PDA

View Full Version : NAACP defends Vick

Trigg
07-31-2007, 08:12 AM
ATLANTA (AP) - NAACP leaders urged public restraint Monday in judging Michael Vick before he has his day in court.
R.L. White, president of the Atlanta chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, said the Atlanta Falcons quarterback has been vilified by animal rights groups, talk radio and the news media and prematurely punished by his team and corporate sponsors.

"If Mr. Vick is guilty, he should pay for his crime, but to treat him as he is being treated now is also a crime," White said at a news conference. "Be restrained in your premature judgment until the legal process is completed."

Vick has pleaded not guilty to charges of sponsoring a dogfighting operation.

On Monday, Tony Taylor, a co-defendant in the case, pleaded guilty in Virginia to federal dogfighting conspiracy charges in a plea agreement"

The NAACP is a joke, they run around defending thugs and liers (Duke rape case) .

dan
07-31-2007, 10:28 AM
Didn't see this coming!

While I agree that we shouldn't judge until the facts are in, it's becoming pretty obvious that Vick was involved in this. And, I'm sure with his buddy singing like a bird, he'll be going down for something.

But, yeah, obviously the NAACP was going to get involved.

Dilloduck
07-31-2007, 03:23 PM
Didn't see this coming!

While I agree that we shouldn't judge until the facts are in, it's becoming pretty obvious that Vick was involved in this. And, I'm sure with his buddy singing like a bird, he'll be going down for something.

But, yeah, obviously the NAACP was going to get involved.

Get a few blacks on the jury and he'll walk.

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Get a few blacks on the jury and he'll walk.

Not true, I think everyone is repulsed by this time of crime, no matter what race they are.

Dilloduck
07-31-2007, 03:30 PM
Not true, I think everyone is repulsed by this time of crime, no matter what race they are.

I think you outta hang around any black juror who votes to convict him. A couple weeks outta do it.

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 03:34 PM
I think you outta hang around any black juror who votes to convict him. A couple weeks outta do it.

I think he will get convicted no matter who sit's on the jury.

Dilloduck
07-31-2007, 03:46 PM
I think he will get convicted no matter who sit's on the jury.

ya---people thought the same thing about OJ.

Trigg
07-31-2007, 05:40 PM
ya---people thought the same thing about OJ.

With the other guy taking a plea agreement I think Vick will be found guilty.

OJ was a different matter. He was found innocent beccause the black women on the jury didn't like seeing him with a white woman IMO.

Guernicaa
07-31-2007, 07:02 PM
Wow that is a joke.

But what’s not a joke is the way the Duke Lacrosse players were being treated by the black community and prominent black "leaders" (RACISTS). That was a crime.

With Imus...As much as it was wrong, I don't think he should have been taken off air.

If they want to stop recording 50 cent, Jay-Z, Yung Joc, Lil John, D12, and other black rappers using "nigga", then I can see the justification in taking Imus off the air.

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 07:05 PM
With the other guy taking a plea agreement I think Vick will be found guilty.

OJ was a different matter. He was found innocent beccause the black women on the jury didn't like seeing him with a white woman IMO.

Nope......... He was found innocent as he has the late great Johnny Cochran representing him. Also the racist Detective didn't help the Prosecution much. I never really payed attention to it, do you guys really think he did it?

Dilloduck
07-31-2007, 07:41 PM
Nope......... He was found innocent as he has the late great Johnny Cochran representing him. Also the racist Detective didn't help the Prosecution much. I never really payed attention to it, do you guys really think he did it?

He wasn't found "innocent". He was found not guilty. You bet I think he did it.

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 07:45 PM
He wasn't found "innocent". He was found not guilty. You bet I think he did it.

I can't say either way, as I never payed attention to the case other then something about that racist Detective Furman. Like I said before I think a lot of it was Johnny Cochran............. I bet he made really good money. He also got that Pedophile Michael Jackson off.

Dilloduck
07-31-2007, 07:54 PM
I can't say either way, as I never payed attention to the case other then something about that racist Detective Furman. Like I said before I think a lot of it was Johnny Cochran............. I bet he made really good money. He also got that Pedophile Michael Jackson off.

Furman wasn't a racist. And since you didn't pay attention to the case you might wanna refrain from trying to inform people who did.

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 08:00 PM
Furman wasn't a racist. And since you didn't pay attention to the case you might wanna refrain from trying to inform people who did.

Actually I saw that part during interviews. He was and is very much racist.

Yurt
07-31-2007, 08:45 PM

Hence the quick defense by DBCF (Don't blame Color Folk) because NAACP will come after you.

Where was their defense of the duke boys?

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 08:47 PM
Hence the quick defense by DBCF (Don't blame Color Folk) because NAACP will come after you.

Where was their defense of the duke boys?

Don't get me started on those spoiled rich brats...............

Yurt
07-31-2007, 08:51 PM
Don't get me started on those spoiled rich brats...............

you mean innocent spoiled rich brats..................;)

Hugh Lincoln
07-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Blacks don't think of dogs or treat dogs with the same respect that whites do. For one, they're AFRAID of dogs, and dogs are AFRAID of them. So it doesn't surprise me that a group of blacks would set up a dogfighting enterprise.

Dilloduck
07-31-2007, 09:50 PM
Actually I saw that part during interviews. He was and is very much racist.

Bullshit---you obviously don't even know when the race card is being played.

Yurt
07-31-2007, 10:41 PM
Blacks don't think of dogs or treat dogs with the same respect that whites do. For one, they're AFRAID of dogs, and dogs are AFRAID of them. So it doesn't surprise me that a group of blacks would set up a dogfighting enterprise.

proof? where does this come from?

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Bullshit---you obviously don't even know when the race card is being played.

:fu:

Hugh Lincoln
07-31-2007, 10:57 PM
proof? where does this come from?

People's observations, and my own.

http://www.slate.com/id/2079214/

Our dog goes NUTS around blacks, barking like crazy. It can be embarrassing. But it's not that she was never exposed to blacks, because she came from a black neighborhood in Tennessee. THAT makes you wonder even more... growing up, we adopted "Oscar," who we found running around near the black part of town. Poor Oscar would freak out if you got out a broom. So, was Oscar beaten by blacks wielding brooms?

Last summer we had a couch delivered. Delivery Man No. 2 was a HUGE black man. When our dog came out, she actually didn't bark, just sat on the porch. But black man stayed in the truck and wouldn't come out until we promised to put her away. Do you know any burly white delivery men who would act that way? Every white worker who comes to our house LOVES our dog, pets her, calls her a sweetheart, you name it. Our white electrician knows her and calls her, for God's sake!

My suspicion is that dogs and whites are close. For thousands of years, they have discovered dog bones near European human bones, suggesting that we have been companions for eons. They do not have evidence of black Africans having dogs.

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 10:59 PM
you mean innocent spoiled rich brats..................;)

I wouldn't go that far..........

Nukeman
08-01-2007, 06:01 AM
I wouldn't go that far..........I would!!!!

If you were paying "attention" mr. Nifong came forth and I quote "those boys are innocent there was NO CRIME COMMITTED"

As for OJ hell yaa he did it and the only racism going on were the jurors who couldnt get past the idea that it was a bunch of whites trying to railroad a successful black man.

Furmon may or may not be rascist but because he used the N word all of his detective work was for naught.

here is another bit of information on this whole ordeal

June 17, 1994, over one thousand reporters waited for Simpson to turn himself in to police and then give a statement to the media after booking. When he failed to show, confusion set in, and at 2 p.m., an all points bulletin was issued by the police. Robert Kardashian, a Simpson friend and one of his defense lawyers, then read a rambling letter by Simpson to the collected media. In the letter Simpson said, "First everyone understand I had nothing to do with Nicole's murder… Don't feel sorry for me. I've had a great life." To many, this sounded like a suicide note and the reporters then joined the search for Simpson.

At 6:45 p.m., a sheriff's patrol car saw a white Ford Bronco belonging to Simpson's friend, Al Cowlings, going south on Interstate 405 (Simpson also owned a white Bronco, but it was Cowlings's vehicle that was involved in this incident.) When the officer approached the Bronco, Cowlings, who was driving, yelled that Simpson had a gun to Cowlings' head. The officer then backed off and a slow-speed chase began.

For some time a Los Angeles News Service helicopter contracted by KCBS had exclusive coverage of the chase, but by the end of the chase they had been joined by about a dozen others. NBC interrupted coverage of the 1994 NBA Finals to air the pursuit.

Radio station KNX also provided live coverage of the slow-speed pursuit. As the events unfolded, USC announcer Pete Arbogast, who was doing sports updates, and station producer Oran Sampson contacted former USC coach John McKay to go on the air and encourage Simpson to end the pursuit. McKay agreed and went on the air, asking Simpson to pull over and turn himself in instead of committing suicide.

Numerous spectators and on-lookers packed overpasses in front of the procession; some of them had signs encouraging Simpson to flee and many more were caught up in a festival-like atmosphere. Although Simpson had a loaded weapon, reportedly aimed at the head of Cowlings, and had led authorities on a car chase, no charges were ever filed for his illegal activities

Now you say you didn't follow the case!! I think that is because you were too young to be interested in the trial It is again one of your "who is that", "what was that" , "gee I never heard of that before". I have noticed you say that a lot about common knowledge of people, places, and events that have been in the spotlight.

nevadamedic
08-01-2007, 06:35 PM
I would!!!!

If you were paying "attention" mr. Nifong came forth and I quote "those boys are innocent there was NO CRIME COMMITTED"

As for OJ hell yaa he did it and the only racism going on were the jurors who couldnt get past the idea that it was a bunch of whites trying to railroad a successful black man.

Furmon may or may not be rascist but because he used the N word all of his detective work was for naught.

here is another bit of information on this whole ordeal

Now you say you didn't follow the case!! I think that is because you were too young to be interested in the trial It is again one of your "who is that", "what was that" , "gee I never heard of that before". I have noticed you say that a lot about common knowledge of people, places, and events that have been in the spotlight.

Hell yea I was to young, I think I was in 8th grade? I don't even remember. I do remember the Detective using the word Nigger as one of our teachers was talking about it.

Nukeman
08-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Hell yea I was to young, I think I was in 8th grade? I don't even remember. I do remember the Detective using the word Nigger as one of our teachers was talking about it.
Here's one for ya sparky....

Maybe since you were to young to remember it you should stop commenting on it until you read about it completely by yourself.

As for myself I am old enough to remember the entire trial and sat watching the "chase" as it unfolded.

The detective didn't use the N word during the trial. He was accused of having used it in the past not related to the case, just IN THE PAST. He was then labeled as a racist and they charged him with trying to railroad OJ by planting evidence.

nevadamedic
08-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Here's one for ya sparky....

Maybe since you were to young to remember it you should stop commenting on it until you read about it completely by yourself.

As for myself I am old enough to remember the entire trial and sat watching the "chase" as it unfolded.

The detective didn't use the N word during the trial. He was accused of having used it in the past not related to the case, just IN THE PAST. He was then labeled as a racist and they charged him with trying to railroad OJ by planting evidence.

If you use the word Nigger you are racist.

Trigg
08-01-2007, 08:06 PM

He was guilty as sin...and he was found guilty during the civil trial which is why if OJ published his book the proceeds would have gone to the slane mans father.

IMO the detective wasn't a racist..he was accused to using the N word in the past and denied it...and that enough was used to paint him with the racist moniker.

GO back and look at the case. Their BIG evidence was the glove didn't fit. Let me tell you a golf glove is supposed to fit very snug and if you put on a rubber glove (like they did at the trial) it never was NEVER going to fit....and the dipshit prosecuter should have known that.

nevadamedic
08-01-2007, 08:16 PM
He was guilty as sin...and he was found guilty during the civil trial which is why if OJ published his book the proceeds would have gone to the slane mans father.

IMO the detective wasn't a racist..he was accused to using the N word in the past and denied it...and that enough was used to paint him with the racist moniker.

GO back and look at the case. Their BIG evidence was the glove didn't fit. Let me tell you a golf glove is supposed to fit very snug and if you put on a rubber glove (like they did at the trial) it never was NEVER going to fit....and the dipshit prosecuter should have known that.

And your saying Johnny Cochran had nothing to do with it?

Trigg
08-01-2007, 08:25 PM
And your saying Johnny Cochran had nothing to do with it?

Pretty much...yep that's what I'm saying. The prosecution was to busy playing to the cameras...he should have been found guilty at that trial.

Cochran had been in some very big cases and knew what he was doing. The prosecution was WAY out of their league.

Here is some background on the case....since you missed it when you were 13 read about the case and then get back to us.

SANTA MONICA, California (CNN) -- O.J. Simpson is liable for the death of Ronald Goldman and committed battery against his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson, a civil trial jury ruled Tuesday.

The Superior Court jury awarded $8.5 million in compensatory damages to the Goldman family and to Ron Goldman's biological mother.

The jury ruled against Simpson on each of the eight technical questions of liability it was asked to consider. It effectively found Simpson liable for his ex-wife's death, though the Brown family did not seek such a verdict.

www.cnn.com/US/OJ/simpson.civil.trial/index.html

dan
08-02-2007, 05:28 AM

They had tape of Furman using the N-word. Do I think he was part of a huge conspiracy against OJ? Of course not. But, let's not gloss over the facts, there was audiotape evidence of him using the N-word.

Nukeman
08-02-2007, 06:04 AM
They had tape of Furman using the N-word. Do I think he was part of a huge conspiracy against OJ? Of course not. But, let's not gloss over the facts, there was audiotape evidence of him using the N-word.Who on this board can honostly say they hav NEVER used a ratial epitath. I for one am sick and tired of the double standard in this country where any person of "color" can say what ever they want without consequence yet let a white person say one derogatory statement and they are rascist. What about all the black the say Honky, Whitey, Cracker, White Trash.. etc..etc..

Ohhh thats right I forgot the old stand by "ONLY WHITES CAN BE RASCIST". I am sick to death of this......

Was Furman a rascist? I dont know! Did he call a cold blooded killer a nigger yes....

Nukeman
08-02-2007, 06:09 AM
If you use the word Nigger you are racist.
Are you sure about that!!!! Have you ever used the N word?? You sure talk a rash of shit about Mexicans and other minorities on this board...

How about all the blacks that call each other that???? Are they all racist??? You cant it have it both ways, saying that because my skin color is lighter than yours I'm racist because I use the same word as you.....

red states rule
08-02-2007, 06:13 AM
Are you sure about that!!!! Have you ever used the N word?? You sure talk a rash of shit about Mexicans and other minorities on this board...

How about all the blacks that call each other that???? Are they all racist??? You cant it have it both ways, saying that because my skin color is lighter than yours I'm racist because I use the same word as you.....

It is a racist comment

When a white person says it - they are savaged and attacked

When a black (or a liberal) says it, a pass is given

Nukeman
08-02-2007, 06:19 AM
It is a racist comment

When a white person says it - they are savaged and attacked

When a black (or a liberal) says it, a pass is givenITS A WORD PLAIN AND SIMPLE. People need to get over it!!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
08-02-2007, 06:27 AM
ITS A WORD PLAIN AND SIMPLE. People need to get over it!!!!!!!!!!

It is a word but a word used to hurt, smear, and insult

Notice how libs (like Sen Byrd) get a pass when they use it?

Nukeman
08-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Once a gain IT IS JUST A WORD. All kinds of words hurt, emotionaly, but thats it. A word only has power if you give it power.

Do I get upset when I hear a black man use the term "Whitey", "Cracker", "redneck".....etc... Not really I dont care what they call me because I know thier oppinion means absolutely nothing to me.....

I personnaly would be more upset to be called a slacker, uneducated, lazy peice of shit....

WE as a society need to get beyond this "that word hurt my little feeling" crap..

red states rule
08-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Once a gain IT IS JUST A WORD. All kinds of words hurt, emotionaly, but thats it. A word only has power if you give it power.

Do I get upset when I hear a black man use the term "Whitey", "Cracker", "redneck".....etc... Not really I dont care what they call me because I know thier oppinion means absolutely nothing to me.....

I personnaly would be more upset to be called a slacker, uneducated, lazy peice of shit....

WE as a society need to get beyond this "that word hurt my little feeling" crap..

They are words, but what gets me is the double standard out there. All the words you litsed are directed toward whites

Those who use them are given a pass and nothing more said about it

I find the "N" word disgusting and I choose not to use it

dan
08-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Was Furman a rascist? I dont know! Did he call a cold blooded killer a nigger yes....

That's no excuse. The fact that the guy was a killer had nothing to do with him being black, why call him that?

And, I wouldn't call this "calling a cold blooded killer a nigger":

From his interview with Laura Hart McKinney....

"Yeah we work with niggers and gangs. You can take one of these niggers, drag 'em into the alley and beat the shit out of them and kick them. You can see them twitch. It really relieves your tension"

"She was afraid. He was a big nigger, and she was afraid."

"Commander Hickman, was a dickhead. He should be shot. He did that for one thing. He wants to be chief, so he wants the city council, and the police commissioner, and all these niggers in L.A. City government and all of 'em should be lined up against a wall and fuckin' shot."

"You know these people here, we got all this money going to Ethiopia for what. To feed a bunch of dumb niggers that their own government won't even feed."

"I used to go to work and practice movements. Niggers. They're easy. I used to practice my kicks."

http://web.mit.edu/dryfoo/www/Info/fuhrman.html

red states rule
08-02-2007, 07:38 AM
That's no excuse. The fact that the guy was a killer had nothing to do with him being black, why call him that?

And, I wouldn't call this "calling a cold blooded killer a nigger":

From his interview with Laura Hart McKinney....

"Yeah we work with niggers and gangs. You can take one of these niggers, drag 'em into the alley and beat the shit out of them and kick them. You can see them twitch. It really relieves your tension"

"She was afraid. He was a big nigger, and she was afraid."

"Commander Hickman, was a dickhead. He should be shot. He did that for one thing. He wants to be chief, so he wants the city council, and the police commissioner, and all these niggers in L.A. City government and all of 'em should be lined up against a wall and fuckin' shot."

"You know these people here, we got all this money going to Ethiopia for what. To feed a bunch of dumb niggers that their own government won't even feed."

"I used to go to work and practice movements. Niggers. They're easy. I used to practice my kicks."

http://web.mit.edu/dryfoo/www/Info/fuhrman.html

Where is the outrage from the left, when white Dems use racial slurs against black conservatives?

Libs do have selective outrage when it comes to racist statements