals, including 395 life sentences. The President also granted pardons to 78 individuals, bringing his total number of pardons to 148. Today’s acts of clemency — and the mercy the President has shown his 1,324 clemency recipients — exemplify his belief that America is a nation of second chances.

The White House Version is here:https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2016/12/19/president-obama-grants-153-commutations-and-78-pardons-individuals-deserving-second

jimnyc
12-19-2016, 03:44 PM
Wow. I can understand some good will. But they should have someone do research for the president, and make sure it's ONLY folks that TRULY deserve it when using clemency. I like the pardon stories. Someone who is now out of jail, and has done something special to show they have changed their lives. The rest of them are just ex-cons. Reducing sentences for those currently in prison, it better be a DAMN good reason to do so, other than a request from someone, to override a decision.

You do the crime you do the time. But not always when Obama is in office. :confused:

http://i.imgur.com/d4paUME.jpg

Gunny
12-19-2016, 03:44 PM
153 Commutations and 78 Pardons to Individuals Deserving of a Second Chance

Today, President Obama granted clemency to 231 deserving individuals — the most individual acts of clemency granted in a single day by any president in this nation’s history. With today’s 153 commutations, the President has now commuted the sentences of 1,176 individuals, including 395 life sentences. The President also granted pardons to 78 individuals, bringing his total number of pardons to 148. Today’s acts of clemency — and the mercy the President has shown his 1,324 clemency recipients — exemplify his belief that America is a nation of second chances.

The White House Version is here:https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2016/12/19/president-obama-grants-153-commutations-and-78-pardons-individuals-deserving-second

If I was incoming AG he'd best get his own name on the list.

Bilgerat
12-19-2016, 04:13 PM
If I was incoming AG he'd best get his own name on the list.

And the Hildabeast's too! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gunny
12-19-2016, 04:17 PM
And the Hildabeast's too! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't even care about her. She's destroyed politically. On to the next target. Destroy everything Obama has screwed up and leave him crying in the rain.

Elessar
12-19-2016, 07:56 PM
I don't even care about her. She's destroyed politically. On to the next target. Destroy everything Obama has screwed up and leave him crying in the rain.

He'll still keep rattling his teeth, as will Hillary. He'll never understand what he has to destroy racial relations
over the past 8 years.

Let him go cut lawns for some rich white liberals. His ass is shot as a lawyer.